IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ae911truth , richard gage , wtc 7 , wtc 7 report

Old 17th June 2011, 04:49 AM   #1481
Edx
Philosopher

What about that verinage video? In the end clip they yank out the side of the top part of the building and it doesn't fall off, it goes down.
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2011, 11:29 AM   #1482
A W Smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Edx View Post
What about that verinage video? In the end clip they yank out the side of the top part of the building and it doesn't fall off, it goes down.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Don’t get me lol’n off my chesterfield dude.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2011, 03:23 PM   #1483
chrismohr
Master Poster

CD/Natural Collapse

Originally Posted by A W Smith View Post
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Just looked at the verinage YouTube video above. VERY interesting. It looks like the rest of the building is not weakened much at all, which the CD companies say is safer in earthquake-prone areas. So once they yank part of the building out of the side, the building naturally falls mostly straight down, even with the lateral forces of the wires pulling part of the building sideways!

Do I have this right? Don't want to say anything stupid at this late stage. Monday morning I record the whole Building 7 thing. Wish we could all go out for a drink together when this is all done!
chrismohr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2011, 04:17 PM   #1484
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by chrismohr View Post
Just looked at the verinage YouTube video above. VERY interesting. It looks like the rest of the building is not weakened much at all, which the CD companies say is safer in earthquake-prone areas. So once they yank part of the building out of the side, the building naturally falls mostly straight down, even with the lateral forces of the wires pulling part of the building sideways!
Let me just take the explanation one step closer to the engineering.

The cables pull some vertical parts of the building so that those vertical bits break and/or are pulled out from between the remaining structure. The force applied by the cables is at about 45o to the horizontal therefore about 0.707 of the force applied is horizontal.

That force causes the attached bit of building to break. The sum of those horizontal components for all of the Verinage wires is the only horizontal force applied to the building. It is very small compared to the weight of the whole building or even the weight of only the upper portion of building above the wire rope attachment level. AND it would be resisted by the bits of building not attacked by the Verinage.

No way is the building going anywhere but down.

...Do I have this right?
Yes.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2011, 06:44 PM   #1485
A W Smith
Philosopher

Do I have this right? Don't want to say anything stupid at this late stage. Monday morning I record the whole Building 7 thing. Wish we could all go out for a drink together when this is all done!
You will also notice in that video that it takes only the top three story's to completely destroy the remaining nine, Something that a few (now banned) truthers here claimed was impossible.

http://heiwaco.tripod.com/chall.htm
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Don’t get me lol’n off my chesterfield dude.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2011, 10:00 PM   #1486
chrismohr
Master Poster

BTW with W Smith's post we hit 1500 posts to this thread, equalling the number of Architects and Engineers on Richard Gage's petition!
chrismohr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2011, 01:31 AM   #1487
W.D.Clinger
Philosopher

BTW with W Smith's post we hit 1500 posts to this thread, equalling the number of Architects and Engineers on Richard Gage's petition!
Not all of those posts correspond to a qualified Architect or Engineer, so your comparison is apt.
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2011, 06:40 AM   #1488
chrismohr
Master Poster

Wish me luck gang, I'm off to the video recording session in 2 hours. Thanks again for help in these months of prepping. There will be way more info and fewer errors than I had in the March 6 debate. Chris
Old 20th June 2011, 06:41 AM   #1489
NoahFence
Banned

You're a better man than I, Chris. You have the patience of a saint.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2011, 07:06 AM   #1490
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Sadly, AE911T members don't get sent to AAH, so they're ahead again.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2011, 07:33 AM   #1491
Edx
Philosopher

Wish me luck gang, I'm off to the video recording session in 2 hours. Thanks again for help in these months of prepping. There will be way more info and fewer errors than I had in the March 6 debate. Chris
Since they make such a big deal of the molten metal I really hope you make the point found in this thread:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=210774
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2011, 09:44 AM   #1492
Jono
Master Poster

Here's a few more examples for your curiosa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syzKBBB_THE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woUXqe6Gsqo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04X4fGOh7WA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IU7eUny_5U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJLm5-be4LM
Old 20th June 2011, 04:39 PM   #1493
Justin39640
Illuminator

Have fun storming the castle!
Old 21st June 2011, 07:08 PM   #1494
chrismohr
Master Poster

Recording went well... Tomorrow the editing begins. Sure hope it goes easily! Next week I'll be in San Francisco watching four Wagner operas with Karen. Glad the heavy lifting is behind me!
Old 21st June 2011, 07:38 PM   #1495
NoahFence
Banned

Chris - if you can contact Gage for me, tell him I will do one of two things for him:

(and I'm quite serious)

1) Pay for the remaining monies he needs to complete "Phase 3: AE Experts DVD" - about $1,400 bucks

or

2) Do the editing he needs myself.

Whichever one helps the most I'll do - under one condition:

He needs to prove to me that the explosives could survive the aircraft impacts and subsequent fires, and give me HIS explanation of the entire day's events. Not just WTC 7.

See if he'll bite. If he does, he gets either 1 or 2 above. Simple.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2011, 11:36 PM   #1496
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Recording went well... Tomorrow the editing begins. Sure hope it goes easily! Next week I'll be in San Francisco watching four Wagner operas with Karen. Glad the heavy lifting is behind me!

Spot the cognitive dissonance!

Do you have a schedule when the videos will be out for us to watch?
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2011, 11:46 PM   #1497
Christopher7
Philosopher

Edited by Tricky:  Edited for rule 12.

Last edited by Tricky; 22nd June 2011 at 06:14 AM.
Christopher7 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2011, 04:49 AM   #1498
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post

Spot the cognitive dissonance!

Do you have a schedule when the videos will be out for us to watch?
I assume you mean the one about 9/11, not that of the four Wagner operas.

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2011, 04:58 AM   #1499
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by aggle-rithm View Post
I assume you mean the one about 9/11, not that of the four Wagner operas.
I meant the cognitive dissonance about the 4 Wagner operas being the light lifting, and the videos about 9/11
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2011, 05:48 AM   #1500
chrismohr
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
I meant the cognitive dissonance about the 4 Wagner operas being the light lifting, and the videos about 9/11
At least with the Wagner operas I get to sit and watch others slug it out instead of being in the middle of it myself! I had set a deadline with my college helper of June 27, but he does have over 200 videos and photo clips to insert into 20 separate YouTube videos so we'll see how he does. Sometime this weekend I will try to set up a new thread for feedback on these videos.
Old 22nd June 2011, 06:14 AM   #1501
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

It looks like the rest of the building is not weakened much at all, which the CD companies say is safer in earthquake-prone areas.
If you read the patent it has a number of points truthers plug their ears to. 1. The structure needs no pre-weakening & 2. It is usable for all building designs.
grandmastershek is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2011, 06:26 AM   #1502
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

At least with the Wagner operas I get to sit and watch others slug it out instead of being in the middle of it myself!
I'd much sooner sing a part of a Wagner opera than endure watching 4 of them in a row

I had set a deadline with my college helper of June 27, but he does have over 200 videos and photo clips to insert into 20 separate YouTube videos so we'll see how he does. Sometime this weekend I will try to set up a new thread for feedback on these videos.
Great! Looking forward to it!
Old 28th June 2011, 06:42 AM   #1503
chrismohr
Master Poster

It'll be a few days yet... just saw the first draft of the first hour of rebuttals (the total will be over three hours) and I'm real happy with what my video editor guy is doing. Unlike the original debate, I take my time explaining every point. It won't be for the casual YouTube surfer but it'll explain our points VERY clearly. Surely by July 4 I'll have something out there, and the whole thing not long after that. Hang in there gang, Chris
Old 2nd July 2011, 07:15 AM   #1504
chrismohr
Master Poster

Richard Gage video rebuttals: first three are up

Here's a link to my first YouTube video rebuttal of Gage's Blueprint for Truth. Three of them are up so far and 17 more on their way! This one is a unifying statement directed to people on both sides of the issue. The real content begins in Part One, an explanation of a likely collapse scenario for the WTC 9/11 Twin Towers. Part Two is an independent investigation of Richard Gage's Ten reasons for controlled demolition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC3JgWkNNIQ

Happy viewing,
Chris Mohr
Old 3rd July 2011, 09:29 PM   #1505
chrismohr
Master Poster

I won't be on this thread much any more... this is the thread where we all worked hard to get our facts straight for my twenty YouTube videos, so it may have value for reference... to stay updated on my YouTube rebuttals of Richard Gage's Blueprint for Truth, go to:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...89#post7317389

Thanks to all who helped these past few months,
Chris Mohr

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories