IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 28th June 2011, 12:03 AM   #1
SkepticOfLies
Scholar

911 Was an Inside Job: A Financial Fantasy

911 Was an Inside Job: A Financial Fantasy

Any real scientist will have peer reviewed (scientific processed) papers, while AE911's sceince is SO BAD that they couldn't get one unless they did it through a shady company, that doesn't even do real peer review in a respected scientific mannor.

Google: "Journalology: A short post about Bentham Open"

Crunchy said...
"I'm not sure if you're still reading comments this far back but thought I'd give it a shot. Recently, a scientific journal called the "Open Chemical Physics Journal" published a paper about traces of a sophisticated explosive found in the rubble of the World Trade Center. I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything like that, but this journal appears to be associated with Bentham Open and your site is the only one I found offering anything even resembling a critique of that organization. I was wondering, do you think the Open Chemical Physics Journal is a legitimate journal, and should this paper on the WTC be taken seriously? Thanks for your time."

Brian said...

"Bentham Open is mostly known for spamming researchers, so far as I can tell. I've received one or two spam solicitations from them myself. As for the 9/11 conspiracy paper, the editor-in-chief of that journal resigned because it was published without her knowledge or approval:

(don't have enough posts to post link)

They've also accepted nonsense articles:

Doesn't seem to be a very professional organization ..."

OCTOBER 23, 2009

Basically they tried to finally get peer reviewed papers after being critisized for not having any all this time, and they paid a shady company instead of trying to actually get it done legit because their science sucks, people left the company. They know their science can't hold up and everyone laughs at them, so when they challenge NIST to a debate, NIST laugh them off, then AE911 runs and tells all the truther's that "NIST was scared" to gain more support. The BO (because it stinks lol) doesn't do real peer review, they charge $800 to publish and spam bunk science. Most of the people are muslim too that Gage has connections with, so it's no wonder why the "official story" would be a good thing to try and shut down at that journal.

AE911 are a "proof by intimidation" scam, they have "credentials" so they make your brain submit to their teachings without rational thinking. They tell you what the only thing that's physically possible could be, so when you hear real science, you block it out has "physically impossible" based off what the scam artist said, and you don't dig deeper for the real facts. You donate for a "great" cause, and it goes to Richard's bank (remember, he's doing the research anyway). Rumor has it that he pocketed $70,000 in 2010.
If it's too good to be true then it probably is.... It's too good for the truth movement to have "real" experts that finaly agree with them, that's because it is too good to be true, it's FALSE and it's a scam to make money.

Truthers aren't very smart but they're dedicated.....That's a damn good market for scam artists.

Anyone who knows anything in the real world of science doesn't even wanna touch this because the science is so bad, but the AE911 people play it off as if we are getting "scared of the movement/truth", then they get more donations. The money cycle continutes, scam continues..
A peer reviewed paper in science is supposed to be really peer reviewed, large, and actually based on something. It should be like a rich persons wedding (large) you plan for months between two people in love (based on something). These AE911 shills went to the BENTHAM OPEN, paid $800 quickly, got "peer reviewed" slapped on it then had it spammed out to people. That's like a quick wedding in vegas(small) between two people who are not even in love (not based on anything), not real. AE911 is BUNK SCIENCE. You can't polish a turd, it only smooshes around..
Even though there were a few conspiracies floating around after 911 (just like after every major historical event), the whole movement as we know it today is a scam. Dylan Every admittedly wrote Loose Change as fiction and slapped "documentary" on it because his flim was so compelling and realistic. This was simply just a marketing tactic. Screw Loose Change even proves that every claim is false. Alex Jones ended up calling them after Loose Change got a buzz, and they started pushing false NWO and 911 conspiracies for and DVD sales.

Now... is Alex known to spew outrages lies just to further advance his career?? YES. Most people don't know that Alex Jones swore by his life that Y2K was real in 1999. He even started spewing garbage about how there were wars going on all around us as he spoke the words, told us that government officials were hiding underneath the ground, and that the world was all going to **** all while he was doing his radio show. Anybody who takes this man seriously is nothing but brain washed by his conspiracy theories. Alex is a either a BRILLIANT scaremonger scam artist , or he is Insane. There is no way around it.
The video below is the video of him spewing that garbage. This was edited for time (youtube: 10 minutes max) and has movie footage from end of the world films rolling in the background to make it more funny. Alex Jones' supporters actually were trying to say that the uploader edited the audio just to make it seem like Alex was talking about Y2K . Purely brainwashed..The uploader even had this to say

"Are you on drugs? Even when ******** spews out of his own mouth you ****ers CHOOSE to deny it. Theres no hope for you."

watch?v=eFEaam2cojY

Now back to 911.

A 911 Truth Movement insider was even fed up with the disinformation being spread by the group, and actually debunked his own fellow truthers out of honesty. Of course, the video's comment section is flooded by heards of truther sheep who seem to stop at nothing to defend the nonsense.Here's the video: watch?v=Xcc_Bwh4uTE

watch?v=y7tMHMQ863Q <--------go to 6:45 in that video. Dylan admits the movie has false claims that are not backed up by facts, and to not even watch Loose Change. Ok Dylan, then why are you still defending all the points your movie made years ago TO THIS DAY? Jason and Dylan are trying to keep the fantasy alive because they are too emotionally and financially invested to let it go, no matter how many 911 Myths or 911 Debunked sites prove it's sillyness. The sheep are no different, they blindly disregard the debunking as well.

This huge scam has millions of truthers under a blanket of deceit, and They TRAIN you to discredit people who disagree with you. I mean, why would I disagree with you unless I like the official story? And why would I be so keen on pushing the official story unless I was working for the government? and, how could I be working for the government if I wasn't a paid government shill? So they have this deceiving formula POUNDED into the sheeps heads, so they brush off somebody pushing reality upon them, as a paid government shill or disinfo agent. This is wrong, and it is SICK...
Scammers mental formula:
Disagreement with conspiracy theory = Compliance with government/Ignorance to "truth"

They are TRAINING you to think everybody else is the blind sheep so YOU don't see YOU are. They are TRAINING you to think BUNK SCIENCE is the only thing possible so when you hear REAL science, it must be impossible in your minds.
"They also won't perform tests that would give a definitive answer that labs do all the time for the police in arson cases. Even though iron microspheres can originate from many sources, they decide to claim only thermite can be the cause for absolutely no reason at all." - Scientific Community on AE911
Well I disagree with the Scientific Community about how there is "no reason at all", I'm here to expose those reasons .
Every scientist knows that the AE911 either falsify data OR if there's MULTIPLE options to explain what they find, they push for thermite ONLY! Real scientists check everything. Think about it, if they had proof that there was a controlled demolition on 911 it would be all over the news in you truther's minds right?

Wrong! Because Alex Jones has you TRAINED to think that the NWO can intervene like a ninja/ God and stop anything from happening that could expose the "truth", you guys have have been programmed to think this way for years by conspiracy theorists. Everyone in the real world knows that the media controls the government, not the other way around. The media can put a polititian in a good light or a bad light. The media ****s presidents over, like when they cashed in off of the Bill Clinton sex scandal with NO REMORSE. The media hates Bush as well. These truthers are so brainwashed though, they think a leak in the White House regarding Bush pulling off 911 would somehow magically remain silent, and that the media somehow magically wouldn't want to get rich off of the biggest news story in American history.
Think about it...A smart president can't even do something sexual involving two people in private, without the media getting rich and the world finding out...but I'm supposed to believe a dumb president pulled off the largest conspiracy in American history involving thousands of people that would have to keep silent , and the killing of thousands of his own people with nobody finding out or even having a good enough conscience to come forward about it even ten years later.........YA RIGHT!

Remember that Dylan, Jason, Alex are just the idea planters. The rest took care of it self.

Weak people bought it and pushed it on you-tube and some movie makers got into it, which is their "media" . Word spread to Rosie, Charlie, Jesse (weak minded/mentally unstable celebs) ect. and they bought the lies, and that covers the "entertainment credibility". AE911 cover the "scientific credibiltity", and they now have your mind comlpetely brain washed from ALL angles.

Here is reality: Suspicious CIA operations ARE real (same with FBI Black OPPs ect.), The war in Iraq IS a war crime (no "911 like" event was needed for "pre-text", we've been after Saddam for years, they just tried to tie the two events together last minute for the hell of it) Bankers ARE out to get us for money, The Bilderberg Group IS real and IS probably a bad thing (one of the very few subjects imo Alex may be right about lol) , Skull and Bones IS real, Bohemian Grove IS a real, and the government ARE war lovers trying to tax the **** out of us.....But everything else is an illusion and a deception, used to prey on impressionable minds for support and money.

Here's something to think about...Some commissioners for the 911 Comission Report have whitsle blowed that the report was a whitewash and that the government told them to lie about it..Inside job right? NO! It was because the government wanted to keep it secret that we were only attacked because of our ties with Israel, and the government wanted to push the lie that it was because of our freedom. The public would have wanted these ties with Isreal severed to prevent another radical muslim attack if they found out the truth about why 911 really happened.. The US will NOT cut those ties with Isreal, so there was a HUGE cover up so people didn't know the truth. There was no inside job, Bush was just a careless retard that left the country wide open for anything to happen, and somerthing happened.....WOW WHAT A SHOCKER!
911 happened only 6 months into Bush's presidency as well, Al Qaeda have been planning 911 for years. Plus if the government was just going to place false blame they would have blammed Saddam. I'm actually willing to bet that Bush was probably pissed off when he found out Saddam has nothing to do with attacks, so he said "**** it we are already in Afghanistan so let's get Saddam too while we're at it! I got your back daddy!". Basically, nothing about 911 being an inside job makes sense to a rational thinking person.

"Maureen Dowd's book Bushworld illustrates exactly why the 911 plot slipped through the cracks, there was no inside job. It was just incompetence and stupidity. The Bush administration was all about cold war missile shield type involvements. Its actually sort of amazing how totally removed from reality they were."

Long story short? Alex Jones, Jason Bermas, Dylan Avery, Gage, Steven Jones, Harrits ect. are part of a scam to prey on millions of weak minded people, who are then trained to disregard real facts as Compliance with covernment/ Ignorance to "truth"/ or denial, and to disregard respectable organizations as people who delibertately falsify data to protect the "official story" . Plus when real scientists make mistakes they correct them, these brainwashed people take it as they are "changing their story". The reason I'm convinced of everything I'm saying? AE911 spew lies or misrepresentations that NOBODY in their field shoud spew. One engineer in AE911 didn't even acknowledge the difference between an elastic or inelastic collision when presenting data and that completely discredited her findings in my mind (I'm no engineer but I knew something was up). I realized that they deliberately leave factors out they could put their theory in jepardy. There is just NO WAY that ALL of these people are simply just retarded ass sceintists, I'm convinced they know what they are doing phycologically to their supporters.

According to the "laws of gravity" my ass should be on the ground, but nope theres a whole lot of space in between my ass and the ground....Is this physically impossible? No it's called a chair, an outside factor that intervenes that that law. These people talk about the "laws of physics" like no outside factor could change it, therefore making any other possibility than what they say, impossible in their minds. This couldn't be further from the truth. I mean if you only select one option as true, when there are many other options that may be true , then don't the "laws of probability" prove you that that you are probably wong?

As long as that disregarding formula is in you're brain you will NEVER wake up to the real world, and you will keep the fantasys of the few main conspiracy theorists at the top fueled, and their pockets full. Don't be sheep.Cheers!

Last edited by SkepticOfLies; 28th June 2011 at 12:17 AM.
SkepticOfLies is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2011, 12:11 AM   #2
SkepticOfLies
Scholar

And I wrote this with the intention of posting it on a truther site so don't be offended by the "yous", I just copied and pasted the text from Word, and decided I'd rather hear what my fellow skeptics think.

Last edited by SkepticOfLies; 28th June 2011 at 12:16 AM.
SkepticOfLies is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2011, 01:01 AM   #3
sylvan8798
Master Poster

Well, I can't say I agree with much of your post, but at least you're on the right side I guess....

- Professional Wastrel
sylvan8798 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2011, 01:13 AM   #4
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Originally Posted by SkepticOfLies View Post
Here's something to think about...Some commissioners for the 911 Comission Report have whitsle blowed that the report was a whitewash and that the government told them to lie about it..Inside job right? NO! It was because the government wanted to keep it secret that we were only attacked because of our ties with Israel, and the government wanted to push the lie that it was because of our freedom. The public would have wanted these ties with Isreal severed to prevent another radical muslim attack if they found out the truth about why 911 really happened.. The US will NOT cut those ties with Isreal, so there was a HUGE cover up so people didn't know the truth. There was no inside job, Bush was just a careless retard that left the country wide open for anything to happen, and somerthing happened.....WOW WHAT A SHOCKER!
911 happened only 6 months into Bush's presidency as well, Al Qaeda have been planning 911 for years. Plus if the government was just going to place false blame they would have blammed Saddam. I'm actually willing to bet that Bush was probably pissed off when he found out Saddam has nothing to do with attacks, so he said "**** it we are already in Afghanistan so let's get Saddam too while we're at it! I got your back daddy!". Basically, nothing about 911 being an inside job makes sense to a rational thinking person.
I agree with your larger premise but I have to ask what you have to back up the highlighted bit.

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2011, 01:45 AM   #5
philkensebben
Illuminator

Have I got this right? - theirs a conspiracy amongst prominent conspiracy theorists to scam conspiracy believers?
philkensebben is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2011, 02:09 AM   #6
SkepticOfLies
Scholar

No, I don't believe there is an actual conspiracy. "like I said, I wrote it with the intention of posting it on a truther site lol). I just realized that truthers don't want to be fed the truth because the lie is more enjoyable. So maybe if I fed them the truth in the form of a lie, they would be more likely to accept the truth under the radar.
Old 28th June 2011, 02:16 AM   #7
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Your post is too long.

Most people are not going to read through it, most truthers are not going to be able to.

This is the internet; if you can't capture your audience in the first 200 words, don't bother.

Hans
Old 28th June 2011, 02:18 AM   #8
SkepticOfLies
Scholar

I do believe AE911 are scam artists though (either that, or dedicated truthers that falsify data to protect the fantasy and not the money), one of the two. And Alex is just crazy.

oh and to the person who asked where I got my info from about why we were attacked?

google: 9/11 Commission Chairmen Admit to Whitewash

They admit that they were told to cover up the fact that Osama attacked us because we protect Israel.
Old 28th June 2011, 02:20 AM   #9
SkepticOfLies
Scholar

And to hans, oh well, one can only try ..... no need to be a dick!
Old 28th June 2011, 03:22 AM   #10
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Hey SkepticOfLies, and welcome to the JREF!
You cannot post fully formed URLs yet, but you can do so when you just edit it in a way that forum software doesn't recoginze it as a link: leave away the http, the www, and the dot before the top level domain (for example: make "-com" out of ".com"), and we'll be intelligent enough to piece this together.

Anyway, let me post some links for you:

Google: "Journalology: A short post about Bentham Open"
http://journalology.blogspot.com/200...tham-open.html

Brian said...

"Bentham Open is mostly known for spamming researchers, so far as I can tell. I've received one or two spam solicitations from them myself. As for the 9/11 conspiracy paper, the editor-in-chief of that journal resigned because it was published without her knowledge or approval:

http://screwloosechange.blogspot.com...er-steven.html

They've also accepted nonsense articles:

http://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2...e-for-dollars/

Doesn't seem to be a very professional organization ..."

...You donate for a "great" cause, and it goes to Richard's bank (remember, he's doing the research anyway). Rumor has it that he pocketed $70,000 in 2010.
If it's too good to be true then it probably is.... It's too good for the truth movement to have "real" experts that finaly agree with them, that's because it is too good to be true, it's FALSE and it's a scam to make money.
Richard is NOT doing any research, actually.
The rumour is nearly true, but for fiscal year 2009. The 2010 tax report isn't out yet. In 2009, Richard Gage did indeed receive a salary of US$75,450.
You can look it up, it's on public record:
http://www2.guidestar.org/organizati...-11-truth.aspx
You need to sign up there (it's free of charge, and no spam), and go to the Forms 990.

watch?v=eFEaam2cojY
You can embed Yuotube videos directly in JREF posts: Just copy the video-id, and put [ YT ] tags around it. Like this:
[ YT ]eFEaam2cojY[ /YT ]
(of course, leave away the blanks). Result:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Now back to 911.

A 911 Truth Movement insider was even fed up with the disinformation being spread by the group, and actually debunked his own fellow truthers out of honesty. Of course, the video's comment section is flooded by heards of truther sheep who seem to stop at nothing to defend the nonsense.Here's the video: watch?v=Xcc_Bwh4uTE
watch?v=y7tMHMQ863Q <--------go to 6:45 in that video. [/quote]

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

I AGREE

Dylan admits the movie has false claims that are not backed up by facts, and to not even watch Loose Change. ...

I think that's overall a good post, makes a lot of valid points, even if it is a bit long-winded and ranting.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2011, 03:29 AM   #11
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
I agree with your larger premise but I have to ask what you have to back up the highlighted bit.
oh and to the person who asked where I got my info from about why we were attacked?

google: 9/11 Commission Chairmen Admit to Whitewash

They admit that they were told to cover up the fact that Osama attacked us because we protect Israel.
I think that paraphrase is a bit short and thus distorted. The link is not quite so direct. Overall, Al Qaeda has a number of grievances with the USA, and the US stance on Israel and Palestine is only one of them, and probably not even the most important. As Bin Laden, and most of his 9/11 terrorists, are Saudis, I believe they have much more of a problem with the infidels being so cozy with the Saudi royal family, and the USA even protecting Saudi Arabia, and with it the most holy sites of islam.

But you are correct that individual members of the 9/11 commission have voiced the opinion that mentioning Israel is taboo, even though that is part of the reason why some islamist radicals are motivated to attack western targets. I remember one member, and somehow remember his name to be John Farmer, but not the John Farmer who posts here as member BCR, having that opinion that the US relations to Israel are a great liability in terms of reasons for the existence of islamist terror.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2011, 03:47 AM   #12
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Hi there, SkepticOfLies. I have a few constructive (I hope!) comments. Firstly, as Hans said, the post is rather long, so it would be a good idea to condense it where possible. Truthers won't read past the first thing they disagree with, so I wouldn't worry about holding their attention, but it's the undecided people who've only been exposed to truther propaganda that we usually find we're talking to.

Most of the people are muslim too that Gage has connections with, so it's no wonder why the "official story" would be a good thing to try and shut down at that journal.
I'd be surprised if that's a true representation of the facts of the case. I think you should look into this a bit closer and re-think that assertion.

This huge scam has millions of truthers under a blanket of deceit, and They TRAIN you to discredit people who disagree with you. I mean, why would I disagree with you unless I like the official story? And why would I be so keen on pushing the official story unless I was working for the government? and, how could I be working for the government if I wasn't a paid government shill? So they have this deceiving formula POUNDED into the sheeps heads, so they brush off somebody pushing reality upon them, as a paid government shill or disinfo agent. This is wrong, and it is SICK...
Scammers mental formula:
Disagreement with conspiracy theory = Compliance with government/Ignorance to "truth"
This is a reasonable description of how truthers operate, highlighting the "If you're not with us, you're against us" mentality that they aim to foster. We see it on this forum all the time - for example, a poster called JihadJane suggested a day or two ago that anybody who doesn't believe 9/11 was an inside job must also support the invasion of Iraq. It's a childishly simple way of viewing the world, but it's compelling for people who want black-and-white moral clarity; they want to think that there are good people, who do no bad things, and bad people, who do all the bad things. They can't get their heads round the idea that both sides can do bad things.

So a good angle to work on is this one:

Here is reality: Suspicious CIA operations ARE real (same with FBI Black OPPs ect.), The war in Iraq IS a war crime (no "911 like" event was needed for "pre-text", we've been after Saddam for years, they just tried to tie the two events together last minute for the hell of it) Bankers ARE out to get us for money, The Bilderberg Group IS real and IS probably a bad thing (one of the very few subjects imo Alex may be right about lol) , Skull and Bones IS real, Bohemian Grove IS a real, and the government ARE war lovers trying to tax the **** out of us.....But everything else is an illusion and a deception, used to prey on impressionable minds for support and money.
I'd probably take issue with some of the details, but the general line is sound; some things go on that we don't know about, some powerful people work together behind the scenes to further their own self-interests, but that doesn't mean that every cockeyed conspiracy theory must be true.

According to the "laws of gravity" my ass should be on the ground, but nope theres a whole lot of space in between my ass and the ground....Is this physically impossible? No it's called a chair, an outside factor that intervenes that that law. These people talk about the "laws of physics" like no outside factor could change it, therefore making any other possibility than what they say, impossible in their minds. This couldn't be further from the truth. I mean if you only select one option as true, when there are many other options that may be true , then don't the "laws of probability" prove you that that you are probably wong?
There are much better lines of argument to refute the various truther "If explosives weren't involved then 9/11 violated the laws of physics" arguments, and there are plenty of threads on this forum where you can find them. In particular, the recent thread on Gage's Next Debate has featured a lot of work by Chris Mohr to collate and summarise these arguments, then present them in a clear and understandable form. It's quite a lot to read, but I'd recommend that you go through the thread and read the installments of Chris's script. They're a very good starting point for understanding the basic science behind why the truth movement is wrong.

And finally, stick around here and get involved. You may find (in fact, I think you already have ) that the debunking community here isn't the monolithic group of government agents repeating a party line that the truthers love to pretend it is; in fact, we've had debunkers from every shade of the political spectrum, and occasionally there are suspensions and bans because individuals clash so strongly. In fact, about the only thing debunkers have in common is an appreciation of how lame the truther arguments are. So you may need a thick skin at times; but this is a great place to learn a lot about physics, structural engineering, air traffic control, and all the other aspects of 9/11 that the truth movement tries to misrepresent.

Welcome to the forum.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2011, 05:08 AM   #13
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
...In fact, about the only thing debunkers have in common is an appreciation of how lame the truther arguments are. So you may need a thick skin at times; but this is a great place to learn a lot about physics, structural engineering, air traffic control, and all the other aspects of 9/11 that the truth movement tries to misrepresent.

Welcome to the forum.

Dave
Seconded.

My own reason to read and post in this sub-forum is less an agenda - I don't think many truthers can be convinced even by the best of arguments, and particularly not those who have the thick skin to visit this forum full of rational, skeptical, science minded folks. Instead, in the 1.5 years or so that I have been invloved here, I learned a lot about just the things that Dave mentions, revived some of my rusty high school math and physics, practiced the arts of debate, research and critical reading on the internet, and basically enjoyed using my brain while recreating on my idle time.
Old 28th June 2011, 05:39 AM   #14
SkepticOfLies
Scholar

Dave Rogers: Thank you for your input. As far as the specifics about all the things that go on behind our backs, we can save that for another conversation lol

Anyway, AE911 can only get their crap published at the Bentham Open, and that's who they are working with. Online You-Tube debunkers have stated on a numerous occasions that it is an muslim supported system over there, Gage even has a video on you-tube video "stating his alliance" to them, google: AE911TRUTH: MUSLIMS DIDN'T DO 9/11 ATTACKS! I checked to see if there were any muslim ties instead of just taking the debunkers word for it...Some muslim ties? Understatement.

Google "Bentam Open Islamic"

The journal supports an Islamic Herbal Medicine Shop, Islamic charities, the whole 9. I have also heard from debunkers that the core of the staff is muslim, I have not confirmed this though.

Now my best friend is muslim , I love the guy, I tease him for picking the pepperoni off of his pizza but I have no legit problems with muslims (just the radical ones that attacked us). The point I am trying to make , is if the only place (Bentham Open) that will accept your bunk science about how muslims didn't do 911, have muslim ties coming out the bum, then doesn't that say something about bias in the science, or I'm I just speculating like the truthers?
Old 28th June 2011, 07:03 AM   #15
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Dave Rogers: Thank you for your input. As far as the specifics about all the things that go on behind our backs, we can save that for another conversation lol

Anyway, AE911 can only get their crap published at the Bentham Open, and that's who they are working with. Online You-Tube debunkers have stated on a numerous occasions that it is an muslim supported system over there, Gage even has a video on you-tube video "stating his alliance" to them, google: AE911TRUTH: MUSLIMS DIDN'T DO 9/11 ATTACKS! I checked to see if there were any muslim ties instead of just taking the debunkers word for it...Some muslim ties? Understatement.

Google "Bentam Open Islamic"

The journal supports an Islamic Herbal Medicine Shop, Islamic charities, the whole 9. I have also heard from debunkers that the core of the staff is muslim, I have not confirmed this though.

Now my best friend is muslim , I love the guy, I tease him for picking the pepperoni off of his pizza but I have no legit problems with muslims (just the radical ones that attacked us). The point I am trying to make , is if the only place (Bentham Open) that will accept your bunk science about how muslims didn't do 911, have muslim ties coming out the bum, then doesn't that say something about bias in the science, or I'm I just speculating like the truthers?
I think you have a bit of confirmation bias at play here and see strong connections where only weak ones exist.

First, it is not "AE911T" that publishes at Bentham Open. The guys behind that nano-thermite paper (mainly Harrit, S. Jones, Farrer) are not architects or engineers (well, Jones has some engineering background, but that's not his field, really), that paper came more than 2 years after Gage got started, and there is not much overlap between them, even though Harrit, Jones and Farrer all signed Gage's so-called "petition". The connection is probably only one of mutual support and acknowledgement.

Then, Bentham Publishers is a companybased in Pakistan. There is nothing wrong with a science publishing house being located in any country in the world. It is no surprise that a company from the 2nd-largest muslim majority country (about 170 million muslims live there) is connected in many ways with many muslims.

I don't think that anyone at Bentham thought much about the content of Bentham paper and how it might aid pro-muslim politics or PR. Instead, I am sure they focussed primarily on the US$800 check they got. They will probably publish any junk, even perhaps anti-muslim junk, as long as the US$800 are paid on time.
Old 28th June 2011, 10:35 AM   #16
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
I have to question the premise that our support of Isreal was the primary motivation. My understanding is that Bin Laden's biggest beef with the US was the presense of our troops in Saudi Arabia, because he believed that the Arabian Penninsula should be off limits to "infidels".

Also, there is no doubt US support of Israel is a significant cause for anger at the US in the Arab and Muslim worlds, but this is hardly a secret, and I find it highly unlikely that the government would waste a lot of effort in covering up something that is already common knowledge.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2011, 11:32 AM   #17
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Here's something to think about...Some commissioners for the 911 Comission Report have whitsle blowed that the report was a whitewash and that the government told them to lie about it..Inside job right? NO! It was because the government wanted to keep it secret that we were only attacked because of our ties with Israel, and the government wanted to push the lie that it was because of our freedom. The public would have wanted these ties with Isreal severed to prevent another radical muslim attack if they found out the truth about why 911 really happened.. The US will NOT cut those ties with Isreal, so there was a HUGE cover up so people didn't know the truth.
Wrong. In the fatwa against the United States, Osama cited three reasons for hating America:

1. The presence of US troops on Saudi soil.
2. The sanctions against Iraq.
3. US support for Israel.

So your single reason for the attack is only the third reason cited by Osama.

I would also ask you to document your claim that, "commissioners for the 911 Comission Report have whitsle blowed that the report was a whitewash and that the government told them to lie about it."

Last edited by Brainster; 28th June 2011 at 11:33 AM.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2011, 11:37 AM   #18
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

Definitely too long for truthers...after the second sentence, all the would hear is "Waa wa wa waaa wa" like the adults in "peanuts" cartoons.
Old 28th June 2011, 12:00 PM   #19
SkepticOfLies
Scholar

Brainster: Ya you are right, you just have to realize I wrote this for truthers (and they like thinking there is only one option for something lol). I decided I would just skim through information, put out the main points I want them to hear, and put it together in a "conspiracy" type fashion so they might be more inclined to listen.....I guess the length cancels out that logic though. Fail on my part lol

Last edited by SkepticOfLies; 28th June 2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 28th June 2011, 12:17 PM   #20
SkepticOfLies
Scholar

Oystein: And I was unaware that they were not all part of the same organization, I thought they were. Apologies for the "disino" I swear I'm not an agent!!
Old 28th June 2011, 12:36 PM   #21
sheeplesnshills
Illuminator

Quote:
Richard is NOT doing any research, actually.
The rumour is nearly true, but for fiscal year 2009. The 2010 tax report isn't out yet. In 2009, Richard Gage did indeed receive a salary of US$75,450.
You can look it up, it's on public record:
http://www2.guidestar.org/organizati...-11-truth.aspx
You need to sign up there (it's free of charge, and no spam), and go to the Forms 990.
It makes fun reading.........makes it clear that he is making a nice living out of his scam. $75K plus $23K travel costs and there are quite a few other dubious looking "expenses" as well....

$87K for "Production"
$55K for "Operations"

Given the pathetic level of their output its probably a safe assumption most of this went into his pockets as well

It will be interesting to see what 2010 figures are......
sheeplesnshills is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2011, 02:41 PM   #22
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

I also disagree with some of the political statements (ie the war in Iraq is a war crime) but that's best left for another section of the forum.

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2011, 03:39 PM   #23
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Oystein: And I was unaware that they were not all part of the same organization, I thought they were. Apologies for the "disino" I swear I'm not an agent!!
There is no "organization", really. AE911T is a website, and a non-profit chapter. It has a few officers and clerks that do the mail, webhosting, and of course Gage himself. But other than that, it is not an organization. Certainly, the 1500+ "A&E" and 10,000+ "students and supporters" are not "members". They just signed a petition. There are no events, no conferences, no meetings where officials get elected. Etc.

A company with a website and a certain taxation status that pays a salary to its main man. That's all.

Harrit, Jones, Farrer and the other authors of the Bentham paper receive no pay, hold mo position, have no say and do not participate in any company activities. They are just supporters, and AE911T supperts them in words.

Of course you are no agent. If you were, we would have briefed you on the party line a long time ago already. Probably even before 9/11/2001

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories