ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Old 22nd May 2018, 01:01 PM   #321
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

From a local paper:

Quote:
Initially the Mass was scheduled for this afternoon at 6:30 pm. It was Bari Police Chief Minister Carmine Esposito who anticipated it, and imposed that it be held in a strictly private form, at six o'clock this morning for reasons of public order and security, after the controversies unleashed by the manifesto . But late yesterday evening came the prohibition of the Archbishop of Bari, Msgr. Francesco Cacucci . Hence the decision of the Sollecito family. And so the church of Grumo at six o'clock was closed and was opened shortly after 7 am this morning for normal mass.
Whatever the situation, it is clear Fransesco was either there for the 7:00 mass, or he attends the 'mother church' of the same small town as Rocco, on a regular basis.
Old 22nd May 2018, 01:02 PM   #322
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
So you were lying by innuendo.
No. I leave the lying to you.

I'd ask you how what I said is in any way "lying by innuendo" but why bother?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2018, 01:06 PM   #323
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Few even go to trial these days for fear of extortionately harsh sentencing.

Just imagine, had Knox taken the cue at her Mignini interview, she could have got off with second degree murder and be living now as a normal citizen with good mental health. Even proper employment and a family.
What are you smoking?

The Italian Supreme Court exonerated the pair in 2015. That court cited an "amnesiac" investigation of which Mignini was in charge.

Your posts are making no sense. Perhaps you'll, again, cite something that refutes your point. Again.
Old 22nd May 2018, 01:09 PM   #324
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

From a local paper:

Whatever the situation, it is clear Fransesco was either there for the 7:00 mass, or he attends the 'mother church' of the same small town as Rocco, on a regular basis.
It is not clear at all.

You keep alleging that Raffaele's father was seen at a funeral mass that never took place.

Now you're retreating into "whatever the situation." That is an admission that your original assertion had been a lie and you now agree that that assertion has been disproved.

Well done.
Old 22nd May 2018, 01:09 PM   #325
Stacyhs
Philosopher

From a local paper:

As the local paper says, the mass at 6:00 AM was not held and only the normal mass was held. Yet you, Ergon, Quennell and others claim it was Rocco's memorial mass and that Dr. Sollecito attended it!

They publish a picture of Dr. Sollecito coming out of his own church taken who knows when and put it next to a picture of a gangster. Talk about lying by innuendo!
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2018, 01:15 PM   #326
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
As the local paper says, the mass at 6:00 AM was not held and only the normal mass was held. Yet you, Ergon, Quennell and others claim it was Rocco's memorial mass and that Dr. Sollecito attended it!

They publish a picture of Dr. Sollecito coming out of his own church taken who knows when and put it next to a picture of a gangster. Talk about lying by innuendo!
These are the people who call others liars.
Old 22nd May 2018, 01:43 PM   #327
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Macabre and grotesque as it is, that's probably exactly what she would say. Probably would want to write a song about it, for the second time in her life (as you know, she is quoted as writing, "for the first time in my life, I wanted to write a song...about my friend's murder."

Sounds like it gave her quite a thrill.
Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
I'd ask for a citation for the last sentence, but you'd probably post something which contradicts your stupid claim. It is clear from your last few posts that you'll lie as long as it slanders Knox.
LOL the Italian woman Knox tried to gag.
Vixen is referring to the book Amanda and the Others written by 'crime journalist' Fiorenza Sarzanini. Unsurprisingly, Vixen quotes it incorrectly. This is the correct quote:
Quote:
In other revelations, the book claims that Knox wanted to write a song about her flatmate's murder.

'So I am at the police station after a long day in which I describe how I was the first person to arrive home and find my flatmate dead.
'The strange thing is after all that has happened I want to write a song about all this. It would be the first song I have written and would speak about how someone died in a horrible way and for no reason.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz5GGTpwSFL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Knox sued Sarzinini and the publisher of Corriere della Sera and won $54K in damages. Sarzanini, in trying to make her 'book' as sensational as possible, also lied in it:

Quote:
The book also described in detail Knox’s sex life and carried an interview with an Albanian who claimed she enjoyed wild lovemaking, but it later emerged it had been invented.
https://nypost.com/2010/03/21/killer...over-sex-book/

Quote:
Many of the passages in Sarzanini's book quote personal writings by Knox which include her thoughts about the people, and especially the boys, she was meeting as an exchange student in Italy. Based on the documents she obtained, Sarzanini creatively reconstructed scenarios and thoughts she imagined her characters had.
https://abcnews.go.com/2020/AmandaKn...ry?id=10169888

Sarzinini isn't the only one who lies in her effort to smear Knox.
Old 22nd May 2018, 01:45 PM   #328
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

It is not clear at all.

You keep alleging that Raffaele's father was seen at a funeral mass that never took place.

Now you're retreating into "whatever the situation." That is an admission that your original assertion had been a lie and you now agree that that assertion has been disproved.

Well done.

Amidst all of this...... we're forgetting that a significant part of Vixen's lie on this whole issue was that Rocco Sollecito was Raffaele's uncle!!

Any apology on THAT part of the lie, Vixen?
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2018, 01:46 PM   #329
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Let's look at this rationally.

According to Wikipedia, Grumo Appula is a town in Bari with a population of 13K and an area size of 81 sq km.

It is the birth place of mafia gangster boss Rocco Sollecito, in 1948. (San Rocco is also the patron saint of Grumo Appula)

Francesco Sollecito, Raff's father, also lives there (see inset from current directory)

My 'mother church' is in a region of a similar size to the Norfolk Broads (>300 sq km), pop circa 19K, not far from my 'mother village' pop 100, mostly farmland. Driving through it, I can guarantee I am related in one way or another to most of the landowner farmers in that region (since people marry amongst themselves). In the church yard cemetery, I can identify many many close relatives (grandparents, grand aunts and uncles, cousins, second cousins, uncles and relatives of relatives). There are even a couple in the Cathedral, going back to medieval ages.

So, it appears a plain as can be that Francesco Sollecito IS closely related to Rocco Sollecito, probably a brother, or cousin, going by Rocco's d.o.b.

Raff went to the Dominican Republic and hung out with the Italian mafioso who are ex-pat there, as there is no treaty with Italy to extradite. In fact, there are whole 'Little Italys' all over this region. You can't live that life of idle luxury without a stash of dirty money.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg grumo appula.jpeg (33.0 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Vixen; 22nd May 2018 at 01:48 PM.
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2018, 01:50 PM   #330
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Exactly.

But it's ENTIRELY in keeping with the pro-guilt "normal" of misrepresentation, misdirection, ignorance and vindictiveness-at-all-costs. Which is wholly unacceptable and rejected within a critical thinking environment - where reliable evidence and intellectually-sound, intellectually-honest, objective, critical analysis is a prerequisite. Par for the course.
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2018, 01:50 PM   #331
Stacyhs
Philosopher

If past behavior is any indication of future behavior, we can expect these claims to be repeated:
1. Francesco and Raffaele are closely related to Rocco Sollecito.
2. Francesco attended the memorial mass for Rocco.
3. A photo of Francesco attending the mass for Rocco has been seen by many.
4. Francesco and Raffaele are connected to the mafia which influenced Hellmann and Marasca.

Some people never learn.
Old 22nd May 2018, 01:54 PM   #332
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Is that the sum of your adverb collection?

Well, given that those are all ADJECTIVES (three of the six of which were modified by adverbs), I'd say I have a fair few more. I certainly have some more extremely choice adverb-modified adjectives to describe your "arguments" and their underlying methodology (if one can call it a methodology....).
Old 22nd May 2018, 01:56 PM   #333
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Vixen is referring to the book Amanda and the Others written by 'crime journalist' Fiorenza Sarzanini. Unsurprisingly, Vixen quotes it incorrectly. This is the correct quote:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz5GGTpwSFL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Knox sued Sarzinini and the publisher of Corriere della Sera and won $54K in damages. Sarzanini, in trying to make her 'book' as sensational as possible, also lied in it:

https://nypost.com/2010/03/21/killer...over-sex-book/

https://abcnews.go.com/2020/AmandaKn...ry?id=10169888

Sarzinini isn't the only one who lies in her effort to smear Knox.

Carlo Dalla Vedova wanted €500K and the trial dismissed, so €50K is a slap in the face, with CDV taking his cut.

Knox did indeed write:

Quote:
Quote:
In other revelations, the book claims that Knox wanted to write a song about her flatmate's murder.

'So I am at the police station after a long day in which I describe how I was the first person to arrive home and find my flatmate dead.
'The strange thing is after all that has happened I want to write a song about all this. It would be the first song I have written and would speak about how someone died in a horrible way and for no reason.'
No wonder she was desperate to censor it!

Luckily for her it was refused as evidence, as it is a disgraceful thing to have written and does not reflect well on her.
Old 22nd May 2018, 01:57 PM   #334
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

If past behavior is any indication of future behavior, we can expect these claims to be repeated:
1. Francesco and Raffaele are closely related to Rocco Sollecito.
2. Francesco attended the memorial mass for Rocco.
3. A photo of Francesco attending the mass for Rocco has been seen by many.
4. Francesco and Raffaele are connected to the mafia which influenced Hellmann and Marasca.

Some people never learn.

I (genuinely) have a photo of my parents standing outside St George's Chapel in Windsor. By Vixen's "reasoning", this is evidence that my parents went to Harry and Meghan's wedding there last Saturday......

(Again: PLEASE can someone offer some pro-guilt debate which is at the very least intellectually-honest and intellectually-robust? Thanks in advance)
Old 22nd May 2018, 02:03 PM   #335
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

If we were to look at this rationally we wouldn't take further assertions from someone who:
1) thinks that something can be "exactly similar" to something else

2) Made an assertion - an assertion refuted by every media outlet which covered it - that Raffaele's father attended Rocco Sollecito's funeral in Italy, a funeral which did not happen.

3) claims solely on the basis of a shared surname that two people are "probably brothers".

4) (from the archive) posts a picture of the window below Filomena's window claiming that it proves that there'd been no bars on the window, when the photo clearly shows bars on the window.
Why don't you just stop posting and leave the rational discussion to people who don't provide citations which actually refute the point they've been endlessly making?

Last edited by Bill Williams; 22nd May 2018 at 02:04 PM.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2018, 02:04 PM   #336
Stacyhs
Philosopher

According to Wikipedia, Grumo Appula is a town in Bari with a population of 13K and an area size of 81 sq km.

It is the birth place of mafia gangster boss Rocco Sollecito, in 1948. (San Rocco is also the patron saint of Grumo Appula)

Francesco Sollecito, Raff's father, also lives there (see inset from current directory)

My 'mother church' is in a region of a similar size to the Norfolk Broads (>300 sq km), pop circa 19K, not far from my 'mother village' pop 100, mostly farmland. Driving through it, I can guarantee I am related in one way or another to most of the landowner farmers in that region (since people marry amongst themselves). In the church yard cemetery, I can identify many many close relatives (grandparents, grand aunts and uncles, cousins, second cousins, uncles and relatives of relatives). There are even a couple in the Cathedral, going back to medieval ages.

So, it appears a plain as can be that Francesco Sollecito IS closely related to Rocco Sollecito, probably a brother, or cousin, going by Rocco's d.o.b.

Raff went to the Dominican Republic and hung out with the Italian mafioso who are ex-pat there, as there is no treaty with Italy to extradite. In fact, there are whole 'Little Italys' all over this region. You can't live that life of idle luxury without a stash of dirty money.
Yes, let's "look at this rationally". No one here has ever said that Francesco and Raffaele are not in some way related to Rocco. In fact, it's likely they are cousins of some degree. Here are 531 Sollecitos living in Canada and the US:
https://www.locatefamily.com/S/SOL/SOLLECITO-1.html

I'll ask you yet again: why did no article EVER mention Francesco or Raffaele being closely related to Rocco which would have definitely been mentioned if true, especially in Italian articles?

You know why and we know why: they aren't.
Old 22nd May 2018, 02:06 PM   #337
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
I (genuinely) have a photo of my parents standing outside St George's Chapel in Windsor. By Vixen's "reasoning", this is evidence that my parents went to Harry and Meghan's wedding there last Saturday......

(Again: PLEASE can someone offer some pro-guilt debate which is at the very least intellectually-honest and intellectually-robust? Thanks in advance)
Let's wind this back. If your parents were baptised, married or whatever there, then you almost certainly have a relationship with the person who owns it.

Hint: St George's Chapel is not under the diocese of the Archbishop of Canterbury, it is a church peculiar to the Queen.

IOW no way would you get to be buried there unless you were one of them.
Old 22nd May 2018, 02:10 PM   #338
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, let's "look at this rationally". No one here has ever said that Francesco and Raffaele are not in some way related to Rocco. In fact, it's likely they are cousins of some degree. Here are 531 Sollecitos living in Canada and the US:
https://www.locatefamily.com/S/SOL/SOLLECITO-1.html

I'll ask you yet again: why did no article EVER mention Francesco or Raffaele being closely related to Rocco which would have definitely been mentioned if true, especially in Italian articles?

You know why and we know why: they aren't.
In a well-researched article about the mafia Fransesco may not be named but he can be identified in a photo coming out of the 'mother church' of Grumo Appula above a piece discussing the memorial service or lack thereof of Rocco. Other articles mention the 'wishes of the Sollecito family', so he is obviously a part of it. (See link earlier.)
Old 22nd May 2018, 02:19 PM   #339
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Carlo Dalla Vedova wanted €500K and the trial dismissed, so €50K is a slap in the face, with CDV taking his cut.
She still won. And if you want to play the "slap in the face" game, Lumumba asked for €512, 200 compensation in his suit against the police but received only €8,000. How do you want to twist that one?

Knox did indeed write:
Yes, which is why I quoted it in my post. But that is not what you originally "quoted".

No wonder she was desperate to censor it!

Luckily for her it was refused as evidence, as it is a disgraceful thing to have written and does not reflect well on her.
Censor it? She sued and won because it was an illegal violation of her privacy AND had proven lies in it. Gosh...I wonder just how Sarzanini got her hands on Amanda's prison notebook? Couldn't have been leaked to her by the upright and honest prison guards or police, right?

It was useless as evidence as it had no evidentiary value. Only in the warped minds of guilters who see evil in everything Knox says does it have any 'meaning'.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 22nd May 2018 at 02:37 PM.
Old 22nd May 2018, 02:20 PM   #340
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Let's wind this back. If your parents were baptised, married or whatever there, then you almost certainly have a relationship with the person who owns it.

Hint: St George's Chapel is not under the diocese of the Archbishop of Canterbury, it is a church peculiar to the Queen.

What the hell are you talking about?

I know exactly what St George's Chapel is, and under whose jurisdiction it falls. And if you actually knew anything at all about it, you'd know that certain people in society who do not "have a relationship with the person who owns it" regularly get invited to services there.

Where the heck do you even begin to deduce from my post that my parents were "baptised, married or whatever" or "buried" there? Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn that's a beyond-stupid "deduction" to make.

So, Vixen, here's the truth. Listen carefully. My parents went to a service there on account of my father's line of work. OK, Vixen? And MY ACTUAL POINT (which seems to have gone far over your head....) is my comparison of 1) a photo of my parents outside St George's Chapel somehow forming "proof" that my parents went to Harry and Meghan's wedding (in the same venue) and 2) your risible attempt to claim that photo of Sollecito's father outside a particular church somehow constitutes "proof" that Sollecito's father attended any kind of service honouring Rocco Sollecito (in the same venue).

Get it now? Probably not.
Old 22nd May 2018, 02:26 PM   #341
bagels
Master Poster

Few even go to trial these days for fear of extortionately harsh sentencing.

Just imagine, had Knox taken the cue at her Mignini interview, she could have got off with second degree murder and be living now as a normal citizen with good mental health. Even proper employment and a family.
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2018, 02:29 PM   #342
Stacyhs
Philosopher

In a well-researched article about the mafia Fransesco may not be named but he can be identified in a photo coming out of the 'mother church' of Grumo Appula above a piece discussing the memorial service or lack thereof of Rocco. Other articles mention the 'wishes of the Sollecito family', so he is obviously a part of it. (See link earlier.)
Yes, it's an article about the Mafia but nowhere is Francesco NAMED in it. The author may well be trying to imply something by putting a picture of Francesco there. However, if you'll notice, those pictures are now removed from the article. I wonder why that is? Could it possibly be that he removed them, or was made to remove them, because he had no evidence to back up his innuendo? As even you have now admitted, there WAS no memorial mass for Rocco for Francesco to attend so putting his picture there was misleading to say the least. If Francesco is, indeed, closely related to Rocco, that could have been included in the article with no problem. But it wasn't.

"Other articles mention the 'wishes of the Sollecito family', so he is obviously a part of it."

Are you freaking kidding me? Has it crossed your mind that those wishes came from ROCCO'S family? According to your "rational" thinking, ANY Sollecito anywhere in the world must have been included in those "wishes". That has got to be one of the silliest things you ever said.

Face it, Vixen. You are merely repeating unsubstantiated claims made by Quennell, Ergon, and other TJMK/PMF posters. Neither you nor they have ever presented any evidence of a close relationship.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 22nd May 2018 at 02:35 PM.
Old 22nd May 2018, 02:43 PM   #343
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, it's an article about the Mafia but nowhere is Francesco NAMED in it. The author may well be trying to imply something by putting a picture of Francesco there. However, if you'll notice, those pictures are now removed from the article. I wonder why that is? Could it possibly be that he removed them, or was made to remove them, because he had no evidence to back up his innuendo? As even you have now admitted, there WAS no memorial mass for Rocco for Francesco to attend so putting his picture there was misleading to say the least. If Francesco is, indeed, closely related to Rocco, that could have been included in the article with no problem. But it wasn't.

"Other articles mention the 'wishes of the Sollecito family', so he is obviously a part of it."

Are you freaking kidding me? Has it crossed your mind that those wishes came from ROCCO'S family? According to your "rational" thinking, ANY Sollecito anywhere in the world must have been included in those "wishes". That has got to be one of the silliest things you ever said.

Face it, Vixen. You are merely repeating unsubstantiated claims made by Quennell, Ergon, and other TJMK/PMF posters. Neither you nor they have ever presented any evidence of a close relationship.
The author NOWHERE has expressed any interest in the Kercher case, nor has he or she concentrated on Bari. You'll note, the article is about the Mafia all over Italy and their links with Canada and New York.

He or she had zero motive to include a picture of Papa Raff coming out of a service unless there was a genuine link to the pair, held in good faith.

It's neither good nor bad. In any family, you can have saints and sinners.
Old 22nd May 2018, 02:48 PM   #344
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Ummm...Rocco Sollecito was born June 9, 1948 and (according to the court records) Francesco Sollecito was " nato a Giovinazzo il 4 giugno 1948." Wow...that was one short pregnancy between the two 'brothers'. Try doing just a modicum of research before posting.

Citation, please, for your claim that Raffaele 'hung out with the Italian mafioso there'. Not that I'm expecting one, of course.
Old 22nd May 2018, 02:49 PM   #345
bagels
Master Poster

If I ever reach a point in my life where my choices are

1. I was wrong about something

2. I was right but only look wrong cause the mafia, it was an international conspiracy

I hope I have the courage and conviction of Vixen to choose correctly... #2!!!!

bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2018, 02:56 PM   #346
Stacyhs
Philosopher

The author NOWHERE has expressed any interest in the Kercher case, nor has he or she concentrated on Bari. You'll note, the article is about the Mafia all over Italy and their links with Canada and New York.

He or she had zero motive to include a picture of Papa Raff coming out of a service unless there was a genuine link to the pair, held in good faith.

It's neither good nor bad. In any family, you can have saints and sinners.
If he had no interest in Francesco Sollecito, they why did he post his picture next to a gangster? Why did he not identify him in the article? Of course, we can't even be sure he did as those pictures no longer exist in the article...if they ever did. For all we know, someone photoshopped them in the TJMK picture you provided. Just like the "comparison" picture was photoshopped in.

If there was a "genuine" link, the author would have identified him. Or do you think it's usual for a journalist to put a picture of someone (who was not just a bystander) into an article for no reason?

Your excuse holds no water for other articles about Rocco's planned memorial mass in Bari that make no mention of Francesco or Raffaele (Bari's most famous resident at the time). As I proved above, Rocco and Francesco were not brothers.

Honestly, Vixen, you'll be much better off when you learn to stop digging the hole you make for yourself.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 22nd May 2018 at 03:06 PM.
Old 22nd May 2018, 03:19 PM   #347
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

If he had no interest in Francesco Sollecito, they why did he post his picture next to a gangster? Why did he not identify him in the article? Of course, we can't even be sure he did as those pictures no longer exist in the article...if they ever did. For all we know, someone photoshopped them in the TJMK picture you provided. Just like the "comparison" picture was photoshopped in.

If there was a "genuine" link, the author would have identified him. Or do you think it's usual for a journalist to put a picture of someone (who was not just a bystander) into an article for no reason?

Your excuse holds no water for other articles about Rocco's planned memorial mass in Bari that make no mention of Francesco or Raffaele (Bari's most famous resident at the time). As I proved above, Rocco and Francesco were not brothers.

Honestly, Vixen, you'll be much better off when you learn to stop digging the hole you make for yourself.

Knowing what I know very well about how pro-guilt agitators operate, I actually wouldn't be at all surprised if one of them had mendaciously added the photo of Francesco Sollecito onto that article, in order to try to give (fake) legitimacy to the idea of Francesco Sollecito somehow seeking to eulogise Rocco Sollecito.

As far as I can see, the entire pro-guilt "campaign" is propped up on deliberate manipulation, attempts to deceive and misdirect, some form of psychologically-disturbed need for "vengeance" (on "behalf" of someone they never even knew, but have (necessarily, for them) transformed into some paragon of virtue and talent), and this undertone of "we're taking on the corrupt system". It's obvious to even a one-eyed simpleton that they're wrong and deluded. But I guess that's the whole point, isn't it?
Old 22nd May 2018, 03:33 PM   #348
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Knowing what I know very well about how pro-guilt agitators operate, I actually wouldn't be at all surprised if one of them had mendaciously added the photo of Francesco Sollecito onto that article, in order to try to give (fake) legitimacy to the idea of Francesco Sollecito somehow seeking to eulogise Rocco Sollecito.

As far as I can see, the entire pro-guilt "campaign" is propped up on deliberate manipulation, attempts to deceive and misdirect, some form of psychologically-disturbed need for "vengeance" (on "behalf" of someone they never even knew, but have (necessarily, for them) transformed into some paragon of virtue and talent), and this undertone of "we're taking on the corrupt system". It's obvious to even a one-eyed simpleton that they're wrong and deluded. But I guess that's the whole point, isn't it?
Hold on there, LJ! It's not as if certain guilters have been known to photoshop pictures...oh, wait. Never mind.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 22nd May 2018 at 03:37 PM.
Old 22nd May 2018, 03:45 PM   #349
Methos
Muse

Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Methos, thanks for posting these, but you should understand by now that each of these manuals is one big typo.
Not a big typo, the files I linked to might be just too up to date, the 2007 files surely had chapters on "how to trash a crimescene" and "kicking around the victim's underwear is ok" in it...
Old 22nd May 2018, 03:49 PM   #350
Methos
Muse

I said, "OK, fair enough". Stop nagging.

See pic of Francesco at Rocco's memorial mass in Bari.
Interesting, I wonder what the source for the picture compilation is, because it should be obvious that the picture in the middle is showing Francesco Sollecito leaving the court in Perugia...
Old 22nd May 2018, 04:16 PM   #351
Stacyhs
Philosopher

ROTFLMAO!!. That picture of Francesco was ABSOLUTELY NOT taken at the non-existent memorial of Rocco's in 2016. It was taken in Nov. 2007.
It's in this article:

http://www.repubblica.it/2007/11/sez...-genitori.html

Looks like some people are caught with their pants on fire!

But I bet this won't stop certain people from claiming it was!

Last edited by Stacyhs; 22nd May 2018 at 04:17 PM.
Old 22nd May 2018, 04:22 PM   #352
Methos
Muse

ROTFLMAO!!. That picture of Francesco was ABSOLUTELY NOT taken at the non-existent memorial of Rocco's in 2016. It was taken in Nov. 2007.
It's in this article:

So I wasn't wrong about the court's door, I gave up when it came to pictures dated earlier than 2010
Old 22nd May 2018, 04:33 PM   #353
Stacyhs
Philosopher

I should have done the obvious thing first; I just did a google image search, found it right away, and clicked on it. It took me to the Cronaca article. So easy to disprove Vixen, Quennell, Ergon et al's false claim.

Can't wait to hear the spin put on this now! Like I said, more entertaining than TV!

Last edited by Stacyhs; 22nd May 2018 at 04:37 PM.
Old 22nd May 2018, 04:38 PM   #354
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

It's in this article:

I'm just catching up....

You're not saying that Ergon, Peter Quennell, etc. actually MANUFACTURE evidence are you?

Say it isn't so!? I was >< far from flipping to the guilt side!
Old 22nd May 2018, 04:53 PM   #355
toto
Muse

I think it's called a Royal Peculiar.
Old 22nd May 2018, 05:03 PM   #356
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by toto View Post
I think it's called a Royal Peculiar Peculier.
I'm picky.
Old 22nd May 2018, 05:05 PM   #357
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I said, "OK, fair enough". Stop nagging.

See pic of Francesco at Rocco's memorial mass in Bari.
Again, 'fair enough' is not, 'I was wrong'. Until you say I' Vixen was wrong about the charter' you're just dodging.
Old 22nd May 2018, 05:05 PM   #358
Stacyhs
Philosopher

I'm just catching up....

You're not saying that Ergon, Peter Quennell, etc. actually MANUFACTURE evidence are you?

Say it isn't so!? I was >< far from flipping to the guilt side!
Nah. I'm sure it was just a typo.
Old 22nd May 2018, 05:09 PM   #359
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Again, 'fair enough' is not, 'I was wrong'. Until you say I' Vixen was wrong about the charter' you're just dodging.
An honest person would also admit that picture was not even taken in 2016 but years earlier, much less at Rocco's memorial service in 2016.

Ladies and Gents! Lay your bets here as to what will happen! Lay yer bets here!
Old 22nd May 2018, 05:52 PM   #360
Anode
Critical Thinker

Wait, I know! Rocco's service was held at the courthouse!! Lol!!
Anode is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors