ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags mormonism

Old 17th July 2017, 04:26 AM   #1121
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Billy Baxter View Post
I don't feel digging for barley-eating, speckled horses in mesoamerica has ANY bearing on whether my soul will be saved. I don't care if the Nephites had a local 31 Flavored Baskin Robbins that for some unknown reason was always out of mint-chocolate chip ice cream. These details don't matter to me.

bb

There you go again, trying to ridicule and dismiss the VAST gulfs of evidence AGAINST the Book of Mormon. Pretty much the ONLY historical claims it gets right are that Jews exist in Israel and people have been beheaded in the Middle East. You are swallowing lies because they "feel" true to you and you have admitted that's the extent of your evidence. Racists "feel" the "Elders of Zion" document is genuine, so they ignore all the evidence of it being a forgery. Your support for the Book of Mormon is no more or less valid.
halleyscomet is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 05:53 AM   #1122
halleyscomet
Philosopher

straw man

I can talk about abortion, pro- and con-, till the cows come home. But if I tell young Susie Jones that it's okay to abort her child and she does, chances are the church will take disciplinary action against me.

The church is limited in what it can do by such action, of course. It can only disfellowship or excommunicate offenders. Both of these sanctions are quite tame.

bb
Really?

"Tame?"

The Futility and Brutality of Mormon Excommunication

Why Does It Matter If You Are Excommunicated From the Mormon Church?
halleyscomet is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 07:12 AM   #1123
Billy Baxter
Muse

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
There you go again, trying to ridicule and dismiss the VAST gulfs of evidence AGAINST the Book of Mormon. Pretty much the ONLY historical claims it gets right are that Jews exist in Israel and people have been beheaded in the Middle East. You are swallowing lies because they "feel" true to you and you have admitted that's the extent of your evidence.
I have read, studied and prayed about the BoM multiple times throughout my life. It testifies of Christ and his doctrines of salvation, and I testify that it is true. You can know this for yourself by following the instructions in Moroni 10:3-5. Read it and pray about it and God will reveal the truth of it to you.

bb
Old 17th July 2017, 07:19 AM   #1124
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor

I have read, studied and prayed about the BoM multiple times throughout my life. It testifies of Christ and his doctrines of salvation, and I testify that it is true. You can know this for yourself by following the instructions in Moroni 10:3-5. Read it and pray about it and God will reveal the truth of it to you.

bb

Your instruction boils down to "Believe in god to believe in god." Seems circular, but maybe that is just me.

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 07:31 AM   #1125
halleyscomet
Philosopher

So what?

The fact that it "feels" right to you emotionally has absolutely no bearing upon the fact that its historical claims are fabrications.

There's a podcast called "Harry Potter and the Sacred Text" that is reading through the Harry Potter books, applying the analysis and meditation techniques used for sacred texts. The host and fans are deriving spiritual meaning from the Harry Potter books without pretending they're literally true.

You and I are discussing two completely different things. I am discussing the historical claims in the BoM and how they completely invalidate the book's claims to be a literal history. You are responding with an irrelevant statement about how you feel about the text.

Your feelings are meaningless in determining if the historical claims of the book are accurate.
Old 17th July 2017, 07:32 AM   #1126
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

bb
1. You have been informed more than once that there are regular posters here who have done just that with negative results. Why keep urging us to try something we have already tried unsuccessfully?

2. This is not a thread about Mormonism. You know where that thread is, you ran away from it.
Old 17th July 2017, 08:20 AM   #1127
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

It testifies of Christ and his doctrines of salvation, and I testify that it is true.
Except for the parts that are demonstrably untrue, that you then say don't matter even though your church says they do.

Quote:
You can know this for yourself by following the instructions in Moroni 10:3-5. Read it and pray about it and God will reveal the truth of it to you.
Except when he doesn't, which happens often enough that the data cannot be said to correlate. A negative result -- of which we've had plenty on this board -- gets attributed to subject factors such as insincerity or even just the whims of God (i.e., "You may have to try it more than once before you get the 'confirmation.'"). No attempt is made to control or test for these purported confounding variables. A positive result is invariably interpreted as success. No attempt is made to control or test for confounding variables that would produce a false positive: psychosomatism, heartburn, etc.

When we say doctrine is not testable, this is what we're talking about. Testability means you're able to discern false positives and false negatives via data, not via retrospective, speculative attribution.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 08:52 AM   #1128
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

You admit to psychotic delusions when you're not medicated.
And this may play into the purported relationship between TOBS and Mormonism. Billy has said he is not aware of any desire on the church's part to discipline him for holding these beliefs. We can assume his local Mormon leaders are aware of his diagnosis. Transgression in Mormonism still requires mens rea, and an astute Mormon clergyman would, I think, recognize that this could be lacking in Billy's case because of that diagnosis. Delusions stemming from mental illness could resemble apostasy, but there is in that case no conscious effort to depart from orthodoxy.

No church is in a rush to get rid of its members. The Mormon church cuts people off only if and when their deliberate behavior becomes a sore enough point. For high-profile apostates, this occurs when they become outspoken enough to have a measurable deleterious effect, disrupting the devotion of those around them. When that point is reached, the backlash of excommunicating them is deemed more sufferable than the ongoing effects. But in the case of a mentally ill member, the church can prop up a different explanation: the apostate "doctrine" is written off as a symptom of illness, not to be taken seriously. I think most Mormons would fall in line with that. It's a mechanism of tolerance that sits easier, in a moral sense, than engaging the church policies to squelch apostasy.

What this means is that since Billy is not a normal person in terms of his mental health, he is not a normal Mormon. Thus his experience in which the church is lenient to his special beliefs cannot be said necessarily to be typical. He may be mistaking charitable indulgence in his special case to be the general case. If someone who isn't being treated for a mental illness that produces delusions when unmedicated were to propose TOBS, the outcome might be completely different.

Now earlier I asked whether the church let one pick and choose which of its doctrines to follow. Billy pivoted that to the straw man of whether the church tolerates unspoken (or tentatively spoken) beliefs. That really wasn't what I was asking. Even in the most intolerant and oppressive regimes, what one secretly believes but never speaks cannot be penalized simply because it cannot be discovered. That's not "sympathy," or any cognizable form of freedom of thought. That's just a practical limitation. In order to be discovered and penalized, the belief must be externalized in some way, but word or deed. And the promotion from secret belief to discoverable fact is what we're talking about.

Sure, the Mormon church will let you pick and choose what you personally believe, as long as when it comes to discoverable words and actions you toe the party line to within an acceptable tolerance. But that's not any useful choice. Billy can privately gloss over problems with the historicity of the Book of Mormon as long as when the subject is brought up in Sunday school he bites his tongue and at least outwardly goes along with the factually-erroneous claims that the Book of Mormon is literal history.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 09:11 AM   #1129
halleyscomet
Philosopher

A psychiatric question:

If someone has been off their medication long enough to be having full blown delusions of religious hit men hunting them down, how long will it typically take for those delusions to turn to, "Yeah, sorry about that," apologies after the person resumes their medication?

I make no bones about the fact that I think it likely BB is trolling us. I want to know if the "delusional" to "coherent" transition he documented in his recent posts happened in a realistic time frame.
Old 17th July 2017, 10:07 AM   #1130
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

bb
NO. Just no.
Old 17th July 2017, 10:28 AM   #1131
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
1. You have been informed more than once that there are regular posters here who have done just that with negative results. Why keep urging us to try something we have already tried unsuccessfully?
We must not have done it the "right" way, apparently. If we have not received the divine revelation, we must all have been doing it wrong. Quite obviously, we were doing it wrong since no divine revelation was forthcoming.

Once again the circular reasoning that is religion strikes out of nothing to prove a being that doesn't exist is totally incompetent to reveal the truth about him or her self to anybody. It is only if you stick to MY practices and follow MY instructions that MY god will be revealed to be MY god. Or something. Sheesh.

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
2. This is not a thread about Mormonism. You know where that thread is, you ran away from it.
Yes. And BB also told us that he is being medicated for some form of para-schiz, that he regularly declines to take the meds and that he is housed in an institution of some sort being unfit for general release into the wild.

Bear in mind that he volunteered this. Nobody asked him for it. Not I, you, or anyone else. It is not as if we are all hurling baseless accusations, BB stated it out front himself.

What are we to do with that? Well, I am no psychologist, psychotherapist, psychoanalyst or anything of that style of kidney, so my answer must be "Nothing". I have no expertise to address whatever demons BB has and I will not attempt to do so.

Nevertheless, I reserve the right to identify that any given individual does indeed have a problem, even if I am unqualified to do anything about it.
Old 17th July 2017, 10:30 AM   #1132
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

A psychiatric question:

If someone has been off their medication long enough to be having full blown delusions of religious hit men hunting them down, how long will it typically take for those delusions to turn to, "Yeah, sorry about that," apologies after the person resumes their medication?

I make no bones about the fact that I think it likely BB is trolling us. I want to know if the "delusional" to "coherent" transition he documented in his recent posts happened in a realistic time frame.
Good luck with that.
Old 17th July 2017, 11:20 AM   #1133
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Good luck with that.
I'm not looking for details from BB, just some general information on how long it typically takes anti-psychotic medication to effect a change, at least in someone who has been on the medication before.

Aripiprazole for example:

Quote:
Aripiprazole displays linear kinetics and has an elimination half-life of approximately 75 hours. Steady-state plasma concentrations are achieved in about 14 days. Cmax (maximum plasma concentration) is achieved 3–5 hours after oral dosing. Bioavailability of the oral tablets is about 90% and the drug undergoes extensive hepatic metabolization (dehydrogenation, hydroxylation, and N-dealkylation), principally by the enzymes CYP2D6 and CYP3A4. Its only known active metabolite is dehydro-aripiprazole, which typically accumulates to approximately 40% of the aripiprazole concentration. The parenteral drug is excreted only in traces, and its metabolites, active or not, are excreted via feces and urine.[42] When dosed daily, brain concentrations of aripiprazole will increase for a period of 10–14 days, before reaching stable constant levels
Does that mean a degree of efficacy can be expected within 3 to 5 hours of resuming the medication or does it take the 10 to 14 days for the brain concentration to stabilize?
Old 17th July 2017, 12:22 PM   #1134
Billy Baxter
Muse

Okay, I'm off the Internet for several weeks. It's been real. Everyone take care.

bb
Old 17th July 2017, 12:41 PM   #1135
Beady
Philosopher

Okay, I'm off the Internet for several weeks. It's been real. Everyone take care.

bb
Does he really think we're going to forget, and he can just start fresh?

This signature is intended to irritate people.
Old 17th July 2017, 02:40 PM   #1136
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Beady View Post
Does he really think we're going to forget, and he can just start fresh?

This signature is intended to irritate people.
Why yes, I believe he does.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2017, 02:22 AM   #1137
Billy Baxter
Muse

I'm sorry for being such a hypocritical jerk. My heart goes out to those who get excommunicated from the LDS church for whatever reason. As a gay Mormon (and an inactive one), I have no right to judge anyone else or condemn them for sincerely-held beliefs. Everyone deserves to be respected. I don't speak for the church and this whole thread about TOBS is an exercise in wishful thinking and vain speculation on my part.

JayUtah is correct when he takes me to task for preaching without authority. I regret any feelings I've hurt by my hypocrisy. Forgive me for being so judgmental. As for excommunication from the church, I'm sure it's a very traumatic, awful experience and I shouldn't minimize the pain it can cause.

Please accept my apology for being so insensitive. I'll try to be more sympathetic to people's feelings in the future.

bb
Old 18th July 2017, 02:51 AM   #1138
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

What is it you hope to accomplish here?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2017, 04:14 AM   #1139
Billy Baxter
Muse

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
What is it you hope to accomplish here?
I wanted to prove Mormonism using TOBS.

bb
Old 18th July 2017, 04:17 AM   #1140
halleyscomet
Philosopher

bb

I don't believe that was your intention.

There's no way such a plan could have worked, even if it had been your sincere goal. Even if you could somehow prove your "divine shock collar operated by a sadistic deity" theory it wouldn't have lead to Mormonism.
Old 18th July 2017, 08:35 AM   #1141
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Like halleyscomet, I struggle to see how you thought that would ever have worked. To misquote Morty, "That's just 'proving Mormonism' with extra steps." People -- including you -- have tried here to prove Mormonism rationally, and it just won't work. Adding your own private conclusions to that just adds to what you have to prove. Plus you already confessed a disinterest in the factual problems with Mormonism. For you it's all about the doctrine, not whether any of the events described in the Book of Mormon actually happened. Proving Mormonism means proving all its claims that can be tested, including those that don't interest you.

Nor does proving Mormonism via TOBS follow logically, because Mormonism is a premise to TOBS. Your cart is in front of the horse. One must first believe that a Mormon-style god exists, and only after than can one go one to see whether he engages in such behavior as TOBS outlines. And you can't nail down what connection there is, if any, between TOBS and Mormonism. One day you say it isn't doctrine, and the next you say it might one day be doctrine, then the following day you're apologizing for preaching Mormon heresy, and now we're back to a connection so strong that proving one proves the other. You're all over the map.

And finally, proving your religion true was not what you announced as your purpose when you returned weeks ago from a hiatus. You presented TOBS as a body of wisdom whose veracity was not in doubt, and you presented yourself as an authority on doctrine. You later wrote this off as an unmedicated rant. But the point I'm aiming at is that none of this seems to be about TOBS or about Mormonism. By now you know that neither of those two topics stands a chance against a skeptical audience. It all seems to be about Billy Baxter, whether the nominal topic is TOBS, Mormonism, or the treatment of mental illness.
Old 18th July 2017, 09:08 AM   #1142
Peregrinus
Muse

I wanted to prove rationalize Mormonism using TOBS.

bb
How many ways must be shown before you come to realize neither proof nor rationalization is going to wash?
Peregrinus is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2017, 09:15 AM   #1143
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Nor does proving Mormonism via TOBS follow logically
TOBS, as described by BB, could just as easily be attributed to Vishnu, Allah, Horus or a programmer controlling a computer simulation in which we are all just bits and bytes.
Old 18th July 2017, 09:33 AM   #1144
sackett
Illuminator

BB, you haven't hurt anybody's feelings. Nobody's feelings are engaged -- well, maybe mild exasperation or slight irritation. Bad logic affects people that way.

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2017, 09:44 AM   #1145
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
BB, you haven't hurt anybody's feelings. Nobody's feelings are engaged -- well, maybe mild exasperation or slight irritation. Bad logic affects people that way.
Indeed, it's all in the context. If I showed up to a Mormon sacrament meeting with a bottle of nicely-peated scotch whiskey, I can expect to be met with hard stares and signals of discomfort. However if I showed up to my friend Mr Boyd's house with the same bottle (he's from Scotland), I can expect to be shown to a place of honor near the hearth. There's nothing inherently wrong with either pearls or swine; you just have to keep in mind that they aren't meant to keep company.

Drinking scotch, however well made the scotch may be, is a sin among Mormons. Similarly Illogic is a sin here, not because there's something inherently wrong with illogic (e.g., we make lots of emotional decisions that end up improving our well-being, logic be damned), but because that's not what is treasured here. The ISF context is one which showing up with a pile of poor logic is as frowned-upon as showing up to Sunday dinner with last night's prostitute. There are better times and places.
Old 18th July 2017, 09:47 AM   #1146
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

... as frowned-upon as showing up to Sunday dinner with last night's prostitute.

Only if the household has a "you caught it, you clean it" rule.
Old 18th July 2017, 09:49 AM   #1147
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Theory of Body Signals, Hindu Edition:

Quote:
Refer to my former thread in this forum entitled "Can TOBS Defeat Radical Christian Terrorists?" for the explanation of what TOBS (the Theory of Body Signals) is. Briefly, Vishnu communicates with us, his children, in many different ways. These include the natural disasters, prophets, prayer, Agni, etc.

I have discovered that Vishnu has another subtle method of letting us know his will. TOBS manifests as itches, muscular twitches, pains and cramps. See the former thread for a more complete discussion of this phenomenon as it relates to getting radical Christians to stop justifying the Christian Dominion Movement.

Sometimes we are confused, uncertain, mistaken, or in error about spiritual truths, and Vishnu teaches us through the body signal system how to correct our mistakes.

An example: Sven has been in a quandary about how to discipline his unruly child. Whenever he loses patience and threatens to spank her, Sven gets a muscular twitch on his left arm. If Sven repeatedly swats his child in an impatient manner and develops a pattern of child abuse, he will get pains in his left shoulder blade, and possibly his left leg and other places. After a while he starts to justify his abuse, and the Body Signals get more and more painful and persistent.

So how does TOBS get Sven out of pain and back on track? There are no easy answers for him.

Quote:
'Through a son he conquers the worlds, through a grandson he obtains immortality, but through his son's grandson he ascends to the (highest) heaven.' (All that) has been declared in the Veda. (Baudhayana Sutras 2-9-16.3)
So Sven must repent of his abuse and endure the consequences of his actions. As he repents over time, the Body Signals will guide him and get his life turned around. Understanding how Vishnu's Justice, Mercy and grace work is fundamental to getting relief from chronic pain and ultimately forgiveness of our sins.

Any questions or comments?
Old 18th July 2017, 10:07 AM   #1148
halleyscomet
Philosopher

The Theory of Body Signals: "To Train Up a Child" edition

Quote:
Refer to my former thread in this forum entitled "Can TOBS Defeat Leftist Limp-Wrist Parenting?" for the explanation of what TOBS (the Theory of Body Signals) is. Briefly, God communicates with us, his children, in many different ways. These include the scriptures, prophets, prayer, the Holy Ghost, etc.

I have discovered that God has another subtle method of letting us know his will. TOBS manifests as itches, muscular twitches, pains and cramps. See the former thread for a more complete discussion of this phenomenon as it relates to getting lazy leftist parents to stop letting their kids get away with everything and give them a good beating now and then to discipline them!

Sometimes we are confused, uncertain, mistaken, or in error about spiritual truths, and God teaches us through the body signal system how to correct our mistakes.

An example: Sven has been in a quandary about how to discipline his unruly child. Whenever he tries to give her a namby-pamby "time out" instead of a good whipping, Sven gets a muscular twitch on his left arm. If Sven repeatedly refuses to spank his child and she develops a pattern of disobedient behavior, he will get pains in his left shoulder blade, and possibly his left leg and other places. After a while he starts to justify his lack of active parenting, and the BS's get more and more painful and persistent.

So how does TOBS get Sven out of pain and back on track? There are no easy answers for him-- Proverbs 13:24 says "Whoever spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them." Sven must repent of his failed parenting and learn how to properly discipline his child in accordance with Biblical law. As he repents over time, the BS's will guide him and get his life turned around. Understanding how God's Justice, Mercy and grace work is fundamental to getting relief from chronic pain and ultimately forgiveness of our sins.

Here are some parenting tips Sven should be using to avoid Body Signal pain:

Quote:
Alicia Bayer, who has written extensively about the Pearls for Examiner.com, notes that their training methods include:
  • Using plastic tubing to beat children, since it is “too light to cause damage to the muscle or the bone”
  • Wearing the plastic tubing around the parent’s neck as a constant reminder to obey
  • “Swatting” babies as young as six months old with instruments such as “a 12-inch willowy branch,” thinner plastic tubing or a wooden spoon
  • “Blanket training” babies by hitting them with an instrument if they try to crawl off a blanket on the floor
  • Beating older children with rulers, paddles, belts and larger tree branches
  • “Training” children with pain before they even disobey, in order to teach total obedience
  • Giving cold water baths, putting children outside in cold weather and withholding meals as discipline
  • Hosing off children who have potty training accidents
  • Inflicting punishment until a child is “without breath to complain”
If you have pains that you think may be Body Signals, then you aren't whipping your children enough. Any questions or comments?
Notice how "The Theory of Body Signals" can be used to justify, even encourage, child abuse as easily as as it can be used to argue against it.
Old 18th July 2017, 05:10 PM   #1149
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

bb
Why did you think you were going to be successful?
Old 18th July 2017, 11:34 PM   #1150
Billy Baxter
Muse

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Why did you think you were going to be successful?
hubris, mostly... and ambition.

bb
Old 18th July 2017, 11:41 PM   #1151
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Don't forget ignorance. Ignorance of the scientific method and of what does and does not constitute objective evidence are the usual reasons why believers come here thinking their irrational beliefs can be proved. Once it's explained that those beliefs are almost certainly mistakes due to well known and well understand cognitive and perceptual errors they usually declare that their woo cannot possibly be due to such things so the scientific method must be inadequate, and go off in a huff.
Old 20th July 2017, 05:30 PM   #1152
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

hubris, mostly... and ambition.

bb
That's how you end up on the "American Idol" gag reel.
Old 20th July 2017, 05:43 PM   #1153
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

Indeed, it's all in the context. [...] The ISF context is one which showing up with a pile of poor logic is as frowned-upon as showing up to Sunday dinner with last night's prostitute. There are better times and places.
OMG! This is one of the best skeptical rejoinders in the history of skeptical rejoinders. I wish I had said that.
Old 24th July 2017, 10:30 AM   #1154
Billy Baxter
Muse

*****WARNING*****
TOBS (The Theory of Body Signals) IS HIGHLY TREACHEROUS AND CANNOT BE RELIED ON AS I OUTLINED IT IN THIS AND OTHER THREADS. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ASCERTAIN TRUTH USING TOBS. DO NOT TAUNT TOBS. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE TOBS AS A DIETARY SUPPLEMENT. ABOVE ALL, DON'T TRUST THE RANTINGS OF SCHIZOPHRENIC GAY MORMONS WHO DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT AND WHO DO NOT SPEAK FOR GOD.

bb
Old 24th July 2017, 10:44 AM   #1155
halleyscomet
Philosopher

*****WARNING*****
TOBS (The Theory of Body Signals) IS HIGHLY TREACHEROUS AND CANNOT BE RELIED ON AS I OUTLINED IT IN THIS AND OTHER THREADS. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ASCERTAIN TRUTH USING TOBS. DO NOT TAUNT TOBS. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE TOBS AS A DIETARY SUPPLEMENT. ABOVE ALL, DON'T TRUST THE RANTINGS OF SCHIZOPHRENIC GAY MORMONS WHO DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT AND WHO DO NOT SPEAK FOR GOD.

bb
I compliment you on your honesty.
Old 24th July 2017, 10:50 AM   #1156
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

It's OK, BB, we were already doing all that anyway.
Old 24th July 2017, 10:58 AM   #1157
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

This is turning sad.
The Norseman is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2017, 11:12 AM   #1158
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
This is turning sad.
I disagree.

A man is learning of limitations in his perception he didn't know about before. As a result he is becoming more aware of where the line is between his imagination and reality.
Old 24th July 2017, 11:18 AM   #1159
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

I disagree.

A man is learning of limitations in his perception he didn't know about before. As a result he is becoming more aware of where the line is between his imagination and reality.
Unless, of course, the most recent post was meant as mockery, Billy pretending to post as if he were one of his critics in the hopes that it would be seen as self-evidently absurd rather than fairly on point. Except for the gay thing; I don't see where any of his critics has behaved in a homophobic manner toward him.
Old 24th July 2017, 11:21 AM   #1160
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

I disagree.

Looks like an online breakdown to me, is all.
The Norseman is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy