ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brilliant Light Power , free energy , Randell Mills

Closed Thread
Old 19th March 2017, 05:11 PM   #2521
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
I don't have a massive R&D budget, but I figured that even so, I could get ahead of Mills's extremely slow progress, and do it without running afoul of his limited and narrow patents. My new generator dispenses with the hydrogen-hydrino reaction entirely, in favor of a far more easily catalyzed nitrogen-nitrino process.

In my reactor, a heat-resistant chamber is equipped with apertures permitting the controlled introduction of nitrogen gas (mixed with other gas species whose presence does not hinder the reaction) and the controlled venting of reaction products. The nitrogen fuel mix (which I call Anodic Integrated Reagent, or AIR) passes through a matrix of manifolds of a complex nanostructure of refined cellulose and other secret organic catalysts, designed to catalyze Leptonically Optimized Ground States (LOGS). Only a brief low-power ignition (using a Molecular Activated Thermal Catalysis of Heat device) is required to initiate the nitrogen-nitrino reaction within the LOGS. In my small-scale preliminary experiments I have already produced up to 30 Kilowatts of excess thermal energy continuously for over 15,000 seconds with no electrical supply input during that entire period.

The only remaining technical problem to solve is that the current LOGS design is not yet thermally stable during the nitrino reaction. By about 15 kiloseconds the matrix suffers serious structural degradation and by 20 kiloseconds it has disintegrated completely. Despite this difficulty, my progress so far already represents several orders of magnitude improvement over any of Mills's demonstrations in every meaningful metric, including:

- Longer duration of sustained reaction
- Larger total energy generation during sustained reaction
- Lower fuel gas cost of AIR vs. hydrogen
- Lower replacement reactor component cost of LOGS vs. silver or exotic metal electrodes
- Lower materials cost and technical complexity of the reaction vessel

I am confident that with a modest investment in further R&D the minor hurdle of reactor component durability can be overcome within ten to twelve months.

Who wants to get in on the ground floor? Twenty million dollars should be sufficient for the project, and I'll offer in return a 3.6 percent equity stake in my new company Smokin' Hot Power, which equates to a share of the entire world's energy future.

Markie, your efforts in this thread have earned you first dibs. Are you interested?
With no electrical input whatsoever? I'm indeed skeptical! I mean, this is the twenty-first century. Nothing works without electricity. That's just crazy talk!
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th March 2017, 05:31 PM   #2522
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by markie View Post
There has been no refutationindependent confirmation of this kind of result.

FTFY. The burden, as I'm sure you know, lies solely with Mills to publish with sufficient transparency such that truly independent researchers can try to confirm his results. A for-profit outfit just might, who knows, but it's hard to imagine an academic willing to risk their career in the absence of a self-consistent theoretical basis that doesn't contradict fundamental physics.
Old 19th March 2017, 05:43 PM   #2523
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
With no electrical input whatsoever? I'm indeed skeptical! I mean, this is the twenty-first century. Nothing works without electricity. That's just crazy talk!

The post is sneakily omitting the reaction is initiated by a high newton impact between a potassium chlorate striker and a red phosphorus pad.

Various electrical ignition systems could be employed but then the system would lose the "no electricity at all" panache. Besides, by bypassing electricity completely there are no questions about the point where the reaction no longer needs additional energy from the grid.

Brilliant really.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th March 2017, 05:47 PM   #2524
jonesdave116
Graduate Poster

Heck, if anybody wants to know about the 2015 "paper", do please pm me. There is nothing there that hasn't been already dismissed by Kunze (2008), or Phelps (2012). It is bobbins.
To cut the story short; I have the paper. Do you want it, or shall I do a Q & A on it? And post little extracts from it?
Sorry that the mods mullered the last link to a paper that is being offered for free on researchgate.
Heck, what can one do?
Old 19th March 2017, 07:49 PM   #2525
Red Baron Farms
Illuminator

Originally Posted by jonesdave116 View Post
Heck, if anybody wants to know about the 2015 "paper", do please pm me. There is nothing there that hasn't been already dismissed by Kunze (2008), or Phelps (2012). It is bobbins.
To cut the story short; I have the paper. Do you want it, or shall I do a Q & A on it? And post little extracts from it?
Sorry that the mods mullered the last link to a paper that is being offered for free on researchgate.
Heck, what can one do?
There is only 1 relevant issue. Did they confirm with evidence a hydrino? If there is evidence then lets hear about it.
"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system." Bill Mollison
Biome Carbon Cycle Management
Red Baron Farms is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th March 2017, 08:19 PM   #2526
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
The post is sneakily omitting the reaction is initiated by a high newton impact between a potassium chlorate striker and a red phosphorus pad.

Various electrical ignition systems could be employed but then the system would lose the "no electricity at all" panache. Besides, by bypassing electricity completely there are no questions about the point where the reaction no longer needs additional energy from the grid.

Brilliant really.
Well... as long as there's electricity in there somewhere, I'm definitely in!
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th March 2017, 08:37 PM   #2527
markie
Critical Thinker

Here is a quote from Dr. Booker’s 2016 validation report, citing the various methods that have been used through the years for detecting and identifying dihydrino:

"The predicted molecular hydrino H2(1/4) was identified as a product of power producing ells, CIHT cells and thermal cells, by techniques such as MAS H NMR, electron-beam excitation emission spectroscopy, Raman spectroscopy, Raman spectroscopy with surface enhanced Raman scattering (SERS), time-of-flight secondary ion mass spectroscopy (ToF-SIMS), electrospray ionization time-of-flight mass spectroscopy, (ESI-ToFMS), Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) and photoluminescence emission spectroscopy.”
Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Most of these wouldn't be able to detect the presence or absence of hydrinos as opposed to hydrogen even if hydrinos existed. The mass spectroscopy techniques wouldn't be able to determine anything about the electron shell energies; they only measure charge-to-mass ratios and don't have the mass sensitivity to differentiate between electron energy states. How the hell IR techniques are supposed to record electron energy levels whose differences are in the X-ray range, I'd be fascinated to find out. This list looks like the classic ********ting technique of throwing as much crap at the wall as possible in the hope that some of it sticks.

Dave

It sticks all right. With molecules we have rotational and vibrational spectra in the infrared and microwave wavelengths. H2 has a uniquely high rotation, and H2(1/n) is predicted to have even higher, specific rotation energies.

H2 even has a radio wavelength signature, from the magnetic moment flipping between parallel and antiparallel moments of the 2 protons. Mills calculates this and also predicts what it would be for H2(1/n).
markie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 02:12 AM   #2528
wollery
Protected by Samurai Hedgehogs!

It sticks all right. With molecules we have rotational and vibrational spectra in the infrared and microwave wavelengths. H2 has a uniquely high rotation, and H2(1/n) is predicted to have even higher, specific rotation energies.

H2 even has a radio wavelength signature, from the magnetic moment flipping between parallel and antiparallel moments of the 2 protons. Mills calculates this and also predicts what it would be for H2(1/n).

So it isn't dark matter.

Thanks for the confirmation.

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin
wollery is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 02:37 AM   #2529
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

As wollery pointed out, this means dark matter cannot be composed of hydrinos, because these IR and radio frequency responses would be observable. And I see you haven't addressed the question of how mass spectroscopy determines an electron energy state. Would you care to explain the difference between the SIMS response of a singly ionized dihydrino molecule and that of a singly ionized hydrogen molecule?

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 05:06 AM   #2530
tusenfem
Graduate Poster

Of course "predicted" should have read here "showed that" ...

(Max Headroom)
follow me on twitter: @tusenfem, or follow Rosetta Plasma Consortium: @Rosetta_RPC
tusenfem is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 08:49 AM   #2531
michaelsuede
Graduate Poster

Mills latest lecture at Fresno State University

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dCzVUnnL00

Mills begins his lecture on the physics of the hydrino at around 20 min in.

Last edited by michaelsuede; 20th March 2017 at 08:58 AM.
michaelsuede is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 09:49 AM   #2532
Aepervius
Non credunt, semper verificare

Originally Posted by michaelsuede View Post

I fail to see how this is even interesting in a conversation where we are all pointing out (saves 3 persons, as I am suspecting you , Markie and TT are in the same group) that no independently reproducible evidence was ever provided.
Aepervius is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 09:54 AM   #2533
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Funny that how Fresno State University doesn't link to it or mention it

https://www.google.com/search?q=rand...ary+27,+2017&*
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 10:04 AM   #2534
Aepervius

Originally Posted by Dancing David View Post
Funny that how Fresno State University doesn't link to it or mention it

https://www.google.com/search?q=rand...ary+27,+2017&*
All universities I was in, were loaning or renting rooms when nobody teach in them. They filter a bit but it is rather easy to bypass that. That's how even Rossie got his "verification" at U bolognia or various crackpot get their own "lecture" at various universities (*).

You usually find nothing about it in internet, but i don't really care or doubt that it happened. At best it just means he had enough money to rent that place.

(*) there are also very good programs sometime. I remember at U Paris VI one about "we are all star dust" I can't recall the name of the author.

Last edited by Aepervius; 20th March 2017 at 10:05 AM.
Aepervius is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 10:12 AM   #2535
halleyscomet
Philosopher

And here's a Ken Ham lecture:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LovsSAcfz8w

A key difference, of course, is that Ken Ham has more evidence to support his claims than Mills.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 10:58 AM   #2536
markie
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
As wollery pointed out, this means dark matter cannot be composed of hydrinos, because these IR and radio frequency responses would be observable. And I see you haven't addressed the question of how mass spectroscopy determines an electron energy state. Would you care to explain the difference between the SIMS response of a singly ionized dihydrino molecule and that of a singly ionized hydrogen molecule?

Dave
Even H2 gas is very difficult to detect directly in space. See http://physicsanduniverse.com/detect...tellar-medium/

H2 is assumed to be there indirectly by CO detection. If there happens to be a high energy light source close and directly behind it, the H2 gas is revealed by absorption lines. Of course, this would not work for dihydrino.

Note that, one the bench, H2 is easily detectable.

About the SIMS, off the top of my head I don't see why mass spectroscopy in the general case by itself would reveal differences between H2- and H2(1/n)-. I suspect that a test done before this, like liquid chromatography, would distinguish the two, and then the MS (electrospray variety) would show that it is H2- like.
markie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 11:10 AM   #2537
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Aepervius View Post
All universities I was in, were loaning or renting rooms when nobody teach in them. They filter a bit but it is rather easy to bypass that. That's how even Rossie got his "verification" at U bolognia or various crackpot get their own "lecture" at various universities (*).

You usually find nothing about it in internet, but i don't really care or doubt that it happened. At best it just means he had enough money to rent that place.

(*) there are also very good programs sometime. I remember at U Paris VI one about "we are all star dust" I can't recall the name of the author.
I was thinking that they rented a room as well.
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 11:12 AM   #2538
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Even H2 gas is very difficult to detect directly in space. See http://physicsanduniverse.com/detect...tellar-medium/

H2 is assumed to be there indirectly by CO detection. If there happens to be a high energy light source close and directly behind it, the H2 gas is revealed by absorption lines. Of course, this would not work for dihydrino.

About the SIMS, off the top of my head I don't see why mass spectroscopy in the general case by itself would reveal differences between H2- and H2(1/n)-. I suspect that a test done before this, like liquid chromatography, would distinguish the two, and then the MS (electrospray variety) would show that it is H2- like.

The emission/absorption lines for the alleged hydrino would be different, yes?
Old 20th March 2017, 11:36 AM   #2539
JeanTate
Graduate Poster

Oh markie, markie!

You really, really, really should stop posting!

I get that you care not one whit about your own credibility, but the more posts you write like the one I'm quoting, the more damage you do to Mills' credibility too (OK, it's hard to imagine how he could get less credibility, here at least).

But hey, like I said earlier, perhaps your true goal is to discredit Mills' ideas, using the slightly novel method of posting such ridiculously nonsensical "defenses"?
JeanTate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 11:40 AM   #2540
JeanTate
Graduate Poster

Does this post of yours ms qualify as a "seagull" one?

For quite some time now you've not taken part in the discussion in this thread - despite being the OP - and now you post a piece of pure promotion? To me, reminiscent of what the (now banned?) Haig so often did ....
JeanTate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 11:49 AM   #2541
JeanTate
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Dancing David View Post
The emission/absorption lines for the alleged hydrino would be different, yes?
Take your pick ... per markie (and Mills?), the hydrino atom itself has no emission or absorption lines, it does not (cannot) interact with photons.

Di-hydrino? Magically, it seems both the neutral molecule and the singly ionized form can.

I say magically because the combined behavior of atomic and molecular hydrino would surely violate a lot more than mere QM; Maxwell's equations too, for example (yeah, Mills bleats repeatedly about how Maxwell's equations are sacrosanct in his "theory", but somehow is ignorant of how his precious hydrinos' behavior is inconsistent with them).

Could be a useful idea for a sci-fi story though ...
Old 20th March 2017, 11:50 AM   #2542
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Whoa. That's your guru?
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 12:02 PM   #2543
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Pure ad-hom, but has anyone else thought that "Markie" is an appropriate name for someone for whom the most charitable explanation of their posts is that they are the mark in a con trick?
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 12:47 PM   #2544
The Man
Scourge, of the supernatural

No, but I did notice how markie and TwoThumbs both had the same 'soul searching' and 'they'll still blame Mills' shtick 'if Mills is right'. If mills is right the only one who needed or needs to do any 'soul searching' is Mills. Just as Mills is the only one to blame for not just simply getting out of his own way. Heck, even if Mills is wrong he's still got some 'soul searching' to do and carries the primary blame. Even to simply suggest otherwise, is as ludicrous as just dumping, what is it like 2/3rds, or was it 3/4ths of the purported produced energy as waste heat.
Old 20th March 2017, 12:51 PM   #2545
Aepervius

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Pure ad-hom, but has anyone else thought that "Markie" is an appropriate name for someone for whom the most charitable explanation of their posts is that they are the mark in a con trick?
I was more generous and thought marketer.
Old 20th March 2017, 12:56 PM   #2546
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
I don't have a massive R&D budget, but I figured that even so, I could get ahead of Mills's extremely slow progress, and do it without running afoul of his limited and narrow patents. My new generator dispenses with the hydrogen-hydrino reaction entirely, in favor of a far more easily catalyzed nitrogen-nitrino process....
...<respectfully snipped>...

My God! man! You've discovered face-cord ignescent radiant energy. You did file patent papers, right?

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 01:10 PM   #2547
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by JeanTate View Post
An interesting and compelling idea!

An unstated benefit: its green credentials are outstanding.

A small concern, though: is there any emission of the toxic di-oxygen mono-carbide? If so, may I suggest a modest addition? Take any such emission and pump it into a Glassy Recycling Entrapping Enclosure Naturally Housing Our Unused Spermatophyte Ensembles, where it will be turned into new LOGS.
Originally Posted by jsfisher View Post
My God! man! You've discovered face-cord ignescent radiant energy. You did file patent papers, right?

Sorry, they've gone too far with the above bit. They're clearly trying to work some sort of perpetual motion scheme, here!

They could at least provide a fig-leaf, maybe by claiming energy input into the system from some sort of High-intensity Orbiting Thermal Source of Universal Nutrition, at least.
Old 20th March 2017, 01:13 PM   #2548
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JeanTate View Post
Take your pick ... per markie (and Mills?), the hydrino atom itself has no emission or absorption lines, it does not (cannot) interact with photons.

Di-hydrino? Magically, it seems both the neutral molecule and the singly ionized form can.

I say magically because the combined behavior of atomic and molecular hydrino would surely violate a lot more than mere QM; Maxwell's equations too, for example (yeah, Mills bleats repeatedly about how Maxwell's equations are sacrosanct in his "theory", but somehow is ignorant of how his precious hydrinos' behavior is inconsistent with them).

Could be a useful idea for a sci-fi story though ...
That be crazy talk mon!
Old 20th March 2017, 02:01 PM   #2549
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Not only the ignorance of "science by YouTube video" but also the idiocy of advertising a presentation by the obviously ignorant and deluded Mills - as if you were unable to understand the posts in this thread !
Part I: 37 items of ignorance, delusions and lies in Mills book
Part II: 24 items of ignorance, delusions and lies in Mills book

Last edited by Reality Check; 20th March 2017 at 03:25 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 03:13 PM   #2550
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

If there happens to be a high energy light source close and directly behind it, the H2 gas is revealed by absorption lines. Of course, this would not work for dihydrino.
Why not, exactly? You've said that dihydrino molecules have specific and detectable optical transitions in the IR and RF, and of course if dark matter were instead composed of neutral hydrinos there would be a hydrino equivalent of the 21cm hydrogen emission line.

So now dihydrino gas is both soluble in liquids and has sufficient interaction with chromatography substrates to be separable from hydrogen, even though it's so non-interactive with every other form of matter to be undetectable when it forms dark matter?

The classic sign of the appeal to magic is that the magic being appealed to is able to change its properties fundamentally and self-contradictingly to conform to the results it's being asked to explain - or, in this case, to the absence of results that are to be explained away. Hydrinos have more different properties toMills than thermite to a 9/11 truther, and that's saying something.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 03:22 PM   #2551
Prometheus
Acolyte of Víðarr

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Sorry, they've gone too far with the above bit. They're clearly trying to work some sort of perpetual motion scheme, here!

They could at least provide a fig-leaf, maybe by claiming energy input into the system from some sort of High-intensity Orbiting Thermal Source of Universal Nutrition, at least.
But how would they get around the prohibitive start-up cost? I mean, it's not as if Leptonically Optimized Ground States just grow on trees....
Don't be offended. I'm not calling you a serial killer. -- Ron Tomkins.
Prometheus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 04:26 PM   #2552
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Exclamation Page 1513: Fantasies about the soft x-ray background

21 March 2017: Page 1513: Fantasies about the soft x-ray background.
This is the x-ray background.
The "soft" part of it comes from the interstellar medium in the Milky Way: Soft X-ray Diffuse Background.
The "hard" or cosmic part of it comes from sources external to the Milky Way, mostly traced to active galactic nuclei.

Mills ignorantly asserts that this is emission from dark matter, etc.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 04:44 PM   #2553
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Page 1513: An explicit lie of "10.1 nm continuum" matching an 11 - 16 nm band

21 March 2017: Page 1513: An explicit lie of "10.1 nm continuum" matching an 11 - 16 nm band.
10.1 nm is outside of any 11 - 16 nm band !
His references are [67,68]: a textbook and Apollo-Soyuz survey of the extreme-ultraviolet/soft X-ray background. The paper has Fig 1. which shows an "intense" peak at 20 eV (~62 nm) and a lesser peak around 110 eV (~11.3 nm).
Old 20th March 2017, 04:57 PM   #2554
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Page 1513: Close to a lie of "excess EUV radiation from galaxy clusters ... [86]"

21 March 2017: Page 1513: Close to a lie of "excess EUV radiation from galaxy clusters that cannot be explained thermally [86]"
Detection of an Unidentified Emission Line in the Stacked X-Ray Spectrum of Galaxy Clusters is the detection of a weak emission line at ~3.5 keV:
Quote:
However, it is very weak and located within 50-110 eV of several known lines. The detection is at the limit of the current instrument capabilities.
The authors "argue that there should be no atomic transitions in thermal plasma at this energy and instead propose decay of neutral neutrinos - a dark matter candidate.

More hydrino fantasies finish this page.
Old 20th March 2017, 05:16 PM   #2555
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Page 1514: Fantasies about the central black hole of the MW/dark matter

21 March 2017: Page 1514: Fantasies about the central black hole of the MW and dark matter.
Mills writes "It [dark matter] would be anticipated to concentrate at the center of the Milky Way due to the high gravity from the presence of a supermassive black hole".
In the real world the MW is vastly more massive than its black hole. The MW is about 10^12 solar masses versus the ~4 x 10^6 solar masses of Sagittarius A*. What does cause dark matter to concentrate at the center of galaxies is that there are more stars at the center.

A fantasy of high energy gamma rays from matter falling into the black hole "impinging on dark matter" causing pair production. Currently Sagittarius A* is quiet in gamma rays. There is evidence of past activity producing gamma rays, e.g. about 350 years go.

More hydrino/gamma ray pair production fantasies about the interstellar medium, solar flares and "cosmic radiation".
Old 20th March 2017, 05:20 PM   #2556
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Page 1514: A double lie that dark matter matches hydrino signatures and propertie

21 March 2017: Page 1514: A double lie that dark matter matches the "characteristic spectral signatures and properties of hydrinos".
Dark matter does have "spectral signatures" - it is dark !
Mills has never measured the characteristic spectral signatures or properties of hydrinos.
Old 20th March 2017, 05:40 PM   #2557
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

Ah, the classic conundrum; has the poster posted total bollocks out of ignorance or in an attempt to mislead?

markie, there is a chromatographic technique used to separate gases, non-mythical ones at least, do you know what it is? Extra points for a response with minimal residual traces of Google.
Old 20th March 2017, 05:42 PM   #2558
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Page 1514: Mills cannot understand a Bournaud et al paper.

21 March 2017: Page 1514: Mills cannot understand a Bournaud et al paper or a Nature paper that cites it.
Mills cites [90]: Missing Mass in Collisional Debris from Galaxies (2007) by Bournaud et al as evidence that "galaxies are mostly comprised of dark matter".
The paper is about the formation of "recycled" dwarf galaxies from the debris of galaxy collisions. The point of looking at these dwarf galaxies is that should contain no dark matter !

Bournaud et al find that these dwarf galaxies have a dark component twice the mass of their visible matter. That should be "large amounts of unseen, presumably cold, molecular gas". Their observsions may provide part of the missing baryonic matter (we have found about half of the predicted baryonic matter).

[91]: Dark Matter in Galactic Collisional Debris (2007) by Bruce G. Elmegreen may suggest that the dwarf galaxies contain dark matter.
Old 20th March 2017, 05:48 PM   #2559
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Page 1514: Repeats Page 48: Ignorance about the "best evidence yet" for dark matter

21 March 2017: Page 1514: Repeats Page 48: Mills is ignorant about the "best evidence yet" for the existence of dark matter
20 March 2017: Page 48: Mills is ignorant about the "best evidence yet" for the existence of dark matter.

If this was a 2005 or even 2006 edition of his book he would be correct. But being ignorant in 2016 of a groundbreaking 2006 paper is really bad.
Old 20th March 2017, 06:17 PM   #2560
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Page 1514: Delusions about astrophysical results supporting the existence of hydrinos

21 March 2017: Page 1514: Delusions about astrophysical results supporting the existence of hydrinos.
No hydrinos have ever been detected in astrophysical observsions except in Mills imagination.

A delusion that "equations predicting the mass of the top quark" will also predict an accelerating expansion of the universe.
A fantasy of "astonishment by cosmologists about the observation that the expansion of the universe was accelerating as measured in 1998 and suggested in 1999 (not 2000). Cosmologists knew about the possibility of this from General Relativity and its cosmological constant. The 1998 Riess et. al. paper is Observational Evidence from Supernovae for an Accelerating Universe and a Cosmological Constant!
Almost repeats: Mills cannot understand a Bournaud et al paper or a Nature paper that cites it. Now Mills knows that the paper is on dwarf galaxies only. Still cannot understand what "unseen, presumably cold, molecular gas" means (not dark matter!).

The paper concludes
Quote:
This means we would be dealing either with cool H2, traced by the CO molecule but much less efficiently than generally assumed, or with a sizeable fraction of cold H2 not traced at all by CO(15).
Collisional debris from galaxies hence appears to contain twice as much unseen matter as visible matter. Although this result could be explained by a modification of Newtonian gravity, it more likely indicates that a significant amount of dark matter resides within the disks of spiral galaxies. The most natural candidate is molecular hydrogen in some hard to trace form. Further simulations including this form of dark matter and comparison with higher resolution observations of recycled galaxies will be required to directly constrain the exact properties of this unseen component.
The authors switch from "dark mass" previously to "dark matter".
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology