ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Andrew McCabe , donald trump , George Papadopoulos , Michael Cohen , Paul Manafort , Robert Mueller , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections

Reply
Old 4th December 2018, 10:38 AM   #281
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 76,326
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
according the FBI agent who actually interviewed him, there was no crime.

Until McCabe and that other jackal got involved and doctored the 304's.

Justice for Flynn!

/ And given that the estimated sentencing range is zero to six months, I trust that our hero Mueller is not going to make this a total dog and pony show.
Amazing how your interpretation of what's a crime depends not on reality but on the political afiliation of the accused.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 10:42 AM   #282
I Am The Scum
Illuminator
 
I Am The Scum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,572
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
according the FBI agent who actually interviewed him, there was no crime.
That's not true.
I Am The Scum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 10:46 AM   #283
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,800
“Deputy Director McCabe acknowledged that ‘the two people who interviewed [Flynn] didn’t think he was lying.'"

Hmm, seems like The Big Dog was right and the Leftists are... wrong.

Who doctored the 304's??

Justice for Flynn!
__________________
Clinton Email Scandal: “one of the gravest modern offenses to government transparency.”

Judge Royce Lambert
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 10:53 AM   #284
I Am The Scum
Illuminator
 
I Am The Scum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,572
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
“Deputy Director McCabe acknowledged that ‘the two people who interviewed [Flynn] didn’t think he was lying.'"

Hmm, seems like The Big Dog was right and the Leftists are... wrong.
Do you often struggle this much with the English language?
I Am The Scum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 11:03 AM   #285
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 4,635
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
“Deputy Director McCabe acknowledged that ‘the two people who interviewed [Flynn] didn’t think he was lying.'"

Hmm, seems like The Big Dog was right and the Leftists are... wrong.

Who doctored the 304's??

Justice for Flynn!
Weird, you should tell him that you know more than he does:

Quote:
General Flynn pleaded guilty in December to lying to the FBI about his contact with Russian officials and agreed to cooperate with the federal investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.
Seems like the Big Dog is lying, and everyone else that disagrees (no matter their political affiliation) are right.

I would think being wrong with such consistency would be tiring.

ETA: I highlighted the relevant portion that explains exactly why you're wrong. If you need help parsing the English language please let me know. I can help explain why that's important.

Thinking something isn't true, and proving something isn't true aren't the same thing. You're welcome, glad I could help teach an old dog a new trick
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss

Last edited by plague311; 4th December 2018 at 11:05 AM.
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 11:11 AM   #286
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,362
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
LoL shocking that you support a pardon.

Also, no one should believe anything from the House. Everything they did was either half-assed or lied about by Nunez. It should all be dismissed until it can be done again with legitimacy. Even invoking it as part of an argument is evidence that you have absolutely nothing to support an already dying narrative that anyone charged by Mueller didn't deserve what they have coming to them.
This is the guy who led the cheer 'lock her up' during the Republican Convention. So no, I don't believe leniency is called for. General Mike Flynn sold out his country to the Russians.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 12:10 PM   #287
Cabbage
Muse
 
Cabbage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 684
Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
Do you often struggle this much with the English language?
I'm sure he's much more proficient in his native Russian.
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 12:11 PM   #288
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 9,659
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
well, it is really hard to guess what one should find relevant given that it is just a substance free link to a twitter thread about a report that HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED yet and what it means or may not mean,
Because people who are intelligent, well read and politically savvy (things you have no idea about) might have a fairly good idea what is coming.

You think Seth Abramson cannot be allowed to speculate on what might be in an upcoming report because he hasn't actually read it, yet you think we should all swallow whole, Jerome Corsi's absurd claim that he worked out, all by himself, that Wikileaks was in possession of John Podesta's emails before anyone else in the world knew.

Adorable. Fantastic even...

Hooboy
__________________
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 12:15 PM   #289
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 9,659
Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
You mean the committee that is both headed by a republican, and which contains a majority of republicans, who just happen to be members of the same party as Trump.

That's a good start...


Uhhh... so?

Most obvious response to this is that Flynn was just good at lying. That doesn't necessarily mean that 1) he was actually telling the truth, and 2) that there isn't evidence that he was lying outside of things like body language.

From: https://thehill.com/policy/national-...two-agents-who
The report notes that Comey testified that “the agents … discerned no physical indications of deception. They didn’t see any change in posture, in tone, in inflection, in eye contact. They saw nothing that indicated to them that he knew he was lying to them.” McCabe also then confirmed this to the Intelligence Committee, according to the report, but added that they’d found Flynn’s statements were “inconsistent” with what they had understood to be his conversations with Kislyak.
OK, so Flynn is a practised liar...Next?
__________________
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 12:25 PM   #290
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 4,635
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Because people who are intelligent, well read and politically savvy (things you have no idea about) might have a fairly good idea what is coming.

You think Seth Abramson cannot be allowed to speculate on what might be in an upcoming report because he hasn't actually read it, yet you think we should all swallow whole, Jerome Corsi's absurd claim that he worked out, all by himself, that Wikileaks was in possession of John Podesta's emails before anyone else in the world knew.

Adorable. Fantastic even...

Hooboy
He also correctly guessed that there wouldn't be a single dump (which would be the most obvious answer) but that there would be multiple dumps, and approximately the days of those events. That just so happened to line with the actual dumps.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 12:42 PM   #291
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,800
Interesting viewpoint here:

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/41...nn-says-former

Quote:
Officials have accused Flynn of attempting to create a back channel for communications between Russia and Trump.

"Many people say there's nothing wrong with him having those backchannel communications. He was the incoming national security adviser," Moreno said. "Of course not being truthful to the FBI is what he's being charged with."
And just another hinky "lying" to the FBI claim.

Who wrote the 304s?
__________________
Clinton Email Scandal: “one of the gravest modern offenses to government transparency.”

Judge Royce Lambert
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 12:46 PM   #292
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning
 
a_unique_person's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waiting for the pod bay door to open.
Posts: 39,201
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Interesting viewpoint here:

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/41...nn-says-former



And just another hinky "lying" to the FBI claim.

Who wrote the 304s?
You believe a viewpoint as fact? Oy vey.
__________________
Continually pushing the boundaries of mediocrity.
Everything is possible, but not everything is probable.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 12:51 PM   #293
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,800
looks at post...

looks at original post...

Sees the word "viewpoint" prominently, scans original post for the word "fact."

Shakes my damn head at post.

Oh well folks, looks like grifters gonna grift....
__________________
Clinton Email Scandal: “one of the gravest modern offenses to government transparency.”

Judge Royce Lambert
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 03:05 PM   #294
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5,832
Roger Stone is pleading the 5th. That says A LOT.

ETA: Trump on pleading the Fifth:

Quote:
The mob takes the 5th
Quote:
If you're innocent why are you taking the 5th Amendment?
Quote:
When you have your staff taking the Fifth Amendment so they're not prosecuted, I think it's disgraceful.
Quote:
Fifth Amendment, Fifth Amendment, Fifth Amendment. Horrible
.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 4th December 2018 at 03:11 PM.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 03:21 PM   #295
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 41,718
Yeah, pleading the Fifth is never a good look in a case like this.
The fifth amendment has always been problematical;it's a constitutional right to keep somebody from being forced to confess by coercion,..at least that is what the founding fathers had in mind....but you can't keep people from assuming,,and often rightly...that if you are innocence why even take the fifth?
ANyway, pleading it won't keep Stone from being indicted.
And ,of course, Trumpy's statements on the fifth are guaranteed to break many Irony meters.
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 03:30 PM   #296
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5,832
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Yeah, pleading the Fifth is never a good look in a case like this.
The fifth amendment has always been problematical;it's a constitutional right to keep somebody from being forced to confess by coercion,..at least that is what the founding fathers had in mind....but you can't keep people from assuming,,and often rightly...that if you are innocence why even take the fifth?
ANyway, pleading it won't keep Stone from being indicted.
And ,of course, Trumpy's statements on the fifth are guaranteed to break many Irony meters.
It's clear Stone is betting on getting a pardon from Trump. Something Trump has not been very subtle about in his tweets. Only idiots can't connect the dots here.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 03:47 PM   #297
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,362
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Yeah, pleading the Fifth is never a good look in a case like this.
The fifth amendment has always been problematical;it's a constitutional right to keep somebody from being forced to confess by coercion,..at least that is what the founding fathers had in mind....but you can't keep people from assuming,,and often rightly...that if you are innocence why even take the fifth?
ANyway, pleading it won't keep Stone from being indicted.
And ,of course, Trumpy's statements on the fifth are guaranteed to break many Irony meters.
I don't think Stone has much else he can do. I'd bet money that Trump will issue a pardon for both Manafort and Stone soon thinking he can get away with the backlash.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 03:57 PM   #298
Paul2
Illuminator
 
Paul2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,700
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Keep in mind also when considering the Report that there is evidence that actual scumbos McCabe and Strzok falsified the 304s for the Flynn interview.
.
1. Is the evidence sufficient to conclude that they falsified the 302s?

2. What is that evidence?
__________________
It's nice to be nice to the nice.

Aristotle, so far as I know, was the first man to proclaim explicitly that man is a rational animal. His reason for this view was one which does not now seem very impressive: it was, that some people can do sums. - Bertrand Russell
Paul2 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 04:29 PM   #299
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 41,718
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I don't think Stone has much else he can do. I'd bet money that Trump will issue a pardon for both Manafort and Stone soon thinking he can get away with the backlash.
Problem is that I suspect everything they know will come out no matter what Trump does.
FOr the record, every political commentator, liberal or conservative, has stated that issuing a pardon for Manafort and Stone would be the worst thing Trump could do. He might keep that hard core base but would lose everybody else,including some of the "I don't like him but will support him because is a Republican" Republicans.
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 04:47 PM   #300
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,362
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Problem is that I suspect everything they know will come out no matter what Trump does.
FOr the record, every political commentator, liberal or conservative, has stated that issuing a pardon for Manafort and Stone would be the worst thing Trump could do. He might keep that hard core base but would lose everybody else,including some of the "I don't like him but will support him because is a Republican" Republicans.
I agree. But that won't stop Trump. He keeps painting Manafort as a choir boy and saying just how terrible what they are doing to him. Never mind that the charges Manafort was convicted of are serious crimes. But I guess lying to banks and creditors to get millions in financing or tax evasion are petty.

Trump figures there will be a storm associated with the pardons, but he thinks he can weather it.

No, a pardon is certainly coming. Manafort is depending on it or he's never going to see daylight again. Because they are certainly going to sentence him to 20 years plus.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 04:50 PM   #301
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5,832
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I agree. But that won't stop Trump. He keeps painting Manafort as a choir boy and saying just how terrible what they are doing to him. Never mind that the charges Manafort was convicted of are serious crimes. But I guess lying to banks and creditors to get millions in financing or tax evasion are petty.

Trump figures there will be a storm associated with the pardons, but he thinks he can weather it.

No, a pardon is certainly coming. Manafort is depending on it or he's never going to see daylight again. Because they are certainly going to sentence him to 20 years plus.
He has every reason to believe so considering how Teflon Don has gotten away with everything else he's done. So far.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 05:04 PM   #302
BadBoy
Graduate Poster
 
BadBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,348
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
This substantive post brought to you by the letters T, B, and D.
Hu?....

Trump Brethren and Devotee?
Troll Before Deftness
The Bickering Dog
The Big Dong? wha?...
__________________
Go sell crazy someplace else we're all stocked up here
BadBoy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 05:12 PM   #303
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,362
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
He has every reason to believe so considering how Teflon Don has gotten away with everything else he's done. So far.
Unless the Republican Senators say this is a bridge too far, it ain't. And I am saying after he does it.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 05:52 PM   #304
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 41,718
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I agree. But that won't stop Trump. He keeps painting Manafort as a choir boy and saying just how terrible what they are doing to him. Never mind that the charges Manafort was convicted of are serious crimes. But I guess lying to banks and creditors to get millions in financing or tax evasion are petty.

Trump figures there will be a storm associated with the pardons, but he thinks he can weather it.

No, a pardon is certainly coming. Manafort is depending on it or he's never going to see daylight again. Because they are certainly going to sentence him to 20 years plus.
A lot of GOP congress critters might not be so sure they can weather the storm, though.
SOmeday, maybe, it will dawn on people that Trump does not give a damn about the GOP.
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 05:53 PM   #305
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 41,718
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
He has every reason to believe so considering how Teflon Don has gotten away with everything else he's done. So far.
I think a lot of the Teflon wore off on Nov. 6th.
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 06:02 PM   #306
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,362
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
A lot of GOP congress critters might not be so sure they can weather the storm, though.

I bet a lot of them feel they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. But if they're smart, they should get ahead of the curve.


Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Someday, maybe, it will dawn on people that Trump does not give a damn about the GOP.
I don't think Trump cares about anyone but himself and his family. And some members of his family are questionable.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 06:04 PM   #307
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5,832
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I think a lot of the Teflon wore off on Nov. 6th.
Teflon does deteriorate under high heat. Donnie's definitely feeling the heat now.

Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 06:33 PM   #308
Norman Alexander
Illuminator
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,439
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I don't think Trump cares about anyone but himself and his family. And some ALL members of his family are questionable expendable.
Sorry, had to adjust that, if I may.
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 07:12 PM   #309
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,362
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Sorry, had to adjust that, if I may.
I know he thinks his Son in Law is expendable.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 07:18 PM   #310
Tsukasa Buddha
Other (please write in)
 
Tsukasa Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NeverLand
Posts: 14,905
Quote:
Former national security advisor Michael Flynn has given special counsel Robert Mueller "first-hand" details of contacts between President Donald Trump's transition team and Russian government officials, Mueller said in a bombshell court document filed Tuesday night.

Mueller, in that sentencing memo, said Flynn's "substantial assistance" to the special counsel's probe over the past year warrants a criminal sentence for him on the low end of federal guidlines, which could include no jail time for the retired Army lieutentant general.

Mueller's memo almost completely blacks out the details of what Flynn told the special counsel's office.
Linky.

The redacted memo is here.
__________________
As cultural anthropologists have always said "human culture" = "human nature". You might as well put a fish on the moon to test how it "swims naturally" without the "influence of water". -Earthborn
Tsukasa Buddha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 07:27 PM   #311
I Am The Scum
Illuminator
 
I Am The Scum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,572
Good news, Big Dog. You don't need to worry about that pardon any more!

I Am The Scum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 07:38 PM   #312
Tero
Graduate Poster
 
Tero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North American prairie
Posts: 1,275
Trump is not going to pardon any of these. Only a few close family if it comes to that.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 07:40 PM   #313
Norman Alexander
Illuminator
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,439
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I know he thinks his Son in Law is expendable.
Oh, for certain. He gave Jared a job in the firm only because of who he is married to. But Ivanka has gone and spoiled her most-favoured status with the private email situation. So she and Jared might do well to ... polish their resumes??
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 07:53 PM   #314
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,800
I guess Mueller is a Black Flag fan!

Flynn is going to get on the low end of a range that called for 0 to 6 months for "substantial assistance" which otherwise would have called for .... zero months.

lolz.
__________________
Clinton Email Scandal: “one of the gravest modern offenses to government transparency.”

Judge Royce Lambert
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 08:09 PM   #315
The Shrike
Illuminator
 
The Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,725
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
lolz.
Oh there are lolz aplenty, alright.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 08:10 PM   #316
Pterodactyl
Graduate Poster
 
Pterodactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,041
I'm just gonna leave this here:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Pterodactyl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 08:17 PM   #317
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,362
Originally Posted by Tero View Post
Trump is not going to pardon any of these. Only a few close family if it comes to that.
I disagree. I think he's definitely going to give Manafort and Stone pardons. And if things get crazy, he'll then issue preemptive pardons to his family and then maybe himself.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 08:22 PM   #318
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19,362
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
I'm just gonna leave this here:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
That was hilarious.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 08:54 PM   #319
The Shrike
Illuminator
 
The Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,725
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
I'm just gonna leave this here:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
That's gotta be a Poe.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 08:59 PM   #320
Tero
Graduate Poster
 
Tero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North American prairie
Posts: 1,275
Stone will be dealt with in some manner. He got nothing last time
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Stone
Maybe rehab for conspiracy theorists?
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:33 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.