ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 29th November 2018, 01:00 AM   #201
Lambchops
Muse

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Only if you feel the need to pillage and rape Ian Flemings creation, for absolute;y no valid reason.

Couple of things.
  • What is the actual reason for doing it?
  • Why can't you just make it 00 another number who is a female equivalent character. It wouldn't be because you know no one would watch it as a stand alone movie, not riding on the back of an iconic one would it?
"Pillage and rape". Because that is what happens when James Bond becomes Jane Bond. Pillage. And rape.

Come on , man. You can not be serious.
Old 29th November 2018, 01:08 AM   #202
Lambchops
Muse

I just realized that this thread is the dumbest thing I've ever seen on the internet.

"Must defend the honor of fictional characters, because very important. Replace the imaginary penis with an imaginary vagina? Noooooooo!"

The fairies living in my garden are offended.

Last edited by Lambchops; 29th November 2018 at 01:20 AM.
Lambchops is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2018, 04:29 AM   #203
wobs
Graduate Poster

I've consulted with experts*, and they confirm Father Christmas is a man, and Mrs Christmas is a woman.

Hope this helps.

* - Our 5 & 7 year old kids.

Last edited by wobs; 29th November 2018 at 04:53 AM.
wobs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2018, 06:21 AM   #204
Information Analyst
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
And Dr Who the Doctor being played by a female actor.
FTFY.Personally I think that it's terrible everyone is getting worked up about here. We've had a disproportionate number of Scottish Doctors, so it was about time Yorkshire got a look-in.
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2018, 06:35 AM   #205
Information Analyst
Philosopher

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Just like James Bond?
Well, there is that line in Casiono Royale 2.0....
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2018, 05:45 PM   #206
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Santa is the enemy of the sun! For he is the Vampire Queen, mighty mistress of ultimate darkness and penultimate blood-drinkery! With claws of iron and fangs of steel and eyeballs of tungsten and a tongue of antimony and clavicles of silicon and bedewed with glory like a doily dropped from a grand staircase, Santa rules the night and politically advises the dusk and writes crank letters to the daytime!!
Right there is a rather heavy stick to the opposing carrot in the Santa myth as a parenting tool.

The real name is actually "Sandy Claws".

They had to tone it down to keep the advertising less scary.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2018, 10:31 PM   #207
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by wobs View Post
I've consulted with experts*, and they confirm Father Christmas is a man, and Mrs Christmas is a woman.

Hope this helps.

* - Our 5 & 7 year old kids.
Ask them again after the lefty teachers have given them a few gender studies lessons.
Old 30th November 2018, 04:16 AM   #208
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Deputy Admin

Originally Posted by Information Analyst View Post
FTFY.
Revisionist! The character was listed as "Doctor Who" in the show's credits for many years.
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2018, 05:31 AM   #209
Information Analyst
Philosopher

Originally Posted by zooterkin View Post
Revisionist! The character was listed as "Doctor Who" in the show's credits for many years.
Credits are not canon. And The War Machines was just fault on WOTAN's part. Because.
Old 30th November 2018, 07:33 AM   #210
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

In many cases it should be Doctor Whom, anyway.

Doctor Whomsoever, though, was never very popular.
Old 2nd December 2018, 11:59 AM   #211
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Sanity prevails. Council caves in embarrassment and shame, breaks like a cheap plastic toy and reinstates Santa for the parade, at the last minute

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/au...t-last-minute/
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2018, 12:31 PM   #212
DevilsAdvocate
Illuminator

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
In many cases it should be Doctor Whom, anyway.

Doctor Whomsoever, though, was never very popular.
Doctor Hoo, howsoever, is impossibly popular due to being a owlface played by Dame Judi Dench despite the character being traditionally portrayed by an English peninsula.

Doctor Ho Ho Ho, of course, is a Swiss roll prostitute whom cannot be played by a man because Doctor Ho Ho Ho don't get played by no one.
Heaven forbid someone reads these words and claims to be adversely affected by them, thus ensuring a barrage of lawsuits filed under the guise of protecting the unknowing victims who were stupid enough to read this and believe it! - Kevin Trudeau
DevilsAdvocate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2018, 12:33 PM   #213
DevilsAdvocate
Illuminator

Sanity prevails. Council caves in embarrassment and shame, breaks like a cheap plastic toy and reinstates Santa for the parade, at the last minute

They found a sanity clause just in time.
Heaven forbid someone reads these words and claims to be adversely affected by them, thus ensuring a barrage of lawsuits filed under the guise of protecting the unknowing victims who were stupid enough to read this and believe it! - Kevin Trudeau

Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 2nd December 2018 at 12:34 PM.
DevilsAdvocate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2018, 01:10 PM   #214
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Playing with the Santa myth would have been madness. Shameful madness.
Old 2nd December 2018, 01:46 PM   #215
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
Lol

That made my day
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 12:10 PM   #216
Senex
Philosopher

My neighborhood mall Santa just got sacked. Every year, if you sliped him a couple of sawbucks, he would let you peek at his local naughty girls list. Some Christmas curmudgeon must have ratted him out. He's been replaced by a PC Santa. I hate having to go back to the men's room graffiti grapevine.
Senex is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 12:42 PM   #217
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
Fake news!

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Last edited by Sideroxylon; 6th December 2018 at 12:51 PM.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 11:58 PM   #218
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
I think I could get on board with a hot female Santa. Sneaks in the house at night with a little something for daddy. And just picture the teenage boys at the mall lining up to sit on her lap.
Or have her sitting on their laps...….

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2018, 05:30 PM   #219
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Seen today: a Staffordshire bull terrier trundling along wearing...a red and white santa coat.
Old 9th December 2018, 05:49 PM   #220
Matthew Best
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
Fake news!

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Nice - saw them playing that live just a couple of weeks ago.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events