ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Michael Flynn , Robert Mueller , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections

Old 1st December 2017, 04:40 PM   #161
logger
Suspended

Panetta....

https://ntknetwork.com/leon-panetta-...sian-contacts/
logger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 04:40 PM   #162
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Originally Posted by logger View Post
Yeah, I can’t even begin to imagine what Mueller got for this process crime?
Neither can I until you explain what the **** a 'process crime' is, and why it's so light.
Old 1st December 2017, 04:41 PM   #163
logger
Suspended

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
It is kinda unfortunate to see so much noise wasted on more noise in an important and previously highly informative thread.
Agreed, post something.
logger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 04:42 PM   #164
logger
Suspended

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Neither can I until you explain what the **** a 'process crime' is, and why it's so light.
Lol

Look it up, it’s fascinating!
Old 1st December 2017, 04:44 PM   #165
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Lol

Look it up, it’s fascinating!
Definitions from you are typically vastly different from actual definitions.

Are you saying that lying to congress is a 'process crime' and really no big deal?

If at all possible, just yes or no. I know that's tough for you, but give it a whirl.
Old 1st December 2017, 04:48 PM   #166
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

It is kinda unfortunate to see so much noise wasted on more noise in an important and previously highly informative thread.
Maybe if we tell Noah that someone is talking about how tainted Brady's legacy is in another thread he'll get distracted from playing with his chew toy.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 04:49 PM   #167
phiwum
Philosopher

Yeah, I can’t even begin to imagine what Mueller got for this process crime?
You keep repeating the phrase "process crime". What does this mean to you?

To me, it means "crime".
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 04:52 PM   #168
logger
Suspended

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post

To me, it means "crime".
Old 1st December 2017, 05:26 PM   #169
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post

To me, it means "crime".
Well, see, his lying to the FBI wasn't really a real crime because they set him up -- by asking him questions.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 05:26 PM   #170
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

How is a simple process crime plea going to give Mueller bigger fish?
You seem to have missed that he was able to plead out on the lessor charge rather than getting charged with the the worse ones that could have been coming his way (and his son's way) because of his agreement to co-operate and testify against those further up the chain.

The fact that Muller took a lot off the table and let him have a smaller sentence on the plea would indicate that Muller got a good amount in return. Prosecutors don't make charges go away unless they are getting something better in return. I think you just need to accept that Flynn's new first name is Canary.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
My Apollo Page.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 05:32 PM   #171
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

People expected Manafort, but Gates was a little less so, and Papadopoulos's guilty plea came out of nowhere.

The phone calls mentioned in the charge Flynn specifically pleaded guilty to do not represent the totality of the crimes the Special Counsel's team is prepared to prosecute over. Mueller deliberately charged Flynn with the simplest offense available in order to keep the most serious information under wraps until he's ready to reveal it, likely by way of future indictments.

Last edited by Checkmite; 1st December 2017 at 05:33 PM.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 05:36 PM   #172
Stacko
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
The phone calls mentioned in the charge Flynn specifically pleaded guilty to do not represent the totality of the crimes the Special Counsel's team is prepared to prosecute over. Mueller deliberately charged Flynn with the simplest offense available in order to keep the most serious information under wraps until he's ready to reveal it, likely by way of future indictments.
Don't forget there's also whatever they have on Junior to bargain with as well.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 05:54 PM   #173
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Trump's suffering on this will be so delicious. His pain will be exquisite.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 06:10 PM   #174
Fast Eddie B
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
...one supposed perjury charge that didn't go anywhere...
It wasn’t technically perjury, as I recall, but regardless, for an attorney to be disbarred is a nontrivial consequence.
Old 1st December 2017, 07:08 PM   #175
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
I think you just need to accept that Flynn's new first name is Canary.
Van Jones just said on a panel something like "We know in the hood... If your boy be snitchin', lotta higher-level folks goin' down."

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Quite the definition of "schadenfreude". (If not the spelling.)
Old 1st December 2017, 07:16 PM   #176
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Just had a flash: Obama warned Trump about Flynn. What if Obama knew that would make Trump hire Flynn for sure?

Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 07:20 PM   #177
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

I dunno, the guy's nuts. If the rhetoric against N Korea amps up, look out. Trump may see that as his way out of the criminal mess he's in.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 07:29 PM   #178
Argumemnon
World Maker

You’ve got a huge massive nothing burger.
You know, this reminds me of gleeful conservative posters post-election who kept bringing up "denial" as the first stage of grief. Seems you've caught it.

Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 07:42 PM   #179
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
I dunno, the guy's nuts. If the rhetoric against N Korea amps up, look out. Trump may see that as his way out of the criminal mess he's in.
I can absolutely see him nuking NK as the most drastic distraction possible.
Old 1st December 2017, 07:45 PM   #180
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

You’ve got a huge massive nothing burger.
I see where someone is getting their information ...

Old 1st December 2017, 08:05 PM   #181
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Just had a flash: Obama warned Trump about Flynn. What if Obama knew that would make Trump hire Flynn for sure?

Thanks, Obama.
Old 1st December 2017, 08:34 PM   #182
Loss Leader
Would Be Ringing (if a bell)

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
It wasn’t technically perjury, as I recall, but regardless, for an attorney to be disbarred is a nontrivial consequence.

To be fair, Clinton didn't even try to fight it. It was a point scored on an undefended goal.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 09:33 PM   #183
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

How terribly cynical of you!

I lol'd
Old 1st December 2017, 09:58 PM   #184
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

As soon as I saw this first sentence, I knew Mueller has the top tier in his sights.

Quote:
President Trump's first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, pleaded guilty Friday to lying to the FBI about his contacts with the Russian ambassador during the transition, and he is cooperating with the special counsel's investigation into Moscow's interference in last year's election.

Flynn told investigators that he was instructed to engage with the Russians by senior members of the Trump transition team.
https://www.npr.org/2017/12/01/56123...sc=ipad&f=1001

No way Flynn gets to plead to such weak tea unless Mueller’s getting a big fish or fishes in exchange. And Mueller can always charge Flynn and/or his son with the other more serious charges if he doesn’t live up to the deal.

Fish tea? Blecch, sorry
Old 1st December 2017, 10:08 PM   #185
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

I wish I were a better man*, but I can’t help but agree.

*No offense intended!
Old 1st December 2017, 10:37 PM   #186
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

His possible moves:

Sabre rattling at North Korea, although he'd prefer a Grenada or other opponent that won't/can't shoot back.

Fire Tillerson.

Get the party to cram through his (very ameliorated) tax program and try to dominate the news with Rose Garden hug-and-kiss ceremonies.

Pick a fight on twitter with:
Rosie
Pocahontas
Hillary
Barack
Unnamed black athlete

Go play some golf with Todd Rundgren.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 10:41 PM   #187
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

People are saying,.... it's (((Jared)))!

Makes sense. They already have him present at meeting that he denied took place, they've got his re-writes of the stories surrounding those meetings and the fact that he, via his wife, is probably the closest thing to a BFF that Donnie Johnny has.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 11:28 PM   #188
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
His possible moves:

Sabre rattling at North Korea, although he'd prefer a Grenada or other opponent that won't/can't shoot back.

Fire Tillerson.

Get the party to cram through his (very ameliorated) tax program and try to dominate the news with Rose Garden hug-and-kiss ceremonies.

Pick a fight on twitter with:
Rosie
Pocahontas
Hillary
Barack
Unnamed black athlete

He can still fire Mueller, can't he?
Old 2nd December 2017, 12:04 AM   #189
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

His possible moves:
I feel compelled to mention, Rundgren is vehemently anti-Trump.

Add: proof! with Donald Fagen no less. The Man in the Tin Foil Hat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=los9WulxBjM

Last edited by varwoche; 2nd December 2017 at 12:26 AM.
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 12:39 AM   #190
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
I feel compelled to mention, Rundgren is vehemently anti-Trump.

Add: proof! with Donald Fagen no less. The Man in the Tin Foil Hat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=los9WulxBjM
LOL: "AG Sessions reveals he was banjo boy in Deliverance."
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 12:50 AM   #191
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Isn't it right around Insomniac Tweet Hour? What's our deloved president up to? Is there a White House kitten he can kick? Think maybe Kelly took his phone away, again?

Old 2nd December 2017, 02:48 AM   #192
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I like how every time Mueller moves, there is one block of news, which media take a few hours to ingest and interprete - and then nothing more. No leaks, no look ahead. A very tight ship!
Old 2nd December 2017, 03:08 AM   #193
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

I like how every time Mueller moves, there is one block of news, which media take a few hours to ingest and interprete - and then nothing more. No leaks, no look ahead. A very tight ship!
Oh what a leftist way of looking at things.

The truth is that all Mueller has is a bunch of nothingburgers and there's no leak because every single nothingburger is in any case #FakeNews made up of the spot.

....or at least that's what the GOP would like everyone to think.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 03:50 AM   #194
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post

The truth is that all Mueller has is a bunch of nothingburgers and there's no leak because every single nothingburger is in any case #FakeNews made up of the spot.

If that were so, the Flynns, Manaforts etc could easily throw denials. If Mueller had no serious clout on them, they'd be leaking like sieves to show how naked Mueller is.

I thus guess Mueller is very well dressed and covered multiple and quality ways. And that guess is an informed one.
Old 2nd December 2017, 06:41 AM   #195
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Is that some new colloquialism for jerking off?

Hello. It’s me!
Old 2nd December 2017, 07:00 AM   #196
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Don View Post

Violation of the Logan Act is still a Felony, and it is the Law in the USA.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 07:09 AM   #197
BillC
Bazooka Joe

Meanwhile, RT manages to find a different take on the whole topic...
"Why Flynn’s plea is a dead end for ‘Russiagate’ conspiracy"
Old 2nd December 2017, 10:51 AM   #198
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Minutes ago, Trump tweeted:

Quote:
I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!
This seems to be an admission that Trump was aware Flynn had lied to the FBI before he pressured FBI director Comey to drop the investigation into Flynn.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 10:57 AM   #199
BillC
Bazooka Joe

This seems to be an admission that Trump was aware Flynn had lied to the FBI before he pressured FBI director Comey to drop the investigation into Flynn.
Yes, I agree.
Old 2nd December 2017, 11:11 AM   #200
Fast Eddie B
Illuminator

These tweets may be his downfall.

We can only hope!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics