IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Lauren Boebert , Marjorie Taylor Greene

Old 2nd November 2021, 05:20 AM   #2321
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Bush's problem was primarily his trust in Liz Cheney's dad, along with Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz. He's simply not all that bright.
While it is quite true that Bush Jr is quite stupid, however it is quite evident that Bush Jr has some very deep-seated motivations.

In this case, Bush Jr had always wanted to do something to show his father (who was the President, an Ambassador, a Director of the CIA, a war hero, a successful businessman, a Ivy League graduate, and so on) that his namesake son is a person of considerable worth.

And by settling the Iraq issue once and for all, Bush Jr could show his chops to both his father and his electorate.

On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2021, 08:08 AM   #2322
autumn1971
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
“There are no words.”

Here’s one: moron.
Here’s another: treason
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard
autumn1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2021, 08:19 AM   #2323
Crossbow

“There are no words.”

Here’s one: moron.
Originally Posted by autumn1971 View Post
Here’s another: treason
I suggest the following term for Honorable Marjorie Taylor Greene:

Treasonous Moron.

And by a happy coincidence, the very same term can be readily applied to her hero Donald J. Trump.

Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2021, 08:21 AM   #2324
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
I suggest the following term for Honorable Marjorie Taylor Greene:

Treasonous Moron.

And by a happy coincidence, the very same term can be readily applied to her hero Donald J. Trump.
....and yet the party of treasonous morons look set to get control of the House and Senate in 2022.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2021, 08:45 AM   #2325
Crossbow

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
....and yet the party of treasonous morons look set to get control of the House and Senate in 2022.
Maybe so and maybe not. It is still too early to tell for sure.

In any event, I just hope that the elections are done honestly in order to give the people the government that they deserve.

Old 2nd November 2021, 08:58 AM   #2326
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
The Marjorie Taylor Greene thread.

In any event, I just hope that the elections are done honestly in order to give the people the government that they deserve.
I hope we can do better than that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2nd November 2021, 09:29 AM   #2327
Crossbow

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
I hope we can do better than that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope also hope that we can do better than that.

Old 2nd November 2021, 10:45 AM   #2328
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

It's a sign of the times, surely, that G.W.Bush, whom I despise deeply and consider one of the worst presidents ever, a font of wrongness and corruption in nearly every way, seems like a breath of fresh air compared to some of his party's more recent representatives.

The have, if nothing else, succeeded in normalizing the awful. How we long for the days when we were only sucking the scum out of the barrel, before we got to the bottom.

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2021, 11:27 AM   #2329
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
It's a sign of the times, surely, that G.W.Bush, whom I despise deeply and consider one of the worst presidents ever, a font of wrongness and corruption in nearly every way, seems like a breath of fresh air compared to some of his party's more recent representatives.

The have, if nothing else, succeeded in normalizing the awful. How we long for the days when we were only sucking the scum out of the barrel, before we got to the bottom.
While Dubya is a fool, he is not evil. He's a generally decent human being who made some very bad decisions but he's not a scumbag. On the other hand, you have Trump and his butt-kissing minions who are just plain evil.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2021, 11:43 AM   #2330
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

I don't know where to put this, but apparently a crowd of somewhere around 75 QAnon people gathered at Dealey Plaza in Dallas today to await an appearance of JFK Jr.

https://twitter.com/stevanzetti/stat...41979362861057

I'm not making this up.

Sometimes, when I am at a restaurant, I look around and think, "All these other people here said, "Where do you want to go to eat?" and it was answered with this restaurant name. That's interesting."

But there are people who got up this morning and said, "Let's go over to Dealey Plaza because I heard that JFK Jr will be making an appearance." And they brought "Trump Kennedy 2024" flags with them.

Just a reminder, JFK Jr died in a plane accident in 1999.

There was a reply tweet that summed it up: Imagine being this divorced from reality.
Old 2nd November 2021, 12:17 PM   #2331
Crossbow

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
I don't know where to put this, but apparently a crowd of somewhere around 75 QAnon people gathered at Dealey Plaza in Dallas today to await an appearance of JFK Jr.

I'm not making this up.

Sometimes, when I am at a restaurant, I look around and think, "All these other people here said, "Where do you want to go to eat?" and it was answered with this restaurant name. That's interesting."

But there are people who got up this morning and said, "Let's go over to Dealey Plaza because I heard that JFK Jr will be making an appearance." And they brought "Trump Kennedy 2024" flags with them.

There was a reply tweet that summed it up: Imagine being this divorced from reality.
That is weird even for the 'Q' nutjobs.

However, I guess that they are thinking about RFK, Jr. who is now a supporter of the Anti-Covid Vaccine movement.

Old 2nd November 2021, 12:19 PM   #2332
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

However, I guess that they are thinking about RFK, Jr. who is now a supporter of the Anti-Covid Vaccine movement.
No, they are thinking JFK Jr. They think that his death is actually a coverup for...something, I don't know what. They even have a guy who they insist is actually JFK Jr based on pictures. The guy naturally denies it, but that's what the real JFK Jr would say.

Yes, this is weird even for the nutjobs, but not as weird as you think.
Old 2nd November 2021, 01:05 PM   #2333
Crossbow

No, they are thinking JFK Jr. They think that his death is actually a coverup for...something, I don't know what. They even have a guy who they insist is actually JFK Jr based on pictures. The guy naturally denies it, but that's what the real JFK Jr would say.

Yes, this is weird even for the nutjobs, but not as weird as you think.
Oh gosh!

The well of 'Q' stupidity keeps getting deeper every day.

Old 2nd November 2021, 01:09 PM   #2334
carlitos
"más divertido"

And they brought "Trump Kennedy 2024" flags with them.
As I posted in the CT subforum, some also brought "Trump Kennedy 2020" flags. I mean, there's still a chance, right?

ETA - The USA Politics and the conspiracy theories sub-forums can probably be merged at this point.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2021, 01:42 PM   #2335
jnelso99
Graduate Poster

No - they've had "Trump - JFK Jr" t-shirts made for this.
jnelso99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2021, 02:10 PM   #2336
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I think a number of GOP voters are still in denial about what the GOP Has become.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2021, 05:24 PM   #2337
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I'm not making this up.

What's really scary is these people vote. And you know for whom they vote. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2021, 05:25 PM   #2338
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Oh gosh!

It's not a well; it's a sink hole.
Old 2nd November 2021, 05:26 PM   #2339
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I think a number of GOP voters are still in denial about what the GOP Has become.
Some. But some aren't in denial and love it.
Old 2nd November 2021, 05:33 PM   #2340
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

All the lunatics in one place! Why didn't someone round them up and commit them as a job lot?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2021, 06:44 PM   #2341
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Ok, since JFK Jr didn't show up in Dealey Plaza today, now the thinking is that he will come to the Rolling Stones concert in Dallas tonight. What ate the odds they think Keith Richard's is JFK Jr?

Again, I'm not making this up. They actually think JFK Jr is going to show up
Old 2nd November 2021, 08:55 PM   #2342
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

The disconnect I find odd is that these people seem to assume JFK Jr. would be on their side. Combining Kennedy worship with T**** worship goes beyond mere stupidity into the florid lunacy of cargo cults and lizard queens.

bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2021, 06:36 AM   #2343
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

The disconnect I find odd is that these people seem to assume JFK Jr. would be on their side. Combining Kennedy worship with T**** worship goes beyond mere stupidity into the florid lunacy of cargo cults and lizard queens.
Why the present tense? It has already been happening for a fairly long time.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2021, 07:39 AM   #2344
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

I think they think he's turned on the Democrats, which is why he had to fake his death and go into hiding. Having lived his life as the ultimate Democratic insider, he'd have seen all the demonic stuff they were up to, and is now poised to bring the whole house of cards down.

Why it's taken him 22 years (and counting) to do this is a mystery.
Old 3rd November 2021, 08:01 AM   #2345
Crossbow

Oh gosh! I am beginning to think that these 'Q' people have been watching too many Scooby Doo cartoons.

Come to think of it, just a few weeks ago MTG made a weird Scooby Doo reference on the floor of the US House of Representatives.

Old 3rd November 2021, 08:08 AM   #2346
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Why the present tense? It has already been happening for a fairly long time.
Because, history aside, it's current.

Old 3rd November 2021, 08:36 AM   #2347
Crossbow

Originally Posted by jnelso99 View Post
No - they've had "Trump - JFK Jr" t-shirts made for this.
You are quite correct!

In fact, one can buy Trump/JFK, Jr. T-Shirts here:

https://www.amazon.com/Trump-JFK-Jr-.../dp/B092PB3HNB

Old 3rd November 2021, 09:47 AM   #2348
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

You are quite correct!

In fact, one can buy Trump/JFK, Jr. T-Shirts here:

https://www.amazon.com/Trump-JFK-Jr-.../dp/B092PB3HNB
I told you all, I'm not making this up.

This is the level of nuttery that is out there.

There was a non-trivial amount of people yesterday who absolutely said, "Let's go to Dealey Plaza because JFK Jr is going to show up there" and they thought he was going to support Donald Trump.
Old 3rd November 2021, 03:14 PM   #2349
Carlotta
Muse

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Or a sewer.
Carlotta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2021, 04:47 PM   #2350
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

I told you all, I'm not making this up.

This is the level of nuttery that is out there.

There was a non-trivial amount of people yesterday who absolutely said, "Let's go to Dealey Plaza because JFK Jr is going to show up there" and they thought he was going to support Donald Trump.
All the loonies in one place! Round them up gently and put them back in the asylum.
Old 3rd November 2021, 05:01 PM   #2351
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Oh gosh!

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
You might say it’s a deep state.
Old 3rd November 2021, 05:35 PM   #2352
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

You might say it’s a deep state.
Old 4th November 2021, 03:04 PM   #2353
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit

I'm sure if we keep digging we can come up with more ...
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Canadian or living in Canada? PM me if you want an entry on the list of Canadians on the forum.
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2021, 09:41 AM   #2354
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Blue Mountain View Post
I'm sure if we keep digging we can come up with more ...
Maybe or maybe not.
Old 12th November 2021, 03:55 PM   #2355
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

More antics with potentially deadly consequences. This time the targets were the thirteen House Republicans who voted for President Biden's infrastructure bill.
Quote:
Those defectors were savaged afterward by former President Donald Trump, while hard-right Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., called them “traitors” while tweeting their names and office telephone numbers, and one of the 13 says he received death threats. AP story linked via WWNY-TV, a CBS affiliate in upstate New York
MTG really went full press. In a Tweet she wrote:
Quote:
They “handed over their voting cards to Nancy Pelosi to pass Joe Biden’s Communist takeover of America” through the infrastructure package. USA Today
One of the congressman, a veteran lawmaker from Michigan, reacted angrily.
Quote:
“This madness has to stop,” said Rep. Fred Upton, R-Mich., an 18-term moderate, who noted the dozens of threatening calls he said his offices received following his yes vote. That included one obscenity-laced rant that aides provided in which the caller repeatedly called Upton a “traitor” and expressed hope that the lawmaker, his family and aides would die.
In Long Island NY, 64-year-old Kenneth Gasper was arrested by local police after calling local Republican congressman Andrew Garbarino's office, cursing staffers who took his call and saying he would kill Garbarino if he "saw him on the street."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tweetie girl.jpg (33.0 KB, 8 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2021, 04:03 PM   #2356
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
More antics with potentially deadly consequences. This time the targets were the thirteen House Republicans who voted for President Biden's infrastructure bill.

MTG really went full press. In a Tweet she wrote:

One of the congressman, a veteran lawmaker from Michigan, reacted angrily.

In Long Island NY, 64-year-old Kenneth Gasper was arrested by local police after calling local Republican congressman Andrew Garbarino's office, cursing staffers who took his call and saying he would kill Garbarino if he "saw him on the street."
She is literally inciting her followers to commit murder and hoping one of them is crazy enough to take her words to heart.

Meanwhile, Kevin "the cowardly dog" McCarthy twiddles his thumbs and takes no action
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
Those who agree with me may not always be right, but nonetheless, I admire their astuteness.
Cullen Hightower

Last edited by smartcooky; 12th November 2021 at 05:36 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2021, 05:42 PM   #2357
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, it is getting crazy, beyond crazy.
Quote:
Republican Rep. Paul Gosar posted a photoshopped anime video to his Twitter and Instagram accounts showing him appearing to kill Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and attacking President Joe Biden...Gosar is portrayed as a cartoon anime-type hero and is seen attacking a giant with Ocasio-Cortez' face with a sword from behind. The giant can then be seen crumbling to the ground. Another scene shows Gosar flying through the air, swinging two swords at a character with President Biden's face. CNN link
California congressman Ted Lieu -- a Democrat and a colonel in the US Air Force Reserve -- said the anime video, created by Gosar's staff, showing Gosar killing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was sick. "In any workplace in America, if a coworker made an anime video killing another coworker, that person would be fired."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Congressman Paul Gosar.jpg (51.7 KB, 9 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2021, 06:12 PM   #2358
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

California congressman Ted Lieu -- a Democrat and a colonel in the US Air Force Reserve -- said the anime video, created by Gosar's staff, showing Gosar killing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was sick. "In any workplace in America, if a coworker made an anime video killing another coworker, that person would be fired."
I am 100% convinced that Paul Gosar has serious mental issues.

Marjorie Jewish Space Laser Greene on the other hand, is a straight up ******* psychopath!
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
Those who agree with me may not always be right, but nonetheless, I admire their astuteness.
Cullen Hightower
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2021, 07:18 PM   #2359
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

What a bunch of snowflakes y'all are. If everybody was armed, offices would be safer! Nobody stealing lunches on my watch.
Old 12th November 2021, 08:26 PM   #2360
Venom
Philosopher

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
I am 100% convinced that Paul Gosar has serious mental issues.

Marjorie Jewish Space Laser Greene on the other hand, is a straight up ******* psychopath!
Both would be taking orders and manning political prisons in a Fascist States of America.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics