ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags james oberg , Kenneth Arnold , UFO sightings , ufos

Old 12th July 2017, 10:40 PM   #81
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
I'm gonna sit.

The endless walls of text and pictures have made me tired.

Very tired.

There's much more because there are over 120,000 UFO reports to examine.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2017, 11:48 PM   #82
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post

That's an amazing amount of disinformation.

Of course, if they've been working on it since all the aliens left I guess they've had plenty of time.
Old 13th July 2017, 02:11 AM   #83
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Has the design of the Minuteman been altered to reflect this vulnerability?
Let's just say that in some cases, the saucers have brought the world to the edge of a nuclear war as was the case where the Soviets lost total control of their strategic missiles as they went into launch mode as they reported a saucer hovering over their base.
Link, please.

In other cases, the saucers disabled our Minuteman missiles, which is where my base came in, that is, in regard to the investigations where the missiles were disabled as saucers hovered over the missile fields.
Yes, you said that already. My question still stands: was the design of the Minuteman missile changed? Was it withdrawn from service? Are all other military missiles similarly vulnerable, and if they are, why are they still being used?

Actually, there have been cases where UFOs have landed.

Speaking of Lt. Col. Lewis D. Chase, he was the pilot whose bomber was involved in another incident where his RB-47 was chased by a UFO over multiple states. The aircraft's onboard ELINT systems and ground-based radar tracked the UFO as it chased his aircraft.

UFO Chase RB-47 Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaBBA3gkZTc
I note the word 'alleged'. Any actual evidence for this supposed landing?
Old 13th July 2017, 04:16 PM   #84
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

When I saw the saucer, I knew it wasn't ours because we didn't have a saucer capable of high speed flight.
That you know of. Why do you assume that you have complete knowledge of what "we" do and don't have?
Old 13th July 2017, 11:14 PM   #85
skyeagle409
Master Poster

That's an amazing amount of disinformation.
Let's call it reality. In one case, one of America's top engineers confirmed to me personally that UFOs have been tracked by DSP satellites he developed at Aerojet.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2017, 11:31 PM   #86
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Link, please.
Yes, you said that already. My question still stands: was the design of the Minuteman missile changed?

Engineering changes were devised to the system and TCTO's called upon, but there were no malfunctions found within the systems despite investigations from defense contractors. As noted, the only way those missiles could have been knocked off-line was from an electromagnetic pulse from outside the shielded cables. In other words, the EMP was found to have been generated externally, and having nothing to do with the missile system. The Boeing tech rep at my base had said that the original incident was being reported as a "UFO incident" due to the fact that no malfunctions were found within the system and that at the time of the missile shutdowns, security personnel reported a saucer hovering over the area.

In 1975, the UFOs returned and interceptors were launched. One of the UFOs was captured on radar but radar contact was lost after the object climbed about 200,000 feet. In regard to the link you have requested involving Soviet missiles, here is the link.

Quote:
Soviet nukes and UFOs

http://www.openminds.tv/wp-content/u...in-Yar-doc.jpg

It sounds like a tabloid headline, but the question is a valid one: Did UFOs almost trigger an accidental nuclear war in 1982? The incident in question occurred in south-central Ukraine on the evening of October 4th, according to official depositions from Soviet military units and interviews with one of the officers in charge of the investigation. There were multiple witnesses to the event, which took place between 7:30 and 9:37 pm, and many of them were Soviet military officers and personnel stationed at a long-range nuclear missile base in Usovo, near Byelokovoriche.

http://www.openminds.tv/soviet-nukes-and-ufos/2002

Last edited by zooterkin; 14th July 2017 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Rule 5. Do not hotlink to sites which do not explicitly permit it.
Old 13th July 2017, 11:43 PM   #87
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
That you know of. Why do you assume that you have complete knowledge of what "we" do and don't have?

I know much more than you think. We didn't have the capability to build and fly manned saucers at high speed because we didn't have the computer power to stabilize a saucer in high speed flight due to the unstable nature of its center-of-gravity much less fly a saucer at 9000+ mph within earth's atmosphere without generating a sonic boom.
Old 13th July 2017, 11:55 PM   #88
skyeagle409
Master Poster

I note the word 'alleged'. Any actual evidence for this supposed landing?

We can take a look here.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PXeDY3KOwg...+March+1967+(A)

I would also like to add that UFO landings are nothing new. In the following photo, it was determined the UFO that landed in New Mexico weighed roughly 8 tons based on the evidence left behind.

http://www.therendleshamforestincide...cb39caf711.jpg

The initial investigation. Left to right: Sgt. Lonnie Zamora, Mr. Burns (FBI), Maj. H. Mitchell (AFMDC), Coral Lorenzen of APRO, and Sgt. Castle of the Military Police.

http://www.therendleshamforestincide...4389e8f548.jpg

Photograph of one of the landing marks left by the object. Rocks are piled around the imprint to preserve it.

Last edited by zooterkin; 14th July 2017 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Rule 5. Do not hotlink to sites which do not explicitly permit it.
Old 14th July 2017, 02:49 AM   #89
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

I know much more than you think. We didn't have the capability to build and fly manned saucers at high speed because we didn't have the computer power to stabilize a saucer in high speed flight due to the unstable nature of its center-of-gravity much less fly a saucer at 9000+ mph within earth's atmosphere without generating a sonic boom.
As far as you know.

You might find that I know more than you think.
Old 14th July 2017, 03:59 AM   #90
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Skyeagle409 - given the prevalence of cameras these days why don't we have any footage of one of your UFOs?

We - the public - even capture things like meteors and meteorites on video, so the rarest of events are all preserved on digital cameras so why no high quality footage of UFOs?
Old 14th July 2017, 04:09 AM   #91
smartcooky
Philosopher

The dross is strong in this one!!!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2017, 04:10 AM   #92
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Lol. You don't know it was an alien spacecraft. You saw a thing. You decided that it was an alien spacecraft because no other explanation made sense to you at the time.

It was a ghost. Doesn't it make at least as much sense as it being an alien spacecraft? If it moved in the way corporeal matter cannot, it makes more sense that it was an incorporeal ghost - since ghosts are not made of matter they are not subject to the universal laws of inertia.

No - that it was a ghost is the only explanation that makes sense.
The difference between ghosts and aliens is that ghosts can't cross running water.

This signature is intended to irradiate people.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2017, 04:40 AM   #93
Tolls
Illuminator

As noted, the only way those missiles could have been knocked off-line was from an electromagnetic pulse from outside the shielded cables. In other words, the EMP was found to have been generated externally, and having nothing to do with the missile system.
And?
I wouldn't expect an EMP to occur inside the missiles themselves...that would be a pretty daft build.

So we have missiles (that presumably were already to some extent hardened against EMP, and in hardened shelters) being hit by a strong enough EMP to knock them out. In other words fry their systems.

That's quite a big EMP.

Did anyone record it anywhere?

I would have expected such a large pulse to have been noticed elsewhere.
Tolls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2017, 11:04 AM   #94
carlitos
"más divertido"

If you had a VCR blinking at 12:00, that was aliens.
carlitos is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2017, 12:40 PM   #95
smartcooky
Philosopher

You whole reasoning is based on three principles.....

or or

Evidence?

Let's call it reality. In one case, one of America's top engineers confirmed to me personally that UFOs have been tracked by DSP satellites he developed at Aerojet.
And his name? Oh of course, you can't say his name because he is afraid that Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith will bump him off

Let's just say that in some cases, the saucers have brought the world to the edge of a nuclear war as was the case where the Soviets lost total control of their strategic missiles as they went into launch mode as they reported a saucer hovering over their base.
Evidence?

Because, I saw one myself in 1968 as the object passed over my base in Vietnam, and upon my one-year deployment, I was assigned to a base that was active in cases where UFOs shutdown our Minuteman missiles.
I call BS on that. Minuteman missiles were not deployed in Vietnam.

Let's just say that I am in a position to know otherwise.
Argument from claimed authority. Show your credentials?
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2017, 02:23 PM   #96
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
<snip>

Be reasonable.

You can't expect one of their top disinformation agents to expose their real identity.
Old 14th July 2017, 05:40 PM   #97
smartcooky
Philosopher

Be reasonable.

You can't expect one of their top disinformation agents to expose their real identity.
Sorry. My bad!
Old 15th July 2017, 09:15 AM   #98
lpetrich
Muse

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Skyeagle409 - given the prevalence of cameras these days why don't we have any footage of one of your UFOs?

We - the public - even capture things like meteors and meteorites on video, so the rarest of events are all preserved on digital cameras so why no high quality footage of UFOs?
Yes, why not anything like this? Meteor Hits Russia Feb 15, 2013 - Event Archive - YouTube in Chelyabinsk.
It turned out to be yet another extraterrestrial rock.

This reminds me of how some UFOlogists have compared the scientific community's skepticism about UFO's to its former skepticism about meteorites. Thus comparing skepticism about extraterrestrial spaceships to skepticism about extraterrestrial rocks.

<The Meteorite Report by Jean-Baptiste Biot translated by Anne-Marie de Grazia> about the meteorite fall of 1803 April 26 in L'Aigle, France. JBB discovered that the meteorite fall had numerous witnesses and that the meteorite's fragments left a lot of physical evidence, including some of the fragments themselves. He also convincingly established the extraterrestrial origin of this meteorite.

So where is the L'Aigle of UFOlogy?
lpetrich is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2017, 09:23 AM   #99
Arisia
Muse

Well, extraterrestrial rocks can't deliberately hide themselves, of course, or be in cahoots with TPTB either. Lack of evidence for extraterrestrial craft clearly means they're very good at hiding themselves, not that they're non-existent.

, just in case
Arisia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2017, 09:38 AM   #100
sackett
Illuminator

Let's just say

Originally Posted by Arisia View Post
Well, extraterrestrial rocks can't deliberately hide themselves, of course, or be in cahoots with TPTB either. Lack of evidence for extraterrestrial craft clearly means they're very good at hiding themselves, not that they're non-existent....
Damn right! Haven't these skepsheeple ever heard of cloaking?

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2017, 12:29 PM   #101
skyeagle409
Master Poster

You whole reasoning is based on three principles.....

Quote:
Evidence?

Simple! Take a frisbee and try to make it fly straight and level for 100 feet and do so without spinning your frisbee. You will then have your proof from an experiment you've conducted. Ever wondered why it is spun in the first place?

Quote:
And his name?

Ron Regehr.

Quote:

Quote:
Evidence?

Okay! Let's go here.

Quote:

Quote:
Because, I saw one myself in 1968 as the object passed over my base in Vietnam, and upon my one-year deployment, I was assigned to a base that was active in cases where UFOs shutdown our Minuteman missiles.

Quote:
I call BS on that. Minuteman missiles were not deployed in Vietnam.

I never said Minuteman missiles were based in Vietnam. In Vietnam, I was assigned to the 35th Tactical Fighter Wing, which flew the F-100 and the B-57. After my tour, I was sent to Hill AFB, UT, which was the DEPOT base for the Minuteman missile. You've failed to understand what I posted in that regard.

Quote:
Let's just say that I am in a position to know otherwise.

My name is Aubrey Matthews

* USAF Retired (military and civil service) Phan Rang, Vietnam, Hill AFB, UT, and Travis AFB, CA. After my retirement, I was employed with defense contractors by Raytheon Aerospace, (Travis AFB) AECOM, (Corpus Christi Army Depot, CCAD) L3 Communications, (Travis AFB and CCAD, Vertex Aerospace, (Travis AFB).

I was employed for 18 months civil service with U. S. Navy, submarines, Mare Island Naval Shipyard, Vallejo, CA.

I have invented equipment and special tools for the Air Force, Army, and defense contractors and invented new type of pressure flapper valves used in the Air Force's C-5 transports. I was sent to Pensacola, Florida by the Air Force and Raytheon Aerospace to develop a repair manual for the inlet used by the Air Force's TF-39C engines that at that time, powered the C-5 transport.

I have been in a position as supervisor, inspector and technician during my employment with the Air Force and defense contractors.

Now retired, I am President of the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA), Chapter 1230, and Past President and current Historian for the Lee A. Archer, Jr. Chapter, Tuskegee Airmen, Inc., Travis AFB.

Members of my two chapters consist of Air Force officers and enlisted personnel, military and civilian DoD retirees, military pilots, commercial pilots, flight instructors, private pilots, sport pilots, student pilots, FAA certified mechanics, and non-rated civilians.

I currently conduct speaking engagements, TV, radio, and in person. I was invited by the Grand Texas Airshow organization as a VIP to present the legacy of the Tuskegee Airmen during their airshow on July 1, 2017 at Cleburne, Texas and have conducted speaking engagements before the Department of Veteran Affairs.

I have been instrumental, along with my flying buddy, Lt. Col. James C. Warren, a Tuskegee Airman, and Senator Lois Wolk, to designate a portion of California's I-80 as the "Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Highway." You can find me at these links.

http://www.af.mil/News/Article-Displ...skegee-airmen/

http://www.dailyrepublic.com/solano-...skegee-airmen/

http://www.1230.eaachapter.org/

http://www.thereporter.com/article/N...NEWS/170129931

Last edited by skyeagle409; 15th July 2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old 15th July 2017, 12:47 PM   #102
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Well, extraterrestrial rocks can't deliberately hide themselves, of course, or be in cahoots with TPTB either. Lack of evidence for extraterrestrial craft clearly means they're very good at hiding themselves, not that they're non-existent.

They are not very good at hiding. Check out these photos taken from a climbing Air Force jet as the saucer hovered at 30,000 feet above Wright-Patterson AFB, which I might add is where bodies and wreckage from the Roswell crash were taken. General Arthur E. Exon, who overflew the two Roswell crash sites, later became commander of Wright-Patterson AFB.

http://www.nicap.org/images/true3b.jpg

Hovering object that was scanned by radar and seen by ground watchers was caught on film by a climbing jet pilot. These unretouched 35 mm. gun - camera movie frames, released to TRUE by the Air Force, were taken at 30,000 feet, near Wright Field, at 11 a.m. on August 20, 1952.

Edited by zooterkin:  Edited for rule 5. Do not hotlink to sites which do not explicitly permit it.

Last edited by zooterkin; 16th July 2017 at 02:03 AM.
Old 15th July 2017, 01:32 PM   #103
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Tolls View Post
And?
I wouldn't expect an EMP to occur inside the missiles themselves...that would be a pretty daft build.

It was significant that the finding concluded the EMP came from outside the shielded cable, and what are UFOs known to generate? EMP. What was reported by Air Force security personnel at the time of the shutdown? A UFO hovering overhead.

Quote:
So we have missiles (that presumably were already to some extent hardened against EMP, and in hardened shelters) being hit by a strong enough EMP to knock them out. In other words fry their systems.

Quote:
That's quite a big EMP.

You've got that right and we didn't have anything in the field at that time that could have generated such a pulse that could have passed the shielded cables. Did anyone record it anywhere?

We can take a look here.

Quote:
The Malmstrom AFB UFO/Missile Incident

The late Robert J. Kaminski, who headed the Boeing Company missile engineering team that investigated the case, says he was told by a Boeing-Air Force liaison that UFOs had indeed been sighted in the vicinity of the flight’s launch silos at the time of the missile malfunctions. Kaminski unequivocally states that his team could find no prosaic cause for the failures.

By Robert Kaminski

2-1-1997

"Since this was a field site peculiar incident, a determination was made to send out an investigation team to survey the LCF [Echo Launch Control Facility] and the LFs [Launch Facilities, or silos] to determine what failures or related incidents could be found to explain the cause. The team was made up of qualified engineers and technicians headed by scientific person who was a glaciologist. There were about 5 persons in all that were sent out. After a week in the field the team returned and pooled their data. At the outset the team quickly noticed a lack of anything that would come close to explain why the event occurred. There were no significant failures, engineering data or findings that would explain how ten missiles were knocked off alert. This indeed turned out to be a rare event and not encountered before. The use of backup power systems and other technical system circuit operational redundancy strongly suggests that this kind of event is virtually impossible once the system was up and running and on line with other LCF's and LF's interconnectivity.

[After months of investigation,] the team met with me to report their findings and it was decided that the final report would have nothing significant in it to explain what happened at E-Flight. In other words there was no technical explanation that could explain the event. The team went off to do the report. Meanwhile I was contacted by our representative at OOAMA (Don Peterson) and told by him that the incident was reported as being a UFO event—That a UFO was seen by some Airmen over the LCF [sic] at the time E-Flight went down.

Colonel Walter Figel

On March 16, 1967, 10 Minuteman-I nuclear missiles operated by Malmstrom Air Force Base, Montana, suddenly malfunctioned one after the other, just as a “large round object” was reported to be hovering “directly over” one of them—according to retired USAF Col. Walter Figel, one of two launch officers on duty at Echo Flight during the incident.

Figel received the startling news while in the flight’s underground launch control center, via a two-way radio call from an Air Force security guard posted at the missile silo in question. Although skeptical, then-Lt. Figel dispatched a couple of two-man Security Alert Teams to the field to investigate. They subsequently confirmed the presence of the UFO.

These astounding admissions were audio-taped, with Col. Figel’s permission, during three of our telephone conversations—in 2008, 2009 and 2010—in which he discussed the incident in great detail. One may listen to those at:

Colonel Walter Figel Interview

WF: Then when the first [missile] went down, and I talked to the security [team] out there, they reported this UFO hovering over the site. I said, “Yeah, right. What have you guys been drinking out there?” And we [sent] Strike teams to both of the sites that had been occupied.

WF: These Strike Teams—I didn’t tell them what we had heard [about the UFO]—you know, via the LF radio, and I told them to go get within a mile of the site there and call back in on the VHF (Very High Frequency telephone). And they both reported that we had two maintenance crews, two security troops on-site, and two Strike Teams all reporting it.

http://spiralgalaxy.org/wordpress/wp...vit_Page_1.jpg

http://spiralgalaxy.org/wordpress/wp...vit_Page_2.jpg

http://spiralgalaxy.org/wordpress/wp...o-Shutdown.jpg

You will notice, "OOAMA" in the last image. OOAMA is located at Hill AFB, UT, which is where I was assigned.

Edited by zooterkin:  Edited for rule 5. Do not hotlink to sites which do not explicitly permit it.
Also, do not post disruptively large images.

Last edited by zooterkin; 16th July 2017 at 02:02 AM.
Old 15th July 2017, 01:35 PM   #104
skyeagle409
Master Poster

As far as you know.

You might find that I know more than you think.

In that case, you would know that ET visitation is a fact.
Old 15th July 2017, 06:34 PM   #105
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

I wonder how many came with evidence that they actually were from ET civilizations. I'd guess approximately zero.

Old 15th July 2017, 07:10 PM   #106
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

In that case, you would know that ET visitation is a fact.
Actually I know no such thing. I know that the reports of so-called "UFOs" are in fact ghosts.
Old 15th July 2017, 07:22 PM   #107
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

Actually I know no such thing. I know that the reports of so-called "UFOs" are in fact ghosts.

And time travelers.
Old 15th July 2017, 07:42 PM   #108
Arisia
Muse

Or time-traveling, dimension-hopping Cybermen... Russell T Davies was trying to get the word out!
Arisia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2017, 08:21 PM   #109
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
Damn right! Haven't these skepsheeple ever heard of cloaking?
Sheeple Cloaking

"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 12:15 AM   #110
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post

Speaking of cloaking:

http://www.rochester.edu/newscenter/...op-630x420.jpg

Last edited by zooterkin; 16th July 2017 at 02:00 AM.
Old 16th July 2017, 12:53 AM   #111
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
I wonder how many came with evidence that they actually were from ET civilizations. I'd guess approximately zero.

I have to disagree. in 1958, Major Donald Keyhoe was going to reveal what the government knew about the objects on Live TV before CBS cut him off, in their words, in the "interest of national security."

Our deep space surveillance systems track them on a regular basis, but the Air Force has already acknowledged that the objects are, in the words of the USAF, ATIC, in 1948, "Interplanetary Spaceships."

In addition, "Project Magnet" Top Secret Memo has been recovered from the Archives at the University of Ottawa.

Quote:
http://files.abovetopsecret.com/imag...da375024ba.gif

1) The matter is the most highly classified subject in the United States Government, rating higher than even the H-bomb.

2) Flying saucers exist.

3) Their modus operandi is unknown but concentrated effort is being made by a small group headed by Vannevar Bush.

4) The entire matter is considered by the United States authorities to be of tremendous significance.

5) The United States authorities are investigating along quite a number of lines, which might possibly be related to the saucers such as mental phenomena

General Nathan Twining's Memo

http://www.nicap.org/bb/IMG_2685.jpg

http://www.nicap.org/bb/IMG_2686.jpg

http://www.nicap.org/bb/IMG_2687.jpg[

German Scientists Support UFOs as Interplanetary Craft

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/imag...afd0b6e865.jpg

And, something that I have known for years.

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/imag...fe6e6c2e26.jpg

"We Have Lost Many Men and Planes Trying To Intercept UFOs""
General Benjamin Chidlaw

Last edited by zooterkin; 16th July 2017 at 01:59 AM.
Old 16th July 2017, 01:13 AM   #112
EHocking
Philosopher

Utterly brilliant.

All you need to do now is get the UFO to stay in between the two mirrors and four lenses and then get all observers to stand within 2 or 3 degrees of the centreline of the device lens/mirror array and HEY PRESTO! you have a . . . . uh, . . . . I dunno . . . . uh, nup, still can't think of anything.

What you will need, though, is another array of lenses and mirrors so that you can cloak the lens and mirror holders and they you have a cloaked, cloaking device!!!

OK, that'd need another array to hide it - and then it's just turtles all the way down.
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 01:27 AM   #113
smartcooky
Philosopher

You don't sound like a wide receiver!
Old 16th July 2017, 03:29 AM   #114
Arisia
Muse

Really, I don't think western government bureaucracies are good enough at cover ups to keep something like this hidden in the realm of 'crackpot ideas' for so long.
What are the reasons the extra terrestrials keep hanging around? They would have figured out early on that we aren't very respectful of our own planet or each other; I wouldn't hang out with Earthlings, given the choice.
Old 16th July 2017, 05:27 AM   #115
smartcooky
Philosopher

Really, I don't think western government bureaucracies are good enough at cover ups to keep something like this hidden in the realm of 'crackpot ideas' for so long.
What are the reasons the extra terrestrials keep hanging around? They would have figured out early on that we aren't very respectful of our own planet or each other; I wouldn't hang out with Earthlings, given the choice.

Why would they even come here in the first place?
Old 16th July 2017, 06:44 AM   #116
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

Why would they even come here in the first place?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097257/
Old 16th July 2017, 05:23 PM   #117
EHocking
Philosopher

You don't sound like a wide receiver!
Apologies. It was never my intent to be offensive.
Old 16th July 2017, 07:13 PM   #118
smartcooky
Philosopher

Ha! I like it!

Recently, I watched an alien first Contact movie called "Arrival". There was a lot to like about this movie, but one of the things that I really liked was that the aliens were nothing like us and totally incomprehensible, and for mine, that makes a most realistic portrayal of what aliens like might be like.

Unless there is some unknown guiding principle in nature that demands intelligent beings be bipedal, transversally symmetrical beings, there is no way that aliens are going to look anything like us and be the type of little grey humanoids portrayed by Hollywood. It is no accident that the appearance of LGH's has changed to follow movie portrayals... (perceived alien) life imitates art?
Old 17th July 2017, 12:39 PM   #119
skyeagle409
Master Poster

I wanted to post something about this movie because not many people know that actual saucer events over Washington D.C. was the basis for this movie. Air Force jets was scrambled and one of the Air Force pilot's sent to intercept the saucers was himself surrounded and he called for help to ground controllers as radar operators watched the encounter between the UFOs and his F-94 unfolded on their radar scopes.

Earth vs. The Flying Saucers

The 1952 D.C. incident was made prominent in a classic expose book called "Flying Saucers From Outer Space" by Marine Corps retired Major. Donald Keyhoe, and this later formed the basis for the screenplay of "Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers".

https://www.amazon.com/review/R24E39I4FXPJRQ

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049169/
Old 17th July 2017, 12:51 PM   #120
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

I wanted to post something about this movie because not many people know that actual saucer events over Washington D.C. was the basis for this movie. Air Force jets was scrambled and one of the Air Force pilot's sent to intercept the saucers was himself surrounded and he called for help to ground controllers as radar operators watched the encounter between the UFOs and his F-94 unfolded on their radar scopes.

Earth vs. The Flying Saucers

The 1952 D.C. incident was made prominent in a classic expose book called "Flying Saucers From Outer Space" by Marine Corps retired Major. Donald Keyhoe, and this later formed the basis for the screenplay of "Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers".

https://www.amazon.com/review/R24E39I4FXPJRQ

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049169/
Or the reports were part of a Hollywood publicity stunt to promote the movie - which seems more likely to me.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal