ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 18th November 2018, 05:27 PM   #361
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down A stupid "these asteroids and comets" question to derail from electric comet insanity

Originally Posted by Sol88 View Post
What's the difference between these asteroids and comets?
A stupid "these asteroids and comets" question to derail from his electric comet insanity.

He conceded that comets are made of ices and dust. Asteroids are actual rock ! There is some evidence that a few asteroids have water ice on their surface.

Sol88's electric comet insanity:
Sol88's comet delusions include comets are rocks; these rocks were blasted from the Earth including recently; blasting was by electrical discharges between Earth and Venus; an imaginary solar electric field charges up comets; the charge causes never detected electrical discharges; comet jets are electrical discharges; images show that comets are rocks; Birkeland currents in comets and their tails with no appropriate magnetic field; papers using bedrock to describe layers of ices support his comet are rock delusion, imaginary double layers do magic; many years of lying that ices have not been detected on comets, a "hard shell of refractory +material on the outside" lie, insanity of consolidated ices and dust in papers being rock, an insane spate of lies about ices and dust papers.
Totally inane delusions about charge separation doing magic. Stupidly thinks that a ambipolar electric field is a double layer.
Insanity of dust removal from the surface changing measured comet density
Electrical discharge machining insanity.
A repeated insane insult of Michael A’Hearn.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2018, 05:39 PM   #362
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down "Kinetic Plasma Processes" gibberish to derail from his electric comet insanity

Just like to add for clarity, the Kinetic Plasma Processes are that are important, are part of a larger circuit. ...
"Kinetic Plasma Processes" gibberish to derail from his electric comet insanity.

Sol88's comet delusions include comets are rocks; these rocks were blasted from the Earth including recently; blasting was by electrical discharges between Earth and Venus; an imaginary solar electric field charges up comets; the charge causes never detected electrical discharges; comet jets are electrical discharges; images show that comets are rocks; Birkeland currents in comets and their tails with no appropriate magnetic field; papers using bedrock to describe layers of ices support his comet are rock delusion, imaginary double layers do magic; many years of lying that ices have not been detected on comets, a "hard shell of refractory +material on the outside" lie, insanity of consolidated ices and dust in papers being rock, an insane spate of lies about ices and dust papers.
Totally inane delusions about charge separation doing magic. Stupidly thinks that a ambipolar electric field is a double layer.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2018, 05:49 PM   #363
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down "water from hydrated minerals" idiocy emphasizes his electric comet insanity

but, yes they are still ROCK (Hydrated silicates etc), unequivical the estimated "outgassing" is wrong and water from hydrated minerals is more than enough to supply the coma
"outgassing" delusion and "water from hydrated minerals" idiocy emphasizes his electric comet insanity.

Back to his insanity of actual ROCK rather then rock (ices and dust).
Added his delusion that the estimates of outgassing form ices are wrong.
Added his "water from hydrated minerals" idiocy.

A delusion that the estimates of outgassing form ices are wrong.
"water from hydrated minerals" idiocy.
Old 18th November 2018, 05:50 PM   #364
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down His EDM exists on comets (EDM needs a dielectric fluid!) and does magic insanity

EDM is turning said hydrated ROCK in to refractory dust and H2O, CO2, CO,......
His EDM exists on comets (EDM needs a dielectric fluid!) and does magic insanity.

Old 19th November 2018, 02:02 AM   #365
tusenfem
Master Poster

The EC mob have never numerically modeled the plasma because as you state PLASMA is JUST PLASMA!

Mainstream take the same approach as gravity only mathamajiks and mmmmmmm..... the plasma does not do as the maths says it should!

This argument goes back some 50-60yrs.
My bold;
And there you are sooooooo wrong.
Plasma physics is one of the most elegant (imho) parts of physics, just because plasmas do actually adhere to the plasma physics math. Just write down the dielectric tensor for a plasma, and the wave modes just roll out, exactly as they are observed in the plasma.

The EC mob never numerically modeled plasma, because they don't have the physical or mathematical knowledge to do something like that.

(Max Headroom)
follow me on twitter: @tusenfem, or follow Rosetta Plasma Consortium: @Rosetta_RPC
tusenfem is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2018, 02:12 AM   #366
tusenfem
Master Poster

So now the cats out of the bag, are you willing to discuss in what context might circuit theory come into play at comets, or at least 67P?

Or is that getting a bit close?
Not sure what "getting a bit close" means, but anywho:

I told that the terms that Jesper Lindkvist wrote down soundet circuit theory-ish, with the emphasis on "ish". Because he does not have a circuit, he has a hybrid numerical model, where he can calculate the properties of the interactino around a comet. These properties include particle densities, electric currents, magnetic and electric fields, etc.
Now there are regions where one can calculate the dot product of the electric field and the current, which might be positive or negative, which if one considers an electrical circuit would be corresponding to a generator or a load.

If you look over large scales (intergrate), and that would be over larger scales than MHD(!) then you can try to reduce what is seen in the hybrid model into an equivalent circuit, but of course you lose a lot of the actual plasma physics that is happening, and in fact is is even worse that your abhorred MHD>

Your above response will have a bearing on discussing further “electrified dusty plasma” and the “ion” tail and its implication on cometary displays!
What the frak is an "electrified" dusty plasma

For instance could this dusty plasma be able to carry a significant current? We see FAC mention in relation to to comet tail.
Plasmas can carry currents, whether they are dusty or not.
Do we see "FAC mention in relation to to comet tail"?
Cometary ion tails, just like the Earth magnetotail are mainly characterized to current perpendicular to the magnetic field.

(Max Headroom)
follow me on twitter: @tusenfem, or follow Rosetta Plasma Consortium: @Rosetta_RPC
tusenfem is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2018, 02:14 AM   #367
tusenfem
Master Poster

Just like to add for clarity, the Kinetic Plasma Processes are that are important, are part of a larger circuit.
Any kinetic plasma modeling will be integrated out if you want to describe the comet with a circuit model.

(Max Headroom)
Old 19th November 2018, 12:46 PM   #368
JeanTate
Master Poster

<snip>
EDM is turning said hydrated ROCK in to refractory dust and H2O, CO2, CO,......
<snip>
Of course it isn't. As no radio (etc) signal from any EDM in comets has ever been detected (you have evidence - quantitative, independently verifiable evidence - that says otherwise? Let's see it then!).

But as I'm pretty sure you really struggle with plasma physics (do you know what the dielectric tensor for a plasma is? wave modes?), I'll tell you an optical (can see with one's own eyes) story.

Once upon a time, there was a great scientist, named Birkeland. He did some pioneering work on plasmas (as we call them today), and among his publications is a report of a discharge, in his lab, which sorta resembles Saturn's rings. He proposed that something like this discharge was, in fact, the cause of said rings.

While Birkeland was, without any doubt, a great scientist, he was quite unfamiliar with the literature in astronomy (can't really blame him, before the days of the internet becoming familiar was very time-consuming). Had he been, he'd have realized that his proposal was inconsistent with observation.

How?

In his discharge proposal, the rings would have to be self-luminous (i.e. they'd shine by their own light, not needing the Sun (or Saturn) to create reflected light). Yet they were observed - a few decades earlier - to not be self-luminous.

Huh?

As the Earth and Saturn orbit in planes that are a few degrees different, it is possible - ~once or twice every Saturn period - for us here on Earth to see the "unlit" side of the rings. If the rings were self-luminous they'd be ~as visible when unlit as when lit (assuming a similar Sun angle). Yet they were observed to be clearly very different ... hence convincing evidence that Birkeland's idea is inconsistent with observation.

Which brings me to EDM being what comets' jets are about (per your Electric Comet Idea).

In your EDM idea, the jets will be screamingly self-luminous. Yet no one has observed them to be like that. Hence convincing evidence that your EDM/jets idea is inconsistent with observation. Unless, that is, you have evidence - quantitative, independently verifiable evidence - that says otherwise? Do you?
JeanTate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2018, 02:10 PM   #369
jonesdave116
Master Poster

Quote:
In your EDM idea, the jets will be screamingly self-luminous. Yet no one has observed them to be like that. Hence convincing evidence that your EDM/jets idea is inconsistent with observation. Unless, that is, you have evidence - quantitative, independently verifiable evidence - that says otherwise? Do you?
This reminds me of something else; there was a discussion on BAUT/ CQ some years ago which I wasn't involved in. I only read it in the last couple of years, as I went through the various EU discussions on there. One poster (VanderL, iirc) was pushing the observed jets on Wild 2 as some sort of electric woo. I laughred when I read it, as I'm sure I saw those images, and there was an obvious shadow! Which obviously wouldn't be there were the jet self-luminous. Sadly, I wasn't around on that forum back then, otherwise I'd have pointed out the obvious!
The same goes for a discharge that Sol has been prattling on about, and was featured on the Thunderdolts boobtube channel. It was this one;

https://www.space.com/38590-frozen-c...on-camera.html

Spot the shadow, anybody? Lol.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
jonesdave116 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2018, 02:45 PM   #370
jonesdave116
Master Poster

Talking of BAUT/ CQ, here is a post from 23 Feb 2007, by a certain 'starboy', who was a sock puppet of Sol88, after he got his sorry arse banned off of there;

In reply to this question by PhantonWolf;

Quote:
And besides, aren't you pinning a lot on the MS being wrong? You willing to admit you are wrong when they find large amounts of ice under the surface of a comet?
.....starboy said;

Quote:
Totally willing to admit that what I believe is wrong, with no reservations!

Are you willing to do the same when none or very little ice is found?

I hope you are, the house of cards is resting very precariously at the moment! And ice's on/in a comet nucleus is what the cards are resting on.
Not long afterwards we had the papers from the Tempel 1 impact which showed ice in the ejecta! Seen by the DI spacecraft, and also others. Quite a lot of it, as it happens.
And yet here we are, nearly 12 years on, and Sol is still in denial. His faith must be strong (read 'brainwashed').

https://forum.cosmoquest.org/showthr...834#post932834

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin

Last edited by jonesdave116; 19th November 2018 at 02:50 PM.
jonesdave116 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2018, 03:20 PM   #371
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jonesdave116 View Post
And yet here we are, nearly 12 years on, and Sol is still in denial. His faith must be strong (read 'brainwashed').
To be charitable, there is a slight chance that 12 years later Sol88's "brainwashing" may have conceded to the real world. Lately he seems to have realized that comets are actually made of ices and dust. I call this chance slight because
  • There has been no clear statement from him that comets are made of ices and dust.
  • He is persisting with delusions about the dust ("rock") such as impossible electrical discharge machining doing magic.
  • There is still an obsession with the use of geological terms to describe comet features.
  • He is lying about/in denial of the reality of having ices on comets.
Consider 67P which may have a dust/ices ratio of up to 6. The surface of 67P surface is a mixture of mostly dust and some ices. When 67P got close to the Sun, conditions were such that the ices must sublimate. There must be gas emitted. That is the source of the gas in the comet coma and tail.
Now add the observed terrain which include pits and fractured cliffs. Sublimating ices inside pits and fractures will create jets! We have images of jets from inside pits. We have traced jets back to their origins.
Old 19th November 2018, 03:29 PM   #372
jonesdave116
Master Poster

We had Matt Taylor on the 'Rosetta Blog' addressing some of the EU wooists claims about the jets. At the time there was no indication of anything even remotely self-luminous. The vast majority of jets were less luminous than the nucleus. Which has an albedo of ~ 4%! A few were brighter than the nucleus. Spectroscopy of those jets shows us that it is sunlight reflected from dust.

Last edited by jonesdave116; 19th November 2018 at 03:32 PM.
Old 19th November 2018, 03:32 PM   #373
jonesdave116
Master Poster

Quote:
To be charitable, there is a slight chance that 12 years later Sol88's "brainwashing" may have conceded to the real world. Lately he seems to have realized that comets are actually made of ices and dust.
Ahhh, he is saying that Wal and Dave got it wrong regarding these things being blasted off of rocky planets by electric woo? I guess we can call that progress. Of a sort.

Old 19th November 2018, 11:56 PM   #374
Sol88
Illuminator

Well at least we've advanced to MINERAL ORGANICES

Quote:
This constraint confirms that comets can be defined as “mineral organices”
(Fulle et al. 2016b), i.e. a mixture of minerals and organics with a minor mass fraction of ices mixed among them,
Which is close enough to jd116 refractory dust.

So, A'Hearn says "our" understanding is evolving toward mostly rock!

So comets are now rockydirt balls?

One things for sure the dirtysnowball is dead!

"No, never electric discharges" [Tusenfem]

Dust, if you are talking about mass. Vacuum if you are talking about volume.[Jonesdave116 7/12/18]

Last edited by Sol88; 20th November 2018 at 12:05 AM.
Sol88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2018, 02:02 AM   #375
jonesdave116
Master Poster

Nope, no rock ever detected at a comet. End of story.

Old 20th November 2018, 02:10 AM   #376
jonesdave116
Master Poster

Quote:
Yep, scarcely any ice at all. That is why Hale-Bopp was only outgassing ~ 250 000 l/s of H2O.

Old 20th November 2018, 02:43 AM   #377
jonesdave116
Master Poster

So, given the previous, I think that we can safely conclude the following;

ELECTRIC COMET = EPIC FAILURE

Old 20th November 2018, 07:45 AM   #378
JeanTate
Master Poster

And this pertains to the Electric Comet Theory (or Model) - you know, the topic of this thread - how, exactly?

Don't you think it's time for the trolling to stop, Sol88?
JeanTate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2018, 01:09 PM   #379
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down MINERAL ORGANICES gibberish to derail from his electric comet insanity

MINERAL ORGANICES idiocy and gibberish to derail from his electric comet insanity.

The Refractory-to-Ice Mass Ratio in Comets
Quote:
We review the complex relationship between the dust-to-gas mass ratio usually estimated in the material lost by comets, and the refractory-to-ice mass ratio inside the nucleus, which constrains the origin of comets.
Therefore, comets and KBOs may have less water than CI-chondrites, as predicted by models of comet formation by the gravitational collapse of cm-sized pebbles driven by streaming instabilities in the protoplanetary disc.
Usual idiocy of citing a mainstream ices and dust comet paper.

"a mixture of minerals and organics with a minor mass fraction of ices mixed among them" is not just refractory dust as anyone can read. “mineral organics” is
  • Refractory dust and
  • Organics and
  • ices
This is the origin of comets in the early Solar System (ices and dust) and well known chemistry of sunlight acting on the surface ices.

A'Hearn said that our understanding of the composition of comets was evolving to more dust ("mostly rock").

Last edited by Reality Check; 20th November 2018 at 01:18 PM.
Old 20th November 2018, 01:20 PM   #380
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Sol88: Give your (electric comet) origin for the ices and dust that you agrees comets are made of.
Old 20th November 2018, 01:24 PM   #381
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
Another spate of ~336 items of ignorance, idiocy (citing irrelevant mainstream papers), delusion, derails, insults, and lies from 27 July 2018 to 14 November 2018
Another spate of ~366 items of ignorance, idiocy (citing irrelevant mainstream papers), delusion, derails, insults, and lies from 27 July 2018 to 21 November 2018

18 November 2010: The lies, failures and successes of Thunderbolts Deep Impact predictions by Wal Thornhill
10th April 2015: The ignorance, delusions and lies in the Thunderbolts web site, videos, etc.
13 April 2018: A couple of the delusions in Scott's Birkeland current paper.

The electric comet delusion has at least 45 years without a scientific electric comet model or observations to support it!

Over 3 years of the fear of doing basic physics: 25 June 2015 Sol88: Use a impact calculator to calculate the size of the crater on a comet made of rock by the Deep Impact impactor.

Last edited by Reality Check; 20th November 2018 at 01:28 PM.
Old 20th November 2018, 05:25 PM   #382
Sol88
Illuminator

Yep, scarcely any ice at all. That is why Hale-Bopp was only outgassing ~ 250 000 l/s of H2O.
How'd you calculate the 250 000l/s from Hale-Bopp? The Haser model?

Dust, if you are talking about mass. Vacuum if you are talking about volume.[Jonesdave116 7/12/18]
Sol88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2018, 05:36 PM   #383
Sol88
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
MINERAL ORGANICES idiocy and gibberish to derail from his electric comet insanity.

The Refractory-to-Ice Mass Ratio in Comets

Usual idiocy of citing a mainstream ices and dust comet paper.

"a mixture of minerals and organics with a minor mass fraction of ices mixed among them" is not just refractory dust as anyone can read. “mineral organics” is
  • Refractory dust and
  • Organics and
  • ices
This is the origin of comets in the early Solar System (ices and dust) and well known chemistry of sunlight acting on the surface ices.

A'Hearn said that our understanding of the composition of comets was evolving to more dust ("mostly rock").

A quote from M.A'Hearn
Quote:
(c) What are comets made of?
At the simplest level, a very basic question is whether comets are mostly ice or mostly rock/dirt/refractory material. Whipple’s [2] model of the dirty snowball, the first quantitative model, envisioned cometary nuclei as mostly ice, although our understanding has been evolving more toward mostly rock, particularly for 67P/C-G for which refractory/volatile ratios as high as 6 have been cited [3,4].

Brand new latest paper from hard in situ data. The Refractory-to-Ice Mass Ratio in Comets
Quote:
This constraint confirms that comets can be defined as “mineral organices” (Fulle et al. 2016b), i.e. a mixture of minerals and organics with a minor mass fraction of ices mixed among them
So you tell me on thing and the "experts" say another?

You aslo complete ignored the hard truth that asteroids and comets are a CONTINUUM! Not distinct separate objects.
Quote:
4. Conclusion
In summary, the population of small bodies in our solar system today, including both minor planets and classical comets, is far less well-delineated into distinct groups of objects than the classical paradigm might have led one to believe in the past. These objects instead appear to occupy a continuum spanning the full range of observational, physical and dynamical properties classically attributed solely either to asteroids or comets
So that nullifies any song and dance jd16 and indagator would like to preform wrt eccentricity being the ONLY variable in the equation. Seems a bit simplistic.

So what's going on?

Last edited by Sol88; 20th November 2018 at 05:43 PM.
Old 20th November 2018, 05:50 PM   #384
Sol88
Illuminator

Originally Posted by tusenfem View Post

I told that the terms that Jesper Lindkvist wrote down soundet circuit theory-ish, with the emphasis on "ish". Because he does not have a circuit, he has a hybrid numerical model, where he can calculate the properties of the interactino around a comet. These properties include particle densities, electric currents, magnetic and electric fields, etc.
Now there are regions where one can calculate the dot product of the electric field and the current, which might be positive or negative, which if one considers an electrical circuit would be corresponding to a generator or a load.

If you look over large scales (intergrate), and that would be over larger scales than MHD(!) then you can try to reduce what is seen in the hybrid model into an equivalent circuit, but of course you lose a lot of the actual plasma physics that is happening, and in fact is is even worse that your abhorred MHD>

What the frak is an "electrified" dusty plasma

Do we see "FAC mention in relation to to comet tail"?
Cometary ion tails, just like the Earth magnetotail are mainly characterized to current perpendicular to the magnetic field.
Except where they dont these are called BIRKELAND CURRENTS

Quote:
Great do you think the tail structure from a comet constitutes part of Jesper Lindkvist "missing" circuit?

Old 20th November 2018, 05:53 PM   #385
Sol88
Illuminator

How big's this circuit tusenfem?

Old 20th November 2018, 10:46 PM   #386
Sol88
Illuminator

ELECTRIC COMET = EPIC FAILURE
At the simplest level, a very basic question is whether comets are mostly ice or mostly rock/dirt/refractory material.

Whipple’s [2] model of the dirty snowball, the first quantitative model, envisioned cometary nuclei as mostly ice.

This constraint confirms that comets can be defined as “mineral organices” (Fulle et al. 2016b), i.e. a mixture of minerals and organics with a minor mass fraction of ices mixed among them

Therefore, comets and KBOs may have less water than CI-chondrites, as predicted by models of comet formation by the gravitational collapse of cm-sized pebbles driven by streaming instabilities in the protoplanetary disc.

Ok, so a comet is...
Quote:
A comet is an icy small Solar System body that, when passing close to the Sun, warms and begins to release gases, a process called outgassing.

Right, so comets are icy small Solar System bodies that outguess when passing close to the Sun.

So anything that "outgasses" is a comet all the others are asteroids/ meteoroid?

Except that is for ACTIVE ASTEROIDS. These are just like comets but do not have ice.

So I hope that clears up what is a comet and an asteroid are.

DIRTYSNOWBALL = EPIC FAILURE a very basic question is whether comets are mostly ice or mostly rock/dirt/refractory material.

Last edited by Sol88; 20th November 2018 at 10:51 PM.
Old 20th November 2018, 10:57 PM   #387
Sol88
Illuminator

Any kinetic plasma modeling will be integrated out if you want to describe the comet with a circuit model.

No it will not!

You will only uncover the circuit hierarchy!

You do not have enough supercomputer power to crunch those numbers, you struggle on just a lowly comet.

Old 20th November 2018, 11:23 PM   #388
Indagator
Student

Because the internet never forgets, I thought I would step back a few days to address and correct a number of critical errors committed by our resident 'ec' expert ....

Told you MHD was not applicable at comets. That there was charge separation and the violation of quasi-neutrality!

Seems we have to PIC and there goes the MHD fantasy!

So i'm 100% confident "Double Layers" will be "discovered" at comets.
WRONG!!! And LAUGHABLE!

First! MHD IS applicable at comets! You, Sol88, are WRONG! Yet again!

Second! MHD is not a fantasy! It is a very real horror for you and your 'electric universe' buddies (along with modeled and observed plasma physics involving 'frozen-in' magnetic fields and magnetic reconnection)!

Third! If you don't know what you're doing, both MHD and PIC models can, and will, FAIL at comets!

A hammer is only as good as the carpenter who swings it!

A mathematical model is only as good as the scientist who codes it!

Sol88! As it turns out, no one in your 'eu/es/ec' community has a clue about science, physics, chemistry, geology, mathematics, or modelling and simulation! Of course, MHD is applicable at comets! The real questions to ask are; What properties of a comet are you really trying to investigate? And how might the discovery of double layers 'AT' comets salvage your failed electric rock?

FACT! 'MHD' is a mathematical modelling tool based on Maxwell's equations and the dynamic (i.e., ballistic) movement of fluids. It is applicable to numerous practical problems in plasma physics, including comets. Assumptions must be made, and clearly stated, in order for this modelling technique to work!

FACT! 'Plasma Particle-In-Cell' is a mathematical modelling tool based on Maxwell's equations and the dynamic (i.e., ballistic) movement of particles. It is applicable to numerous practical problems in plasma physics, including comets. Assumptions must be made, and clearly stated, in order for this modelling technique to work!

What's the real difference, Sol88? Desparation! Someone does not care about science! Someone only seems to care about their religion being RIGHT! What happens to your world, Sol88, when you "discover" that you have been WRONG all along?

This next point is important for you and your 'electric universe' buddies to grok! None of you seem to understand the scientific method, mathematics, physics, astrophysics, plasma physics, and of course, electrical engineering!!! Because of this fundamental deficit in scientific understanding, no one in the 'electric universe' will ever build a predictive model of an electric comet! Because of this fundamental deficit in scientific understanding, no one in the 'electric universe' will ever build a predictive model of an electric star! Sadly, because the electric comet and electric star violate fundamental laws of physics, mainstream science cannot help you!

To conclude, double layers will 'NOT' be found 'AT' comets! **** Period! End of story!

And are you really 100% confident? Your confidence is exactly that of a priest!

A priest has 'absolute' confidence that 'gwad' exists, and one day, they will get to meet her!

You, Sol88, have absolute confidence that 'double layers' exist, and one day, they will be discovered at comets!

By the way, could you give me a quantitative description of the word 'AT' ...?

I see 'absolutely' no difference between you and a priest!

I see 'absolutely' no difference between your 'electric universe' and a religion!

Religion requires no science! Just faith! Religion requires no mathematics! Just faith! Religion requires no evidence or proof! Just faith!

Sol88! I would like to plant a seed in your brain (and the brains of any 'eu/es/ec' lurkers too scared and scarred to step forward).

I don't want to lie to you! Thornhill, Talbott, and Scott do!
I don't want your money! Thornhill, Talbott, and Scott do!
I don't want your blind obedience! Thornhill, Talbott, and Scott do!
I want you to think about science and mathematics! I want you to question ... everything! I want you to learn! Thornhill, Talbott, and Scott don't want you to do anything that upsets their income stream!

The folks at Thudderbutts need people like you to keep recruiting and sending them money!

The folks at Thudderbutts don't want you to think! They have put you inside a box and told you what to think, do, and say regarding astronomy and astrophysics, to name but two! The more you learn about the real world, the less appealing your 'electric religion' will appear. Be genuinely skeptical! Think about your own model's lack of evidence and it's violations of fundamental physics! Think about why I say there is no evidence! Think about why I say the 'eu/es/ec' violates fundamental physics (maybe I'm right and Sol88 is wrong)! Think about why I have come here and what my motives are.

PostScript ---

Using electrostatics, electrodynamics, and orbital mechanics, show how eccentricity is responsible for the charging and discharging of your electric comet!

Tis an IMPOSSIBLE task, Sol88! Eccentricity has nothing to do with the charging and discharging of an electric rock! One of the foundational elements of the electric comet is observationally WRONG!

What do you do? Double down? Or wonder if the whole house of cards is about to collapse?

Last edited by Indagator; 20th November 2018 at 11:26 PM.
Indagator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2018, 12:37 AM   #389
jonesdave116
Master Poster

At the simplest level, a very basic question is whether comets are mostly ice or mostly rock/dirt/refractory material.

Whipple’s [2] model of the dirty snowball, the first quantitative model, envisioned cometary nuclei as mostly ice.

Ok, so a comet is...

Right, so comets are icy small Solar System bodies that outguess when passing close to the Sun.

So anything that "outgasses" is a comet all the others are asteroids/ meteoroid?

Except that is for ACTIVE ASTEROIDS. These are just like comets but do not have ice.

So I hope that clears up what is a comet and an asteroid are.

DIRTYSNOWBALL = EPIC FAILURE a very basic question is whether comets are mostly ice or mostly rock/dirt/refractory material.
Nope, there is ice and dust. As proven. They are not rock. As proven. There is no electrical woo. As proven. Your religion is a failure. As proven. T & T have never got a single thing right about comets, due to being scientifically illiterate. As proven. Give it up. Your fantasy is dead. It was never alive. It is pure woo. It relies on impossible lightning bolts blasting rock off of planets. Only a six year old could believe such idiocy. Are you an idiot, Sol? Are you six years old? What other excuse do you have for believing this puerile woo?

Old 21st November 2018, 12:41 AM   #390
tusenfem
Master Poster

Except where they dont these are called BIRKELAND CURRENTS
But field aligned currents only happen seldomly in the cometary tail, basically only when there is a tail detachment event happening.

Great do you think the tail structure from a comet constitutes part of Jesper Lindkvist "missing" circuit?
You would have a very hard job trying to put Lindkvist's model into a circuit theory, which apparently you still do not understand.
You hear terms, start using them, but you totally do not understand what they mean.

(Max Headroom)
Old 21st November 2018, 12:51 AM   #391
jonesdave116
Master Poster

How'd you calculate the 250 000l/s from Hale-Bopp? The Haser model?
It doesn't matter. The Haser model underestimates the outgassing at 67P, so this may be a lower estimate. What you can't explain, is that 9 years after its apparition, Thornhill and Talbott lied to you about there being water detected at comets. Pretended it was only OH. Why did they lie, and why did you fall for it?
Gullible six year olds spring to mind again.

Old 21st November 2018, 12:59 AM   #392
jonesdave116
Master Poster

Quote:
So that nullifies any song and dance jd16 and indagator would like to preform wrt eccentricity being the ONLY variable in the equation. Seems a bit simplistic.

So what's going on?
Nope, the vast majority of asteroids DO NOT outgas. Some that do are in circular orbits. Some comets in circular orbits outgas. Many asteroids in elliptical orbits DO NOT outgas. Comets outgas because they have ice close to the surface, which gets heated. Asteroids generally don't. Ergo, eccentricity has nothing to do with it. There is no radial electric field, no discharges and no electric sun (lol). You have there a busted flush, don't you?

Old 21st November 2018, 01:00 AM   #393
tusenfem
Master Poster

How big's this circuit tusenfem?
How would I know, probably very small, because you are talking about a circuit representation of plasma physics, which means that you average everything to get bulk parameters like total resistivity, total capacitance, total current, etc. and then you put those components into a circuit and then ... you have a circuit which may (or may not depending on how you build the circuit) describe the large scale bulk properties of the system that you are looking at.

You basically loose all the plasma physics that is happening, as Walter Heikkila writes in the introduction:

Originally Posted by WH
Circuit analysis is not a full description of the physics, being a scalar relationship.
(you might like him, because he did not approve of MRX)

(Max Headroom)
Old 21st November 2018, 01:03 AM   #394
Sol88
Illuminator

Tis an IMPOSSIBLE task, Sol88! Eccentricity has nothing to do with the charging and discharging of an electric rock! One of the foundational elements of the electric comet is observationally WRONG!

What do you do? Double down? Or wonder if the whole house of cards is about to collapse?[/quote]

So whats the difference between a asteroid and a comet?

it a very basic question
Quote:
a very basic question is whether comets are mostly ice or mostly rock/dirt/refractory material.
So what are they Indagator, mostly ice or mostly rock?

MHD at comets, that was a good one!

PS

How much $$$ did i pay again?

PSS

Eccentricity has nothing to do with the charging and discharging of an electric rock! Omuamua the alien spaceship because what else could it be!

Oh dear, it's most defiantly NOT em effects!

Last edited by Sol88; 21st November 2018 at 01:10 AM.
Old 21st November 2018, 01:11 AM   #395
jonesdave116
Master Poster

Quote:
So what are they Indagator, mostly ice or mostly rock?
Definitely not rock. No rock ever detected at comets. The density alone should make that obvious, even to a gullible six year old.

Old 21st November 2018, 01:14 AM   #396
Sol88
Illuminator

How would I know, probably very small, because you are talking about a circuit representation of plasma physics, which means that you average everything to get bulk parameters like total resistivity, total capacitance, total current, etc. and then you put those components into a circuit and then ... you have a circuit which may (or may not depending on how you build the circuit) describe the large scale bulk properties of the system that you are looking at.

You basically loose all the plasma physics that is happening, as Walter Heikkila writes in the introduction:

(you might like him, because he did not approve of MRX)
Ok thought so, thanks anyway

Old 21st November 2018, 01:24 AM   #397
Sol88
Illuminator

Definitely not rock. No rock ever detected at comets. The density alone should make that obvious, even to a gullible six year old.
Oh so A'Hearn is wrong!

Comets are mostly ice even poor Marco Fulle got it wrong he thinks comets are mostly refractory dust!

Ahhh comet density!

Old 21st November 2018, 01:26 AM   #398
Sol88
Illuminator

Quote:
because the electric comet and electric star violate fundamental laws of physics, mainstream science cannot help you!
Standard plasma physics!

Nothing is being violated except the illusion you know what comets are!

Old 21st November 2018, 01:27 AM   #399
jonesdave116
Master Poster

Oh so A'Hearn is wrong!

Comets are mostly ice even poor Marco Fulle got it wrong he thinks comets are mostly refractory dust!

Ahhh comet density!
No rock. As proven. Just dust, ice and organics. As opposed to actual rock, which is obviously what the asteroids Steins and Lutetia are composed of, as confirmed by Rosetta density measurements at those bodies. Which were not outgassing.

Old 21st November 2018, 01:31 AM   #400
Sol88
Illuminator

Nope, the vast majority of asteroids DO NOT outgas. Some that do are in circular orbits. Some comets in circular orbits outgas. Many asteroids in elliptical orbits DO NOT outgas. Comets outgas because they have ice close to the surface, which gets heated. Asteroids generally don't. Ergo, eccentricity has nothing to do with it. There is no radial electric field, no discharges and no electric sun (lol). You have there a busted flush, don't you?
So Henry H. Hsieh's paper Asteroid–comet continuum objects in the solar system

Address's your very concerns sport!

Remember the only tools you have to explain everything about these objects is random impact and "spin up".

So with just those tools explain Oumuamua's
Quote:
"excess acceleration,"
You cant do it, neither could I!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology