ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Benghazi , Benghazi attack , Clinton conspiracies , terrorism incidents

Reply
Old 1st October 2015, 06:31 PM   #321
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!
 
Mike!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Posts: 29,908
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
Probably got too excited about the damage bonus to Hillary... this stuff started in 2012 on a year that Hillary didn't even run for POTUS, but as they say in politics, never let a good crisis go to waste and I say, never pass up a good zinger. The more I watch Hillary and these folks spin their wheels - I can't decide if I should be entertained, or sickened. McCarthy just reminds me of how senile politics is
Who says you can't be both? Ever rode one of those spinney things at an amusement park?
__________________
"Never judge a man until you’ve walked a mile in his shoes...
Because then it won't really matter, you’ll be a mile away and have his shoes."
Mike! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2015, 07:06 PM   #322
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ
 
Grizzly Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,792
Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Who says you can't be both? Ever rode one of those spinney things at an amusement park?
Touché sir, touché
__________________
Grizzly Bear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2015, 08:17 PM   #323
Olowkow
Philosopher
 
Olowkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,230
Originally Posted by Dog Town View Post
Do you bother to read for comprehension, or do you just reply? Sheesh...
Both actually. I may be mistaken, but I understood that you meant that although you would like to see McCarthy jailed, you believe it will never happen. Apologies if I misinterpreted your meaning. The punctuation and grammar are a bit in need of repair.

Quote:
While I would never mind watching scum of his ilk be jailed! It ain't ever going to happen...
He seems to have knowledge of a criminal conspiracy from what he said, using the pronoun "we". Of course he could be lying, hard to tell with these creeps. I believe that if he can be shown to be complicit as majority leader in any sort of plot to abet the creation of a committee and spending a large sum of money for the purpose of discrediting a political foe, he could be prosecuted and jailed.
Olowkow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2015, 08:54 PM   #324
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,451
Originally Posted by Olowkow View Post
Both actually. I may be mistaken, but I understood that you meant that although you would like to see McCarthy jailed, you believe it will never happen. Apologies if I misinterpreted your meaning. The punctuation and grammar are a bit in need of repair.



He seems to have knowledge of a criminal conspiracy from what he said, using the pronoun "we". Of course he could be lying, hard to tell with these creeps. I believe that if he can be shown to be complicit as majority leader in any sort of plot to abet the creation of a committee and spending a large sum of money for the purpose of discrediting a political foe, he could be prosecuted and jailed.
Bro, your fundamental misunderstanding of the constitution is actually detracting from the utility of the site.

I asked you to look up the speech and debate clause, you failed to do it, and are now spreading grossly, embarrassingly erroneous information. Everything you have said in this thread is utterly wrong, and even assuming that McCarthy did something wrong, he is immune from prosecution.

Jesus Christ. Your argument is spectacularly incompetent. Please stop.
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2015, 08:58 PM   #325
Olowkow
Philosopher
 
Olowkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,230
Touchy! Hmm.
Olowkow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2015, 09:04 PM   #326
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,451
Originally Posted by Olowkow View Post
Touchy! Hmm.
Yeah, I am kind of a bear when people say something so incredibly wrong about basic issues, particularly after I already explained it.
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2015, 09:05 PM   #327
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
Nobody gives a crap about Benghazi! The dead Americans are goddamn PROPS.

Well done, conservitards!
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2015, 09:10 PM   #328
Olowkow
Philosopher
 
Olowkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,230
http://articles.latimes.com/1994-10-...-s-judge-rules

Quote:
U.S. District Judge Norma Holloway Johnson turned aside defense arguments that the government's case was an unprecedented intrusion on Congress' constitutional authority to police its own rules. Also rejected was the claim that Rostenkowski was improperly being prosecuted for official legislative acts protected by the Constitution.
Olowkow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2015, 09:13 PM   #329
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,451
Originally Posted by Olowkow View Post
Face palm.
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2015, 09:15 PM   #330
Dog Town
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,862
Originally Posted by Olowkow View Post
I believe that if he can be shown to be complicit as majority leader in any sort of plot to abet the creation of a committee and spending a large sum of money for the purpose of discrediting a political foe, he could be prosecuted and jailed.
Quote:
The punctuation and grammar are a bit in need of repair.
Yep!
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 07:51 AM   #331
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing
 
varwoche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 11,718
Pardon me for not catching up before posting... Is it safe to assume that the posts that have occurred since McCarthy's 'data breach' consist of thread post mortem and maybe a friendly little wrap-up gathering?
__________________
To survive election season on a skeptics forum, one must understand Hymie-the-Robot.
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 09:36 AM   #332
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,451
McCarthy walks back his comments:

Quote:
On Thursday, McCarthy, the current House majority leader, said on Fox News that he had unintentionally misstated his position.

"This committee was set up for one sole purpose, to find the truth on behalf of families for four dead Americans," McCarthy told Bret Baier. "Now, I did not imply in any way that that work is political, of course it is not. Look at the way they have carried themselves out."

RELATED: Boehner defends Benghazi panel

He added: "That committee is solely to get the truth out, but it happened within the truth you found out about a server," a reference to the private email server Clinton has admitted she maintained while secretary of state. "This committee's sole purpose is to find the truth why four Americans were killed that night, and that is the work they have done, that is the hearings they have done, they have been applauded on all sides of the aisle, so it was never my intention to say that."
While his comments have been unanimously repudiated by the GOP and the actual GOP members of the Committee, it is indeed unfortunate that his comments have been exploited by Democrats looking to derail the entire investigation.
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti

Last edited by The Big Dog; 2nd October 2015 at 09:49 AM. Reason: added "GOP" before members
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 09:40 AM   #333
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 6,514
Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
McCarthy walks back his comments:



While his comments have been unanimously repudiated by the GOP and the actual members of the Committee, it is indeed unfortunate that his comments have been exploited by Democrats looking to derail the entire investigation.
I've posted quotes by 2 members of the Committee that did not repudiate McCarthy.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 09:46 AM   #334
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,451
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
I've posted quotes by 2 members of the Committee that did not repudiate McCarthy.
I've looked for them... a little help please?
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 09:49 AM   #335
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing
 
thaiboxerken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,479
It doesn't matter if the rest of the republicans repudiated him. The Republicans are just telling lies to try and trick people into thinking that these Benghazi investigations are more than just a political witch-hunt.
__________________
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 09:53 AM   #336
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,451
Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
It doesn't matter if the rest of the republicans repudiated him. The Republicans are just telling lies to try and trick people into thinking that these Benghazi investigations are more than just a political witch-hunt.
Kinda like how you lied when you said that I was ignoring McCarthy's comments?

'k.
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 09:54 AM   #337
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 6,514
Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
I've looked for them... a little help please?
Do the names Adam Schiff and Elijah Cummings ring a bell?
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 09:56 AM   #338
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing
 
thaiboxerken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,479
Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
Kinda like how you lied when you said that I was ignoring McCarthy's comments?

'k.
Oh, it won't take much longer and the conservatives will be quiet about it.
__________________
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 10:02 AM   #339
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,451
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
Do the names Adam Schiff and Elijah Cummings ring a bell?
Or for ***** sake.... I assumed that from the Context it would be utterly obvious to anyone that I was referring to the GOP members of the Committee, particularly as I have already pointed out time and time again that Schiff and Elija are partisan hacks carrying water for the Clinton Campaign and in fact were two of the people that I had in mind when I wrote:

"it is indeed unfortunate that his comments have been exploited by Democrats looking to derail the entire investigation."

Of course, I forget that this is the cherry-pickingest place on the internet, so I previously edited my statement to state:

Quote:
While his comments have been unanimously repudiated by the GOP and the actual GOP members of the Committee, it is indeed unfortunate that his comments have been exploited by Democrats looking to derail the entire investigation.
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 10:03 AM   #340
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,451
Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
Oh, it won't take much longer and the conservatives will be quiet about it.
I expect tho that the Democrats will continue to base partisan attacks on this stupid statement well into the future....
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 10:21 AM   #341
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 6,514
Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
Or for ***** sake.... I assumed that from the Context it would be utterly obvious to anyone that I was referring to the GOP members of the Committee, particularly as I have already pointed out time and time again that Schiff and Elija are partisan hacks carrying water for the Clinton Campaign and in fact were two of the people that I had in mind when I wrote:

"it is indeed unfortunate that his comments have been exploited by Democrats looking to derail the entire investigation."

Of course, I forget that this is the cherry-pickingest place on the internet, so I previously edited my statement to state:
Thank you for admitting that the Benghazi Committee did not unanimously repudiate McCarthy's statements, as you originally claimed.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 10:23 AM   #342
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing
 
thaiboxerken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,479
Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
I expect tho that the Democrats will continue to base partisan attacks on this stupid statement well into the future....
It's only stupid because it is true.
__________________
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 10:46 AM   #343
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,451
Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
It's only stupid because it is true.
It is true that Hillary's poll numbers are falling because of the disclosures in the Benghazi investigation?

If you say so, who am i to argue?
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 11:03 AM   #344
sunmaster14
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 10,017
The Benghazi select committee was organized in order to get to a lot of the facts of the event that have been kept under wraps by the administration. The committee's investigation has proven that many of these facts were indeed withheld from the public and from previous investigations. In that respect it has been a success. That Hillary Clinton's reputation has been tarnished by the uncovering of those facts is just gravy.

It's amazing to me that the media is making an issue out of McCarthy's remarks, but, then again, most journalists are just Democratic operatives with bylines.
sunmaster14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 11:09 AM   #345
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
Originally Posted by sunmaster14 View Post
The Benghazi select committee was organized in order to get to a lot of the facts of the event that have been kept under wraps by the administration. The committee's investigation has proven that many of these facts were indeed withheld from the public and from previous investigations. In that respect it has been a success. That Hillary Clinton's reputation has been tarnished by the uncovering of those facts is just gravy.

It's amazing to me that the media is making an issue out of McCarthy's remarks, but, then again, most journalists are just Democratic operatives with bylines.
Other way around kiddo.

#1 Objective is to destroy Hilliary. Anything beyond that is the bonus.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 12:25 PM   #346
sunmaster14
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 10,017
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Other way around kiddo.

#1 Objective is to destroy Hilliary. Anything beyond that is the bonus.
I would have thought taking Obama down a notch would have been higher priority than Hillary. Hillary probably wouldn't do nearly as much damage to our country than Obama has.

Hillary was eminently beatable anyway. If you take her down before she's even nominated, that really doesn't help.
sunmaster14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 12:35 PM   #347
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,451
Originally Posted by sunmaster14 View Post
I would have thought taking Obama down a notch would have been higher priority than Hillary. Hillary probably wouldn't do nearly as much damage to our country than Obama has.

Hillary was eminently beatable anyway. If you take her down before she's even nominated, that really doesn't help.
Hell the whole reason they came up with that silly video story in the first place was to help Barry get re-elected while trying to cover up the fact that Libya was going to hell in a handbasket.

Hell the whole reason that the Select Committee was set up was because the Obama Administration intentionally withheld evidence for crass politically partisan reasons. case in point:

The Rhodes email was sent on sent on Friday, September 14, 2012, at 8:09 p.m. with the subject line: “RE: PREP CALL with Susan, Saturday at 4:00 pm ET.” The documents show that the “prep” was for Amb. Rice’s Sunday news show appearances to discuss the Benghazi attack.

The document lists as a “Goal”: “To underscore that these protests are rooted in and Internet video, and not a broader failure or policy.”
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 01:34 PM   #348
gregthehammer
Muse
 
gregthehammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 542
I can save the committee time in their search for the reasons that 4 people in Benghazi were killed that fateful day: wrong place, wrong time.
Kinda like the 9 that were just killed in Oregon. (will we have years of congressional inquiry regarding their deaths?)
gregthehammer is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 01:42 PM   #349
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,451
Originally Posted by gregthehammer View Post
I can save the committee time in their search for the reasons that 4 people in Benghazi were killed that fateful day: wrong place, wrong time.
The "wrong place" is an actual issue, and one that the Committee is trying to get to the bottom of.

As in: why in the hell was there a diplomatic facility and a CIA facility in Benghazi that were woefully unprotected on the anniversary of 9/11?

Thanks for "issue spotting"!
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 02:18 PM   #350
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 6,514
Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
The "wrong place" is an actual issue, and one that the Committee is trying to get to the bottom of.

As in: why in the hell was there a diplomatic facility and a CIA facility in Benghazi that were woefully unprotected on the anniversary of 9/11?

Thanks for "issue spotting"!
I'm pretty sure they were woefully unprotected because Congress didn't provide the funds for security. Huh, that didn't take 515 days and millions of dollars to figure out, though. I wonder how much security we could have bought with the 4.5 million the Republicans have wasted so far?
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 02:26 PM   #351
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,451
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
I'm pretty sure they were woefully unprotected because Congress didn't provide the funds for security. Huh, that didn't take 515 days and millions of dollars to figure out, though. I wonder how much security we could have bought with the 4.5 million the Republicans have wasted so far?
Yeah, you are right, it didn't take anywhere near 516 days to figure out that story was complete and utter ********. Hell Wareyin, it took less than a month:

Oct. 10, 2012 hearing:

QUESTION: It has been suggested that budget cuts were responsible for a lack of security in Benghazi. And I'd like to ask Ms. Lamb, you made this decision personally. Was there any budget consideration and lack of budget which led you not to increase the number of people in the security force there?

DEPUTY ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF STATE CHARLENE LAMB: No, sir.

***

QUESTION: So there's not a budget problem. It's not you all don't have the money to do this?

LAMB: Sir, it's a volatile situation. We will move assets to cover that.

May 8, 2013 hearing:

QUESTION: Mr. Nordstrom, you were on that panel. Do you remember what she [Lamb] said?

REGIONAL SECURITY OFFICER ERIC NORDSTROM: Yes, she said that resources was not an issue. And I think I would also point to the ARB report, if I'm not mistaken, that they talked to our chief financial officer with D.S. [Diplomatic Security], who also said that resources were not an issue.

And it took me less than ten minutes to completely debunk... again.

I see you are concerned about $4.5 million, but not so worried about the thousands of man hours wasted because Hillary ran a cowboy server, and the 30 plus lawsuits it has created?

'k.
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 03:03 PM   #352
Dog Town
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,862
!

Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
but not so worried about the thousands of man hours wasted because Hillary ran a cowboy server, and the 30 plus lawsuits it has created?
To be fair:
It's really, REALLY, hard to get any information on that. Since no news agencies are reporting ANYTHING on it!
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 04:21 PM   #353
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,451
Originally Posted by Dog Town View Post
To be fair:
It's really, REALLY, hard to get any information on that. Since no news agencies are reporting ANYTHING on it!
The hillary campaign probably spends 4 mill a month on hydraulic fluid to run her robotic tear ducts

She is spontaneous. Beeeep.
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 07:42 PM   #354
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 6,514
Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
Yeah, you are right, it didn't take anywhere near 516 days to figure out that story was complete and utter ********. Hell Wareyin, it took less than a month:

Oct. 10, 2012 hearing:

QUESTION: It has been suggested that budget cuts were responsible for a lack of security in Benghazi. And I'd like to ask Ms. Lamb, you made this decision personally. Was there any budget consideration and lack of budget which led you not to increase the number of people in the security force there?

DEPUTY ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF STATE CHARLENE LAMB: No, sir.

***

QUESTION: So there's not a budget problem. It's not you all don't have the money to do this?

LAMB: Sir, it's a volatile situation. We will move assets to cover that.

May 8, 2013 hearing:

QUESTION: Mr. Nordstrom, you were on that panel. Do you remember what she [Lamb] said?

REGIONAL SECURITY OFFICER ERIC NORDSTROM: Yes, she said that resources was not an issue. And I think I would also point to the ARB report, if I'm not mistaken, that they talked to our chief financial officer with D.S. [Diplomatic Security], who also said that resources were not an issue.

And it took me less than ten minutes to completely debunk... again.
Are you claiming that the security budget wasn't cut? Interesting. Completely wrong, but interesting.

Quote:
I see you are concerned about $4.5 million, but not so worried about the thousands of man hours wasted because Hillary ran a cowboy server, and the 30 plus lawsuits it has created?

'k.
The lawsuits and wasted man hours are not because Clinton used a personal server. They exist solely because far too many suffer from HDS. Why should I blame Clinton for the multiple years of investigations that those poor HDS sufferers choose to fruitlessly engage in? I'm old enough to remember the same nonsense being done to her husband, with the same results.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 07:43 PM   #355
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 6,514
Originally Posted by Dog Town View Post
To be fair:
It's really, REALLY, hard to get any information on that. Since no news agencies are reporting ANYTHING on it!
You mind linking to a recent news article on wasted man hours by HDS sufferers? I could use a good laugh.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2015, 08:32 PM   #356
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,451
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
Are you claiming that the security budget wasn't cut? Interesting. Completely wrong, but interesting.

The lawsuits and wasted man hours are not because Clinton used a personal server. They exist solely because far too many suffer from HDS. Why should I blame Clinton for the multiple years of investigations that those poor HDS sufferers choose to fruitlessly engage in? I'm old enough to remember the same nonsense being done to her husband, with the same results.
Lolz, your argument got dismantled in less than ten minutes and your response Is to deny the plain testimony quoted in my post and then accuse the ap, gawker and others of having Hillary derangement syndrome?

There is such a thing as Hillary derangement syndrome, sport, and it is obvious that it is suffered by her supporters.

leave Hillary alone! BWHAHAHAHAHA!
__________________
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2015, 05:46 AM   #357
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 6,514
Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
There is such a thing as Hillary derangement syndrome
I think I found a signature line!
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2015, 06:22 AM   #358
Jrrarglblarg
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,673
Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
It is true that Hillary's poll numbers are falling because of the disclosures in the Benghazi investigation?

If you say so, who am i to argue?
Yeah, by now she's lost both Republicans that would have voted for her, Because Benghazi.

Democrats? Maybe not so much, we have many and various reasons to look elsewhere.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2015, 11:29 AM   #359
C_Felix
Master Poster
 
C_Felix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Just outside Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,902
BUT
BUT
BUT

Hillary did some nebulous things wrong!
__________________
Eqinsu Ocha!
Eqinsu Ocha!
C_Felix is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2015, 07:26 AM   #360
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ
 
Grizzly Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,792
Have to pinch my nose and side with the idea that the benghazi stuff is more sham than truth. At one time it was worth investigating... but if they didnt find anything that cripplingly implacated Hillary in an active role getting those people killed it should have been prioritized to find out what in the agency did. And there is enough blame to go around. The fact that its been more a partisan witch hunt takes away from the stuff that she might should have been confronted with and gives critics every right to lambast the party for playing politics unfortunately.

While i would definitely consider hillary and company low for politicizing it themselves and warrants the criticism... the committees have largely prioritized off hand issues
__________________

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 5th October 2015 at 07:28 AM.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:09 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.