ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Benghazi , Benghazi attack , Clinton conspiracies , terrorism incidents

Reply
Old 24th August 2017, 06:19 PM   #1961
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,424
Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
With regard to the emails which were the prize for JW's big win, are they proving to be worth much?
the fact that the Judge found that the State Department failed to search for and turn over documents is in and of itself a significant victory for government transparency advocates.

The documents will be produced and their substance will be scrutinized and I am sure JW will make them available for the public and prosecutors.
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2017, 06:38 PM   #1962
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 23,794
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
the fact that the Judge found that the State Department failed to search for and turn over documents is in and of itself a significant victory for government transparency advocates.
"In and of itself" suggests that you know there's nothing actually in there. What, after all, might there be? Share your wildest dreams.
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2017, 06:51 PM   #1963
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,424
Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
"In and of itself" suggests that you know there's nothing actually in there. What, after all, might there be? Share your wildest dreams.
"Know"

I just explained that the documents have not been released yet.

What I do know is that we know that the Obama administration intentionally lied about the nature of the attack for political reasons despite knowing it was false.

Will these emails shed more light on light on that fact? Time will tell.
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2017, 07:30 PM   #1964
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,424
Court rules on the fact that the state department is continuing to withhold documents a couple of weeks ago, and rather address that new order, people ask the thread to be moved to "history."

Although BIRS? That is clever! How do people come up with funny, funny stuff like that.

Solid gold.

Lol
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2017, 09:48 PM   #1965
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 14,901
Hillary Clinton appears to have been chosen by the Republicans as their version of Emmanuel Goldstein in Orwell's 1984. The key target of the daily "Two Minute Hate." The distraction used to prevent the population from seeing the evil that the Party is doing to them. The bogey women to trot out over and over again to frighten the citizens into uniting behind Big Brother.

It angers me that the Republican Party leadership has chosen to use such a cynical strategy, but I feel truly sorry for their followers who have bought into it. I wonder how many more times can the Repulican leaders pull out the same old tattered Clinton doll and use it to work their followers into a frothy, irrational, fevered pitch? "See, it's Clinton! Emails! Benghazi! Bill's cigar! Lock her up! No, don't look at what we're doing... Look back here. Benghazi! Emails!"

How much longer will these people remain willing to be manipulated in such a transparent manner?

And to repeat my point from up thread: I am not suggesting that Clinton has lead a blameless life or represents our most ethical politician. But come on! She is out of office and certainly will stay that way. Her worse sin in the Benghazi episode is hardly likely to prove anymore than embarrassing to her. Isn't the Republican membership getting bored with this, and/or wising up to how it is being used to manipulate them?

Last edited by Giordano; 24th August 2017 at 09:59 PM.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2017, 11:58 PM   #1966
The Don
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sir Fynwy
Posts: 25,269
Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
Hillary Clinton appears to have been chosen by the Republicans as their version of Emmanuel Goldstein in Orwell's 1984. The key target of the daily "Two Minute Hate." The distraction used to prevent the population from seeing the evil that the Party is doing to them. The bogey women to trot out over and over again to frighten the citizens into uniting behind Big Brother.

It angers me that the Republican Party leadership has chosen to use such a cynical strategy, but I feel truly sorry for their followers who have bought into it. I wonder how many more times can the Repulican leaders pull out the same old tattered Clinton doll and use it to work their followers into a frothy, irrational, fevered pitch? "See, it's Clinton! Emails! Benghazi! Bill's cigar! Lock her up! No, don't look at what we're doing... Look back here. Benghazi! Emails!"

How much longer will these people remain willing to be manipulated in such a transparent manner?

And to repeat my point from up thread: I am not suggesting that Clinton has lead a blameless life or represents our most ethical politician. But come on! She is out of office and certainly will stay that way. Her worse sin in the Benghazi episode is hardly likely to prove anymore than embarrassing to her. Isn't the Republican membership getting bored with this, and/or wising up to how it is being used to manipulate them?
Re: the highlighted...

Indefinitely, or at least until a new bogeyman/bogeywoman is found. The "red peril" lasted decades, there's no reason why Hillary Clinton cannot be used as a hate figure long after her death.

People like a hero and a heel. Pro wrestling and soap operas understand this...
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2017, 06:12 AM   #1967
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,424
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Re: the highlighted...

Indefinitely, or at least until a new bogeyman/bogeywoman is found. The "red peril" lasted decades, there's no reason why Hillary Clinton cannot be used as a hate figure long after her death.

People like a hero and a heel. Pro wrestling and soap operas understand this...
The Judge that entered the order this month was appointed by Bill Clinton.

And while I am CERTAIN that people are impressed with the "Leave Hillary Alone" argument, I am equally certain that the Judge entered the order giving it all due consideration.

All due consideration.

Did any of our recent correspondents actually read the Order?
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2017, 10:03 AM   #1968
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 14,901
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
The Judge that entered the order this month was appointed by Bill Clinton.

And while I am CERTAIN that people are impressed with the "Leave Hillary Alone" argument, I am equally certain that the Judge entered the order giving it all due consideration.

All due consideration.

Did any of our recent correspondents actually read the Order?

With all due respect, I find myself wondering if you did. Because the most notable aspect of the court order is that it never states or even implies that that there is any reason to believe Clinton guilty of a crime. Instead the judge states in the Introduction that: "Although this matter began with much fanfare, the only remaining dispute is whether Defendant Department of State (“State”) conducted an adequate search for records responsive to Plaintiff Judicial Watch, Inc.’s FOIA request," and in the Discussion "The sole remaining dispute in this case is the adequacy of State’s search for responsive records." [emphasis mine].

If you suspect that I am quoting selectively then just read the entire 10 page document yourself.
https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin...?2015cv0692-48
Nowhere is there any suggestion that there might be any evidence of wrong-doing in the emaiis. The judge does not order the extension of the State Department's search due to a suspicion of wrong doing. The order is not a search warrant! Instead the judge's order focuses exclusively on the single, technical question of if the prior responses of the State Department to Judicial Watch's request, which were extensive, nonetheless fully met FOIA standards.

To quote the judge: "Because Secretary Clinton used a personal e-mail server for work-related communications, Plaintiff’s request caused State to look beyond its own e-mail servers for responsive records. State searched three external sources: (1)acache of approximately 30,000 e-mails turned over to State by Secretary Clinton; (2) documents produced by three of her top aides—Huma Abedin, former Deputy Chief of Staff; Cheryl Mills, former Chief of Staff; and Jacob Sullivan, former Director of Policy Planning; and (3) the collection of e-mails recovered by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (“FBI”) during its investigation of Secretary Clinton’s use of a personal e-mail server.

"Plaintiff asserts that State’s search was deficient in two respects. First, Plaintiff contends that State should have searched the official “state.gov” e-mail accounts of Abedin, Mills, and Sullivan to identify responsive records. Second, Plaintiff maintains that State also was required to search e-mails that the FBI discovered in the fall of 2016 during an unrelated investigation of Abedin’s husband, Anthony Weiner."

Based solely on this question (should the State have also have searched these additional accounts to fulfill the FOIA requirements) the judge decided that "State’s search was inadequate insofar as it did not search the official state.gov e- mail accounts of Secretary Clinton’s three aides, and orders State to conduct a supplemental search of those accounts. With respect to the e-mails more recently discovered by the FBI, State has agreed to search those records in another case pending in this District; therefore, the court will defer its ruling as to Plaintiff’s second challenge until State’s search of those records is complete."

The judge's order was exclusively based on a determination of if, to meet the formal requiremtrents of the FOIA, the State Department's already extensive searches needed to be extended to yet several additional accounts. It was not a determination that new information of any kind would be generated, let alone incriminating information. In fact the judge also wrote:

"Admittedly, in light of State’s efforts to date, there is a reasonable probability that the only responsive e-mails stored on State’s server are duplicates of e-mails originating from the three outside sources and, thus, have already been produced to Plaintiff. State is under no obligation to produce duplicates, and Plaintiff does not contend otherwise. "

It is amazing how the right wing is presenting this judgement as some sort of evidence of wrongdoing by Clinton. The Judge's order has nothing to do with wrongdoing- it exclusively focuses only on the question of if several additional, likely duplicative accounts also need to be searched in response to the FOIA.

Last edited by Giordano; 25th August 2017 at 10:06 AM.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2017, 10:07 AM   #1969
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing
 
varwoche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 11,710
Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
<snip for brevity>
Outstanding post, thanks.
__________________
To survive election season on a skeptics forum, one must understand Hymie-the-Robot.
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2017, 10:19 AM   #1970
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,424
Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
With all due respect, I find myself wondering if you did. Because the most notable aspect of the court order is that it never states or even implies that that there is any reason to believe Clinton guilty of a crime. .
Spit take....

Folks you will never see a strawman/red herring argument so blatant in your lives.

The suggestion that the court overseeing the State Department's FOIA noncompliance would comment on whether or not Clinton committed a crime is so utterly amazingly specious that it is an absolute insult to our intelligence.

In fact, the above quoted sentence should for all times be appended to the dictionary definition of specious because one shall never see it exceeded.
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti

Last edited by The Big Dog; 25th August 2017 at 10:29 AM.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2017, 01:26 PM   #1971
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 14,901
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Spit take....

Folks you will never see a strawman/red herring argument so blatant in your lives.

The suggestion that the court overseeing the State Department's FOIA noncompliance would comment on whether or not Clinton committed a crime is so utterly amazingly specious that it is an absolute insult to our intelligence.

In fact, the above quoted sentence should for all times be appended to the dictionary definition of specious because one shall never see it exceeded.
It is nice that I stand out so much in your viewpoint, but I suspect that you must have had a sequestered life and your analysis of my post is just a little over the top. Here, allow me to explain:

1. Everything I posted was absolutely accurate and completely, fully and authentically reflected the entirety of the judge's decision. This of course includes the sentence you thoughtfully cited and bolded.

2. In contrast more than once you trotted out the judge's court order in support of your argument that the State Department is engaged in a intentional coverup and to imply that the court had advanced some indication of Clinton's culpability. But neither of these is true of the actual court order, which does not address either point in any way.

3. Therefore the court order you and the right have gloated over turns out to present no evidence, no speculation, and no hint of Clinton having committed a crime, a nasty (but legal) deed, an embarrassing faux-pas, an ineptitude, or even a tiny error. Not only is it exclusively focused on the technical question of what is appropriate for fulfilling an FOIA, it actually states that it is unlikely that any new emails will be identified in the wider search now mandated.

4. I never claimed, implied, or suggested that the court order was evidence of Clinton’s innocence. My post was entirely that the court order was not akin to a search warrant as many on the right have implied. It did not even accuse the State Department of having any improper motive in not previously releasing the remaining emails. The order was just a run of the mill adjudication of the statutory limits of FOIA requests.

I've achieved my only goal: the exact significance and implications of the judge's order have been clarified for the forum.

I must go for now but will return.

Oh, BTW, I've never heard a "spit take" before, ISF is educational!

Last edited by Giordano; 25th August 2017 at 01:35 PM.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2017, 01:47 PM   #1972
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,424
Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
1. Everything I posted was absolutely accurate and completely, fully and authentically reflected the entirety of the judge's decision. This of course includes the sentence you thoughtfully cited and bolded.
well golly, when you put it that way, it also is truthful and factual absolutely accurate and completely true that the judge made no comment whatsoever on the fact that Huma Abedin's husband is the king of sexting, and that Bill Clinton stained Ms. Lewinsky's dress.

Oh ho! You retort, but that wasn't the issue or even before the Judge, you reply. EXACTLY. And the suggestion that the judge's silence on an issue that was not before him is noteworthy let alone meaningful is absolutely frivolous.

Your "goal' as it were was to create a strawman and "knock it down."

Although I have long been beguiled by the argument that Clinton did not create a crime, because I can flat out think of no bar that could possible be set lower. Sure she was an unelectable, incompetent, lying fraud, but not an actual felon!

High praise indeed.
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2017, 03:12 PM   #1973
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 14,901
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
well golly, when you put it that way, it also is truthful and factual absolutely accurate and completely true that the judge made no comment whatsoever on the fact that Huma Abedin's husband is the king of sexting, and that Bill Clinton stained Ms. Lewinsky's dress.

Oh ho! You retort, but that wasn't the issue or even before the Judge, you reply. EXACTLY. And the suggestion that the judge's silence on an issue that was not before him is noteworthy let alone meaningful is absolutely frivolous.

Your "goal' as it were was to create a strawman and "knock it down."

Although I have long been beguiled by the argument that Clinton did not create a crime, because I can flat out think of no bar that could possible be set lower. Sure she was an unelectable, incompetent, lying fraud, but not an actual felon!

High praise indeed.
Once again I failed to adequately communicate to you my central point. Oddly my point is something that we absolutely agree on: the judge was silent as to Clinton's guilt or innocence. His order had nothing to do with her guilt or innocence or the judge's opinion of her guilt or innocence.Therefore anyone interpreting or referencing this court order as suggestive of her culpability (or absence of same) would be wrong.

Further, we agree (I trust) that his order was silent on whether the State Department had any nefarious motive in not releasing the requested emails. In this regard I will note his observation that in addition to its own emails "State searched three external sources: (1)acache of approximately 30,000 e-mails turned over to State by Secretary Clinton; (2) documents produced by three of her top aides—Huma Abedin, former Deputy Chief of Staff; Cheryl Mills, former Chief of Staff; and Jacob Sullivan, former Director of Policy Planning; and (3) the collection of e-mails recovered by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (“FBI”) during its investigation of Secretary Clinton’s use of a personal e-mail server, " and State has agreed to search and reelease "e-mails that the FBI discovered in the fall of 2016 during an unrelated investigation of Abedin’s husband, Anthony Weiner." He also noted that "Admittedly, in light of State’s efforts to date, there is a reasonable probability that the only responsive e-mails stored on State’s server are duplicates of e-mails originating from the three outside sources and, thus, have already been produced to Plaintiff." I interpret this list of what the State Department has already done as indicative of a fairly extensive prior response by the State Department to previous requests for Clinton's emails. I also interpret this as indicating you will likely be very disappointed by the release of the additional emails.

But indeed the judge neither suggested State participated in a cover up nor absolved them of the same.

How nice- we agree on these points after all.

Last edited by Giordano; 25th August 2017 at 03:24 PM.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2017, 03:13 PM   #1974
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 14,901
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
"Know"

I just explained that the documents have not been released yet.

What I do know is that we know that the Obama administration intentionally lied about the nature of the attack for political reasons despite knowing it was false.

Will these emails shed more light on light on that fact? Time will tell.
And how do you know that?
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2017, 04:04 PM   #1975
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,424
Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
And how do you know that?
because I have read the Rhodes memo and the CIA/COD/FBI docs directly contradicting it, obviously
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2017, 05:03 PM   #1976
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing
 
PhantomWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,655
I am sure that there is enough in there to impeach President Clinton and get her out of office.... oh, wait...
__________________

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2017, 05:40 PM   #1977
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
"Know"

I just explained that the documents have not been released yet.

What I do know is that we know that the Obama administration intentionally lied about the nature of the attack for political reasons despite knowing it was false.

Will these emails shed more light on light on that fact? Time will tell.
Too bad your savior has us in a world where such a "lie" is so trivial.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2017, 08:35 PM   #1978
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,424
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Too bad your savior has us in a world where such a "lie" is so trivial.
my savior? i am a bit confused. because what you just posted has zero to do with anything.
Edited by jsfisher:  ...snip... Edited for compliance with Rule 12 of the Membership Agreement.
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti

Last edited by jsfisher; 26th August 2017 at 02:50 PM.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2017, 09:00 PM   #1979
snoop_doxie
Graduate Poster
 
snoop_doxie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In my reality tunnel
Posts: 1,476
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Too bad your savior has us in a world where such a "lie" is so trivial.
It's almost quaint.

The desperation to change the subject to anything besides the clown
and **** show in the White House has gone from the ridiculous to
the sublime.

Within an hour switch again.

Trying to wring something out of Benghazi now is SAD!

Meanwhile, Mueller is sending out subpoenas, for an ongoing current investigation.

__________________
Formerly known as member wicked_ways
snoop_doxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2017, 06:50 PM   #1980
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher
 
TheL8Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,169
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
The Judge that entered the order this month was appointed by Bill Clinton.
Why is who appointed the judge relevant ?
__________________
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2017, 09:22 PM   #1981
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,424
Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis View Post
Why is who appointed the judge relevant ?
I'll let you noodle that out for yourself
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2017, 11:48 PM   #1982
quadraginta
Becoming Beth
 
quadraginta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central Vale of Humility
Posts: 22,539
Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis View Post
Why is who appointed the judge relevant ?

He hates the Clintons for dumping the job on him?

Can't expect him to be impartial after being treated like that.
__________________
"It never does just what I want, but only what I tell it."
"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

Last edited by quadraginta; 26th August 2017 at 11:50 PM.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2017, 11:09 AM   #1983
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher
 
TheL8Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,169
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I'll let you noodle that out for yourself
Yeah, just wanted to confirm that, as usual, you don't have anything but innuendo and ********. Color me surprised.
__________________
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2017, 12:02 PM   #1984
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,424
Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis View Post
Yeah, just wanted to confirm that, as usual, you don't have anything but innuendo and ********. Color me surprised.
I'm surprised that you could not come up with a single reason why it might be relevant.

hint: read the posts to which i was replying.
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2017, 01:04 PM   #1985
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,424
Special Forces Capture Benghazi Terrorist

The wheels of justice grind slowly, but very finely, the United States has captured Mustafa al-Imam for his alleged role in Benghazi attacks. He was captured yesterday.

here is a link to the White House release regarding the news:

One More Benghazi terrorist down.

/when i first saw the headline, i thought what were special forces doing in Winnetka today??
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti

Last edited by The Big Dog; 30th October 2017 at 01:07 PM.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2017, 07:46 PM   #1986
davefoc
Philosopher
 
davefoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: orange country, california
Posts: 9,402
Have you spent any time wondering why you're doing this The Big Dog?

What do you think is the end result of this campaign against Clinton? Putting the worst face possible on it she made a mistake and four people were killed and she didn't cop to as much blame as you think she should have. Was she the first US government official to make a mistake that led to the death of other Americans? Do you think in some way she had control of the US military or the CIA and she prevented them from acting for some unknown reason?

Are you sure you might not have made a mistake similar to the mistake you think Clinton made?

In your mind did Clinton commit a crime here because she was on the take or somehow saw a possible benefit to herself?

How does the crime that you think Clinton committed here compare to the Bush administration turning the second Iraq war into a giant pork feast for the benefit of their cronies? Do you suppose a few Americans died because the Bush administration was using the occupation as an opportunity to line the pockets of their cronies? Where is a similar intent here on the part of Clinton?

This thread has gone on forever and the only thing I know for sure is that you don't like Clinton.
__________________
The way of truth is along the path of intellectual sincerity. -- Henry S. Pritchett

Perfection is the enemy of good enough -- Russian proverb
davefoc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2017, 03:15 AM   #1987
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing
 
uke2se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,160
Originally Posted by davefoc View Post
Have you spent any time wondering why you're doing this The Big Dog?

What do you think is the end result of this campaign against Clinton? Putting the worst face possible on it she made a mistake and four people were killed and she didn't cop to as much blame as you think she should have. Was she the first US government official to make a mistake that led to the death of other Americans? Do you think in some way she had control of the US military or the CIA and she prevented them from acting for some unknown reason?

Are you sure you might not have made a mistake similar to the mistake you think Clinton made?

In your mind did Clinton commit a crime here because she was on the take or somehow saw a possible benefit to herself?

How does the crime that you think Clinton committed here compare to the Bush administration turning the second Iraq war into a giant pork feast for the benefit of their cronies? Do you suppose a few Americans died because the Bush administration was using the occupation as an opportunity to line the pockets of their cronies? Where is a similar intent here on the part of Clinton?

This thread has gone on forever and the only thing I know for sure is that you don't like Clinton.
It's clear what he's doing. Right now he's attempting to deflect from 3 Trump minions being indicted, one copping to charges of lying to the FBI about colluding with Russia.

Previously, this thread has been about sowing doubt and mistrust towards Hillary Clinton in line with the overall fight against reality the seedier portions of the GOP have been fighting for years, all for partisan reasons.
__________________
Before you say something stupid about climate change, check this list.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2017, 04:17 AM   #1988
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing
 
Meadmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 18,349
Or, maybe, just maybe, he's relating current events, a new development that appeared in yesterday's news, to a thread on the same subject.


I know it's a bit of a stretch, but it's a possibility.
Meadmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2017, 04:54 AM   #1989
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing
 
uke2se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,160
Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
Or, maybe, just maybe, he's relating current events, a new development that appeared in yesterday's news, to a thread on the same subject.


I know it's a bit of a stretch, but it's a possibility.
Body of work.
__________________
Before you say something stupid about climate change, check this list.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2017, 04:59 AM   #1990
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 75,866
Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
Or, maybe, just maybe, he's relating current events, a new development that appeared in yesterday's news, to a thread on the same subject.


I know it's a bit of a stretch, but it's a possibility.
Unlikely: Body of work.


ETA: Huh. Great minds think alike.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2017, 05:23 AM   #1991
C_Felix
Master Poster
 
C_Felix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Just outside Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,902
Originally Posted by davefoc View Post
Have you spent any time wondering why you're doing this The Big Dog?

What do you think is the end result of this campaign against Clinton? Putting the worst face possible on it she made a mistake and four people were killed and she didn't cop to as much blame as you think she should have. Was she the first US government official to make a mistake that led to the death of other Americans? Do you think in some way she had control of the US military or the CIA and she prevented them from acting for some unknown reason?

Are you sure you might not have made a mistake similar to the mistake you think Clinton made?

In your mind did Clinton commit a crime here because she was on the take or somehow saw a possible benefit to herself?

How does the crime that you think Clinton committed here compare to the Bush administration turning the second Iraq war into a giant pork feast for the benefit of their cronies? Do you suppose a few Americans died because the Bush administration was using the occupation as an opportunity to line the pockets of their cronies? Where is a similar intent here on the part of Clinton?

This thread has gone on forever and the only thing I know for sure is that you don't like Clinton.
You forgot her e-mails.
__________________
Eqinsu Ocha!
Eqinsu Ocha!
C_Felix is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2017, 06:19 AM   #1992
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,424
Good to see so many people interested in yesterday's announcement regarding the arrest of Benghazi terrorist Mustafa al-Imam.

I am working on an update!
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2017, 06:30 AM   #1993
Thermal
Illuminator
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: NJ USA. We Don't Like You Either
Posts: 4,999
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Good to see so many people interested in yesterday's announcement regarding the arrest of Benghazi terrorist Mustafa al-Imam.

I am working on an update!
Hey, it's great to see the follow-through in bringing the terrorists to justice. As the Press Secretary said in the article, 'our memory is deep and our reach is long'.

But perhaps throwing the jab at Secretary Clinton was unnecessary and irrelevant enough to distract from the more significant arrest news?
__________________
I am looking for other websites; you suck. -banned buttercake aficionado yuno44907
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2017, 06:30 AM   #1994
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2017, 07:54 AM   #1995
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,424
"The team of commandos — members of the Navy SEAL team 6 and the F.B.I.’s Hostage Rescue Team — surprised Mr. Imam, several officials said."

Interesting detail.

Also interesting is the fact that they are trying the Benghazi terrorists in civilian court and not military court in say Gitmo.
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:04 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.