ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Kentucky incidents , mass shootings , school shootings , shooting incidents

Old 5th November 2019, 12:39 AM   #1601
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

Originally Posted by Dr.Sid View Post
I think normal blinking smiling face would work nicely
[pedant]That's winking. It's a winking face[/pedant]
bluesjnr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 12:52 AM   #1602
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by bluesjnr View Post
[pedant]That's winking. It's a winking face[/pedant]
You misspelled your ejaculate in the 2nd sentence.
Old 5th November 2019, 03:09 AM   #1603
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
You misspelled your ejaculate in the 2nd sentence.
No, that would be this one....

bluesjnr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 06:58 AM   #1604
Kestrel
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
I just think if you take out the personal transfer exception to background check laws there will be plenty of FFL holders to make the rent seeking issue pretty nominal. If the local gun shop is charging $50 per transfer some guy will start doing it from his garage for $25. Even if he only does one a month he will have more than paid for the FFL. If he can average one a day it is pretty decent side money. If he can average 10 a day from his garage he can look at getting a small shop expect his neighbor to start doing them for $20.
My state requires background checks by an FFL for private gun sales. The UBC law also regulates the fees charged for this service.
Kestrel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events