ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 

Notices


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 14th February 2018, 04:02 PM   #41
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,005
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Right wing reporter is right wing.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2018, 04:59 PM   #42
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,410
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
I wish I could recall the name of the OKC newswoman/reporter whose info blew the lid off the official version of reality.
Evidence?


Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Second bomb found, etc etc.
Evidence?


Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
She got censored.
Apparently not. I followed the link you provided below. It says she published a book on all this.


Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Until I recall her name, y'all will have to settle for this bone to gnaw on, which you've surely "debunked" earlier. A Noble Lie video. Maybe there is a book as well.
So a readily available video and a book for sale on Amazon, and yet you claim she was censored?

Censoring in China or North Korea or Russian is a bit different, I understand.

What's your definition of "censorship"?


Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Search results, for your convenience...
https://www.google.com/search?q=a+no...nt=firefox-b-1
.
Thanks. I have just one more question for you (below).


Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Great. How many people were indicted based on her evidence? Not even looking for a conviction. I'll settle for an indictment or two to start the ball rolling. How many?

Hank

PS: Neither you nor MicahJava actually tried to answer any of the questions I threw out initially. You changed the subject in an attempt at a logical fallacy (it's called a Red Herring, if you're inclined to actually look it up).

It might as well be called "Halley's Comet". As in "Look, it's Halley's Comet!" (emphatic pointing while you turn and sprint away).

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 14th February 2018 at 05:17 PM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2018, 07:00 PM   #43
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,258
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
https://media0.giphy.com/media/7bgcQ6chMApR6/giphy.gifJames D. Ellison testified that Snell had conceived of a plan in 1983 to destroy a federal building in Oklahoma with a rocket launcher. Kerry Noble corroborated Ellison and swore that Snell targeted the Murrah building specifically.
And if you had been paying attention tom the subject matter you'd know that William Pierce had his white power mental defectives destroy F.B.I. headquarters with a truck bomb - The Turner Diaries, copyright date 1980.

He also had his protagonist finish off the evil ZOG with a private plane carrying a nuke to destroy D.C.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2018, 07:04 PM   #44
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,258
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
I wish I could recall the name of the OKC newswoman/reporter whose info blew the lid off the official version of reality. Second bomb found, etc etc. She got censored.

Until I recall her name, y'all will have to settle for this bone to gnaw on, which you've surely "debunked" earlier.

A Noble Lie video. Maybe there is a book as well.

Search results, for your convenience...

https://www.google.com/search?q=a+no...nt=firefox-b-1
.
ATF office evidently had either live exord or training (read as inert) devices. No live explosive devices were discovered inside the MFB.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2018, 09:56 PM   #45
Bubba
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,423
(Jayna Davis was censored)

Quote:
HSeizant said:
Apparently not. I followed the link you provided below. It says she published a book on all this.

Apparently that makes the point.

IIRC she said her bosses nixed her reporting at the time. Hunch that's why she wrote the book.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2018, 10:50 PM   #46
Elagabalus
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,424
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
(Jayna Davis was censored)




Apparently that makes the point.

IIRC she said her bosses nixed her reporting at the time. Hunch that's why she wrote the book.

Oh, Bubba! Everything but he official story ... eh? Can't trust anyone because they're officials ....
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2018, 11:29 PM   #47
Bubba
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,423
In case you forgot...

Terry Yeakey

https://www.google.com/search?q=Terr...nt=firefox-b-1
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2018, 11:31 PM   #48
Bubba
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,423
Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Oh, Bubba! Everything but he official story ... eh? Can't trust anyone because they're officials ....

Out of the mouths of babes....

Last edited by Bubba; 15th February 2018 at 11:33 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2018, 11:34 PM   #49
Bubba
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,423
Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Oh, Bubba! Everything but he official story ... eh? Can't trust anyone because they're officials ....

By all means Elagabalus, do go on trusting your beloved officials.

Quote:
The official report said "Suicide," and anyone who believes an ANFO bomb
destroyed Murrah and the other surrounding buildings will believe this.
According to the report, Terry slashed himself eleven times on both forearms
before cutting his own throat twice near the jugular vein. Then, apparently
seeking even a more private place to die, he crawled another mile of rough
terrain away from his car and climbed a fence, before shooting himself in
the head with a small caliber revolver. What appeared to be rope burns on
his neck, handcuff bruises to his wrists, and muddy grass imbedded in his
slash wounds strongly indicated that he had some help in traversing this
final distance.

Terry Yeakey https://www.google.com/search?q=Terr...nt=firefox-b-1

Last edited by Bubba; 15th February 2018 at 11:37 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2018, 11:39 PM   #50
Bubba
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,423
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
ATF office evidently had either live exord or training (read as inert) devices. No live explosive devices were discovered inside the MFB.




Of course they told you that, they are the officials. Just ask Elagabalus.



.

Last edited by Bubba; 16th February 2018 at 12:06 AM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2018, 11:46 PM   #51
Bubba
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,423
Here is a NY Times...."official story", Elagabalus.

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/05/11/us...s-himself.html


compare with


http://thefreethoughtproject.com/okc...rrance-yeakey/

Last edited by Bubba; 15th February 2018 at 11:48 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2018, 11:50 PM   #52
Bubba
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,423
Medical examiner's reports on Yeakey's death posted in this article...

http://www.riflewarrior.com/who_kill...ry_yeakey.html
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 04:22 AM   #53
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 8,278
Spamming the thread with links is a waste of time and a very lazy way to debate.

Most of us don't read links when they are spammed in this way (I certainly don't), and I'm pretty sure most of the skeptics here don't bother either. CT's like you tend to link just to your echo-chamber nutcase CT sites.

Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 0 and rule 12.
__________________
► 9/11 was a terrorist attack by Islamic extremists; 12 Apollo astronauts really did walk on the Moon; JFK was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald,who acted alone.
► Never underestimate the power of the Internet to lend unwarranted credibility to the colossally misinformed. - Jay Utah
► Heisenberg's Law - The weirdness of the Universe is inversely proportional to the scale at which you observe it, or not.

Last edited by zooterkin; 18th February 2018 at 10:35 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 06:06 AM   #54
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 27,152
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
(Jayna Davis was censored)




Apparently that makes the point.

IIRC she said her bosses nixed her reporting at the time. Hunch that's why she wrote the book.
Is that the book that shows Snell is the smoking gun in the OKC bombing?
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 07:36 AM   #55
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 17,675
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Medical examiner's reports on Yeakey's death posted in this article...

http://www.riflewarrior.com/who_kill...ry_yeakey.html
Your link makes this claim

Quote:
Although the Yeakey incident occurred some thirty miles away in a different
jurisdiction, the investigation was quickly taken out of the hands of the El
Reno police and the Canadian County sheriff and turned over to the Oklahoma
City Police Department and the FBI. No homicide investigation was ever
conducted, and there was no autopsy.
Yet also cites the autopsy diagrams and x-rays.

Didn't that make you even slightly suspicious?

It's baloney
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 09:23 AM   #56
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,796
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Medical examiner's reports on Yeakey's death posted in this article...

http://www.riflewarrior.com/who_kill...ry_yeakey.html
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Medical examiner's reports on Yeakey's death posted in this article...

http://www.riflewarrior.com/who_kill...ry_yeakey.html
Bubba, thank you for mentioning Terrance Yeakey in this thread, but the article you linked states the allegations of Tonia Rivera and some of Yeakey's other family members as fact without mentioning that in the text.

The primary source for information about Yeakey is The Oklahoma City Bombing and the Politics of Terror. Author David Hoffman interviewed several of Yeakey's friends and family members.

ebook pdf version 1: http://libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=...032C3BEE9DCABB

ebook pdf version 2: http://libgen.io/_ads/1C995E81F61FBC56A35A085434DE256D

After Feral House was threatened, they stopped making and selling copies of this book, so the author allowed these ebook versions to flourish.

1998 radio show interview with Tonia Rivera Yeakey: https://archive.org/details/WhoKille...cerTerryYeakey

WeAreChangeOklahoma - What did Sgt. Terrance Yeakey know? (2010)

Yeakey segment from film A Noble Lie: Oklahoma City 1995 (2011):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyXMyDl0OlE

Craig Roberts did a book in 2017 that contains some exclusive information on Yeakey, despite also having some of the old problems as his Rifle Warrior article. A copy is on the Library Genesis website but I can't link that here.

my unfinished page on Yeakey: http://okbomb.wikia.com/wiki/Terrance_Yeakey

I have also personally spoken with Terrance Yeakey's niece on Facebook and she told me that he did not own a gun except his service weapon.

Here is a high-quality copy of Yeakey's medical examiner's report: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zh3ve6o5o4...eport.pdf?dl=0
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 09:27 AM   #57
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,796
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
And if you had been paying attention tom the subject matter you'd know that William Pierce had his white power mental defectives destroy F.B.I. headquarters with a truck bomb - The Turner Diaries, copyright date 1980.

He also had his protagonist finish off the evil ZOG with a private plane carrying a nuke to destroy D.C.
BStrong, you're not seriously saying that is a coincidence, are you? Snell bragged that there would be a huge bombing and then there was one, in the same city and reportedly the same exact building he targeted beforehand?
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 09:31 AM   #58
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,796
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Your link makes this claim



Yet also cites the autopsy diagrams and x-rays.

Didn't that make you even slightly suspicious?

It's baloney
Medical Examiner's report, not autopsy.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 09:32 AM   #59
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,796
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
I wish I could recall the name of the OKC newswoman/reporter whose info blew the lid off the official version of reality. Second bomb found, etc etc. She got censored.

Until I recall her name, y'all will have to settle for this bone to gnaw on, which you've surely "debunked" earlier.

A Noble Lie video. Maybe there is a book as well.

Search results, for your convenience...

https://www.google.com/search?q=a+no...nt=firefox-b-1
.
Here is my catalogue of a lot of the witnesses and reports of multiple bombs:

http://okbomb.wikia.com/wiki/Reports..._Building_site

Take from it what you will.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 09:35 AM   #60
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,796
Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post
There should be a question mark in the title of the thread.

So how do you explain them? And what evidence do you use to support your explanation? Please, use as much space as you need to develop your theory here and provide the supporting evidence.


When did Noble say this, to whom, and how credible is Noble? And what's your source and how credible is your source? Explain your approach to this.


Everyone in the FBI, or just some people? Which people? Can you cite for this claim? Isn't the argument in JFK conspiracyland that the FBI is untrustworthy and part of the coverup? Did they become trustworthy and can we cite their conclusions on the JFK assassination thread now, or is there still a distrust of the FBI conclusions when discussing the JFK assassination? Can you explain the apparent doubt standard you're utilizing in these two different threads?

How credible is Ellison, when did he first 'confirm' this, and what's your source for this? And how credible is your source, and how did you determine that? Explain your approach to this.

Why do you call it a 'premonition'? Wouldn't they be the logical suspects at first? When did the World Trade Center bombing occur - the first one? And who committed that bombing? What point are you trying to make? Can you explain it, and the evidence for it?

Thanks so much.
Hank
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-fe...-okla-bombing/

"I think their only real concern back then was Elohim City," said Kerry Noble, the witness questioned by the FBI on March 28, 1995, just three weeks before McVeigh detonated a truck bomb outside the building and killed more than 160 people.

Noble told AP his FBI questioners appeared particularly concerned about what Elohim City members might do on April 19 because one of their heroes, Wayne Snell, was being executed that day, and another, James Ellison, was returning to Oklahoma after ending parole in Florida.

FBI officials confirmed Noble's account.

Snell, Ellison and Noble had plotted to attack the Murrah building in 1983 with plastic explosives and rocket launchers, according to Noble and FBI officials. The plan never reached fruition, and the group was arrested in 1985 after a siege with law enforcers in Arkansas.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 09:44 AM   #61
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,258
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
BStrong, you're not seriously saying that is a coincidence, are you? Snell bragged that there would be a huge bombing and then there was one, in the same city and reportedly the same exact building he targeted beforehand?
I addressed that in post 7:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...04&postcount=7

It's entirely possible that a mental defective like McVeigh had contact with like-minded white power mental defectives and talked about his plans, and it's possible that whoever he spoke with spread the good news.

Even if those possibilities were actuals, it doesn't change the basic facts wrt the OKC bombing.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 09:53 AM   #62
Bubba
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,423
oops

sorry

mistake

Last edited by Bubba; 16th February 2018 at 11:02 AM. Reason: oops sorry bad timing
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 09:56 AM   #63
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,796
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
I addressed that in post 7:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...04&postcount=7

It's entirely possible that a mental defective like McVeigh had contact with like-minded white power mental defectives and talked about his plans, and it's possible that whoever he spoke with spread the good news.

Even if those possibilities were actuals, it doesn't change the basic facts wrt the OKC bombing.
Congratulations, you are now a conspiracy theorist. Welcome to the club
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 10:31 AM   #64
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 24,923
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Congratulations, you are now a conspiracy theorist. Welcome to the club
McVeigh was a conspiracy theorist, like you.
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 11:03 AM   #65
Bubba
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,423
Maybe McVeigh was an operative ie a good patriotic but throwaway soldier recruited and assigned to infiltrate radical groups and set them up with some treasonous plot, as we know has been done before by fed agency or agencies.

That idea came from seeing a claim somewhere that Oswald was also a good soldier, recruited by coverts, assigned to pretend defecting to russia, to very visibly fake supporting Cuba, but sadly was a throwaway set up.

The troops are known to be considered throwaways when deemed 'necessary'. (They've said this to me.) Or just ask Kissinger. Having been a soldier himself, he complained bitterly that military men are treated like “dumb, stupid animals to be used” as pawns for foreign policy.

While perhaps not the case in OKC and Dallas, acknowledging the truth these scenarios can happen is actually refreshing and healthy. I'd always prefer that stance over navigating reality with limited sight caused by a large stick up one's butt.

Last edited by Bubba; 16th February 2018 at 11:30 AM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 11:27 AM   #66
Bubba
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,423
Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
McVeigh was a conspiracy theorist....

Since you are obviously an authority per endless swaggering confidence, how do you know McVeigh wasn't a throwaway undercover operative tasked with infiltrating and setting up radicals in a legit sting op which rogue (bad) higher ups then stepped in (as planned) and turned it, making it 'hot'?

Please be so kind as to reassure us by explaining how you know this could not possibly be the case.

Last edited by Bubba; 16th February 2018 at 11:29 AM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 12:08 PM   #67
Elagabalus
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,424
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Maybe McVeigh was an operative ie a good patriotic but throwaway soldier recruited and assigned to infiltrate radical groups and set them up with some treasonous plot ....

By throwaway you mean ne'er-do-well's who decided, for once, to follow through on something, felt the energy and changed history. The End.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 12:08 PM   #68
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,005
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Since you are obviously an authority per endless swaggering confidence, how do you know McVeigh wasn't a throwaway undercover operative tasked with infiltrating and setting up radicals in a legit sting op which rogue (bad) higher ups then stepped in (as planned) and turned it, making it 'hot'?

Please be so kind as to reassure us by explaining how you know this could not possibly be the case.
What, you mean other than the fact that he confessed? He had plenty of time to reveal his true identity, yet he didn't.

Why?

Terry Nichols is still alive, why isn't he talking?

Finally, what changed after OKC? Did the FBI and ATF round up right-wing/neo-Nazi militia trash and toss them into prison? Nope. Did the government take away all the guns? Nope.

You logic fails just by looking out the window.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 12:12 PM   #69
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 8,278
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Since you are obviously an authority per endless swaggering confidence, how do you know McVeigh wasn't a throwaway undercover operative tasked with infiltrating and setting up radicals in a legit sting op which rogue (bad) higher ups then stepped in (as planned) and turned it, making it 'hot'?

Please be so kind as to reassure us by explaining how you know this could not possibly be the case.
This is typical CT nutcase rhetoric right out of the CT playbook; Lesson 102: Switching the burden of proof

YOU are the one making the claim that McVeigh was a government undercover operative, so its up to YOU to prove that claim, not up to anyone else to disprove it.
__________________
► 9/11 was a terrorist attack by Islamic extremists; 12 Apollo astronauts really did walk on the Moon; JFK was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald,who acted alone.
► Never underestimate the power of the Internet to lend unwarranted credibility to the colossally misinformed. - Jay Utah
► Heisenberg's Law - The weirdness of the Universe is inversely proportional to the scale at which you observe it, or not.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 12:39 PM   #70
Bubba
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,423
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post


Blah...


making the claim that McVeigh was a government undercover operative,


....blah.


There you go again. Wrong.

You want to see (pretend) a claim is where there obviously was none. This is typical BS putting words in mouth failed attempt.

I'm getting the impression those without sticks up butts are more capable of acknowledging hypothetical scenarios.


I conduct seminars, rehabilitating recovering pseudo-skeptics. Developing abilities to entertain hypothetical scenarios is a separate module in the advanced program. On day one they are all giggly and nervous, as they've never even knew it could be done. Some catch on.

Last edited by Bubba; 16th February 2018 at 12:52 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 01:38 PM   #71
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 27,152
Are the seminars where you show Snell is the smoking gun?
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 02:12 PM   #72
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 8,278
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
There you go again. Wrong.
No, not wrong, correct

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
You want to see (pretend) a claim is where there obviously was none.
Really?

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Maybe McVeigh was an operative ie a good patriotic but throwaway soldier recruited and assigned to infiltrate radical groups and set them up with some treasonous plot
Looks like you're making a claim to me...

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
...how do you know McVeigh wasn't a throwaway undercover operative tasked with infiltrating and setting up radicals in a legit sting op which rogue (bad) higher ups then stepped in (as planned) and turned it, making it 'hot'?

Please be so kind as to reassure us by explaining how you know this could not possibly be the case.
... and issuing a challenge to beachnut to prove that YOUR claim is not true.

This isn't how it works... YOUR claim, YOUR job to prove it - put up or rescind your claim then shut up about it.
__________________
► 9/11 was a terrorist attack by Islamic extremists; 12 Apollo astronauts really did walk on the Moon; JFK was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald,who acted alone.
► Never underestimate the power of the Internet to lend unwarranted credibility to the colossally misinformed. - Jay Utah
► Heisenberg's Law - The weirdness of the Universe is inversely proportional to the scale at which you observe it, or not.

Last edited by smartcooky; 16th February 2018 at 02:13 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 02:45 PM   #73
Pacal
Muse
 
Pacal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 922
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Maybe McVeigh was an operative ie a good patriotic but throwaway soldier recruited and assigned to infiltrate radical groups and set them up with some treasonous plot, as we know has been done before by fed agency or agencies.

That idea came from seeing a claim somewhere that Oswald was also a good soldier, recruited by coverts, assigned to pretend defecting to russia, to very visibly fake supporting Cuba, but sadly was a throwaway set up.

The troops are known to be considered throwaways when deemed 'necessary'. (They've said this to me.) Or just ask Kissinger. Having been a soldier himself, he complained bitterly that military men are treated like “dumb, stupid animals to be used” as pawns for foreign policy.

While perhaps not the case in OKC and Dallas, acknowledging the truth these scenarios can happen is actually refreshing and healthy. I'd always prefer that stance over navigating reality with limited sight caused by a large stick up one's butt.
It is also "possible" that McVeigh was a time travelling 6th dimensional Alien. The point is that this possibility has zero evidence for it. In fact the "possibilities" you outline are also extremely unlikely, given the lack of evidence for them. So why should they be taken seriously in the slightest?

No doubt fantasizing all sorts of "possibilities" can be refreshing and entertaining but sooner or later, in order to be taken seriously, you must have evidence for them. Otherwise they are just entertaining fantasies.
Pacal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 03:21 PM   #74
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,410
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
(Jayna Davis was censored)
Apparently that makes the point. IIRC she said her bosses nixed her reporting at the time. Hunch that's why she wrote the book.
She said... so what?

That's why they were her bosses. Not everything someone writes is deemed worthy of getting on the air, is it?

In her opinion it should have been broadcast. In theirs it should not.

That's not censorship. That's editorial discretion.

Again, she wrote a book and has a video. Show the censorship.

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 03:21 PM   #75
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 8,278
Originally Posted by Pacal View Post
It is also "possible" that McVeigh was a time travelling 6th dimensional Alien. The point is that this possibility has zero evidence for it.
Exactly! There is the same amount of evidence that McVeigh was "a time travelling 6th dimensional Alien", as there is that he was "a good patriotic but throwaway soldier recruited and assigned to infiltrate radical groups and set them up with some treasonous plot"......NONE!

Even if Bubba is merely advancing the "throwaway soldier" idea as a possibility, he is making a claim, especially if he then challenges people to disprove it...

He needs to front up with supporting evidence, or rescind the claim.
__________________
► 9/11 was a terrorist attack by Islamic extremists; 12 Apollo astronauts really did walk on the Moon; JFK was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald,who acted alone.
► Never underestimate the power of the Internet to lend unwarranted credibility to the colossally misinformed. - Jay Utah
► Heisenberg's Law - The weirdness of the Universe is inversely proportional to the scale at which you observe it, or not.

Last edited by smartcooky; 16th February 2018 at 03:22 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 03:27 PM   #76
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,410
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
In case you forgot...

Terry Yeakey

https://www.google.com/search?q=Terr...nt=firefox-b-1
Deemed a suicide. What question are you trying to answer here?

The ones I asked on this thread were these:

Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post
Evidence? [that blew the cover off]


Evidence? [of second bomb]


Apparently not. I followed the link you provided below. It says she published a book on all this.


So a readily available video and a book for sale on Amazon, and yet you claim she was censored?

Censoring in China or North Korea or Russian is a bit different, I understand.

What's your definition of "censorship"? [editiorial discretion, apparently]

Thanks. I have just one more question for you (below).

Great. How many people were indicted based on her evidence? Not even looking for a conviction. I'll settle for an indictment or two to start the ball rolling. How many?

Hank

PS: Neither you nor MicahJava actually tried to answer any of the questions I threw out initially. You changed the subject in an attempt at a logical fallacy (it's called a Red Herring, if you're inclined to actually look it up).

It might as well be called "Halley's Comet". As in "Look, it's Halley's Comet!" (emphatic pointing while you turn and sprint away).

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 16th February 2018 at 04:23 PM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 04:02 PM   #77
fuelair
Suspended
 
fuelair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 57,679
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Um... Hello? Prison official Alan Ables swore that Snell BRAGGED that there would be a bombing around the time of his execution.
With no offense, so what. I understand a lot of executables try on stuff hoping to delay their reward.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 04:05 PM   #78
fuelair
Suspended
 
fuelair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 57,679
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Since you are obviously an authority per endless swaggering confidence, how do you know McVeigh wasn't a throwaway undercover operative tasked with infiltrating and setting up radicals in a legit sting op which rogue (bad) higher ups then stepped in (as planned) and turned it, making it 'hot'?

Please be so kind as to reassure us by explaining how you know this could not possibly be the case.
Possibilities are many and free to produce but way low on provable, realities
are important, maybes not so much.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 04:16 PM   #79
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,410
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
from: http://www.riflewarrior.com/who_kill...ry_yeakey.html

'One of the last people Officer Yeakey talked to was a friend who knew he was on a mission of private investigation.1

Terry had told him that he was on his way to El Reno to check out something2 but first he had to shake the FBI agents who were following him.3

He was traveling in his private automobile, and witnesses said later that the inside looked like someone had "butchered a hog" on the front seat.4
...
No homicide investigation was ever conducted, and there was no autopsy.5"

_______________
Footnotes:
1No friend named, no source cited.
2No friend named, no source cited.
3No friend named, no source cited. No evidence of an FBI tail.
4No witnesses named, no source cited.
5The autopsy results are shown above this claim of no autopsy. And then there's this: "Webmaster's note: All the autopsy evidence..." So in the same article it's claimed there was no autopsy, they reference the autopsy and the autopsy results. Hilarious.

Hank

PS: As you're a CT, I'm not surprised you didn't mention any of the above issues. They are par for the course in CT writing.
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 16th February 2018 at 04:36 PM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2018, 04:29 PM   #80
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,410
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Maybe McVeigh was an operative ie a good patriotic but throwaway soldier recruited and assigned to infiltrate radical groups and set them up with some treasonous plot, as we know has been done before by fed agency or agencies.
And maybe not. Evidence for your speculation?


Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
That idea came from seeing a claim somewhere that Oswald was also a good soldier, recruited by coverts, assigned to pretend defecting to russia, to very visibly fake supporting Cuba, but sadly was a throwaway set up.
Evidence for this claim? Just more speculation, right?


Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
The troops are known to be considered throwaways when deemed 'necessary'. (They've said this to me.) Or just ask Kissinger. Having been a soldier himself, he complained bitterly that military men are treated like “dumb, stupid animals to be used” as pawns for foreign policy.
Cite? It's not saying what you think it's saying. It reads like military men are smarter than they are credited with by politicians.


Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
While perhaps not the case in OKC and Dallas, acknowledging the truth these scenarios can happen is actually refreshing and healthy. I'd always prefer that stance over navigating reality with limited sight caused by a large stick up one's butt.
Begging the question.

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 16th February 2018 at 05:46 PM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:39 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.