ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 2nd July 2014, 04:47 PM   #1
Gaetan
Master Poster
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,383
Money/inequalities - Part 2

Mod InfoContinued from here.
Posted By:LashL



Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
The price of gas is not the same all over. Some gas stations have cheaper rent and they are able to sell the gas cheaper than a station where the rent is higher. Competition does not cause all businesses to lose money. If that were true, all stores would have closed (i.e. McDonald's and Burger King)
Think, there can't be competition because every one would go where it is cheapest, all groceries they are all the same price because people would go at the grocerie where it is cheap to buy food, other groceries would loose clients and soon be out of business, can't you understand such thing so easy to understand, there is no free market Under money capitalist system, there is no competition, it is all collusion.

Last edited by LashL; 5th July 2014 at 01:48 PM.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2014, 05:01 PM   #2
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,013
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Think, there can't be competition because every one would go where it is cheapest, all groceries they are all the same price because people would go at the grocerie where it is cheap to buy food, other groceries would loose clients and soon be out of business, can't you understand such thing so easy to understand, there is no free market Under money capitalist system, there is no competition, it is all collusion.
Not true. Price is not always someone's concern. Convenience stores often cost more than other retailers but they are located in "convenient" places. Thus people don't mind paying a little extra to get a cup of coffee and a donut while they fill up gas.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2014, 08:48 PM   #3
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics
 
psionl0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 3157'S 11557'E
Posts: 11,074
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
............ just look at the price of gaz, they are all the same.
http://www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au
__________________
"The process by which banks create money is so simple that the mind is repelled. Where something so important is involved, a deeper mystery seems only decent." - Galbraith, 1975
psionl0 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2014, 09:41 PM   #4
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,922
You failed to show collusion.
you redfined the meaning of the word.
you stretched the definition until it twangs.
and you STILL failed to show collusion.

Admit your ill informed opinion is plain old wrong.
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2014, 03:24 AM   #5
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 15,372
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
You don't have arguments, what you say don't make sense, if there would be competition all businessmen would loose money, there can't be competition with capitalism and money, there is no free market, it is all collusion, just look at the price of gaz, they are all the same.
No they are not. Before I fill up my car, I check online for the cheapest price and that is where I go.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2014, 05:05 AM   #6
Gaetan
Master Poster
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,383
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
No they are not. Before I fill up my car, I check online for the cheapest price and that is where I go.
They are all the same price, it is all collusion, that's marketing, what they do is to lower the price one day to draw some clients, to make them believe they are cheap, and the next day they rise their price to compansate for their lost, in a month or a year, it doesn't make any difference, the price of the gaz of one station to the station next street is the same. There is no free market Under capitalism money system, it can't exist.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2014, 07:12 AM   #7
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 15,372
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
They are all the same price, it is all collusion, that's marketing, what they do is to lower the price one day to draw some clients, to make them believe they are cheap, and the next day they rise their price to compansate for their lost, in a month or a year, it doesn't make any difference, the price of the gaz of one station to the station next street is the same. There is no free market Under capitalism money system, it can't exist.
And you are wrong. Plain flat out wrong.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2014, 08:39 AM   #8
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics
 
psionl0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 3157'S 11557'E
Posts: 11,074
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
...... the price of the gaz of one station to the station next street is the same.
I just proved you 100% wrong.

Game, set and match.
__________________
"The process by which banks create money is so simple that the mind is repelled. Where something so important is involved, a deeper mystery seems only decent." - Galbraith, 1975
psionl0 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2014, 01:20 PM   #9
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,922
So prices may be different, but that proves they are the same really?

How would you prove this with evidence?
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2014, 03:17 PM   #10
Gaetan
Master Poster
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,383
Originally Posted by Tomtomkent View Post
So prices may be different, but that proves they are the same really?

How would you prove this with evidence?
When you come out of the grocerie you paid the same price as other groceries, this is all collusion, no free market at all, free market can't exist Under capitalism system because every businessman would loose money, so they got to get along together for higher price.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2014, 06:03 PM   #11
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,013
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
When you come out of the grocerie you paid the same price as other groceries, this is all collusion, no free market at all, free market can't exist Under capitalism system because every businessman would loose money, so they got to get along together for higher price.
You've said it but you've provided no evidence. Seems like everyone else here has experienced the exact opposite and provided evidence that your claim is wrong. You'll have to do better than that.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2014, 12:03 AM   #12
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,922
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
When you come out of the grocerie you paid the same price as other groceries, this is all collusion, no free market at all, free market can't exist Under capitalism system because every businessman would loose money, so they got to get along together for higher price.
Well, that does not explain how you would prove the point with evidence.

You have claimed that when prices are the same they are collusion.
When they are not the same, this is collusion.
You claim there is no free market.

I am asking you how would prove this. How would you show that varied and diverse market forces and industries collude to ensure there is no freedom of market. I am asking how you will prove their co-operation. With evidence.

This is your chance to prove your critics wrong and show your argument has a basis in reality. Do you understand why evidence is key to this?

Or are you happy to continue to make terrible and weighty accusations about a lot of strangers with out providing any basis for the terrible things you suggest?
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2014, 05:48 AM   #13
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Prosperity, AZ
Posts: 27,658
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
When you come out of the grocerie you paid the same price as other groceries, this is all collusion, no free market at all, free market can't exist Under capitalism system because every businessman would loose money, so they got to get along together for higher price.
Then you should be happy since it's the exact same process that you're proposing, everything being the same price.

I'm glad that you agree we should stick with a monetary system.

I would invite you to open your own grocery store and set your own prices, keeping in mind that you won't collude with other grocery store owners. Report back here with your results.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2014, 07:01 AM   #14
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics
 
psionl0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 3157'S 11557'E
Posts: 11,074
Originally Posted by Tomtomkent View Post
Well, that does not explain how you would prove the point with evidence.
That's not how trolls work. It's much easier to pretend that the evidence wasn't provided and to simply repeat your claim as if nobody has responded to it.
__________________
"The process by which banks create money is so simple that the mind is repelled. Where something so important is involved, a deeper mystery seems only decent." - Galbraith, 1975
psionl0 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2014, 09:42 AM   #15
Gaetan
Master Poster
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,383
Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
That's not how trolls work. It's much easier to pretend that the evidence wasn't provided and to simply repeat your claim as if nobody has responded to it.
Consumers want to have the LOWEST price, but it can't be Under capitalism system because the ones making products want to have big houses, swimming pools, partys, and prostitutes for their clients, so you fellows won't pay the Lowest price as it would be Under free market but the highest price Under the system of collusion to make capitalists businessmen happy, that's the way things works.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2014, 09:54 AM   #16
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,013
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Consumers want to have the LOWEST price, but it can't be Under capitalism system because the ones making products want to have big houses, swimming pools, partys, and prostitutes for their clients, so you fellows won't pay the Lowest price as it would be Under free market but the highest price Under the system of collusion to make capitalists businessmen happy, that's the way things works.
Do you not have a Walmart or Costco in your area? They would easily prove you wrong.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2014, 02:07 PM   #17
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics
 
psionl0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 3157'S 11557'E
Posts: 11,074
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
.............. (pure drivel) ................
That's not a response to anything I posted. It's just more trolling.
__________________
"The process by which banks create money is so simple that the mind is repelled. Where something so important is involved, a deeper mystery seems only decent." - Galbraith, 1975
psionl0 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2014, 05:46 PM   #18
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Prosperity, AZ
Posts: 27,658
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Consumers want to have the LOWEST price, but it can't be Under capitalism system because the ones making products want to have big houses, swimming pools, partys, and prostitutes for their clients, so you fellows won't pay the Lowest price as it would be Under free market but the highest price Under the system of collusion to make capitalists businessmen happy, that's the way things works.
What were your results when you opened your own grocery store and set your own prices without colluding with other grocers?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2014, 09:35 PM   #19
stevea
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,030
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
[info=LashL]Continued from here.[/info
Why are you splitting that turgid, thread except to hear yourself quack ?

Quote:
Think, there can't be competition because every one would go where it is cheapest, all groceries they are all the same price because [...]
Your claim is MASSIVELY counterfactual. No one even vaguely acquainted with reality can believe your nonsense.

Every week 6 or 7 local groceries send free fliers to my home advertising their prices on specific items. One of the "members club" grocers has better average prices, but requires larger average quantity purchases. A big-box chain has good average prices, a wider and a consistent selection. A local place offer optimal prices, but they offer items on an irregular basis, based on overruns and availability and such. Another has a large selection of organic and gluten free offerings as well has an impressive but expensive deli&butcher counter. Several have in-house bakeries with varying quality. One offers a great selection of local produce, another has very good seafood - but only at a premium price. Even when we get to a pure commodity - a bottle of name-brand cola or soup - then price is still just one factor among many. I also consider the quantity purchase required, the length of checkout lines, the types of payment they accept, and even whether they assist in loading groceries into my car. Several of these grocers offer "kickback" plans for everything from cash back, discounted fuel, and other 'perks'

There is INTENSE competition amongst grocers and only the silliest of geese would fail to recognize this fact.

In other arena's with faster-changing technology like computers or cell/smart phones no rational person can evade the conclusion that there is massive competition benefiting the consumer.


It's hard to imagine that your intentions are anything other than trolling Gaetan.

Last edited by stevea; 5th July 2014 at 09:38 PM.
stevea is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2014, 09:13 AM   #20
Gaetan
Master Poster
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,383
Originally Posted by stevea View Post
Why are you splitting that turgid, thread except to hear yourself quack ?



Your claim is MASSIVELY counterfactual. No one even vaguely acquainted with reality can believe your nonsense.

Every week 6 or 7 local groceries send free fliers to my home advertising their prices on specific items. One of the "members club" grocers has better average prices, but requires larger average quantity purchases. A big-box chain has good average prices, a wider and a consistent selection. A local place offer optimal prices, but they offer items on an irregular basis, based on overruns and availability and such. Another has a large selection of organic and gluten free offerings as well has an impressive but expensive deli&butcher counter. Several have in-house bakeries with varying quality. One offers a great selection of local produce, another has very good seafood - but only at a premium price. Even when we get to a pure commodity - a bottle of name-brand cola or soup - then price is still just one factor among many. I also consider the quantity purchase required, the length of checkout lines, the types of payment they accept, and even whether they assist in loading groceries into my car. Several of these grocers offer "kickback" plans for everything from cash back, discounted fuel, and other 'perks'

There is INTENSE competition amongst grocers and only the silliest of geese would fail to recognize this fact.

In other arena's with faster-changing technology like computers or cell/smart phones no rational person can evade the conclusion that there is massive competition benefiting the consumer.


It's hard to imagine that your intentions are anything other than trolling Gaetan.
They are all the same price, it is because they offer different things, different goods, different quality, different market, different price, same market same price. And, by the way, it is not customers who dictate the prices, the price of capitalist goods is made by the colleages of the spiritual father of money and capitalism, Satan, all prices: barley, iron, alluminium, gold is the same, it is world wide the same price.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2014, 10:17 AM   #21
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Prosperity, AZ
Posts: 27,658
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
They are all the same price, it is because they offer different things, different goods, different quality, different market, different price, same market same price. And, by the way, it is not customers who dictate the prices, the price of capitalist goods is made by the colleages of the spiritual father of money and capitalism, Satan, all prices: barley, iron, alluminium, gold is the same, it is world wide the same price.
Your arguments seem to be getting further from reality and sanity with each post.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2014, 11:27 AM   #22
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics
 
psionl0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 3157'S 11557'E
Posts: 11,074
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
................. (more drivel) ..................
__________________
"The process by which banks create money is so simple that the mind is repelled. Where something so important is involved, a deeper mystery seems only decent." - Galbraith, 1975
psionl0 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2014, 12:06 PM   #23
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Central Scrutinizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 52,851
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Think, there can't be competition because every one would go where it is cheapest, all groceries they are all the same price because people would go at the grocerie where it is cheap to buy food, other groceries would loose clients and soon be out of business, can't you understand such thing so easy to understand, there is no free market Under money capitalist system, there is no competition, it is all collusion.
Conspiracy subforum is thataway =======>

Having said that, I'll pay more to shop at a nicer store. I don't generally shop at Wal-Mart. Why? Not because I have anything against them, but in my experience, they tend to draw a....ummmm...."lower class" of shopper. There's a reason there's a People of Walmart website, and not a People of Macy's.
__________________
If I see somebody with a gun on a plane? I'll kill him.

Lupus is Lupus tor central scrutineezer
The Central Scrutinizer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2014, 10:28 PM   #24
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,013
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
They are all the same price, it is because they offer different things, different goods, different quality, different market, different price, same market same price. And, by the way, it is not customers who dictate the prices, the price of capitalist goods is made by the colleages of the spiritual father of money and capitalism, Satan, all prices: barley, iron, alluminium, gold is the same, it is world wide the same price.
Gaetan, you have this habit of asserting things as if there were evidence but there isn't. How would owners of all stores "collude" with each other? Are you actually suggesting they have meetings to set prices so they are all the same? If you really believe that, I have swamp land in Sonoran desert to sell you.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2014, 05:33 AM   #25
Gaetan
Master Poster
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,383
Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
Gaetan, you have this habit of asserting things as if there were evidence but there isn't. How would owners of all stores "collude" with each other? Are you actually suggesting they have meetings to set prices so they are all the same? If you really believe that, I have swamp land in Sonoran desert to sell you.
They talk together when no one knows the bet like in government or cities contracts, but in other markets they don't need to do that since the prices of goods in stores is well known, this means a gaz station just have to look across the street.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2014, 05:52 AM   #26
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Prosperity, AZ
Posts: 27,658
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
They talk together when no one knows the bet like in government or cities contracts, but in other markets they don't need to do that since the prices of goods in stores is well known, this means a gaz station just have to look across the street.
And yet, one just has to look at a few gas stations to see that they don't all charge the same price. Same for grocery stores.

What were your results when you opened a grocery store and set your own prices without colluding with other grocery store owners? Did anyone come and make you collude with other grocery store owners to set your prices?

If not, why not?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2014, 10:16 AM   #27
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,013
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
They talk together when no one knows the bet like in government or cities contracts, but in other markets they don't need to do that since the prices of goods in stores is well known, this means a gaz station just have to look across the street.
I'm not sure where you live but in my city, stores have weekly sales and specials. Stores do not have the same items on sale and specials. Is this a form of collusion or yet another piece of evidence that you are dead wrong?
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2014, 04:49 PM   #28
Gaetan
Master Poster
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,383
Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
I'm not sure where you live but in my city, stores have weekly sales and specials. Stores do not have the same items on sale and specials. Is this a form of collusion or yet another piece of evidence that you are dead wrong?
That means nothing, same market, same price, that's marketing, i explained this to you previously, what they do is to lower one price but they rise other prices to compensate, but if you compare prices in a market to prices in the correspounding same market, it is the same price, simply because if they would have different prices all the consumers would go to the lowest market and the highest market would simply loose all his customers and have to close, so that's why it got to be the same price, it is collusion, so they agree to sale to costomers with a margin of profit, it can't work otherwise. So free market are idioties you hear in medias for the glory of capitalism and others Satan business but it is not possible in practice.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2014, 05:25 PM   #29
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Prosperity, AZ
Posts: 27,658
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
That means nothing, same market, same price, that's marketing, i explained this to you previously, what they do is to lower one price but they rise other prices to compensate, but if you compare prices in a market to prices in the correspounding same market, it is the same price, simply because if they would have different prices all the consumers would go to the lowest market and the highest market would simply loose all his customers and have to close, so that's why it got to be the same price, it is collusion, so they agree to sale to costomers with a margin of profit, it can't work otherwise. So free market are idioties you hear in medias for the glory of capitalism and others Satan business but it is not possible in practice.
Seriously, your arguments are becoming more insane and incoherent with every post.

If things are the same price, that's proof of collusion. If they're different prices, that's proof of collusion. Tell me about the djinns and aliens again. At least that was consistent.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2014, 05:54 PM   #30
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,013
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
That means nothing, same market, same price, that's marketing, i explained this to you previously, what they do is to lower one price but they rise other prices to compensate, but if you compare prices in a market to prices in the correspounding same market, it is the same price, simply because if they would have different prices all the consumers would go to the lowest market and the highest market would simply loose all his customers and have to close, so that's why it got to be the same price, it is collusion, so they agree to sale to costomers with a margin of profit, it can't work otherwise. So free market are idioties you hear in medias for the glory of capitalism and others Satan business but it is not possible in practice.
Gaetan, you are wrong.

Your no money world cannot work and will never be implemented.

You better start working on a new plan.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2014, 11:13 PM   #31
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,013
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
That means nothing, same market, same price, that's marketing, i explained this to you previously, what they do is to lower one price but they rise other prices to compensate, but if you compare prices in a market to prices in the correspounding same market, it is the same price, simply because if they would have different prices all the consumers would go to the lowest market and the highest market would simply loose all his customers and have to close, so that's why it got to be the same price, it is collusion, so they agree to sale to costomers with a margin of profit, it can't work otherwise. So free market are idioties you hear in medias for the glory of capitalism and others Satan business but it is not possible in practice.
I hope Gaetan has finally seen the error in his ways. While there are inequalities in the world, removing money or ripping people off and giving their money to the poo is an idea that just cannot possibly work. The US already (sort of) does this by taxing people and then giving government entitlements to millions of people. For that reason, the welfare recipients of the US live better than most of the less civilized world.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2014, 12:18 AM   #32
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics
 
psionl0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 3157'S 11557'E
Posts: 11,074
Darn it! Now you will have Gaetan trolling again.
__________________
"The process by which banks create money is so simple that the mind is repelled. Where something so important is involved, a deeper mystery seems only decent." - Galbraith, 1975
psionl0 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2014, 05:44 AM   #33
Gaetan
Master Poster
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,383
Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
I hope Gaetan has finally seen the error in his ways. While there are inequalities in the world, removing money or ripping people off and giving their money to the poo is an idea that just cannot possibly work. The US already (sort of) does this by taxing people and then giving government entitlements to millions of people. For that reason, the welfare recipients of the US live better than most of the less civilized world.
The capitalist system the oligarques put in your brain doesn't work but only for them. don't you have enough lucidity to understand that?
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2014, 11:09 PM   #34
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,013
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
The capitalist system the oligarques put in your brain doesn't work but only for them. don't you have enough lucidity to understand that?
Whatever we have now will work better than your no money system.

You have yet to post any actual evidence that your system can work.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2014, 11:43 PM   #35
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,922
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
The capitalist system the oligarques put in your brain doesn't work but only for them. don't you have enough lucidity to understand that?
Lucidity is not an aid to understanding your unevidenced claims.
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2014, 09:02 AM   #36
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Prosperity, AZ
Posts: 27,658
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
the highest price Under the system of collusion to make capitalists businessmen happy, that's the way things works.
I'll assume it's either your ignorance of reality or your ignorance of fair trade practices in the US that make you so wrong.

You may wish to learn about the Sherman Anti-Trust act of 1890 and the Federal Trade Commission Act of 1914 before saying any more such inanities.

You're welcome.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2014, 05:53 AM   #37
Gaetan
Master Poster
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,383
Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
I'll assume it's either your ignorance of reality or your ignorance of fair trade practices in the US that make you so wrong.

You may wish to learn about the Sherman Anti-Trust act of 1890 and the Federal Trade Commission Act of 1914 before saying any more such inanities.

You're welcome.
They are all the same price and it is in the US that cell phone companies takes more profit, you should tell your lawers to investigate that. it has to be the same price because all consumers would go to the lowest bargain, don't you are enough lucid to understand that.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2014, 06:15 AM   #38
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Prosperity, AZ
Posts: 27,658
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
They are all the same price and it is in the US that cell phone companies takes more profit, you should tell your lawers to investigate that. it has to be the same price because all consumers would go to the lowest bargain, don't you are enough lucid to understand that.
You'll need to show evidence for collusion before I'll take you seriously. I've referred you to two Acts which make your tin foil hat accusations moot. What did you think about those two Acts and how far back they go?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2014, 06:34 AM   #39
Gaetan
Master Poster
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,383
Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
You'll need to show evidence for collusion before I'll take you seriously. I've referred you to two Acts which make your tin foil hat accusations moot. What did you think about those two Acts and how far back they go?
The law says that you can't exceed the speed limit but everybody does that. If you would have free market you would always pay the non profit price, this means the market wouldn't make any profit and others that can't level with that would desappear, so they all agree to sale the same price with a margin of fair profit.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2014, 06:41 AM   #40
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Prosperity, AZ
Posts: 27,658
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
The law says that you can't exceed the speed limit but everybody does that. If you would have free market you would always pay the non profit price, this means the market wouldn't make any profit and others that can't level with that would desappear, so they all agree to sale the same price with a margin of fair profit.
I'm glad to see that you admit that actions against fair trade are illegal in the US. And people who speed get tickets and pay fines and people who collude and fix prices or do other actions that impede fair trade also get caught and have sanctions.

Do people break the law where you are? What happens to them when they do?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:45 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.