ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 13th July 2017, 07:59 AM   #281
fagin
Illuminator

It's like reading a particularly bad version of the old testament.
Old 13th July 2017, 01:57 PM   #282
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
True, that is just incorrect. But that wasn't what you wrote. You wrote:
Which is an example of denying the antecedent.

Ah, informal fallacies too? Expanding the repertoire? This is a strawman, because nothing I have written suggests that I hold belief to be greater than science.

Verily, good sir, t'was thou who hadst blundered, not I. Thine archaisms cannot occlude such!
No such fallacy occurred amidst my expression.

Ironically, you had displayed a rejection of science, whilst embracing belief.

A revisit:

(1) ProgrammingGodJordan
"Non beliefism underlines that belief by definition opposes science."

(2) Porpoise Of life:
"(1) is invalid."

(3) ProgrammingGodJordan:

One who disregards non-beliefism; i.e., a system as observed in (1), disregards science.

Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan
That you reject (1) is silly; that you emphasize a construct that opposes science , designates not surprisingly, that you oppose science.

Thusly I had not erred, whence you had blundered.
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2017, 02:12 PM   #283
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

@Porpoise of life:

You had undoubtedly embraced belief, and thus you reject science:

Reply 179, on page 5, by myself:
Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan
...it is scientifically observable, that the very concept of belief opposes scientific methodology.

Reply 197, on page 5, by you, abound rejecting prior responses of mine, including 179...:
Originally Posted by Porpoise of life
In fact, people have told you that they reject what you have written because it is inconsistent, fallacious, and poorly worded. This does not mean that they harbor secret beliefs that compell them to oppose you. It just means they can read.

Last edited by zooterkin; 14th July 2017 at 12:07 PM.
ProgrammingGodJordan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2017, 02:13 PM   #284
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
It's like reading a particularly bad version of the old testament.
The old testament, is scientifically unfounded...
Old 13th July 2017, 02:45 PM   #285
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Originally Posted by ProgrammingGodJordan View Post
The old testament, is scientifically unfounded...
This may be the first thing you've ever written that I agree with.
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2017, 02:51 PM   #286
fagin
Illuminator

I was talking about the terrible clumsy attempts at English, not the content.
Old 13th July 2017, 04:11 PM   #287
Donn
Philosopher

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
I was talking about the terrible clumsy attempts at English, not the content.
The English is discontent too.
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2017, 04:17 PM   #288
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
This may be the first thing you've ever written that I agree with.

What invalid, scientifically unsound expression do you supposedly detect in the above?

Last edited by zooterkin; 14th July 2017 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Removing intrusive advert
Old 13th July 2017, 04:59 PM   #289
Thermal
Master Poster

Sequence: That belief by definition opposes science, is not fallacious.

However, that you reject the above sequence is silly; that you emphasize a construct that opposes science , designates not surprisingly, that you oppose science.

Thusly I had not erred, whence you had blundered.
Drink!
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2017, 05:12 PM   #290
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

https://i.imgur.com/MqHVzaA.png

What invalid, scientifically unsound expression do you supposedly detect in the above?
Well so much for that brief venture into coherent sentences.

But I'll state again in case you thought I was being sarcastic. The Old Testament is indeed scientifically unfounded.
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2017, 05:14 PM   #291
Thermal
Master Poster

A revisit:

(1) ProgrammingGodJordan

(2) Porpoise Of life:
"(1) is invalid."

One who disregards non-beliefism; i.e., a system as observed in (1), disregards science.
Whoo-hoo! Drink!

Hey brah...*MostlyDead sobs gently*...I love you man...You know dat?
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2017, 05:40 PM   #292
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Come... is it but not yet the hour whence you shall disregard belief's false necessitation?
Do you english?
Old 13th July 2017, 05:45 PM   #293
desmirelle
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Do you english?
He doesn't, at least not so anyone would notice.

We have read all this nonsense and thusly conclude that non-beliefism requires ...... failing English Comp, Logic and Debate. If he has a degree, it's in Liberal Arts. I bet his basket-weaving skills are awesome.

And the Old Testament makes more sense than him any day of the week. At least it has a storyline that can be followed.

Last edited by desmirelle; 13th July 2017 at 05:47 PM.
desmirelle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2017, 06:16 PM   #294
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

Originally Posted by desmirelle View Post
He doesn't, at least not so anyone would notice.

We have read all this nonsense and thusly conclude that non-beliefism requires ...... failing English Comp, Logic and Debate. If he has a degree, it's in Liberal Arts. I bet his basket-weaving skills are awesome.

And the Old Testament makes more sense than him any day of the week. At least it has a storyline that can be followed.
Here is a simple task; determine whether or not the following is scientifically unsound:

A framework that barely concerns evidence (i.e. belief) undermines/opposes a system that highly concerns scientific evidence. (i.e. science)

FOOTNOTE:
I earned a degree in Computer Science, via UWI, in 2015.
Old 13th July 2017, 10:36 PM   #295
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Here is a simple task; determine whether or not the following is scientifically unsound:

A framework that barely concerns evidence (i.e. belief) undermines/opposes a system that highly concerns scientific evidence. (i.e. science)
False. All of it. A moments thought would tell you why that is. Simple question. When you get up in the morning do you immediately go to the lab and measure g and adjust your day according to the results?

FOOTNOTE:
If so, I bet you never submitted a paper ever containing such mangled english as you have posted here.

ETA: And I don't believe you have any such degree. There is no evidence for it beyond your claim.

Last edited by abaddon; 13th July 2017 at 10:41 PM.
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2017, 10:39 PM   #296
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

A revisit:

(1) ProgrammingGodJordan

(2) Porpoise Of life:
"(1) is invalid."

It's really simple PGJ. You did put forth a fallacious argument. If you keep denying that, it's either due to your ego, or your reading comprehension.
Probably both at the same time.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2017, 12:20 AM   #297
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

False. All of it. A moments thought would tell you why that is. Simple question. When you get up in the morning do you immediately go to the lab and measure g and adjust your day according to the results?

If so, I bet you never submitted a paper ever containing such mangled english as you have posted here.

ETA: And I don't believe you have any such degree. There is no evidence for it beyond your claim.

That you fail to prioritize scientific methodology/evidence amidst your thought cycles, does not suddenly render belief to be non-opposite to scientific methodology.

Here is yet another simple exercise:

Produce any event for which one has no choice but to employ belief, instead of scientific methodology; for you are yet to explain why my prior expression was false.

FOOTNOTE:

Here is an image capture of my degree via uwi:

Last edited by Locknar; 15th July 2017 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Resized, rule 6
Old 14th July 2017, 12:23 AM   #298
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
It's really simple PGJ. You did put forth a fallacious argument. If you keep denying that, it's either due to your ego, or your reading comprehension.
Probably both at the same time.
Regardless of your false expressions on the matter, that belief opposes science, is scientifically observable.
Old 14th July 2017, 12:31 AM   #299
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

That you fail to prioritize scientific methodology/evidence amidst your thought cycles, does not suddenly render belief to be non-opposite to scientific methodology.

Here is yet another simple exercise:

Produce any event for which one has no choice but to employ belief, instead of scientific methodology; for you are yet to explain why my prior expression was false.

FOOTNOTE:

Fake.

Last edited by Locknar; 15th July 2017 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Image resized, rule 6
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2017, 01:44 AM   #300
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

Fake.
Apart from a few courses, such as Discrete Mathematics, or Analysis of Algorithms, the degree entailed a non-trivial distribution of irrelevant studies;
for generally, optimal computer science schedules are observed to contain distinct Artificial Neural Network aligned courses, a sequence lacking in UWI's regime.
Old 14th July 2017, 02:47 AM   #301
fagin
Illuminator

Presumably why you know very little about not very much.

It obviously didn't include anything in English, logic or clear thinking.
Old 14th July 2017, 10:30 AM   #302
desmirelle
Critical Thinker

PGJ - free clue - when you are reduced to posting your diploma, you've lost your argument.

MostlyDead: thusly, non-beliefism dies, alone and unloved.
desmirelle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2017, 10:51 AM   #303
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

spam snipped

FOOTNOTE:
Boo Hoo. It's not helping your cause.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2017, 12:09 PM   #304
desmirelle
Critical Thinker

He has a BS degree.

How.....appropriate.

Excuse me while I giggle.
Old 14th July 2017, 12:24 PM   #305
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Two years out of school and already calling oneself a god at one's profession and writing earth-shattering treatises on the basis of basic required gen-ed courses. These are the facts that lead me not to want to waste time reading any of it.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2017, 05:53 PM   #306
JesseCuster
Muse

Apart from a few courses, such as Discrete Mathematics, or Analysis of Algorithms, the degree entailed a non-trivial distribution of irrelevant studies;
for generally, optimal computer science schedules are observed to contain distinct Artificial Neural Network aligned courses, a sequence lacking in UWI's regime.
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2017, 05:53 PM   #307
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

Fake.
BWAHAHAHAH! PGJ got nailed!!

Pssst: Anyone else interested in a degree from that fine university? Here ya go. http://www.topdiplomaservice.com/SAM...0803/1118.html

ETA:

The REAL University of the West Indies does not offer a general "computer science" degree program; the only ones available are also only available on one of their three or four campuses (no online degrees for CS, in other words).

Last edited by Locknar; 15th July 2017 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Resized, rule 6
The Norseman is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2017, 06:14 PM   #308
desmirelle
Critical Thinker

Why would a 'god' (even of programming) be pushing non-beliefism? Gods require belief and worship. Why use word god in your name when you're striving (badly) to be king of the atheism hill?

Oh, wait, THUSLY.....sorry, MostlyDead, almost forgot it.
Old 14th July 2017, 07:23 PM   #309
Thermal
Master Poster

Why would a 'god' (even of programming) be pushing non-beliefism? Gods require belief and worship. Why use word god in your name when you're striving (badly) to be king of the atheism hill?

*MostlyDead, trying cross-eyed to make red sqiuggly lines in his replies go away, falls asleep on keyboard, inadvertently ordering 3,800 cans of yams from Amazon*
Old 14th July 2017, 07:24 PM   #310
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Good night sweet prince.

PGJ is TKO'd by a fake diploma in the 8th.

BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2017, 07:26 PM   #311
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Because he's a self appointed god of computer programming, which is science you know.

Old 14th July 2017, 07:38 PM   #312
Thermal
Master Poster

Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post

Pssst: Anyone else interested in a degree from that fine university? Here ya go. http://www.topdiplomaservice.com/SAM...0803/1118.html

ETA:

The REAL University of the West Indies does not offer a general "computer science" degree program; the only ones available are also only available on one of their three or four campuses (no online degrees for CS, in other words).
Good catch, The Norseman! I thought the font looked a little cheesy- hell, my high school diploma had a more distinguished look.

So...does this mean...PGJ has been...full o' feces all along? All this drinking for nothing? I just got pickled enough to think he was on to something...

ETA: kudos to abbadon for calling it too! I assumed it was legit; after all, he wasn't exactly claiming post-grad studies at CalTech

Last edited by Thermal; 14th July 2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 14th July 2017, 08:27 PM   #313
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

Originally Posted by MostlyDead View Post
Good catch, The Norseman! I thought the font looked a little cheesy- hell, my high school diploma had a more distinguished look.
Mine too. I mean, real degrees do have some cheesy fonts, in my esteemed opinion; but the general layout seemed a little off as well as the degree title granted and how it was written (the opening parenthesis should have a space between it and the word preceding it, for example).

Quote:
So...does this mean...PGJ has been...full o' feces all along? All this drinking for nothing? I just got pickled enough to think he was on to something...
Never fret, kind sir! No amount of drinking is for nothing. PGJ still mangles English something fierce in his faux-erudition in an attempt at appearing highly intelligent and knowledgeable. I suppose it could impress people who really do not know proper English grammar, but for those of us who do... it's actually really funny (as I know you know).

Quote:
ETA: kudos to abbadon for calling it too! I assumed it was legit; after all, he wasn't exactly claiming post-grad studies at CalTech
Yes, I unreservedly give all credit to abbadon for his statement; I was generally glossing over all the picture memes PGJ boorishly splatters his posts with (WTH is up with that, BTW? This ain't reddit.) and this just looked like another.
The Norseman is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2017, 08:41 PM   #314
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, absolutely Salud! to The Norseman. I would buy you a drink, and dinner. That is how well you have performed today for the betterment of the ISF.

ETA - The fraudulent intellectual has not left the building...

Last edited by BStrong; 14th July 2017 at 08:45 PM.
Old 14th July 2017, 08:44 PM   #315
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

PGJ - free clue - when you are reduced to posting your diploma, you've lost your argument.

MostlyDead: thusly, non-beliefism dies, alone and unloved.
That belief opposes science, is but not 'my argument'.

FOOTNOTE:
The posting of the degree, was simply a response to an accusation that I hadn't a degree in computer science.
Old 14th July 2017, 08:49 PM   #316
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

ETA:

Originally Posted by MostlyDead View Post

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
Yes, absolutely Salud! to The Norseman. I would buy you a drink, and dinner. That is how well you have performed today for the betterment of the ISF.

ETA - The fraudulent intellectual has not left the building...

Mine too. I mean, real degrees do have some cheesy fonts, in my esteemed opinion; but the general layout seemed a little off as well as the degree title granted and how it was written (the opening parenthesis should have a space between it and the word preceding it, for example).

Never fret, kind sir! No amount of drinking is for nothing. PGJ still mangles English something fierce in his faux-erudition in an attempt at appearing highly intelligent and knowledgeable. I suppose it could impress people who really do not know proper English grammar, but for those of us who do... it's actually really funny (as I know you know).

Yes, I unreservedly give all credit to abbadon for his statement; I was generally glossing over all the picture memes PGJ boorishly splatters his posts with (WTH is up with that, BTW? This ain't reddit.) and this just looked like another.

What nonsense.

I have not mentioned anywhere, that my degree was of the online aligned nature.

FOOTNOTE:
A degree in computer science from the university of the West Indies, is not that difficult to attain.

Last edited by ProgrammingGodJordan; 14th July 2017 at 08:57 PM.
Old 14th July 2017, 08:52 PM   #317
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

That belief opposes science, is but not 'my argument'.

FOOTNOTE:
The posting of the degree, was simply a response to an accusation that I hadn't a degree in computer science.
Good to know you recovered from the TKO, concussion is a serious complication from blows to the head.

Your diploma is as fake as your theory is nonsense - 100%

Old 14th July 2017, 08:53 PM   #318
ProgrammingGodJordan
Banned

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
Good to know you recovered from the TKO, concussion is a serious complication from blows to the head.

Your diploma is as fake as your theory is nonsense - 100%
Yet another belief bound mind.

Did you not detect the error in Norseman's accusation?

I hadn't mentioned anywhere, that my degree was of the online aligned nature.
Old 14th July 2017, 08:58 PM   #319
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Where's my popcorn?

The last time I watched a beating this bad was 9 June 2017, Cavs over Warriors.

Something tells me you won't be coming back like the Warriors.

Old 14th July 2017, 09:00 PM   #320
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Yet another belief bound mind.

Did you not detect the error in Norseman's accusation?

I hadn't mentioned anywhere, that my degree was of the online aligned nature.
Absolutely, it wasn't discovered sooner.

Keep diggin' that hole!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology