ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM   #2561
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
This seems worth emphasising. Given Donny's propensity to act on whoever was the last person who spoke to him, here's a report on who that is most of the time. From today's Guardian: The Trump Whisperers.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-rush-limbaugh
A snippet from that link:
Quote:
... Trumpís own instinct to fight on an issue that he is being told will make or break his presidency.
He's right about that. I had on my Hazmat suit earlier and wandered among the comments on Townhall, a very right wing site. Even the few threads I followed there were several comments to the effect "no wall, no vote". Dump has painted himself into a VERY small corner.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:22 PM   #2562
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
They would have to find where his hidey-hole is first.

Make a stink with news messaging and smoke him out.
Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM   #2563
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Which is why the Democrats should be dealing with McConnell and the GOP legislators. And they aren't doing this enough IMO.
Actually, we don't know that.

Sketchy reports have been surfacing the last few days that many MOR GOP senators are prepared to break from Mitch and his clique. Some have even been quite open.

IMHO, they are starting to see that their future in the Senate will be VERY short if they hitch their wagons to his train, or even just not oppose him. Because they rather wanted to make a career of being a Senator, whether for altruistic or more banal reasons. Elections for some of them are coming in less than two years now, and they will be looking at campaigning in the foreseeable future. And they definitely do not want the stink of McConnell and Trump still on their shoes then.

So it may be likely that quietly in the background the Dems have been sounding out deals for these people. All it would take is enough senators to flip and vote an override on the Trump veto, and the government opens again. Then the Trump & McConnell lark of holding the country to ransom falls flat on its face and they both look like the lonesome idjits they really are.

The only thing left for them to fight with will be "Make a deal on The Wall or I will hold my breath until my face turns blue!". Chances are they might just let him do that!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:31 PM   #2564
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
He's right about that. I had on my Hazmat suit earlier and wandered among the comments on Townhall, a very right wing site. Even the few threads I followed there were several comments to the effect "no wall, no vote". Dump has painted himself into a VERY small corner.
Oh dear. So that's 3 votes Donny won't get. What a pity.

An interesting point about the popularity stats. It may be that Trump is still popular, or even increasingly so, with certain demographics as a percentage is not because more people agree with him. It could be because it is always the same people agree with him just that their demographic population is shrinking.

E.g.

Previously, 100,000 Republicans, 60,000 like Donny = 60% popularity.
Now, 80,000 Republicans, same 60,000 like Donny = 75% popularity.

Another way of looking at it is to use Donny's popularity rating as a gauge of how fast the demographic is shrinking overall.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM   #2565
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Actually, we don't know that.
We know the Democrats aren't getting their messaging out into the news where it puts pressure on the GOP Senators.

The rest, I hope you're right.
Old Today, 02:55 AM   #2566
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

40 Tweets in a day -
if I had known that that is all you got to do as President, I would have run.
Old Today, 03:16 AM   #2567
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
This is classic Dump: Whine about the media then try to change the subject.
If you follow his twitter feed you will notice his tweets jump all over the place, there are maybe two or three that follow each other but then they jump.
It's as if he can't keep his mind one a subject for more than a few minutes.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:18 AM   #2568
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Thanks James!

James Woods
‏Verified account
@RealJamesWoods
Well played, Mr. President. You keep trying to make a deal and the Democrats would rather frolic on the beach. Both your speech and your proposal today were eminently presidential. Thank you for your efforts to protect our nation and our Constitution.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:19 AM   #2569
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

To all of the great people who are working so hard for your Country and not getting paid I say, THANK YOU - YOU ARE GREAT PATRIOTS! We must now work together, after decades of abuse, to finally fix the Humanitarian, Criminal & Drug Crisis at our Border. WE WILL WIN BIG!

ďNo President in modern times has kept more promises than Donald Trump!Ē Thank you Bill Bennett @SteveHiltonx

Curt Schilling deserves to be in the Baseball Hall of Fame. Great record, especially when under pressure and when it mattered most. Do what everyone in Baseball knows is right! @marklevinshow
Old Today, 03:24 AM   #2570
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Donald Trump Jr.
‏Verified account
@DonaldJTrumpJr
Maybe the left will one day stop trying desperately to destroy my family and especially @realDonaldTrump. Till then they will keep failing miserably while also undermining themselves and our democracy.
Old Today, 04:01 AM   #2571
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Retweeted

Donald Trump Jr.
‏Verified account
@DonaldJTrumpJr
Maybe the left will one day stop trying desperately to destroy my family and especially @realDonaldTrump. Till then they will keep failing miserably while also undermining themselves and our democracy.
Call a waaaaaambulance!

Hey, Junior! Do you remember how the GOP treated Obama and his family? No? Thought not.

You need Growacet.
Old Today, 04:02 AM   #2572
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

To all of the great people who are working so hard for your Country and not getting paid I say, THANK YOU - YOU ARE GREAT PATRIOTS! We must now work together, after decades of abuse, to finally fix the Humanitarian, Criminal & Drug Crisis at our Border. WE WILL WIN BIG!
What's this "we", Orange Man?
Old Today, 05:25 AM   #2573
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
LOL! Did we just get a visit from

"I know you are but what am I?"

I guess that is the preferred form of argumentation, straight from grade school.
Making a joke isn't a fallacy.

Besides, you can't accuse someone of hypocrisy because of someone else's actions.

You really suck at this logic thing.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:11 AM   #2574
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
It is delightful that you are trying to claim that meme is old and busted.

Oh sorry, oLd aNd BuStEd
Dad, that's so lame.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics