IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags comic strips , nwo kitty , stripgenerator

Old 4th May 2007, 02:31 PM   #361
Pardalis
Banned

Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 02:50 PM   #362
John Blonn
Critical Thinker

John Blonn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 02:50 PM   #363
Pardalis
Banned

Originally Posted by The_Fire View Post
Hm....What about creating a series of characters ourself, from scratch, and re-worke the stuff with our own non-scriptgenerator stuff? I was thinking starting out with an invite-only yahoo-group for filesharing etc.
I think the appeal of this and what makes it so funny is that we all start with the same source, the same material, and work it our own way with sometimes surprising results (just think of Chipmunk's amazing NWO series for example.).

It's the constraint that makes it so fun.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 05:38 PM   #364
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

Undesired Walrus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 05:53 PM   #365
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by John Blonn View Post
That's perfect for our blog post! Can I use it with credit?
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 05:58 PM   #366
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by chran View Post
I can just hear Strong Bad's girly voice as I read Judy's words...
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 06:34 PM   #367
William Rea
Banned

OK, as it seems to no longer considered outside the rules I'll make a contribution.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newbie.jpg (35.0 KB, 212 views)

Last edited by William Rea; 4th May 2007 at 06:45 PM.
William Rea is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 06:47 PM   #368
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Hey, Bill, your attachment doesn't seem to work.

Try pasting the URL from the comic site in as an image. Right click to get the properties of the published image, and then copy the URL.

It should look something like this:

http://static.stripgenerator.com/gen...04/do-over.png
Old 4th May 2007, 07:00 PM   #369
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 07:43 PM   #370
John Blonn
Critical Thinker

Sure, go ahead Brainster, you can put it up!
John Blonn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 07:59 PM   #371
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

OK, I should get into this.

Old 4th May 2007, 08:12 PM   #372
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

This is fun!

Old 4th May 2007, 09:07 PM   #374
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Old 4th May 2007, 10:04 PM   #375
stilicho
Trurl's Electronic Bard

[img=http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6541/drmod01xk1.jpg]

This is the best thread ever. Honest.
stilicho is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 10:08 PM   #376
stilicho
Trurl's Electronic Bard

Ack, I obviously have no idea how to post images here.
stilicho is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2007, 10:15 PM   #377
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Originally Posted by stilicho View Post
[img]url for your image[/img]
Old 4th May 2007, 10:16 PM   #378
Pardalis
Banned

[img=http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6541/drmod01xk1.jpg]

This is the best thread ever. Honest.
There you go Stilicho
Old 4th May 2007, 10:18 PM   #379
stilicho
Trurl's Electronic Bard

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6541/drmod01xk1.jpg
Old 4th May 2007, 10:21 PM   #380
stilicho
Trurl's Electronic Bard

Got it. Now this is a series, I think, so bear with me. Not much Loose Change stuff but plenty of the Master Of Deception--I think.
Old 4th May 2007, 10:21 PM   #381
Pardalis
Banned

It's much easier if you click this icon and paste in your link.
Old 5th May 2007, 12:35 AM   #382
stilicho
Trurl's Electronic Bard

Old 5th May 2007, 12:39 AM   #383
stilicho
Trurl's Electronic Bard

Thank You Pardalis. That's much simpler.

Believe it or not, I am responsible for introducing accountants to new systems, some of which I see about 45 minutes prior to implementation. And I can't even figure out a simple image-to-forum icon... YIPES!!!
Old 5th May 2007, 01:13 AM   #384
qarnos
Cold-hearted skeptic

Shameless plug for my website:
Digging Apollo - Excavating the digital archaeology of the Apollo program.

Last edited by qarnos; 5th May 2007 at 01:16 AM.
qarnos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2007, 01:23 AM   #385
stilicho
Trurl's Electronic Bard

Old 5th May 2007, 03:19 AM   #386
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Has anyone see the strip of opinion man yet? Which post was that?

Did anyone report the post calling people jerks?
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2007, 09:50 AM   #387
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...69#post2126969
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...54#post2275754
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...17#post2273617
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...67#post2010067
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...16#post2134816
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...62#post2462762

Originally Posted by William Rea View Post
Anyway, I thought this thread was about satirical comic strips not a discussion of facts. Am I to believe that if you don't have a JREFodoxTM opinion you are not allowed to make a comic strip?

Satire has a greater effect when it's actually based in reality.

And being funny doesn't hurt, either. Try it some time
Old 5th May 2007, 09:51 AM   #388
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Old 5th May 2007, 10:29 AM   #389
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

im not too good at framign these strips but i think this would be a godo premise for one

Truther: NIST wont release their computer models because they prove them wrong

Debunker: Have you tried asking for them?

Truther: Of course not, they wont release them

Debunker: Im gonna go ask them

Truther: Good luck, LOL

<later>

Debunker: Hey they released those models you wanted

Truther: ....

Debunker: Well?

Truther: Models dont proove anything!
Old 5th May 2007, 10:32 AM   #390
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

-Gumboot

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2007, 10:37 AM   #391
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Old 5th May 2007, 11:13 AM   #392
chillzero
Penultimate Amazing

Mod Warning
I have split out the bickering to AAH. Please remember your Membership Agreement, and the heightened civility rules for this forum in particular.
Responding to this modbox in thread will be off topic Posted By:chillzero
chillzero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2007, 12:07 PM   #393
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
im not too good at framign these strips but i think this would be a godo premise for one

How's that?
Old 5th May 2007, 12:31 PM   #394
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2007, 12:37 PM   #395
Pardalis
Banned

Originally Posted by qarnos View Post
Beautiful.
Old 5th May 2007, 12:57 PM   #396
NBachmann
Banned

Here is my effort.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jref-and-greening.jpg (22.6 KB, 314 views)
NBachmann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2007, 01:24 PM   #397
GwionX
Thinker

GwionX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2007, 01:42 PM   #398
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

Originally Posted by NBachmann View Post
Here is my effort.
Dr. Greening has a bizarre personality, but his dislike of JREF is not pertinent to the validity of his research.
Slayhamlet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2007, 02:22 PM   #399
chran
Muse

chran is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2007, 03:32 PM   #400
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by NBachmann View Post
Here is my effort.

Now that was funny. Welcome!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories