ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old Today, 03:42 PM   #1841
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
You've said nothing about why they couldn't or wouldn't fix the glitch. And you should expect them to be especially motivated to do that if the glitch occurs at the moment that everything becomes a lie.
it was live.

the whole first part is full of glitches.

You can't remove live glitches once they have happened.

its in the past.

but as i said, the glitches serve a purpose in this illusion, that being -to mask the splice ( if it is a hoax)

the glitches are ESSENTIAL to pulling off the deception
esspee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:43 PM   #1842
RussDill
Philosopher

Originally Posted by esspee View Post
The beginning questions are live from real people, the questions at the end are pre planned and posted live from fake accounts to coincide with her 'choosing' to read them. But its in the script.
If you are going to have a fake question at the end of the video, why would you bother with making real questions at the beginning?
And lines to code before I sleep
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:43 PM   #1843
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by RussDill View Post
Go check out the Flyboard Air record video. The clouds are very irregular. If the video was pre-recorded, the clouds would not match any other video recorded in the same area that day. There are also many active elements such as boats. It'd be super easy to have a boat in the video be in its slip, but in reality be out at sea at that time or vice versa.
this is why i have spent hours looking at the clouds in the videos of that event.
esspee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:46 PM   #1844
esspee
black goo

If you are going to have a fake question at the end of the video, why would you bother with making real questions at the beginning?
you would have to watch my video to get that, and to fully get that, watch the entire video on vidme.

Its a good question, and one i spent many hours to articulate before shooting my video - which took over 20 minutes just to explain ( the very point you just raised.) and that video, although only 50 people ever saw it, likley 30 of them bots, took an enormous amount of time to make.

i am not going to attempt to paraphrase it here in a single post. i put it down in that video as best i could.

if you want to understand why it was important to have live questions and fke questions you will have to endure the full horror of that entire video.

Last edited by esspee; Today at 03:49 PM.
Old Today, 03:49 PM   #1845
RussDill
Philosopher

you would have to watch my video to get that, and to fully get that, watch the entire video on vidme.

Its a good question, and one i spent many hours to articulate before shooting my video - which took over 20 minutes just to explain ( the very point you just raised.) and that video, although only 50 people ever saw it, likley 0 of them bots, took an enormous amount of time to make.

i am not going to attempt to paraphrase it here in a single post. i put it down in that video as best i could.
Yes, that'll convince everyone to watch your video.

RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:56 PM   #1846
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

its not sky news, it is sky news online - or skynews facebook or whatever.

it IS a 'puff' outlet as it is.

if he appeard on Sky news real maybe i would understand your point.
If was broadcast live, then it was on Sky News TV. All of the videos on the Sky News website are re-broadcasts of what appeared on the tv station. You still didn't answer the question of why they would willing participate in a hoax that could potential damage their reputation.

I remember a while back there was a news agency that caught some flak for faking a background for a live shot...and all they did was string some police tape up to make it look like they were standing in front of the crime scene.
Old Today, 04:00 PM   #1847
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

i put it down in that video as best i could.
And this thread appears to be little more than a periodic attempt to drive traffic to your YouTube channel. You've already indicated that you measure the success of your efforts in hits, so I decline to cater to your ulterior motive.

Quote:
if you want to understand why it was important to have live questions and fke questions you will have to endure the full horror of that entire video.
No.

If you're going to purport to use this forum to discuss your findings, then you can present your findings here in all their glory, in the format this forum is built to present. I'm not going to sit through a load of drivel just to get an answer to a question asked here, based on arguments and counterarguments made here. If your defense is going to consist of "Go give me YouTube hits," then I'm not interested in your defense and I'll just stick with the conclusion I've already drawn regarding your claims.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:01 PM   #1848
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

this is why i have spent hours looking at the clouds in the videos of that event.
Have you found some mismatched clouds in the many videos of these guys and their fake flying machines?
Old Today, 04:07 PM   #1849
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Macgyver1968 View Post
You still didn't answer the question of why they would willing participate in a hoax that could potential damage their reputation.
It's more than damage that would occur if the network was hoaxed. Here it's an organized conspiracy of fraud which leads to lawsuits and oops Sky News TV just went out of business.
Old Today, 04:08 PM   #1850
RussDill
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
And this thread appears to be little more than a periodic attempt to drive traffic to your YouTube channel. You've already indicated that you measure the success of your efforts in hits, so I decline to cater to your ulterior motive.

If you're going to purport to use this forum to discuss your findings, then you can present your findings here in all their glory, in the format this forum is built to present. I'm not going to sit through a load of drivel just to get an answer to a question asked here, based on arguments and counterarguments made here. If your defense is going to consist of "Go give me YouTube hits," then I'm not interested in your defense and I'll just stick with the conclusion I've already drawn regarding your claims.
It might make the overall discussion more productive to just have mods remove any links to his own video channel.
Old Today, 04:08 PM   #1851
esspee
black goo

Yes, that'll convince everyone to watch your video.

http://i.imgur.com/RuOAB0Qm.jpg
they'll watch if it i am proved right.
Old Today, 04:09 PM   #1852
esspee
black goo

If was broadcast live, then it was on Sky News TV. All of the videos on the Sky News website are re-broadcasts of what appeared on the tv station. You still didn't answer the question of why they would willing participate in a hoax that could potential damage their reputation.

I remember a while back there was a news agency that caught some flak for faking a background for a live shot...and all they did was string some police tape up to make it look like they were standing in front of the crime scene.
it was not their main website, it was their facebook 'presence'. they have a show for facebook, done on facebook
Old Today, 04:24 PM   #1853
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

they'll watch if it i am proved right.
No they wouldn't. People would watch CNN and BBC talk about the fake and fraud and the subsequent collapse of Guinness and Sky News TV. There would be no mention of your YouTube channel. Google searches for "Flyboard is fake" would result in hundreds of major media stories with your videos being nowhere in sight.

Last edited by William Parcher; Today at 04:26 PM.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:29 PM   #1854
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

it was not their main website, it was their facebook 'presence'. they have a show for facebook, done on facebook
The video still has the Sky News logo on it. It's the only reason I knew where the source of the video came from. Whether it came from tv, or their website or their facebook page...it's branded with their logo.

You're still not answering the question. Why would a news organization willingly participate in a hoax that could damage their reputation? It's not just about this video...but all of the others that have received news attention. Why did the broadcasters of the soccer match participate in the fake flying of Duru's drone? Why did Breitling sponsor a fake flying platform? Why did Guinness certify a fake flight? All of these companies have a great reputation...why would they put that at risk just to show some dude flying on an fake experimental aircraft?

Last edited by Macgyver1968; Today at 04:46 PM.
Macgyver1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:40 PM   #1855
Marcus
Master Poster

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
I think he said that he no longer considers this a conspiracy involving a shill audience. I think he said that his more current idea is that it's an unknown and unprecedented form of magic act. The audience "sees" him flying around and it all looks totally legit - but he isn't actually flying it. He says that he has no idea how he does the trick but he is certainly doing some sort of trick.

But I don't believe that he believes his own ideas about this.
It's weird. I don't know why he is going to such great lengths, it's not like he is defending a belief in Sky Daddy, he simply wants to deny off the shelf technology.
Marcus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:58 PM   #1856
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
It's weird. I don't know why he is going to such great lengths, it's not like he is defending a belief in Sky Daddy, he simply wants to deny off the shelf technology.

He apparently just wants attention and Youtube ad revenue.
Old Today, 05:33 PM   #1857
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hokulele View Post
He apparently just wants attention and Youtube ad revenue.
The first part is very true..and we have obliged him for nearly 50 pages. None of his videos have enough views to come even close to being relevant...much less monitizeable.
Old Today, 05:52 PM   #1858
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

the glitches are ESSENTIAL to pulling off the deception
Mistakes and accidents must be essential too.

Check out his big flip fall at 2:33.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JinhIHIF8Eo

Iron Man's blunder wouldn't look anything like that if it wasn't faked with CGI or whatever, right?
Old Today, 06:24 PM   #1859
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Why would Sky News risk their reputation to take part in a hoax video...for essentially a meaningless puff piece?
Sky News added to list of conspirators.
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:31 PM   #1860
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Just for fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_NbTDNGfWo

One of many fan videos taken, Let the hand waving commence.
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 07:30 PM   #1861
smartcooky
Philosopher

Have you looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow
It's cloud's illusions I recall
You really don't know clouds at all
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories