IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 2nd December 2020, 07:43 PM   #1681
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
Deliberately forging documents is "a little sloppy"? That's an understatement.
It's sloppy. No one checks, everyone does it, not sure when the quality of work deteriorated...

You can find this crap is any organization that's big enough.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2020, 09:02 PM   #1682
Bogative
Master Poster

Hunter and Jim Biden are under federal investigation for fraud and tax evasion.

******* Putin!!! is at it again with all these Russian disinformation campaigns. Can the Bidens ever catch a break?
Old 10th December 2020, 09:06 PM   #1683
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post

******* Putin!!! is at it again with all these Russian disinformation campaigns. Can the Bidens ever catch a break?
Well, a Biden was just elected president, so there's that.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2020, 11:16 PM   #1684
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Hunter and Jim Biden are under federal investigation for being questioned in relation to somebody else's fraud and tax evasion and bankruptcy.

Correction.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2020, 11:19 PM   #1685
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

notice how the Bidens don't scream 'With HUNT!' into every microphone they can find?

- Robert M. Pirsig
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2020, 11:23 PM   #1686
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
notice how the Bidens don't scream 'With HUNT!' into every microphone they can find?
Yeah, I did notice that.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2020, 11:26 PM   #1687
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
notice how the Bidens don't scream 'Witch HUNT!' into every microphone they can find?
In fact, Hunter is complying promptly and fully with official information requests, as is his brother. Also not advertised widely.

Unlike certain presidents we could name who have been dodging such requests for years.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2020, 11:52 PM   #1688
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Nor are they tweeting about it like deranged paranoid schizophrenics or calling up sycophantic TV pundits complaining about what victims they are.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2020, 12:43 AM   #1689
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Most amazing in this story is Barr's role: "Attorney General William Barr has known about a disparate set of investigations involving Hunter Biden’s business and financial dealings since at least this spring, a person familiar with the matter said, and worked to avoid their public disclosure during the heated election campaign."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/barr-wo...mobilewebshare
Old 11th December 2020, 05:48 PM   #1690
Bogative
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Well, a Biden was just elected president, so there's that.

True, but is that a positive or a negative to the Bidens? Now that China Joe is back in high office his name has power and influence to sell, but will his junkie son and brother be brave enough to cash in on it?

Will the "big guy" still get his 10% cut if they do?
Old 11th December 2020, 05:53 PM   #1691
wareyin
Philosopher

True, but is that a positive or a negative to the Bidens? Now that China Joe is back in high office his name has power and influence to sell, but will his junkie son and brother be brave enough to cash in on it?

Will the "big guy" still get his 10% cut if they do?
Have you stopped beating your wife yet?
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2020, 06:02 PM   #1692
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Now that China Joe
Did you have any misgivings when China awarded the Trump crew 24 trademarks right after Diaper Don's meeting with Xi?

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2020, 06:04 PM   #1693
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Did you have any misgivings when China awarded the Trump crew 24 trademarks right after Diaper Don's meeting with Xi?
Oh, well...I'm sure that was different for....reasons.
Old 11th December 2020, 06:20 PM   #1694
p0lka
Master Poster

I thought this was about the Mandalorian, oops sorry.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2020, 06:23 PM   #1695
Bogative
Master Poster

No more than I have for the 77 they received before he was elected president.
Old 11th December 2020, 06:29 PM   #1696
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

No more than I have for the 77 they received before he was elected president.
So his faux tough guy anti-China stance was just a front, or a con for his supporters so he could continue grifting?

I get it.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Old 12th December 2020, 04:47 AM   #1697
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Oh, well...I'm sure that was different for....reasons.
Yeah the difference is D.
Old 12th December 2020, 07:02 AM   #1698
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

A big disappointment!
Quote Tweet

toddstarnes
@toddstarnes
If the Wall Street Journal story is true and Attorney General Barr knew in the spring about the Biden investigation and kept it quiet -- he should be fired by the end of business today.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2020, 08:27 AM   #1699
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I don't recall either Hunter or Jim Biden being on the ballot. It's odd that this seems to bother you when you're okay with Trump who was a filthy Russian whore.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2020, 08:43 AM   #1700
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I don't recall either Hunter or Jim Biden being on the ballot. It's odd that this seems to bother you when you're okay with Trump who was a filthy Russian whore.
Not to mention blatantly corrupt and suggesting he may need to pardon his kids for crimes yet to be publicly uncovered.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2020, 09:07 AM   #1701
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Why didn’t Bill Barr reveal the truth to the public, before the Election, about Hunter Biden. Joe was lying on the debate stage that nothing was wrong, or going on - Press confirmed. Big disadvantage for Republicans at the polls!
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2020, 09:55 AM   #1702
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

Why didn’t Bill Barr reveal the truth to the public, before the Election, about Hunter Biden. Joe was lying on the debate stage that nothing was wrong, or going on - Press confirmed. Big disadvantage for Republicans at the polls!
Classy. He's complaining that Barr didn't release information on an ongoing criminal investigation to him in time for him to use it in a smear campaign against Biden. The whole concept of integrity is so far beyond him that he doesn't even feel he has to pretend to have any.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2020, 11:55 AM   #1703
Hercules56
Master Poster

Trump got his #Winning October Surprise in 2016.

Only one per President, sorry Don.
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2020, 02:41 PM   #1704
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Trump Tweets

He's collecting excuses.
Old 12th December 2020, 02:48 PM   #1705
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
He's collecting excuses.
Be interesting (for certain definitions of the word) to see what excuse his delusions will lead him to settle on.
Old 12th December 2020, 02:52 PM   #1706
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Be interesting (for certain definitions of the word) to see what excuse his delusions will lead him to settle on.
He'll never settle for one. His excuse will always be the most recent one he notices in his Twitter feed.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2020, 03:29 PM   #1707
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

I want to see him fire Barr
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2020, 03:40 PM   #1708
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
I want to see him fire Barr
I don't know what to think of Barr. He seemed like such a Trump toadie for a long while, and then he started doing the right thing. It's confusing. I'd just as soon he stay for the end at this point, though.
Old 12th December 2020, 03:56 PM   #1709
dirtywick
Illuminator

Bill Barr got his termination date on Nov 3
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2020, 03:57 PM   #1710
dirtywick
Illuminator

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
I don't know what to think of Barr. He seemed like such a Trump toadie for a long while, and then he started doing the right thing. It's confusing. I'd just as soon he stay for the end at this point, though.
Everyone has their limits. Barr’s are just not what we thought they were
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2020, 04:01 PM   #1711
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

A big disappointment!
Quote Tweet

toddstarnes
@toddstarnes
If the Wall Street Journal story is true and Attorney General Barr knew in the spring about the Biden investigation and kept it quiet -- he should be fired by the end of business today.
Quote:
Fox News Parts Ways With Far-Right Host Todd Starnes

GOOD RIDDANCE

The conservative talking head is best-known for his incendiary anti-LGBT, xenophobic, and racist remarks both on-air, across Fox News programming and on his Fox Nation and Fox News Radio shows, and in his FoxNews.com columns...

...Starnes also has a long history of erroneous reporting, having once been fired from Baptist Press over “factual and contextual errors” and “misrepresentations.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-ne...t-todd-starnes

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 12th December 2020 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12th December 2020, 04:48 PM   #1712
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
He doesn't need one. He can spout whichever one or more fit the moment.
Old 12th December 2020, 04:52 PM   #1713
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

I don't know what to think of Barr. He seemed like such a Trump toadie for a long while, and then he started doing the right thing. [recognized the Trump train was on a rail that disappeared off a bridge into a canyon.] ...
ftfy

He has been trying to shift sides and claim he was always a reasonable guy for a few months now. As for not pursuing the Biden case in hopes of affecting the election, again, I'm not sure when he recognized Trump's chances didn't look good, but from my POV, he would have had to stick his neck out and could be there isn't a whole lot to the Biden case except maybe some tax fraud.

Barr would have looked like he was a Trump toadie and that's when he realized he had a lot to lose and little to gain.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 12th December 2020 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12th December 2020, 04:59 PM   #1714
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
That's dated Oct 2.
Old 12th December 2020, 05:01 PM   #1715
Mader Levap
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
Everyone has their limits. Barr’s are just not what we thought they were
He serves rethuglicans first and foremost, not Trump. That he flipped bird to Trump does not make him a good human.
Old 12th December 2020, 05:07 PM   #1716
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Mader Levap View Post
He serves rethuglicans first and foremost, not Trump. That he flipped bird to Trump does not make him a good human.
I never imagined Barr to be a good human, but I think he turned out to be a better human than I thought he was. It's not a high bar. So to speak.
Old 12th December 2020, 06:23 PM   #1717
dirtywick
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Mader Levap View Post
it wasn’t obvious who he was looking out for or how far he would go. He’s done plenty of questionable things in the past at Trumps request to help Trump.

Either way I think you’re wrong. He had a clear, and personally consequence free, chance to damage Biden and help Trump, and the R party, by smearing Biden with Hunter allegations and helping Trump win the election. He didn’t do it.
Old 12th December 2020, 08:47 PM   #1718
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Clue, rearrange these words to make a popular saying "wall writing the on the"

Old 12th December 2020, 09:13 PM   #1719
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
That's dated Oct 2.
Indeed. Mr Starnes was too insanely extreme for Fox even before they dropped Donny.
Old 12th December 2020, 10:10 PM   #1720
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

The reason Barr kept the Hunter investigation hidden from Trump was to make a conviction possible.
If Trump had made a public spectacle of it, no judge could have found an unbiased jury.
Barr did not do the Bidens any favors.

- Robert M. Pirsig
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics