ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 23rd February 2018, 06:44 PM   #41
MicahJava
Master Poster

More gifs of that South Tower northeast corner flash+expulsion+physical deformation.

MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2018, 06:59 PM   #42
MicahJava
Master Poster

The concept of little fiery dust explosions happening in and around the WTC is intriguing, but at the same time this "dust" we're talking about here is pulverized cement and fire-proofing material like gypsum wallboard and spray-applied gypsum fireproofing.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2018, 01:14 AM   #43
StackOverflow

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
The concept of little fiery dust explosions happening in and around the WTC is intriguing, but at the same time this "dust" we're talking about here is pulverized cement and fire-proofing material like gypsum wallboard and spray-applied gypsum fireproofing.
Translation: It could have been a dust explosion, but I don't want it to be a dust explosion therefore it was not a dust explosion.
StackOverflow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2018, 05:37 AM   #44
JSanderO
Master Poster

There was extensive fire in the region prior to the top tipping and collapsing.. the burning material was pushed out buy the over pressure. Why should it instantly extinguish? "expulsions" are from over pressure caused by collapsing material.
Old 24th February 2018, 11:54 AM   #45
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Wow, proof of a gravity collapse.

More confirmation of physics, E=mgh. Good job posting proof of a gravity collapse, and the absence of explosives. This was all available live on 9/11, and captured on video for the past 16 plus years. Where have you been for 16 years which has you believing in ridiculous conspiracy theories?

Study fires science please, you are completely in the dark on the subject.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2018, 01:28 PM   #46
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by StackOverflow View Post
Translation: It could have been a dust explosion, but I don't want it to be a dust explosion therefore it was not a dust explosion.
Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
There was extensive fire in the region prior to the top tipping and collapsing.. the burning material was pushed out buy the over pressure. Why should it instantly extinguish? "expulsions" are from over pressure caused by collapsing material.
Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Wow, proof of a gravity collapse.

More confirmation of physics, E=mgh. Good job posting proof of a gravity collapse, and the absence of explosives. This was all available live on 9/11, and captured on video for the past 16 plus years. Where have you been for 16 years which has you believing in ridiculous conspiracy theories?

Study fires science please, you are completely in the dark on the subject.
*Facepalm*

Don't you guys see it?

The "7" is clearly a signal from The Illuminati that WTC 7 was, in fact, the key to understanding the 9/11 attacks as a whole. It don't get much simpler than this. Your failure to grasp this basic clue saddens, angers and somewhat arouses me simultaneously.

You all are reduced one step in rank with a corresponding reduction in salary. Furthermore, you all are hereby order to attend the NWO Re-education seminar and mixer at the HQ of the Pacific Command in San Francisco. Undress accordingly. That is all.
Old 24th February 2018, 02:01 PM   #47
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
*Facepalm*

Don't you guys see it?

https://i.imgur.com/F1UTZlI.jpg

The "7" is clearly a signal from The Illuminati that WTC 7 was, in fact, the key to understanding the 9/11 attacks as a whole. It don't get much simpler than this. Your failure to grasp this basic clue saddens, angers and somewhat arouses me simultaneously.

You all are reduced one step in rank with a corresponding reduction in salary. Furthermore, you all are hereby order to attend the NWO Re-education seminar and mixer at the HQ of the Pacific Command in San Francisco. Undress accordingly. That is all.
Bah. Looks more like Sauron's helmet to me, partially obscured by dust and smoke.

"The Two Towers." Coincidence? I think not.
Old 24th February 2018, 03:14 PM   #48
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
*Facepalm*

Don't you guys see it?

https://i.imgur.com/F1UTZlI.jpg
Wow, I can see the missiles now! Those two long straight things with the pointy ends, right?

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2018, 08:40 PM   #49
MicahJava
Master Poster

Originally Posted by StackOverflow View Post
How would a dust explosion work when the dust is made of mostly gypsum and cement material which is inflammable?
Old 24th February 2018, 08:47 PM   #50
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

How would a dust explosion work when the dust is made of mostly gypsum and cement material which is inflammable?
They are not explosions caused by explosives, they are ejections caused by overpressure due to the collapse of massive structural elements.

This was explained in this thread.

This was explained ten years ago when I joined this forum.
Old 24th February 2018, 09:21 PM   #51
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Told you to study fire science, and instead you end up in a repeat JAQ

Why did you ignore the smoke? It is as if you never managed a fire, or tried to reduce smoke (looks like dust) in a fire... this is funny, you have had over 16 years to gain the knowledge to understand the 9/11 event was a result of the acts of 19 murderers mislead by UBL to hate, and murder Americans.

16 plus years
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2018, 02:08 AM   #52
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Are you saying inflammable things can't explode?
Old 25th February 2018, 02:26 AM   #53
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Are you saying inflammable things can't explode?
I think he doesn't understand that 'inflammable' isn't the opposite of 'flammable'. Plus, he's equivocating between 'dust explosion' and 'dust expulsion,' because the latter is what we all know actually happened but the former sounds more truthery.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2018, 06:14 AM   #54
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Wow, I can see the missiles now! Those two long straight things with the pointy ends, right?

Dave
I see a hand with raised index finger - Jesus admonishing us or someone of that ilk.
That's the beauty of studying chaotic events: You can always see something that makes you go "hmm!".
Old 25th February 2018, 07:31 AM   #55
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
I think he doesn't understand that 'inflammable' isn't the opposite of 'flammable'. Plus, he's equivocating between 'dust explosion' and 'dust expulsion,' because the latter is what we all know actually happened but the former sounds more truthery.

Dave
I was rather hoping we could allow MicahJava to work that one out for himself.

Spoilsport.
Old 25th February 2018, 01:39 PM   #56
MicahJava
Master Poster

Dave
I forgot for a second that "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing, but certainly you know what I meant and therefore appear to be desperately stalling and wasting time instead of addressing the important information.

I was interested in the concept of dust EXPLOSIONS at the WTC because it sounds like something that might be able to explain the flashes in the photographic and witness evidence. But I won't accept it without evidence or some reasoning to believe that was possible.
Old 25th February 2018, 02:10 PM   #57
bknight
Muse

Instead of these inane posts, why not put your eyes upon some technical literature to guide you to understanding what you obviously don't understand.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2018, 02:26 PM   #58
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

I forgot for a second that "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing, but certainly you know what I meant and therefore appear to be desperately stalling and wasting time instead of addressing the important information.

I was interested in the concept of dust EXPLOSIONS at the WTC because it sounds like something that might be able to explain the flashes in the photographic and witness evidence. But I won't accept it without evidence or some reasoning to believe that was possible.
Your opinion may be information but it certainly isn't important.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2018, 02:56 PM   #59
Dave Rogers

Yes, we need to stall and waste time because of the disturbingly rapid progress the truth movement has made towards blowing the lid off the 9/11 conspiracy. After only seventeen years, truthers have actually realised that "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing. At this rate, by about the 23rd century they may have identified a piece of evidence that hasn't already been explained to the satisfaction of everyone sane. We can't allow that to happen.

Dave

Old 25th February 2018, 03:02 PM   #60
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Flour dust can (sort of) explode. 'Violently conflagrate' might be the right expression. Who cares.

I read your post as rejecting the idea of 'dust explosions'. Good plan. Why not take a few extra steps and reject the whole nonsense, rather than strain at the gnats of minor detail?
Old 25th February 2018, 06:06 PM   #61
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dust_explosion

Grain elevator explosion and fire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDLkMDJXl_0
I've seen it here and in several other places that there is no Illuminati. That doesn't even make sense. There's a Wikipedia entry that talks about it. I'm not saying that everything on Wikipedia is true, but if you read it, it's just really clear how the Illuminati controls the world.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2018, 06:37 PM   #62
Whip
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Scott Sommers View Post
CONTROLLED DEMOLITION!!11!!111!!!11
CONTROLLED DEMOLITION11!1!!1!!!e@#rqergqerBWN[GUNVQPIUQWNEOD
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2018, 07:52 AM   #63
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

While we are at it, here is a quick (under 3 minutes) lesson on what constitutes combustible dust - which may explode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bp9hGxPRlc

This slightly longer (under 5 min) video has some instructional animations on what happens in a dust explosion, e.g. at a wood working shop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70fZqHsEdMo
Old 7th March 2018, 08:46 PM   #64
MicahJava
Master Poster

The grain silo explosion was very interesting to me.

So is the "dust explosion" theory the same as the "piston" theory, if not then what is the consensus of the users on this forum?
Old 7th March 2018, 08:53 PM   #65
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

So is the "dust explosion" theory the same as the "piston" theory,
What's that? I think this is a new one on me.

if not then what is the consensus of the users on this forum?

A bunch of pissed off arabs.
Old 7th March 2018, 09:10 PM   #66
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

So is the "dust explosion" theory the same as the "piston" theory, if not then what is the consensus of the users on this forum?
Please outline these "theories" as you understand them. I maybe behind the times but I don't recall their specifics. Thanks.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2018, 10:28 PM   #67
Axxman300
Illuminator

Call me old fashioned, but I'm going with a Boeing 767-200.
Old 7th March 2018, 11:08 PM   #68
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Call me old fashioned, but I'm going with a Boeing 767-200.
A lot you know. Those Boeings didn't use piston engines.
Old 8th March 2018, 02:26 AM   #69
Dave Rogers

The consensus of the users on this forum, I think, is that the falling upper parts of the towers carried entrained air which increased the pressure in the lower parts of the buildings, and that this pressure increase was partly relieved at specific places and times by breakage of individual windows, leading to expulsion of air with entrained debris. Describing this as the "piston theory" is a strawman argument, designed to prepare the way for an invalid counter-argument that the falling upper sections did not constitute a reasonable analogue to a piston sealed reasonabley well against the inside of a cylinder. In fact, the downward momentum of the air contained in the upper sections of the buildings as the whole assembly fell would have been quite sufficient to give a pressure increase in the lower part of the buildings; it was a dynamic effect rather than a static one, and an over-simplified attempt to describe in terms of equilibrium hydrostatics will most likely lead to a misunderstanding that can then be misrepresented as a refutation.

Put simply: It's more complicated than either of those.

Dave

Old 8th March 2018, 05:09 AM   #70
JSanderO
Master Poster

The consensus of the users on this forum, I think, is that the falling upper parts of the towers carried entrained air which increased the pressure in the lower parts of the buildings, and that this pressure increase was partly relieved at specific places and times by breakage of individual windows, leading to expulsion of air with entrained debris. Describing this as the "piston theory" is a strawman argument, designed to prepare the way for an invalid counter-argument that the falling upper sections did not constitute a reasonable analogue to a piston sealed reasonabley well against the inside of a cylinder. In fact, the downward momentum of the air contained in the upper sections of the buildings as the whole assembly fell would have been quite sufficient to give a pressure increase in the lower part of the buildings; it was a dynamic effect rather than a static one, and an over-simplified attempt to describe in terms of equilibrium hydrostatics will most likely lead to a misunderstanding that can then be misrepresented as a refutation.

Put simply: It's more complicated than either of those.

Dave
I don't think that explains the material ejected thru the windows. I believe it was more something like this:

When the tops of the twins collapsed down from the level of the plane strikes...16 and 32 floors (more or less)... all the material fell down. In 2wtc... with its top tilted some of the material fell outside the footprint... but most of it fell inside the confines of the 4 walls.

The material impacted impacted the floor it fell upon and it collapsed and shattered. Each floor impacted ground the falling material into smaller junks.

The collapse mass was fairly dense and as each slab "yielded" and the air between it and the floor below was "displaced". Displaced air (pressurized) was like air in a bellows being squeezed. It escapes at the locations of least resistance. Some of the air escaped up thru the falling debris...some down a few vertical shafts.... once the slab was shattered. But the basic mechanics was that the falling debris acting like a piston on a cylinder... the facade being the cylinder wall... but that wall's weakest parts was the window glass.

The material ejecta was the contents BETWEEN the slab impacted and the one below. The air volume was roughly 200x200x12' = ~18,000 cubic yards. As the collapse speed was approximated 100' per second (65 mph) ... all the contents of the floor and the 18,000 cu yards of air was forced out through the window glass in ~ 0.1 second. What was ejected? carpet, ceiling tiles, furniture, papers GWB partitions... computers phones... everything... swept outward in 1 second per floor.

As the building was ~ 200'x200' the material near the center... core was ~60'x140'... so air moving 100' from the center to the perimenter would tavel 100' in 0.1 second... 1,000'/second... Speed of ejected material in the pressurized air traveled up to 400-500mph. That is more than a super tornado and it everything between was pulverized and ejected out the paths of least resistance.

Something like the above.
Old 4th December 2018, 08:54 AM   #71
MicahJava
Master Poster

Aaaand this thread single-handedly refuted Mick West's new video on the flashes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dzNW7Hcmhw
Old 4th December 2018, 10:29 AM   #72
pgimeno
Illuminator

Aaaand this thread single-handedly refuted Mick West's new video on the flashes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dzNW7Hcmhw
Since they are not explosions, if they are not glass, what are they?
Old 4th December 2018, 10:55 AM   #73
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
If anything, the rush of air would make the fire burn faster, not extinguish it, if the air was not already oxygen-depleted from the fire.

It's rather amusing that anybody would think that flashes in a building on fire are something remarkable. There is a long list of things it could be: Electrical short, a container of some flammable liquid (cleaning solvent, alcohol, etc.) exploding, dust (it's certainly not a huge stretch to think there could have been combustible material pulverized along with the concrete and drywall), or just a local flareup due to air currents). It would have been surprising if there were not some flashes happening. It's CT anomaly hunting at its finest, only the anomalies aren't even really anomalies.

Last edited by CORed; 4th December 2018 at 11:00 AM.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 10:58 AM   #74
Mick West
New Blood

It does? How so? I don't even see glass mentioned, let along refuted.

In my video I'm referring quite specifically to the single frame white flashes that you see both with the tower as a backdrop, and with blue sky as a backdrop.
Mick West is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 11:33 AM   #75
Whip
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
If anything, the rush of air would make the fire burn faster, not extinguish it, if the air was not already oxygen-depleted from the fire.

It's rather amusing that anybody would think that flashes in a building on fire are something remarkable. There is a long list of things it could be: Electrical short, a container of some flammable liquid (cleaning solvent, alcohol, etc.) exploding, dust (it's certainly not a huge stretch to think there could have been combustible material pulverized along with the concrete and drywall), or just a local flareup due to air currents). It would have been surprising if there were not some flashes happening. It's CT anomaly hunting at its finest, only the anomalies aren't even really anomalies.
indeed. backdrafts are real.
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 03:31 PM   #76
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

A false statement. You failed to refute the video by Mick West.

As for flashes being explosives, that is ridiculous. An explosive would have blast effects. The flashes seen have no blast effects, and are not from explosives. The 19 terrorists failed to bring explosives, they brought planes. You might of missed this as you picked false claims to support with nothing of value.

How is your cd fantasy going after 17 years of failure?
Old 5th December 2018, 01:14 AM   #77
BadBoy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Scott Sommers View Post
dust from volcanoes can create lightening flashes too.
Old 5th December 2018, 08:03 AM   #78
MicahJava
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Mick West View Post

In my video I'm referring quite specifically to the single frame white flashes that you see both with the tower as a backdrop, and with blue sky as a backdrop.
BTW, in my messages to you I probably got North Tower confused with South Tower. The northeast corner flash is from the South Tower.
Old 5th December 2018, 08:08 AM   #79
MicahJava
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Mick West View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqX22TWKZoQ&t=227s
Old 5th December 2018, 08:18 AM   #80
MicahJava
Master Poster

Did the physical deformation create the flash of light, or did the flash of light create the physical deformation?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories