ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 13th March 2018, 02:53 PM   #1
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Alex Jones sued for defamation over Charrlotesville incident...

https://www.thewrap.com/alex-jones-i...ttack-witness/

He will probably manage to weasel out of it by a first amendment defense,but hopefully he will be thoroughly embaraseed in the process.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 03:21 PM   #2
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Nothing embarrasses people like him. They are without shame.

"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky

"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 03:25 PM   #3
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

How much is Jones and Infowars worth? He should sue for that much plus a couple of million more. Bankrupt them both completely.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 03:38 PM   #4
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
How much is Jones and Infowars worth? He should sue for that much plus a couple of million more. Bankrupt them both completely.
In a just world he wouldn't have to, and in the world that exists a defeat will probably be spun into a victory. It reminds me a bit of a couple of our nutcase posters here, for whom up is down: the depth of the Illuminati/Jewish/whateverelse conspiracy is confirmed by the proof that it does not exist. But at least bankrupting Infowars would take a little discretionary cash out of the drooling hordes who will gofund it back. Maybe one of them, poor soul, will have to forego the ivory stock for his next rifle.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2018, 04:04 PM   #5
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Nothing embarrasses people like him. They are without shame.
Agreed, but he might destroy any creditbility he has left with the non crazy.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2018, 09:38 AM   #6
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Not really. Alex Jones is pretty much a litmus test for sanity.
Old 15th March 2018, 10:46 AM   #7
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

He might be in trouble due to the fact that during his child custody case, his attorney claimed that AJ doesn't really believe the things he says. That might be used to show that he knowingly made false defamatory statements.
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2018, 08:59 PM   #8
fuelair
Suspended

Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
He might be in trouble due to the fact that during his child custody case, his attorney claimed that AJ doesn't really believe the things he says. That might be used to show that he knowingly made false defamatory statements.
One can certainly hope!!!! Would be happy indeed to see him trying to sell pencils on the sidewalk with a little tin cup for the money. And drop in counterfeit coins.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2018, 08:14 PM   #9
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
One can certainly hope!!!! Would be happy indeed to see him trying to sell pencils on the sidewalk with a little tin cup for the money. And drop in counterfeit Syrian coins.
ftfy
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2018, 08:22 PM   #10
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

I think it's a bit late for that. I think the only people he has any credibility left with are the crazy people, or people who have never heard of him and so don't recognize him
Meadmaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2018, 08:58 PM   #11
fuelair
Suspended

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
ftfy
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2018, 09:20 PM   #12
angrysoba
Philosophile

I don't think you can reduce zero to anything.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2018, 11:33 AM   #13
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
I don't think you can reduce zero to anything.

He could develop (and arguable already has) negative credibility. That is, he would reduce the credibility of anyone he sits next to.

"Gee, I really used to respect Jimmy Carter, but then I saw him standing next to Alex Jones..."

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories