IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , diseases , medical conspiracies

Closed Thread
Old 16th November 2021, 04:53 AM   #2881
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Are all experts equal in your world? How do you tell the difference?
Well this one is easy. Bubba believes anyone he agrees with, and if Bubba agrees with them they are experts.
Old 16th November 2021, 04:57 AM   #2882
Carrot Flower King
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Oopsie,
Sorry, I forgot to include...from two weeks ago

Nov 2: British Medical Journal Investigative Journalist:

“Revelations of poor practices at a contract research company helping to carry out Pfizer’s pivotal covid-19 vaccine trial raise questions about data integrity and regulatory oversight ..."

As noted by Bill Bruckner for transparimed.org

In Pharma's pocket.....that's where they are

- by that evil mean ole murderous ghoul
This one seemed to pass without any response, so...

The "investigative journalist" is good ole Paul Thacker, which isn't a promising start. But, to take him at apparent face value, here is a take down from last week of his manufactroversy - https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/wha...ed-to-the-bmj/

TL; DR - A lot of manufactured, by Thacker, smoke and no fire...Well, mebbe a spluttering match looking for some kindling. And the BMJ really needs to give itself a good talking to.
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 07:03 AM   #2883
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Cool stories, bruh. Even if those studies and the stats derived don't happen to be lies, in order to properly evaluate risks and rewards, you have to analyze all of the possibilities. That includes the short and long term risks of experimental gene therapies and booster shots into perpetuity (risks you deny), and it includes the efficacy of alternative treatments (rewards which you simply dismiss).
Rational assessment of long term risk/reward must take into account the long term risks and rewards of both the disease and the vaccinations.

Known long term rewards of COVID-19:
  • a significant (but imperfect) degree of immunity

Known long term risks of COVID-19:
  • death
  • brain fog
  • breathing problems
  • heart problems
  • kidney problems
  • Guillain-Barre syndrome
  • myocarditis
  • Bell's palsy
  • stroke
  • (et cetera)

Known long term rewards of vaccination:

Known long term risks of vaccination:
  • myocarditis
  • Bell's palsy (possibly; see below)
  • stroke (possibly)
As can be seen from those lists, the known long term risks of vaccination are also long term risks of COVID-19. Rational assessment of long term risk/reward examines quantitative data comparing the likelihood of those risks.

For example:
Originally Posted by Patone et al
Overall, we estimated 38 excess cases of Guillain–Barré syndrome per 10 million people receiving ChAdOx1nCoV-19 and 145 excess cases per 10 million people after a positive SARS-CoV-2 test. In summary, although we find an increased risk of neurological complications in those who received COVID-19 vaccines, the risk of these complications is greater following a positive SARS-CoV-2 test.
Using arithmetic, numerate folk can use those estimates to calculate that the number of excess cases of Guillain–Barré syndrome in the United States that have been caused by the vaccines (multiply 38 by 19.3) is about the same as the number of excess cases that have been caused by COVID-19 (multiply 145 by 5.0). The vaccines do not confer perfect immunity, so that calculation tells numerate folks that vaccination does indeed involve some increased risk of Guillain–Barré syndrome.

To put that increased risk into perspective, we have already seen more than 20000 (twenty thousand) deaths per 10 million from COVID-19 in the United States. Guillain–Barré syndrome is treatable, with around 95% surviving the disease and 80% making a full recovery, so the 38 excess cases per 10 million implies approximately 2 deaths per 10 million. To justify that increased risk of Guillain–Barré syndrome, the vaccines would have to be effective enough to prevent one out of every ten thousand deaths from COVID-19. They are.

Another example:
Originally Posted by Tamaki et al
Two phase 3 COVID-19 vaccine trials consisting of 73 868 participants (36 930 receiving vaccine) reported 8 cases of BP.5,6 Seven cases were in the vaccine groups, which translates to an incidence of 19 per 100 000. The FDA cited insufficient evidence to determine a causal association between COVID-19 vaccinations and BP. This area warrants continued surveillance.

The present analysis found a higher incidence of BP in patients with COVID-19 (0.08%). This translates to approximately 82 per 100 000 patients with COVID-19. The rate of recurrent BP in patients with previous BP at the time of COVID-19 diagnosis was 8.6%. This analysis found a statistically significant higher risk of BP in patients with COVID-19 compared with those who were vaccinated against the disease. The data suggest that rates of BP are higher in patients with COVID-19, and this incidence exceeds the reported incidence of BP in those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine.
Calculations similar to those outlined above for GB suggest those preliminary numbers are weak evidence for some increased risk of Bell's Palsy among the vaccinated. Bell's Palsy is usually temporary, and not life-threatening, so any increased risk of BP associated with vaccinations is probably a good deal less serious than the increased risk of GB.

In a previous post, I examined the risk of myocarditis/pericarditis among the vaccinated but did not compare that risk to the increased risk of myocarditis/pericarditis among those with COVID-19. I'll leave that as an exercise for numerate and scientifically literate readers.

Thanks but no thanks for the health tips.
You're welcome, but while I sometimes appear to address myself to you, I try to write for a numerate and rational audience.

Last edited by W.D.Clinger; 16th November 2021 at 07:08 AM. Reason: added missing decimal points, and an additional risk of COVID-19
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 07:12 AM   #2884
Tippit
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
A short video just filmed an hour ago on a market in Arusha, Tanzania. A leading German dissident who is in exile there points out that these people have no TV, therefore they have no fear, therefore they have no pandemic. A miracle.

I’ve seen the opposite of this phenomenon firsthand (someone who watches TV news constantly) and I’ve been able to contrast it with my own experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16th November 2021, 07:36 AM   #2885
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-1...ia-11636042309

Inside the World’s Most Blatant Covid-19 Coverup: Secret Burials, a Dead President
Tanzania denied the existence of the pandemic for months, even as thousands likely died. The country is a clue to its hidden global toll.
But but but ... there's a youtube!
Old 16th November 2021, 07:39 AM   #2886
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by W.D.Clinger View Post
[snip for brevity]
Outstanding post.
Old 16th November 2021, 07:52 AM   #2887
gmanontario
Muse

Originally Posted by BazBear View Post
Yep, and I am one of the lucky few who had chicken pox twice. Which reminds me, I really ought to get the shingles vaccine, regardless of how deadly that vaccine may be.
Shingles is the very definition of pain and misery. I had it on my face and neck. I took Shingrix shots a month apart after that.

You really don't want shingles. Get the shot ASAP. Trust me on that.

Red Green
gmanontario is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 09:01 AM   #2888
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit

Then there are these idiots:

Dozens of US nuclear lab workers sue over vaccine mandate

Could somebody tell these clowns that the jabs are safe and effective? Maybe they haven't seen the TV advertisements yet, or heard Big Bird's endorsement. No big deal really, I'm sure we can find some other cement-heads to split atoms.
The news article indicates 112 people are suing the lab.

Question for you: how many people are employed by the lab?

BTW: I agree with your description of these 112 ...
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Canadian or living in Canada? PM me if you want an entry on the list of Canadians on the forum.
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 09:05 AM   #2889
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit

Imagine all of those people who never had a lockdown, and lived normally and somehow survived, because the disease only has a 0.15% Infection Fatality Rate!
What's your source for this number? According to Our World In Data, as of yesterday the USA had recorded 48,072,898 cases and 784,779 deaths, for an IFR of 0.016, or 1.6%. The number you quoted is off by an order of magnitude.
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Canadian or living in Canada? PM me if you want an entry on the list of Canadians on the forum.
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 09:25 AM   #2890
sackett
Philosopher

Doesn't neither!

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
....That's a fantasy that exists only in Tippit's mind.
It exists in Bubba's mind and it exists in MY mind!

Maybe or probably in CE's mind too, but you can't be sure, he's a tricky one.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 10:14 AM   #2891
Planigale
Philosopher

My excellent health, combined with my utter lack of fear for getting re-infected, despite ongoing and repeated contact with the general public, says otherwise. (Surviving) natural infection leaves you with antibodies for all of the viral antigens, not just the spike protein. This has been covered (and will likely be covered again) here.

I have a friend who is a general manager of one of the busiest Hooters restaurants in South Florida. He recently contracted a moderately severe case of Covid19 after being un-jabbed, which left him sick for 3-4 weeks in August. He has unrelenting and ongoing close contact with the general public on a daily basis. He performed a survey which indicated that his occupation put him at one of the highest risks for infection (or re-infection, as the case may be), and yet, he has been perfectly healthy since. Not only that, he described what happened in August as a "wave" where many people he knew personally became ill, and now he claims there are no cases among anyone he knows personally.

Natural, sterilizing immunity is a real thing. Why is it being ignored under the din of the constant clamor for experimental gene therapy?
Well I spent a year unvaccinated working everyday with patients with covid and did not get it. Actually the chances of any one individual getting covid over a year was relatively low.

Sterilising immunity may be a real thing, but not with covid, when we know re-infections occur and immunity wains relatively quickly.
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 10:16 AM   #2892
Tippit
Illuminator

Rational assessment of long term risk/reward must take into account the long term risks and rewards of both the disease and the vaccinations.

Known long term rewards of COVID-19:
Honestly, there really are no "rewards" where Covid-19 is concerned. There is only mitigating risks against other risks.

Quote:
Known long term risks of COVID-19:
  • death
  • brain fog
  • breathing problems
  • heart problems
  • kidney problems
  • myocarditis
  • Bell's palsy
  • stroke
  • (et cetera)
Writing a long list of improbable outcomes in order to give the appearance of danger is disingenuous, to say the least. The reality is that the Infection Fatality Rate is 0.15% and getting lower and lower. The risk of Infection Injury is certainly higher than that number (I don't know what it is), but it's still a very low risk for the vast majority of people.

Quote:
Known long term rewards of vaccination:
It's not significant. The experimental gene therapies are probably the worst so-called "vaccines" in history. They don't prevent infection. There is evidence showing that viral loads in jabbed people are just as high as un-jabbed people without post-infection immunity, or higher. They appear, if you believe CDC statistics and pharma-sponsored studies, to reduce the likelihood of death or injury, for a disease in which the vast majority of people are already unlikely to experience death or injury.

Quote:
Known long term risks of vaccination:
  • myocarditis
  • Bell's palsy (possibly; see below)
  • stroke (possibly)
You neglected ADE, escape mutation, and impaired adaptive immune response and DNA damage, among many other possible known side effects and risks, not to mention the long term unknown risks that we can't enumerate.

You also completely ignored treatments, including not only alternative treatment that I have successfully used (vitamin C megadosing), but you also shun even pharmaceutical treatments like Ivermectin which are being suppressed because they're low-cost, and because they don't fit the narrative required to sell mass subscription immunity for life. These treatments are absolute game changers, but no one is interested over the din of vaccine mandates.

Quote:
As can be seen from those lists, the known long term risks of vaccination are also long term risks of COVID-19. Rational assessment of long term risk/reward examines quantitative data comparing the likelihood of those risks.
Indeed some of them are, and they stem from the S protein for which there is evidence it is harmful in and of itself, even absent the virus.

Quote:
For example:

Using arithmetic, numerate folk can use those estimates to calculate that the number of excess cases of Guillain–Barré syndrome in the United States that have been caused by the vaccines (multiply 38 by 19.3) is about the same as the number of excess cases that have been caused by COVID-19 (multiply 145 by 5.0). The vaccines do not confer perfect immunity, so that calculation tells numerate folks that vaccination does indeed involve some increased risk of Guillain–Barré syndrome.
The problem, is that no one reasonable trusts the VAERS data, or the corporate pharmaceutical-sponsored studies. Since we don't trust the data, your "numerate" computations are meaningless, and not convincing.

Quote:
To put that increased risk into perspective, we have already seen more than 20000 (twenty thousand) deaths per 10 million from COVID-19 in the United States. Guillain–Barré syndrome is treatable, with around 95% surviving the disease and 80% making a full recovery, so the 38 excess cases per 10 million implies approximately 2 deaths per 10 million. To justify that increased risk of Guillain–Barré syndrome, the vaccines would have to be effective enough to prevent one out of every ten thousand deaths from COVID-19. They are.
No one reasonable believes the Covid mortality stats either, except you and other pseudoskeptics. The subsidies and incentives for Covid deaths, coupled with the conspicuous absence of Influenza deaths makes it clear that the official death tolls are a joke. No one believes the infection statistics either, because of the paucity of testing, and the unreliability of both antigen and PCR tests. There are other calculations made by experimental gene therapy skeptics that suggest that the "therapies" are actually killing more people than they save.

In the absence of data that is actually trustworthy, we are left to speculate on VAERS data, or your corporate-pharmaceutical sponsored studies and their obvious conflicts of interest. As I suggested before, if we assume that 80% of the 18,078 deaths correlated by VAERS are actually caused by EGT, that's at least 14,462.4 deaths caused by the experimental gene therapies. If we assume that VAERS only reports 30% of actual deaths, then we arrive at my 48,208 figure of estimated deaths caused by the EGT. If we assume that VAERS under-reporting is as low as 7.2%, which is more than seven times the 1% cited in the Lazarus report, we get much closer to the 200,000 EGT-caused deaths that some EGT skeptics are talking about.

This is not unreasonable speculation.

Quote:
You're welcome, but while I sometimes appear to address myself to you, I try to write for a numerate and rational audience.
Neither does one arithmetic error make me innumerate, nor does your inability to conceive of statistical bias, as you cite from pharma-backed studies (the veracity of which whistleblowers have called into question, scroll up) make you innumerate, it just makes you less than wise, perhaps.

Last edited by Tippit; 16th November 2021 at 10:20 AM.
Tippit is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 10:25 AM   #2893
Tippit
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Planigale View Post
Well I spent a year unvaccinated working everyday with patients with covid and did not get it. Actually the chances of any one individual getting covid over a year was relatively low.
Good for you? Maybe you did get it, were asymptomatic, and any tests that were administered on you gave false negatives? In which case you sterilized the virus without ever even getting sick! How many times were you tested, and have you had an antibody test?

Quote:

Sterilising immunity may be a real thing, but not with covid, when we know re-infections occur and immunity wains relatively quickly.
We know the opposite is true, which is consistent with my own personal experience. CE just linked an article with 29 studies demonstrating it. Covid, a part from being a likely bioweapon, is nothing special. It's just a Coronavirus. It doesn't suspend the laws of immunobiology.

Last edited by Tippit; 16th November 2021 at 10:30 AM.
Tippit is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 10:40 AM   #2894
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator

The reality is that the Infection Fatality Rate is 0.15% and getting lower and lower.
Tippit is still having trouble doing arithmetic.

As I suggested before, if we assume that 80% of the 18,078 deaths correlated by VAERS are actually caused by EGT, that's at least 14,462.4 deaths caused by the experimental gene therapies. If we assume that VAERS only reports 30% of actual deaths, then we arrive at my 48,208 figure of estimated deaths caused by the EGT. If we assume that VAERS under-reporting is as low as 7.2%, which is more than seven times the 1% cited in the Lazarus report, we get much closer to the 200,000 EGT-caused deaths that some EGT skeptics are talking about.
People who choose to be foolish often choose to assume foolish things.
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 10:48 AM   #2895
Tippit
Illuminator

Citing someone else's IFR isn't an example of bad arithmetic.

Quote:

People who choose to be foolish often choose to assume foolish things.
It's presumptuous to think that fools "choose" to be foolish, any more than short people choose to be short. What you didn't do, however, is offer up a reason why you think my estimates are unreasonable. We have the VAERS number of correlated deaths, and we have the Lazarus report that indicates 1% under-reporting. In the absence of any trust for CDC and corporate-pharma sponsored studies, we are left to speculate with what we have.
Old 16th November 2021, 10:54 AM   #2896
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Yet another cement-headed, anti-vax, CT-lunatic croaks from the nothingburger.

Quote:
Scott Hilliard, 42, Ft Collins, CO, Biz owner, anti-vaxxer, dead from COVID.
According to social media posts Scott died 11/15/21 from COVID. It seems Scott had just moved back to his hometown in Colorado for a "fresh start". He'd recently started a website called newworldorder.life. It's difficult to tell what that's all about even after reading the blog posts. I did see that he is a follower of Tom Horn, who almost got featured here when he claimed that he had contracted COVID, but it seemed like a fake claim as he was pushing a new book. If you aren't familiar with him, Tom Horn is a kookbabbler like Russ Didzar and Steve Quayle who were featured on SAV. It seems like maybe Scott wanted to start his own kookbabbling site. I'm not sure. Anyway, Scott was definitely an anti-vaxxer and had decided way back in August 2020 that he wasn't going to get vaccinated. Also, strangely, it appears that getting COVID was the final straw in his relationship with his girlfriend. He claims she left him because "he didn't sound right", and "she could see he didn't want to be with her" when actually he was sick with COVID. Poor guy.
Kookbabbler dies alone because he kookbabbled

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 11:03 AM   #2897
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Blue Mountain View Post
What's your source for this number? According to Our World In Data, as of yesterday the USA had recorded 48,072,898 cases and 784,779 deaths, for an IFR of 0.016, or 1.6%. The number you quoted is off by an order of magnitude.
His source is that he is lying. It is a lie. He knows this, having been corrected a dozen times or more in this thread.

A short video just filmed an hour ago on a market in Arusha, Tanzania. A leading German dissident who is in exile there points out that these people have no TV, therefore they have no fear, therefore they have no pandemic. A miracle.

Honestly, the phrasing caught me off guard, like, wait, Germany is a liberal democracy; why would there be a German "dissident in exile?" Oh, there isn't one. He is a loony tune conspiracy theorist who moved to Africa by his own choice, so his kids can go to school without masks on, and he can get away from the investigation into his medical malpractice. You are funny sometimes.

Bodo Schiffmann bio:
  • Winner "golden tinfoil hat" award 2021 for his excellent work on Coronavirus conspiracy theories.
  • Issued fraudulent "mask exemption" certificates to patients without examining them first.
  • QAnon conspiracy theorist.
  • Denies man-made global warming.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 11:08 AM   #2898
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
His source is that he is lying. It is a lie. He knows this, having been corrected a dozen times or more in this thread.
Only one of the lies this discredited poster regularly regurgitates despite being corrected.

Quote:

Honestly, the phrasing caught me off guard, like, wait, Germany is a liberal democracy; why would there be a German "dissident in exile?" Oh, there isn't one. He is a loony tune conspiracy theorist who moved to Africa by his own choice, so his kids can go to school without masks on, and he can get away from the investigation into his medical malpractice. You are funny sometimes.

Bodo Schiffmann bio:
  • Winner "golden tinfoil hat" award 2021 for his excellent work on Coronavirus conspiracy theories.
  • Issued fraudulent "mask exemption" certificates to patients without examining them first.
  • QAnon conspiracy theorist.
  • Denies man-made global warming.
Lunatic CT-er expatriates because . . . lunatic CT-er.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 11:09 AM   #2899
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

You are completely clueless and just parrot what you got from cartel sources, carlitos. "Funny".
auf dem Thron
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 12:19 PM   #2900
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

You are completely clueless and just parrot what you got from cartel sources, carlitos. "Funny".
When in doubt ... "Fake news!"

The dimwit actually claimed that masks are killing people.

Yet more abject garbage in a never-ending stream of garbage citations.
Old 16th November 2021, 12:24 PM   #2901
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator

Citing someone else's IFR isn't an example of bad arithmetic.
If not bad arithmetic, it's dishonesty:
If every human being in America caught a disease with a 0.15% death rate, that would be half a million dead. Yet here we are, with 750,000 dead and only 15-20% of us have been infected so far. Pretty weird math, Tippit!
Originally Posted by Blue Mountain View Post
It's presumptuous to think that fools "choose" to be foolish, any more than short people choose to be short.
We should pity the fool.

Some fools are fools by choice, however, and that segment of the foolish population is over-represented among the coronavirus conspiracy theorists I know in real life. It would surprising if that were not true as well for conspiracy theorists who contribute to this thread.

What you didn't do, however, is offer up a reason why you think my estimates are unreasonable.

If you genuinely believe that, you need to work on your reading comprehension. Here is a sampling of recent posts in which I offer at least one reason to think your estimates are unreasonable:

We have the VAERS number of correlated deaths, and we have the Lazarus report that indicates 1% under-reporting. In the absence of any trust for CDC and corporate-pharma sponsored studies, we are left to speculate with what we have.
Your willful misinterpretation of VAERS data is addressed by several of the posts listed above. In the absence of any substantive rebuttal, you are left to speculate that almost all scientific studies and data are fraudulent.

I pity the fool.
Old 16th November 2021, 12:40 PM   #2902
Carrot Flower King
Graduate Poster

In other news, Gillian "No more a doctor then Ben Goldacre's dead cat" McKeith is back - https://www.indy100.com/celebrities/...sperm-b1958451 - and makes no more sense than she ever did...
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 12:55 PM   #2903
carlitos
"más divertido"

More Coronavirus CT news - Sherri Tenpenny is back in the news.

Quote:
Tenpenny declared that requiring non-vaccinated individuals to undergo regular COVID-19 testing is “torture” and that giving vaccines to children is modern-day “child sacrifice” and an effort to carry out “very, very, very, very late-term abortion.”

“We know that this is murder by injection,” she added. “You’re supposed to give this as sacrificing your children to Baaloch, to Baal. Child sacrifice being resurged in these final days from the Babylonian mystery schools, from the Tower of Babel and the descendants of Nimrod. And this is what is happening. And if you see anybody participating in this, you need to be challenging them about what they are doing to their spirituality and what they are sacrificing their children to.”

“We’ve sacrificed over 60 million unborn babies in abortion,” she continued. “We have multiple states in this country who actually allow late-term abortion. Now we are doing very, very, very, very late-term abortion by killing 5-year-olds.”
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 01:03 PM   #2904
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

More Coronavirus CT news - Sherri Tenpenny is back in the news.
Spreading out more bull **** without any hint of smelling how bull **** it is. Or, a typical COVID CT-er.

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by Resume; 16th November 2021 at 02:06 PM.
Old 16th November 2021, 01:09 PM   #2905
Axxman300
Philosopher

So...the risks from getting the vaccine are pretty much the same as the risk of eating fast food and or taking Ibuprofen...I'm like Leroy Jenkins then...
Old 16th November 2021, 01:47 PM   #2906
Chris_Halkides
Penultimate Amazing

radiation and nanotechnology "detox"

"The ingredients in the bath are mostly not harmful, although the supposed benefits attached to them are entirely fictional. Baking soda and epsom salts, she falsely claims, will provide a “radiation detox” to remove radiation Madej falsely believes is activated by the vaccine. Bentonite clay will add a “major pull of poison,” she says, based on a mistaken idea in anti-vaccine communities that toxins can be removed from the body with certain therapies." Yahoo News

I am putting this article in the present thread because the people taking the baths apparently believe that there are radiation or harmful nanotechnologies in the vaccines.
Old 16th November 2021, 02:16 PM   #2907
carlitos
"más divertido"

I learned in the latest Bond movie that you can't ever get rid of the nanobots. Once you get them on you, it's permanent.
Old 16th November 2021, 03:18 PM   #2908
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

I learned in the latest Bond movie that you can't ever get rid of the nanobots. Once you get them on you, it's permanent.
I hear *they* are working on a vaccine that will get rid of nanobots. It uses magnetism to neutralize them. All those reluctantly vaccinated people should be first in line for this one.
Old 16th November 2021, 03:35 PM   #2909
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Well this one is easy. Bubba believes anyone he agrees with, and if Bubba agrees with them they are experts.
Well of course - simples.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 03:41 PM   #2910
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
No, they're British. They've never been billed for any of the many medical treatments (including heart surgery and cancer surgery) that they've had.
Of course I forgot your nationality - but it would apply to Americans.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 03:47 PM   #2911
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Yes losing 16 people dead isn't bad at all - out of 1,000 of course you are pretending that you don't know that a very large percent of the people who survive Covid have long term health problems. So T what is that current percentage or do you want to another round of- I won't answer questions I don't like? lol

Additionally what is the average medical bill for a Covid survivor? For one who has been in an ICU for weeks - care to comment?

""Average cost of hospital care for COVID-19 ranges from $51,000 to $78,000, based on age""

https://www.healthcarefinancenews.co...8000-based-age

""The cost of hospital stays over 15 days jumped significantly, although there were not enough patients under 20 who were hospitalized for this long for FAIR Health to report on. Patients aged 21 to 40 paid the most for these longer hospitalizations, on average paying $980,821. The over 60 age group paid the least – about $460,989.""

You seem you are down playing the effects for what reason? A debate tactic? Are you in the pay of the Rothschild's. That would explain why you take your belief that they are taking over the world with so little concern?

Here's a fun comparison for you a percentage of casualties in WW2 per 1,000 people of our population:

Combat livability (out of 1,000): 8.6 were killed in action, 3 died from other causes, and 17.7 received non-fatal combat wounds. So the killed rate is less than that of Covid yet it wasn't considered trivial - why do you pretend it is?

https://www.nationalww2museum.org/st...litary-numbers
Tippit did you miss this? For your reading pleasure I've repeated it.

Serious do you still hold that US casualties in WW2 were trivial?

What about long term health problems for covid survivors? Trivial?

What about massive medical debt from surviving Covid with long periods in the ICU....trivial again?

As for you being FREE - don't you believe that everyone - to including you - is a slave of the folks you believe controls all the banks? How are you free in that situation?
Old 16th November 2021, 05:28 PM   #2912
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Have you asked anyone whether or not they felt forced, when they didnt want to be jabbed, but did so to keep their paycheck in order to feed kids and avoid loss of home....or gave up a career, weeks or days before pension day?

Oh wait, they 'made a choice', right...?

See #2785
I don't care. I'm redoing the floors and painting my house. Because of the pandemic supply chain related shortages, I couldn't get enough of the flooring I wanted. I have a deadline with Christmas and guests coming and I had to settle for the white/grey travertine instead of the alternating white and black squares I wanted for the "bunk room" (I'm furnishing it with metal military style bunk beds and I ordered WWI/II poster art for the walls. The beds will be made with Swiss Army blankets with a red stripe to give the room a punch color. It's for when the nieces and nephews visit or the lads have to much at a get together and need to sleep it off). With the all white/grey tiles, instead of an homage to the 1940s, it looked like a dorm room in a re-education camp.

The people not getting shots are causing our supply chain shortages. I know they have deeply held beliefs, but I have a specific vision for how I want the house to turn out. Their beliefs are getting in the way of my design choices and they need to give them up so I can get the correct tile.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 06:20 PM   #2913
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I don't care. I'm redoing the floors and painting my house. Because of the pandemic supply chain related shortages, I couldn't get enough of the flooring I wanted. I have a deadline with Christmas and guests coming and I had to settle for the white/grey travertine instead of the alternating white and black squares I wanted for the "bunk room" (I'm furnishing it with metal military style bunk beds and I ordered WWI/II poster art for the walls. The beds will be made with Swiss Army blankets with a red stripe to give the room a punch color. It's for when the nieces and nephews visit or the lads have to much at a get together and need to sleep it off). With the all white/grey tiles, instead of an homage to the 1940s, it looked like a dorm room in a re-education camp.

The people not getting shots are causing our supply chain shortages. I know they have deeply held beliefs, but I have a specific vision for how I want the house to turn out. Their beliefs are getting in the way of my design choices and they need to give them up so I can get the correct tile.
Doesn't really matter. Tippit has claimed that he is a rich old white man who does not need to work because he is wealthy and retired. Thus he must be an expert in everything.

Think about that.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 06:23 PM   #2914
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Doesn't really matter. Tippit has claimed that he is a rich old white man who does not need to work because he is wealthy and retired. Thus he must be an expert in everything.

Think about that.
I don't call myself rich but I have enough money to pay for all the tile I need if there is enough of the tile I want. You can't pay for something that's not there. The antivaxxers need to give in so I can have expanded tile choices.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 07:13 PM   #2915
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Please share what you'd have me know of what skepticism is, and tell me how I have no idea of it.

Thnx

PM, or put it in on topic terms
Okay.

I'd have you know that skepticism is a constant search for truth. It's not perfect - even skeptics can be fooled and can be wrong. But the process of skepticism consists of constantly doing our best to be as truthful and honest as we can be. Skepticism is not a dogma. It is not a body of knowledge. It is a method - an approach to viewing the world through the lens of truth so we can navigate our way through times that can often be difficult and confusing. Skeptics take comfort in truth, but they are always aware of the ways in which they can be wrong.

Living through a pandemic is certainly difficult and confusing. But skeptics understand the need for expertise. We know that it is not possible to know everything about everything, but we have the humility to recognise that those who dedicate their lives and their careers to narrow scientific specialisations - such as virology and epidemiology - have more knowledge and understanding of these subjects than we do. We also understand that most scientists - unlike politicians or purveyors of health supplements - are generally honest and report facts accurately, because it is their job, their career, to do so. Do we have absolute assurance of this? No, we don't. But we have a pretty reliable trend. And we have seen examples of scientists who have lost their jobs, their careers, because they failed to uphold this principle of honesty.

Skeptics recognise that the track record of science is very impressive. Scientists, unlike astrologers, make predictions that actually come true. Scientists, unlike homeopaths, acknowledge when they have been wrong about something, and change their point of view accordingly. Scientists, unlike Bigfoot hunters, actually produce verifiable evidence to support their conclusions. And scientists, unlike conspiracy theorists, acknowledge that all conclusions are provisional and may be modified in the future because of new information.

Some scientists said some things at the beginning of this pandemic that turned out not to be true. Did they stick to their guns? No, they didn't. They corrected themselves and started saying things that were more true, because that's their job. Over the course of this pandemic, more and more true things became known, and now, two years later, we know a lot of true things about it. Do we know everything? No, we do not. But we're always searching for more true things to know.

Skeptics recognise the tremendous role that scientific expertise plays in the progress of civilisation and technology, and in understanding the wonderful and confusing universe that surrounds us. That is a recognition that is missing from mercola.com. It is missing from childrenshealthdefense.org. It is missing from @drtenpenny.

That is what I'd have you know about skepticism and its role during the pandemic. Do I, after spending over an hour composing this post, think that I'll change your mind? I do not. Because the evidence does not support that conclusion.

Last edited by arthwollipot; 16th November 2021 at 07:18 PM.
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 07:19 PM   #2916
eerok
Quixoticist

Canadians speak.

70% Canadians support dismissal of employees who refuse COVID-19 vaccines: poll

Idiots can go die if they want. That's the price of denying science.
Old 16th November 2021, 08:33 PM   #2917
Bubba
Philosopher

Okay.

I'd have you know that skepticism is a constant search for truth. It's not perfect - even skeptics can be fooled and can be wrong. But the process of skepticism consists of constantly doing our best to be as truthful and honest as we can be. Skepticism is not a dogma. It is not a body of knowledge. It is a method - an approach to viewing the world through the lens of truth so we can navigate our way through times that can often be difficult and confusing. Skeptics take comfort in truth, but they are always aware of the ways in which they can be wrong.

Living through a pandemic is certainly difficult and confusing. But skeptics understand the need for expertise. We know that it is not possible to know everything about everything, but we have the humility to recognise that those who dedicate their lives and their careers to narrow scientific specialisations - such as virology and epidemiology - have more knowledge and understanding of these subjects than we do. We also understand that most scientists - unlike politicians or purveyors of health supplements - are generally honest and report facts accurately, because it is their job, their career, to do so. Do we have absolute assurance of this? No, we don't. But we have a pretty reliable trend. And we have seen examples of scientists who have lost their jobs, their careers, because they failed to uphold this principle of honesty.

Skeptics recognise that the track record of science is very impressive. Scientists, unlike astrologers, make predictions that actually come true. Scientists, unlike homeopaths, acknowledge when they have been wrong about something, and change their point of view accordingly. Scientists, unlike Bigfoot hunters, actually produce verifiable evidence to support their conclusions. And scientists, unlike conspiracy theorists, acknowledge that all conclusions are provisional and may be modified in the future because of new information.

Some scientists said some things at the beginning of this pandemic that turned out not to be true. Did they stick to their guns? No, they didn't. They corrected themselves and started saying things that were more true, because that's their job. Over the course of this pandemic, more and more true things became known, and now, two years later, we know a lot of true things about it. Do we know everything? No, we do not. But we're always searching for more true things to know.

Skeptics recognise the tremendous role that scientific expertise plays in the progress of civilisation and technology, and in understanding the wonderful and confusing universe that surrounds us. That is a recognition that is missing from mercola.com. It is missing from childrenshealthdefense.org. It is missing from @drtenpenny.

That is what I'd have you know about skepticism and its role during the pandemic. Do I, after spending over an hour composing this post, think that I'll change your mind? I do not. Because the evidence does not support that conclusion.

You might be surprised.

Thanks for taking the time to compose it.

I might quibble with the highlited bits, and some other parts, plus that part where the whole thing apparently stands on pretending the ongoing raging Lysenkoism silencing dissident scientists is nonexistent.

Other than that, its cute.

Last edited by Bubba; 16th November 2021 at 08:40 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th November 2021, 08:39 PM   #2918
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

You might be surprised.

Thanks for taking the time to compose it.

Id quibble with the highlited, and other parts
You may do so, but this is a very important and fundamental aspect of skepticism. No-one who doesn't acknowledge that all knowledge is provisional can rightly call themself a skeptic.
Old 16th November 2021, 08:41 PM   #2919
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

...plus the part where the whole thing seems to stand on pretending the Lysenkoism silencing dissident scientists is nonexistent.

Other than that, its cute.
The Lysenko situation had nothing to do with science and everything to do with politics.
Old 16th November 2021, 08:46 PM   #2920
Bubba
Philosopher

From the mouths of

The Lysenko situation had nothing to do with science and everything to do with politics.

Bingo...you got it !

Its not scientists doing the silencing...true then, and true now.

Its politics, or worse

Last edited by Bubba; 16th November 2021 at 08:49 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories