ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brexit

Old 6th December 2018, 11:29 AM   #641
The Moog
Thinker

Originally Posted by Wudang View Post
As I posted before even LeaveHQ said that trading on WTO terms would be bad

http://leavehq.com/blogview.aspx?blo...s9eTz74nTWYNpU
Have WTO terms even been agreed upon?
Last I checked they had been submitted but several countries objected...
The Moog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 12:09 PM   #642
Wudang
BOFH

Originally Posted by The Moog View Post
Have WTO terms even been agreed upon?
Last I checked they had been submitted but several countries objected...
Indeed. Even the very bad option of the WTO that LeaveHQ acknowledge as a catastrophe is something we will have to work to achieve. We could be worse off than even that.
Wudang is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 12:17 PM   #643
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by zooterkin View Post

Cite?
The Daily Mail was deprecated in the 2017 RfC. There is consensus that the Daily Mail (including its online version, MailOnline) is generally unreliable, and its use as a reference is generally prohibited, especially when other more reliable sources exist.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki...ennial_sources
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 12:22 PM   #644
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
Throwing more MEPs at the problem wouldn't make sense.

I got very interested in the EU back when the TPD was proposed as I ran a business that was directly affected by the proposed directive.

I campaigned against it long and hard along with many of my colleagues. It got passed. Only they used political dirty tricks to push it through. Which got me to wondering what other EU rules were also passed using such tactics, so I looked a lot closer and didn't like what I saw.

e.g. Lobbying. there are an estimated 25000 lobbyists in the EU corridors of power it's estimated they spend a combined 1.5bn euros a year on their lobbying.

It was pharma lobbyists that pushed the TPD through because they wanted to make a lot more money from ineffective and potentially harmful stop smoking treatments, and to control the vaping industry. After it got passed the barriers to entry for that market are now enormous, the innovation in it has been stifled and a lot of the smaller players, myself included, are no longer in business.

That just benefits big corporations. We, the people, elect our representatives and they get sweet talked by lobbyists and line their own pockets at the expense of the majority. That's what I am talking about when I call the EU an undemocratic gravy train. That is what needs changing.

If instead of the TPD that we have now MEPs had been allowed to properly review the science and the evidence, then we could have had reasonable proportional regulations that protected the consumers and also were attainable by small/medium businesses. There'd be more choice and more competition so the end consumer would pay less.
and

Yes it was terrible that the evil EU forced manufacturers to actually test their products and truthfully list the ingredients.

As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 12:23 PM   #645
3point14
Pi

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
The Daily Mail was deprecated in the 2017 RfC. There is consensus that the Daily Mail (including its online version, MailOnline) is generally unreliable, and its use as a reference is generally prohibited, especially when other more reliable sources exist.
I think he was just correcting my spelling...
Old 6th December 2018, 12:24 PM   #646
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Lothian View Post
My ref would be a STV

Do you want

1 May's deal
2 Leave without a deal
3 Remain.

Put number 1 by your first choice and 2 by your second choice.
In the event that no choice gains 50 % of the vote, the votes for the option with the fewest votes will be reallocated where a second preference is given.

For 'leave with out a deal' votors 'preference' means things you like. 50% means half.
That could create a terrible precedent for using STV voting in elections.
Old 6th December 2018, 12:28 PM   #647
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by 3point14 View Post
I think he was just correcting my spelling...
I wondered...
Old 6th December 2018, 12:52 PM   #648
Information Analyst
Philosopher

Originally Posted by 3point14 View Post
The man's a ****. Easy.

(the starred out word above is the worst one you can think of, just fyi. It's a word I use about once a year)
"Tory"?
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 12:52 PM   #649
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Brexit: ITV scraps plans for TV debate between leaders

ITV has scrapped its plans to hold a Brexit debate between Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn this Sunday.

The channel said it had invited both parties to appear on the programme two days ahead of the meaningful vote on Mrs May's withdrawal agreement.

But an ITV spokeswoman confirmed on Thursday that it would "not go ahead".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46476324
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 01:02 PM   #650
Information Analyst
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Since it appears that it's just England who wants to leave, couldn't you put the hard border between England and the rest of the UK?
Wales also voted to Leave, but then specific areas of England voted Remain (e.g. London, most major cities, etc.).
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 01:17 PM   #651
Information Analyst
Philosopher

Of course the problem is that some editors try to game the system and insist that no cite to the Mail whatsoever is valid, even though there are stated exemptions, e.g. when citing a controversial Mail article.
Old 6th December 2018, 02:09 PM   #652
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
The article makes no suggestion that it has to be that. The article, rather, points out that occupants of the current registered address of the company denied that they were in any way associated with it, indicating that the current registered address is fraudulent. It also points out that the publicly available accounts of the organisation are not, in fact, publicly available, meaning thatthe company is in violation of the terms by which it qualifies for limited disclosure exemption. But I'm sure you could read all that perfectly clearly too.

Dave

It is quite normal - where there is a firm offering multiple company directorships - for there to be literally dozens of companies sharing the same 'registered address'.
Old 6th December 2018, 02:12 PM   #653
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
It is quite normal - where there is a firm offering multiple company directorships - for there to be literally dozens of companies sharing the same 'registered address'.
Small potatoes, here in the US we have thousands of corperations sharing one PO box.

THis house has 200,000

https://freebeacon.com/issues/delawa...lary-clintons/
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 02:17 PM   #654
Belgian thought
Master Poster

I'll keep this brief as this isn't the topic of the thread but basically:

Article 20 (the bit that pertains to vaping) was tacked onto the TPD and was drafted in a rushed process called trilogue . this is basically a behind closed doors series of meeting with EU lawyers and some other interested parties, to hammer out the text of directives.

The people in the meetings for Article 20 of the TPD didn't include any pro-vaping people or anyone representing the lots of credible scientific research that was being done at the time. IIRC we had something like 7 or 8 peer reviewed papers from proper scientific journals detailing exactly how and why the directive was bad all of which was hand waved away by the trilogue committee and wasn't properly debated prior to the vote.
They drafted a dogs dinner of a directive as a result of lack of expertise and lack of consultation.

Here is a blog from the time from Clive Bates. Clive is a former director of ASH (Action on Smoking and Health) and has also worked as a civil servant for the cabinet office and Environment Agency, so in short he knows what he's talking about.

To top all that off the President of the European Parliament at the time Martin Schulz refused initially to allow split and separate voting for different aspects of the TPD (which was and is, in most part, a good directive) changing his mind an hour before the vote took place (Feb 26th 2014) then he refused to allow more time for stakeholders to make their case against article 18A (which later became Article 20) so the whole thing got passed in a very rushed vote. (this is the political dirty trick I am referring to)

MEP Martin Callanan (now Lord Callanan) stood up in the EP immediately before the vote to try to make the case for having more time to review Article18A and was shut down in short order.

I am not saying it's undemocratic because I didn't get my way, I am saying it's undemocratic because directives that effect millions of Europeans should at least be drafted by people who have expertise on the subject at hand and then properly debated before being voted on.

It turns out that many EU directives are drafted using trilogue, which seems to me to be a very flawed process.

EU directives, by and large, reflect the desires of corporate lobbyists and not what would actually be best for the people.

I'll happily go into more depth if you are interested on the TPD, but not in this thread. The full text of the TPD is here.
There are sites that discuss EU lobbying but, I agree with you that the EU should be more transparent.

https://www.integritywatch.eu/lobbyist.html
Old 6th December 2018, 02:24 PM   #655
Wudang
BOFH

In fact if you google the address there are a lot of companies using that address. One is a Manx ISP I've dealt with and others. And the place isn't so shabby as the BBC make it seem speaking as a regular visitor to Douglas.
Wudang is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 04:58 PM   #656
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Yes, I'm well aware of that. What is not normal is for the occupants of the registered address to make it clear that they have no knowledge whatsoever of the firm that is supposedly registered there.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 06:15 PM   #657
Ambrosia
Good of the Fods

and

Yes it was terrible that the evil EU forced manufacturers to actually test their products and truthfully list the ingredients.
It was already a legal requirement that companies list their ingredients.

I, like most of the small vaping guys *did * get my liquids tested.

The vaping industry circa 2016 *wanted* there to be testing and standards.

What should have happened is that the TPD should have been passed without any reference to vaping stuff, what with vaping products not containing any tobacco and it being the *tobacco products* directive, and then there should have been a whole new separate directive to put in place reasonable testing and standards and regulations for vaping.

Testing and standards that reflected the peer reviewed science that would have protected the public and offered consumers choice and competition.
The best outcome for the average person would have been testing and standards that were attainable for an average small/medium business.

Instead they forced GMP (good manufacturing practice) onto everyone, which sounds good, but is actually pharmaceutical grade manufacturing practices, which cost upwards of 20k to implement. per item.

Instead of forcing just the cowboys out of business it forced most of the small/medium businesses out and handed control of the vaping market over to big business.

I took the lessons I learned from all of that and started up a new business selling fudge as it happens, but the TPD means that the NHS nowadays has a much higher bill to pay for the times that it recommends vaping as an alternative to smoking because most of the people left in the vaping market are pharma/tobacco companies who pass the extra costs onto the end user.

I can talk about the TPD at length, for hours. It's an appalling piece of legislation that should never have been passed. But it was, because lobbyists.

And yes I am well aware that there are lobbyists in the UK, but by and large lobbying in the UK isn't as bad as that in the EU and we are still much better off than the US in that regard.

Also it's easier to campaign against and repeal country specific legislation, rather than EU wide legislation.
Ambrosia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 06:43 PM   #658
Ambrosia
Good of the Fods

And yet isn't Sweden in the EU?
Yes. Yes it is.

You would think that as smoking is so detrimental to public health and because it drains so much of taxpayers money from the public purse via treatments for smoking related diseases that anything that reduced smoking prevalence would be welcomed.

5% (five percent!) of adult Swedes smoke. Lots more of them use Snus.

We could reduce smoking prevalence from our present numbers of 15-20% to probably at least 10% if Snus was available Europe wide.

Sweden had to fight to be able to sell it at all, why can't smokers have the option to use Snus in the UK or in France or in Germany etc?

How much money would the NHS save if it had 1/3rd less of patients to treat with smoking related diseases?

What's the impact of those extra patients on waiting list times?

Is all of that really worth protecting the profits and CEO bonuses of pharma companies for? I don't think it is.
Ambrosia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 06:51 PM   #659
angrysoba
Philosophile

How much money would the NHS save if it had 1/3rd less of patients to treat with smoking related diseases?
Next bus slogan?

Of course, like the last one, the problem here is that you have to demonstrate that Brexit will result in the outcome you want.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 07:09 PM   #660
Ambrosia
Good of the Fods

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Next bus slogan?

Of course, like the last one, the problem here is that you have to demonstrate that Brexit will result in the outcome you want.
Brexit won't result in the outcome that I want.

I voted for Brexit as a protest vote. Lots of the Brexit campaign made me mad, including the bus slogan and just about everything Nigel Farage ever said and the fact that that I was voting the same was as the BNP and their ilk.

If I could go back and do things over I'd probably not have voted at all, but, ultimately my one single vote made sod all difference to the outcome.

Again, I am for European union, but against the EU.

I want open borders and free movement of goods and people.
I want close co-operation Europe wide for security.

I want the UK to have a little more say over the laws that govern it's people
Old 6th December 2018, 08:08 PM   #661
fromdownunder
Philosopher

I voted for Brexit as a protest vote. Lots of the Brexit campaign made me mad, including the bus slogan and just about everything Nigel Farage ever said and the fact that that I was voting the same was as the BNP and their ilk.

If I could go back and do things over I'd probably not have voted at all, but, ultimately my one single vote made sod all difference to the outcome.

Are you suggesting that your vote was unique, and that nobody else voted for BREXIT as a protest vote? It would have not taken too many voters to do what you did to change the result. Less than 2% would have led to a vote so close either way that nobody could be standing up and saying that "this is the will of the British people"

Norm

fromdownunder is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 08:19 PM   #662
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
Are you suggesting that your vote was unique, and that nobody else voted for BREXIT as a protest vote? It would have not taken too many voters to do what you did to change the result. Less than 2% would have led to a vote so close either way that nobody could be standing up and saying that "this is the will of the British people"

Norm
Wouldn't it cancel out with remain protest votes?
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 08:41 PM   #663
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post

You know that there were any remain protest votes from people who wanted to leave?

Norm

fromdownunder is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 10:47 PM   #664
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
You know that there were any remain protest votes from people who wanted to leave?

Norm
Your signature seems appropriate for the comment that you were replying to.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 01:08 AM   #665
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Yes. Yes it is.

You would think that as smoking is so detrimental to public health and because it drains so much of taxpayers money from the public purse via treatments for smoking related diseases that anything that reduced smoking prevalence would be welcomed.

We could reduce smoking prevalence from our present numbers of 15-20% to probably at least 10% if Snus was available Europe wide.

Sweden had to fight to be able to sell it at all, why can't smokers have the option to use Snus in the UK or in France or in Germany etc?

Is all of that really worth protecting the profits and CEO bonuses of pharma companies for? I don't think it is.
Er that would be because the UK government, the French government etc. have decided to regulate their citizenship.
Old 7th December 2018, 01:28 AM   #666
Information Analyst
Philosopher

I would content that all those who voted Leave for similarly capricious reasons were very much part of making the difference.

Quote:
I want the UK to have a little more say over the laws that govern it's people
Ah, the old UK exceptionalism argument again! The UK already had control over most of its laws. In the case of EU-mandated regulation, it had as much say as any other EU country in their formulation.

Last edited by Information Analyst; 7th December 2018 at 01:31 AM.
Old 7th December 2018, 01:30 AM   #667
angrysoba
Philosophile

How would that even work?
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 01:32 AM   #668
Information Analyst
Philosopher

I wouldn't say there were none, but there was far less evidence of them than vice versa.
Old 7th December 2018, 01:54 AM   #669
Klimax
NWO Cyborg 5960x (subversion VPUNPCKHQDQ)

Protest against what?

Engine: Ibalgin 400
Klimax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 01:57 AM   #670
Wudang
BOFH

Yes. Yes it is.

So you think the EU is a bad thing and the UK would make better laws on its own because another EU country made better laws for itself and the UK didn't? I'm not sure I follow.
Old 7th December 2018, 02:09 AM   #671
Lothian
should be banned

So you think the EU is a bad thing and the UK would make better laws on its own because another EU country made better laws for itself and the UK didn't? I'm not sure I follow.
No, Ambrosia is like most people and is taking a selfish attitude. Vaping is a common subject for Ambrosia. I suspect they are involved in the industry and wants to pedal more product and sees leaving the EU as a means to that.
Same as James, build my cleaners in Malaysia, Dyson and Arron, offshore companies, Banks. The unemployed want rid of foreigners who 'steal' their jobs. Middle class remainers pay enough for their quinoa, they don't want to pay import duties on top, and they certainly don't want to pay the inevitable higher taxes coming mainly their way when the economy tanks.
Everyone is selfish, but at least the remain side has the expert consensus that it better for the economy and therefore better for UK citizens as a whole. Leave is purely selfish.
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 02:21 AM   #672
Tolls
Illuminator

Did the UK oppose the modifications to the TPD?
Since the UK has not fought to allow Snus in the country, which should be possible since Sweden succeeded, then what makes anyone think a UK not in the EU would make a blind bit of difference?

This is the point.
Our governments have used the EU as a shield for legislation they appear to be quite happy with. As soon as you scratch the surface you find that they didn't actually put up a fight.
Tolls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 02:33 AM   #673
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Remain was a vote for the status quo. Protest votes are, by their very nature, votes against the status quo; saying "Everything is fine the way it is" has precisely zero protest value. I'm not saying there weren't a few voters who were too stupid to figure that out and thought they were protesting against something by voting Remain, but it's hard to see how anybody who'd given the matter a vestige of serious thought could have done so.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 02:37 AM   #674
erwinl
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Klimax View Post
Protest against what?
"I Really want the UK to be out of the EU!
But I absolutely oppose the extra 350M pounds per weeks for the NHS and so I vote Remain as a protest vote!"

Something like that?
Old 7th December 2018, 03:31 AM   #675
Amazer
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by erwinl View Post
But I absolutely oppose the extra 350M pounds per weeks for the NHS and so I vote Remain as a protest vote!"

Something like that?
Lol.... I like your thinking

But I absolutely oppose our MP's doing as they please (sod that sovereign parliament) and so I vote Remain as a protest vote!"
Amazer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 05:39 AM   #676
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Brexit: Collapse in pound would be no bad thing, says David Davis

Britain would benefit from a plunging pound after a no-deal Brexit, David Davis has said, suggesting it would ease the departure from Europe.

Rejecting claims that a hard Brexit would be worse for Britain than Europe, Mr Davis claimed a 10 per cent drop in sterling would not be “a bad thing”. He said it would have a negative impact on European importers while offsetting the cost of tariffs for British companies selling to Europe.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/3...5-4dc2d31f2a89

This is what Brexit has come to, promoting economic collapse as a benefit.

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 7th December 2018 at 05:41 AM.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 05:40 AM   #677
Tolls
Illuminator

Yes, because a jab of inflation would be just what we need, to add to our woes.

God than man is a complete arse.
Tolls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 05:44 AM   #678
3point14
Pi

Originally Posted by Tolls View Post
Yes, because a jab of inflation would be just what we need, to add to our woes.

God than man is a complete arse.

Makes you wonder who's paying him.
Old 7th December 2018, 05:44 AM   #679
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Remain was a vote for the status quo. Protest votes are, by their very nature, votes against the status quo; saying "Everything is fine the way it is" has precisely zero protest value. I'm not saying there weren't a few voters who were too stupid to figure that out and thought they were protesting against something by voting Remain, but it's hard to see how anybody who'd given the matter a vestige of serious thought could have done so.

Dave
I'm putting protest leave voters in the dumb person category. As such, I'm never sure when other dumb people cancel each other out because of their dumbness.

Present company excluded, of course.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 06:46 AM   #680
fagin
Philosopher

No need to exclude yourself.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics