IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , diseases , medical conspiracies

Closed Thread
Old 15th November 2021, 07:24 PM   #2841
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him
 
arthwollipot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ngunnawal Country
Posts: 75,113
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Which lie.?
This lie:

Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, most of the people here support you losing your job, losing the ability to travel, or losing the ability to buy food if you don't take experimental gene therapy. Some even advocate using concentration camps.

This is how much they "care" about human beings.
__________________
We are all #KenBehrens
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 07:50 PM   #2842
Tippit
Illuminator
 
Tippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,914
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
So far, all items I've seen re new lockdowns for the control group ie unjabbed follks, indicate food shopping to be allowed.
Except for Lithuania, which has gene therapy checkpoints at supermarkets.

I also pointed out that it's difficult to buy food without money because you were fired from your job for deciding not to be an experiment.
__________________
"Allowing human beings to create unlimited money out of nothing inevitably results in the most monstrous of conspiracies."

Last edited by Tippit; 15th November 2021 at 08:01 PM.
Tippit is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 07:51 PM   #2843
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him
 
arthwollipot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ngunnawal Country
Posts: 75,113
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Except for Lithuania, which has gene therapy checkpoints at supermarkets.
And we all know that when the NWO Revolution comes, it will start in Lithuania.
__________________
We are all #KenBehrens
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 08:13 PM   #2844
Tippit
Illuminator
 
Tippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,914
Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
The immune system is more complicated than that. It's not a case of "I got it, therefore I can't get it again". People have caught chicken pox multiple times in their lives, and people have caught COVID more than once too.
If you survive the virus, you get sterilizing immunity upon recovery. If there are exceptions, they are exceedingly rare. Do you have any evidence of any previously infected person either getting re-infected, or infecting anyone else? No one is claiming that the immunity is permanent, just that it is superior to experimental gene therapy as per the Israeli study. Furthermore, studies that measure declining antibodies as a proxy for susceptibility are flawed, because memory B and memory T cells are still effective.

Quote:

Your immunity will not last. If you continue your reckless behaviour, you will be reinfected at some time. You can reduce the risk of reinfection to almost zero by getting the safe and effective vaccine, by wearing a mask, by washing your hands, and by social distancing.
The 3 month figure in your quoted study is a joke, and the 5 year upper bound is just a projection based on other coronaviruses, which had upper bounds of periods between reinfection of 10-12 years. People can expect to be re-infected by Influenza twice per decade. I am personally past the 16 month median by 1 month. When I get infected by a new variant, I will do the same thing I did before. I will treat it with Vitamin D, Zinc, and megadosing Vitamin C (and possibly the low-cost pharmaceutical that shall-not-be-named).

Until such time I will "recklessly" live a normal life, like most Floridians, and spend time at the beach, outdoors in the sun, and indoors at the casinos, malls, and movie theaters. I will not bother wearing cloth masks, because they don't work. If I ever do feel the need to wear a mask, I will use my stockpile of N95s. I have also made it a point to never use hand sanitizer, and I also intentionally wash my hands less than I did before, and only when necessary, saving a lot of wasted time.

You, on the other hand, will never get back the last 1.8 years of your life spent living in fear and lockdowns, fitting useless cloth masks, and avoiding your friends and family.
__________________
"Allowing human beings to create unlimited money out of nothing inevitably results in the most monstrous of conspiracies."

Last edited by Tippit; 15th November 2021 at 08:19 PM.
Tippit is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 08:26 PM   #2845
Chris_Halkides
Penultimate Amazing
 
Chris_Halkides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 10,390
after googling sterilizing immunity

Katherine J. Wu wrote, "To show sterilizing immunity, researchers have to demonstrate that an infection never occurred—a big ask, considering that microbiologists can’t even agree on what an infection actually is. An onslaught of pathogens ravaging the airway or gut certainly counts. But according to some experts, so does a single viral particle commencing the process of copying itself inside a cell. This is further muddled by the fact that many pathogens, including SARS-CoV-2, can set up shop inside their hosts without causing a single symptom. There is, and always has been, a disconnect between infection and disease." The Atlantic.
__________________
It is possible both to be right about an issue and to take oneself a little too seriously, but I would rather be reminded of that by a friend than a foe. (a tip of the hat to Foolmewunz)
Chris_Halkides is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 08:29 PM   #2846
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator
 
W.D.Clinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,172
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
If you survive the virus, you get sterilizing immunity upon recovery. If there are exceptions, they are exceedingly rare. Do you have any evidence of any previously infected person either getting re-infected, or infecting anyone else?
Yes.
Quote:
Reinfection with human coronaviruses, including SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, has been documented.
....
In this case-control study, being unvaccinated was associated with 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with being fully vaccinated.
Numerate folk find that sort of information useful when considering risk/reward.

Innumerate folk who prefer irrational approaches to evaluating risk/reward may choose not to be informed by such information.

For example:
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
When I get infected by a new variant, I will do the same thing I did before. I will treat it with Vitamin D, Zinc, and megadosing Vitamin C (and possibly the low-cost pharmaceutical that shall-not-be-named).

Until such time I will "recklessly" live a normal life, like most Floridians, and spend time at the beach, outdoors in the sun, and indoors at the casinos, malls, and movie theaters. I will not bother wearing cloth masks, because they don't work. If I ever do feel the need to wear a mask, I will use my stockpile of N95s. I have also made it a point to never use hand sanitizer, and I also intentionally wash my hands less than I did before, and only when necessary, saving a lot of wasted time.
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 08:31 PM   #2847
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 16,968
Tippit is too much in love with the terms "gene therapy" and "sterilizing Immunity" to ever drop them, no matter the evidence
__________________
"Metaphysics is a restaurant where they give you a thirty thousand page menu, and no food."

- Robert M. Pirsig
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 09:38 PM   #2848
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 8,492
Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
Katherine J. Wu wrote, "To show sterilizing immunity, researchers have to demonstrate that an infection never occurred—a big ask, considering that microbiologists can’t even agree on what an infection actually is. An onslaught of pathogens ravaging the airway or gut certainly counts. But according to some experts, so does a single viral particle commencing the process of copying itself inside a cell. This is further muddled by the fact that many pathogens, including SARS-CoV-2, can set up shop inside their hosts without causing a single symptom. There is, and always has been, a disconnect between infection and disease." The Atlantic.
Pretty sure I had already linked to that, incidentally, eliciting no response from Tippit.

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Tippit is too much in love with the terms "gene therapy" and "sterilizing Immunity" to ever drop them, no matter the evidence
In defense of sterilizing immunity, it is somewhat useful for understanding when dealing with the basics. Much like the Bohr atomic model, it's useful, even though it's wrong. From here, his faith in it seems to serve as more of an emotionally driven excuse to justify himself, of course, rather than being a proper reason, but changes relatively little either way when he's made it perfectly clear that he's willing to risk the odds as he perceives them regardless.
__________________
So sayeth the crazy little dragon.

Last edited by Aridas; 15th November 2021 at 09:40 PM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 10:18 PM   #2849
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him
 
arthwollipot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ngunnawal Country
Posts: 75,113
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
You, on the other hand, will never get back the last 1.8 years of your life spent living in fear and lockdowns, fitting useless cloth masks, and avoiding your friends and family.
Dude. I'm a deep introvert with ochlophobia and social anxiety. Lockdown was literally my native language.
__________________
We are all #KenBehrens
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 10:30 PM   #2850
Bubba
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 6,181
Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
This lie:


Steady now, arthwollipot, he didnt say it was already happening.


Will it happen?

You know some here wish it to be so..........Stay tuned

Are you one of them.?
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 11:09 PM   #2851
Tippit
Illuminator
 
Tippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,914
Originally Posted by W.D.Clinger View Post
Numerate folk find that sort of information useful when considering risk/reward.

Innumerate folk who prefer irrational approaches to evaluating risk/reward may choose not to be informed by such information.
Cool stories, bruh. Even if those studies and the stats derived don't happen to be lies, in order to properly evaluate risks and rewards, you have to analyze all of the possibilities. That includes the short and long term risks of experimental gene therapies and booster shots into perpetuity (risks you deny), and it includes the efficacy of alternative treatments (rewards which you simply dismiss).

The reward granted by my ability to treat myself cheaply, safely and effectively (and again, when necessary), plus the immunity that having been infected gave me means I have literally no need and no interest in experimental gene therapies. I will boldly live my life like I have for the past couple of years. Thanks but no thanks for the health tips.
__________________
"Allowing human beings to create unlimited money out of nothing inevitably results in the most monstrous of conspiracies."

Last edited by Tippit; 15th November 2021 at 11:17 PM.
Tippit is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 11:13 PM   #2852
Tippit
Illuminator
 
Tippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,914
Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
Katherine J. Wu wrote, "To show sterilizing immunity, researchers have to demonstrate that an infection never occurred—a big ask, considering that microbiologists can’t even agree on what an infection actually is. An onslaught of pathogens ravaging the airway or gut certainly counts. But according to some experts, so does a single viral particle commencing the process of copying itself inside a cell. This is further muddled by the fact that many pathogens, including SARS-CoV-2, can set up shop inside their hosts without causing a single symptom. There is, and always has been, a disconnect between infection and disease." The Atlantic.
And yet, we know that the vast majority of people who get infected, clear the virus completely, and don't get re-infected because their adaptive immune system destroys it before they get ill. Hence, sterilizing immunity, you know like the thing granted by real vaccines like the polio and smallpox vaccines.
__________________
"Allowing human beings to create unlimited money out of nothing inevitably results in the most monstrous of conspiracies."
Tippit is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 11:14 PM   #2853
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him
 
arthwollipot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ngunnawal Country
Posts: 75,113
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Steady now, arthwollipot, he didnt say it was already happening.


Will it happen?

You know some here wish it to be so..........Stay tuned

Are you one of them.?
Will it happen? Will authorities prevent people from buying food? You do realise that this means literally starving people to death in their own homes?

That's a fantasy that exists only in Tippit's mind.
__________________
We are all #KenBehrens
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 11:23 PM   #2854
Tippit
Illuminator
 
Tippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,914
Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Will it happen? Will authorities prevent people from buying food? You do realise that this means literally starving people to death in their own homes?

That's a fantasy that exists only in Tippit's mind.
Except, it's probably already happening:

Thousands of workers are opting to get fired, rather than take the vaccine

This news should make you smile. I don't know how likely it is that someone living paycheck to paycheck would risk losing their livelihood by opting out, but I imagine at least a few of those people are either homeless or on the verge of homelessness because of their extreme distrust in pharma. Once homeless, it's not very far from starvation. But then, you don't care about them, because they're crazy and evil, presumably putting everyone else at risk, so you claim, without you even knowing or caring whether or not they have immunity.
__________________
"Allowing human beings to create unlimited money out of nothing inevitably results in the most monstrous of conspiracies."
Tippit is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 11:25 PM   #2855
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 14,298
It makes one wonder how all those vulnerable people who really were advised not to leave their homes even to buy food during the lockdowns managed. I mean it's not as if they could get it delivered, or ask their friends/relatives/neighbours to buy some for them, or anything.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 11:29 PM   #2856
Tippit
Illuminator
 
Tippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,914
Then there are these idiots:

Dozens of US nuclear lab workers sue over vaccine mandate

Could somebody tell these clowns that the jabs are safe and effective? Maybe they haven't seen the TV advertisements yet, or heard Big Bird's endorsement. No big deal really, I'm sure we can find some other cement-heads to split atoms.
__________________
"Allowing human beings to create unlimited money out of nothing inevitably results in the most monstrous of conspiracies."
Tippit is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 11:31 PM   #2857
Tippit
Illuminator
 
Tippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,914
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
It makes one wonder how all those vulnerable people who really were advised not to leave their homes even to buy food during the lockdowns managed. I mean it's not as if they could get it delivered, or ask their friends/relatives/neighbours to buy some for them, or anything.
Imagine all of those people who never had a lockdown, and lived normally and somehow survived, because the disease only has a 0.15% Infection Fatality Rate!
__________________
"Allowing human beings to create unlimited money out of nothing inevitably results in the most monstrous of conspiracies."
Tippit is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 11:43 PM   #2858
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 19,671
Rio Times: Covid-19: 29 scientific studies from around the world show natural immunity provides effective protection against infection

Originally Posted by Rio Times
Natural immunity to a SARS-type virus is robust, durable, and largely effective even in the case of mutations, generally more so than vaccines. The effort to pretend otherwise is a scientific betrayal, especially since the continued neglect of the subject is affecting the rights and freedoms of billions of people.

With links to and summaries of all 29 studies.
__________________
Freimir Kron
waltet schon
unser Sohn
auf dem Thron

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 15th November 2021 at 11:45 PM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 11:44 PM   #2859
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him
 
arthwollipot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ngunnawal Country
Posts: 75,113
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
This news should make you smile.
This news does not make me smile. This news makes me sad and concerned. Why do you think I'd smile? Do you think me that heartless?

Oh. And Big Bird.

Big Bird is not being held up as an expert. Big Bird is being held up as someone who is sensible enough to listen to experts and follow their recommendations. Experts know stuff, you see. That's what they've dedicated their lives and their careers to. If you want to know something, you ask an expert. If an expert recommends that you do something, you do that, not because you are a gullible sheep who just likes doing what you're told, but because you recognise that they know what they're talking about because they're experts.

The devaluation of expertise is one of the saddest parts of the modern culture war.
__________________
We are all #KenBehrens
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th November 2021, 11:57 PM   #2860
Tippit
Illuminator
 
Tippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,914
Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
This news does not make me smile. This news makes me sad and concerned. Why do you think I'd smile? Do you think me that heartless?
I don't necessarily think you're heartless, I think you think that you know everything, and that you couldn't possibly be wrong about the "vaccine" being safe and effective, and so you don't really give much thought to real people who think differently than you facing the possibility of losing their jobs, and more because they don't want to be experiments.

Where there is risk, there should be choice, not force.

Quote:
If an expert recommends that you do something, you do that, not because you are a gullible sheep who just likes doing what you're told, but because you recognise that they know what they're talking about because they're experts.

The devaluation of expertise is one of the saddest parts of the modern culture war.
I agree that it is sad, but we don't trust the "experts" anymore.
__________________
"Allowing human beings to create unlimited money out of nothing inevitably results in the most monstrous of conspiracies."

Last edited by Tippit; 16th November 2021 at 12:01 AM.
Tippit is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 12:02 AM   #2861
Bubba
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 6,181
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
I don't necessarily think you're heartless, I think you think that you know everything, and that you couldn't possibly be wrong about the "vaccine" being safe and effective, and so you don't really give much thought to real people who think differently than you facing the possibility of losing their jobs, and more because they don't want to be experiments.

Where there is risk, there should be choice, not force.



I agree that it is sad, but we don't trust the "experts" anymore.

Agree

He is not heartless.


Deceived is not heartless

Last edited by Bubba; 16th November 2021 at 12:05 AM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 12:02 AM   #2862
Bubba
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 6,181
Fools rush in.


Who here in the experimental group will admit to their denial and anger about their buyers' remorse ?

Whatcha gonna do now with that suppressed emotion ?


Reminder:

Actual Skeptics everywhere know you will never know what was injected into your arms, unless you are inside the system...its a no brainer.

You don't know what they put inside you.

Last edited by Bubba; 16th November 2021 at 12:10 AM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 12:09 AM   #2863
Susheel
Master Poster
 
Susheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hyderabad, India
Posts: 2,572
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Fools rush in.


Who here in the experimental group will admit to their denial and anger about their buyers' remorse ?

Whatcha gonna do now with that suppressed emotion ?


Reminder:

Actual Skeptics everywhere know you cannot ever know what was injected into your arms, unless you are inside the system...its a no brainer.

.
Inhalation therapy, e-book link

file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/RapidVirusRecovery%20Dr%20levy.pdf

Or go here:

https://www.amazon.com/Rapid-Virus-R.../dp/099831241X
I have been following your engagement here since 2014. And not one of your posts since then has ever given me any indication that you have any idea of what skepticism is.
__________________
I've got to get to a library...fast Robert Langdon
Susheel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 12:09 AM   #2864
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,810
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Imagine all of those people who never had a lockdown, and lived normally and somehow survived, because the disease only has a 0.15% Infection Fatality Rate!
Yes losing 16 people dead isn't bad at all - out of 1,000 of course you are pretending that you don't know that a very large percent of the people who survive Covid have long term health problems. So T what is that current percentage or do you want to another round of- I won't answer questions I don't like? lol

Additionally what is the average medical bill for a Covid survivor? For one who has been in an ICU for weeks - care to comment?

""Average cost of hospital care for COVID-19 ranges from $51,000 to $78,000, based on age""

https://www.healthcarefinancenews.co...8000-based-age

""The cost of hospital stays over 15 days jumped significantly, although there were not enough patients under 20 who were hospitalized for this long for FAIR Health to report on. Patients aged 21 to 40 paid the most for these longer hospitalizations, on average paying $980,821. The over 60 age group paid the least – about $460,989.""

You seem you are down playing the effects for what reason? A debate tactic? Are you in the pay of the Rothschild's. That would explain why you take your belief that they are taking over the world with so little concern?

Here's a fun comparison for you a percentage of casualties in WW2 per 1,000 people of our population:

Combat livability (out of 1,000): 8.6 were killed in action, 3 died from other causes, and 17.7 received non-fatal combat wounds. So the killed rate is less than that of Covid yet it wasn't considered trivial - why do you pretend it is?

https://www.nationalww2museum.org/st...litary-numbers
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 12:11 AM   #2865
Bubba
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 6,181
Preventive inhalation therapy, e-book link

file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/RapidVirusRecovery%20Dr%20levy.pdf

Or go here:

https://www.amazon.com/Rapid-Virus-R.../dp/099831241X
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 12:13 AM   #2866
Bubba
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 6,181
Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
I have been following your engagement here since 2014. And not one of your posts since then has ever given me any indication that you have any idea of what skepticism is.

LOL


Compared to what you trust you allowed them to put in your blood stream, my view is irrelevant.


Tell the class...what exactly did you let them put in your body, and how do you know.?

Last edited by Bubba; 16th November 2021 at 12:17 AM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 12:17 AM   #2867
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him
 
arthwollipot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ngunnawal Country
Posts: 75,113
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
I don't necessarily think you're heartless, I think you think that you know everything...
No, I don't think I know everything. That's why I listen to the experts.
__________________
We are all #KenBehrens
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 12:22 AM   #2868
Bubba
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 6,181
Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
No, I don't think I know everything. That's why I listen to the experts.

Surely you listen to their equally credentialed critics..?...Even the ones now silenced by all social and 'major' media.?

What u think about all that silencing of doctors?
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 12:26 AM   #2869
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,810
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
LOL


Compared to what you trust you allowed them to put in your blood stream, my view is irrelevant.


Tell the class...what exactly did you let them put in your body, and how do you know.?
Do you test what they put in your car each time you fill up? Do you eat anything that you don't personally grow? Okay then whats in it? What is your shirt made of? Do you do an analysis of the air every hour? The water you drink? The amount of rads you are taking?

You are being silly.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 12:27 AM   #2870
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,810
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Surely you listen to their equally credentialed critics..?...Even the ones now silenced by all social and 'major' media.?

What u think about all that silencing of doctors?
Are all experts equal in your world? How do you tell the difference?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 12:36 AM   #2871
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 14,298
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Imagine all of those people who never had a lockdown, and lived normally and somehow survived, because the disease only has a 0.15% Infection Fatality Rate!
I'm too busy imagining how my three older sisters - 74, 81 and 82, all with underlying health problems, - would have fared if they'd not followed expert advice to remain in their homes and get their groceries delivered and had instead followed yours and caught Covid 19.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 12:46 AM   #2872
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,810
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
I'm too busy imagining how my three older sisters - 74, 81 and 82, all with underlying health problems, - would have fared if they'd not followed expert advice to remain in their homes and get their groceries delivered and had instead followed yours and caught Covid 19.
They might have died, they might have had long term effects and crippling medical debt.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 12:49 AM   #2873
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him
 
arthwollipot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ngunnawal Country
Posts: 75,113
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Surely you listen to their equally credentialed critics..?...
When 99 structural engineers say that a bridge is unsafe, and 1 says that it perfectly fine, do you cross that bridge? Do you listen to the equally credentialed one, or do you listen to the 99? What about when the 1 who says that it's perfectly fine has a store selling supplements on the other side?

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Even the ones now silenced by all social and 'major' media.?

What u think about all that silencing of doctors?
I think that's paranoid rambling with no basis in fact.
__________________
We are all #KenBehrens
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 12:50 AM   #2874
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 14,298
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
They might have died, they might have had long term effects and crippling medical debt.
No, they're British. They've never been billed for any of the many medical treatments (including heart surgery and cancer surgery) that they've had.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 01:08 AM   #2875
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 23,215
Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Yeah, I know someone too. Chicken pox as an adult can be really dangerous.
Been that soldier. It was not pleasant.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 01:10 AM   #2876
Bubba
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 6,181
Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
I have been following your engagement here since 2014. And not one of your posts since then has ever given me any indication that you have any idea of what skepticism is.

Please share what you'd have me know of what skepticism is, and tell me how I have no idea of it.

Thnx

PM, or put it in on topic terms

Last edited by Bubba; 16th November 2021 at 01:12 AM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 01:36 AM   #2877
Axxman300
Philosopher
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 5,922
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Fools rush in.


Who here in the experimental group will admit to their denial and anger about their buyers' remorse ?

Whatcha gonna do now with that suppressed emotion ?


Reminder:

Actual Skeptics everywhere know you will never know what was injected into your arms, unless you are inside the system...its a no brainer.

You don't know what they put inside you.
You don't know what they put in the pills you take for your hangovers either.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 01:51 AM   #2878
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 19,671
A short video just filmed an hour ago on a market in Arusha, Tanzania. A leading German dissident who is in exile there points out that these people have no TV, therefore they have no fear, therefore they have no pandemic. A miracle.
__________________
Freimir Kron
waltet schon
unser Sohn
auf dem Thron
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 02:26 AM   #2879
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 14,298
The median age of Tanzanians is 17.7.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 03:19 AM   #2880
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 16,968
https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-1...ia-11636042309

Inside the World’s Most Blatant Covid-19 Coverup: Secret Burials, a Dead President
Tanzania denied the existence of the pandemic for months, even as thousands likely died. The country is a clue to its hidden global toll.
__________________
"Metaphysics is a restaurant where they give you a thirty thousand page menu, and no food."

- Robert M. Pirsig
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:49 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.