ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags anti-Islam incidents , mass shootings , Norway incidents , shooting incidents

Old 16th August 2019, 09:24 AM   #81
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
As opposed to Christianity, where they only preach falsehoods to those over 18, I suppose?

Oh good, you have researched this. What percentage of the surviving female family members had college degrees and jobs, and what percentage were helpless with no driving licenses or bank account info? Thanks in advance for your efforts.
I must remember to sympathise with my female Muslim colleagues about their inability to drive.

Presumably their husbands are actually remotely controlling their cars.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2019, 11:33 AM   #82
sackett
Philosopher

Just to

Originally Posted by Skeptic Tank View Post
That’s awful. Why is there a mosque in Norway?
pizz you off, Scept.

Yes, little you.

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2019, 07:05 PM   #83
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Nobody in this thread has been 'letting Islam off the hook' as far as I can tell...
And it's sad that a disclaimer like this has to be required.

This particular thread is about a white-supremacist shooter who tried to massacre a bunch of people at mosque and was stopped. Objectively here's nothing for Islam to be "let off the hook" about, regarding this incident. There's just some people who cannot let a story about a violent crime, if the perpetrator is a race-motivated white person, get coverage without demanding a half-page footnote that other people who belong to the incident's victim-class have also done bad things sometimes too.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2019, 07:17 PM   #84
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Skeptic Tank View Post
That’s awful. Why is there a mosque in Norway?
Why are there churches in the UAE?
Old 17th August 2019, 11:21 PM   #85
dann
Philosopher

Why are there churches, mosques and synagogues?
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2019, 07:39 AM   #86
Arcade22
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Islam is a disgusting and degenerative religion.
Because it preaches falsehoods to the defenceless, the children. They are blighted and prejudiced for all time.
The women are ignored in the process of empowerment. That is emphasised by the fact that the Christchurch widows could not drive or access the bank accounts.
You know what true degeneracy is? That's somehow pining for the good old days where only Lutherans were allowed in Norway.
Old 21st August 2019, 12:48 AM   #87
Lambchops
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
I'm not sure if you're familiar with Skeptic Tank, but he doesn't really agree all people should have those freedoms. He's leans a bit more towards only white people should have....really any freedoms at all. The rest are just property and problems.
Meanwhile I, a Norwegian, lean towards "People like Skeptic Tank should have no freedoms".

Funny how that works, right?
Old 4th November 2019, 09:13 AM   #88
dann
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
ETA: he apparently killed his 17 year old little sister.

Stepsister, adopted from China. If anybody still doubts that he's a Nazi, his Nazi salute in court today may persuade them that he is.
Norwegian accused of terror: I protect future generations (DR.dk, Nov. 4, 2019)
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 12:23 AM   #89
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dann View Post
Stepsister, adopted from China. If anybody still doubts that he's a Nazi, his Nazi salute in court today may persuade them that he is.
Norwegian accused of terror: I protect future generations (DR.dk, Nov. 4, 2019)

In that pose, he looks somewhat reminiscent of a young Rudolph Hess!

Last edited by smartcooky; 5th November 2019 at 12:29 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 02:34 AM   #90
dann
Philosopher

More so than in this photo from September:

Norway mosque shooter killed teenage sister over her ‘Chinese origin’ (AsiaOne, Sep. 18, 2019)

Except for Hess’ receding hairline.
But he does seem to groom himself to look like a member of the Hitler Youth.

Norway mosque shooter who killed stepsister had racist motive — police (The Times of Israel, Oct. 8, 2019)

Interesting angle of the two headlines: The Israeli one points out his racism, the Chinese one his racism against the Chinese.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events