IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 25th September 2007, 01:46 PM   #361
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

I have not the know how, but I was hoping he would keep it up...have not seen him in a while.

As for R.Mackey, I believe he does not wish to post his credentials, and I respect that.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2007, 01:49 PM   #362
OldTigerCub
Striped Shapeshifting Reptoid

Since I'm a newbie too, and just found this thread, I'll toss my two cents in:

AS Computers and Electronics
BS Computer Information Systems
25 Years experience as a Customer Engineer for NCR Corp.
Currently do technical and consulting work for a bank security company.

Served 10 years with A.C. Sheriff's Reserve unit as a uniformed deputy.
I was licensed (Class A) as a skydiver many years ago, but don't do that anymore.
Certified Master Scuba Diver (NAUI)

My particular interest in stopping hysterical nonsense stems from my having spent a lot of time at Indian Lake, right next to the shanksville area (that's where most of the skydiving took place). There were also a few great golf weekends there. I feel a certain kindred with the people that live there and have some familiarity of the lay of the land as it looks from the air. Obviously my pet peeve is troothers who make outrageous claims about Flight 93, and the disrespect they show for the families of the victims and the recovery and investigative teams that had to face and deal with the crash scene.

Other than that, I just enjoy watching kooks getting proved wrong everytime they open their mouths.
Old 25th September 2007, 01:58 PM   #363
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

OldTigerCub:

I got a feeling you and TC329 will not get along real well...lol

Look him up here on JREF...Shanksville is his thing...full blown Truth movement.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2007, 02:07 PM   #364
buka001
Thinker

BSc Civil Engineering - University of Cape Town (2003)

3.5 years construction experience. Built roads, numerous reinforced concrete structures, sports fields, residential developements etc.

Have some design experience (+-6 months) in stormwater management systems, sewage treatment plant design and optimisation.

I am a keen problem solver and enjoy a challenge! I like to, without exception, look at the logical, practicle side of any situation. Once you have that in check, everything else falls into place.
buka001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2007, 03:02 PM   #365
OldTigerCub
Striped Shapeshifting Reptoid

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
OldTigerCub:

I got a feeling you and TC329 will not get along real well...lol

Look him up here on JREF...Shanksville is his thing...full blown Truth movement.

TAM
Thanks for the heads-up T.A.M!

Remind me to keep my links to all the NTSB info, detailed pictures and complete quotes from responders at the scene queued up.
Old 26th September 2007, 07:24 AM   #366
grmcdorman
Graduate Poster

I have not the know how, but I was hoping he would keep it up...have not seen him in a while.]
I'm still around; don't have much to contribute, though.

I can look into updating the list, or tell you how to do it ... dealer's choice. (The latter would require maintaining a copy of the list off-line, either in a ready-to-post format - which is a bit ugly - or in a text format converted to the post format by some free [GPL] software.)
grmcdorman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2007, 08:01 AM   #367
Max Photon
Graduate Poster

A warm thankyou to TAM and grmcdorman!

TAM and grmcdorman,

Thanks for taking the time to put this thread and list together.

I printed out the latest list (11 pages) and spent some time going over it. I stopped at each person's entry, and worked to give each his due. I tried to really let in the person, based on the entry and what I have seen the person post.

Now, I am here at JREF promoting - shall we say - an unpopular model. That creates a thermite spark or two...that's to be expected.

But in reading the list, it took just a few seconds to start feeling "Wow, that's a really interesting background. I bet it would be fun to meet this person."

And it's a long list, so there were a lot of interesting people!

Lots of the names are very clever, and very funny.

I was impressed by the number of people from the armed services. Guys, I have genuine respect, admiration, and appreciation of those who serve. Though it may not look like I am on your side, I am. From my perspective, honorable servicemen are being dishonorably deployed (and are fighting honorably).

There are some artistic types in the list, which is very cool. (I myself paint and cartoon.)

Some of the notables were missing. Why, I expected to see a name or two with - like - five PhDs. That's the great thing - JREF has big guns in reserve (set on AUTO...with motion detection).

Lastly, it would be fun to know who the truthers are on the list. You have my permission to mark my entry as such if you'd like.

Thanks again guys. Great project!

Cheers!

Max

Max Photon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2007, 01:04 PM   #368
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

The offer has been made to truthers here to submit their qualifications, which I think, IIRC, you did Max. Most other truthers (I am assuming you consider yourself one) have declined.

R. Mackey has declined, as have others here, and we respect their wishes...the purpose of this thread was merely to show visitors and critics that we are not a bunch of uneducated half-wits. Even those without formal education here, can prove this simply through their discussion skills...which they usually do.

TAM
Old 4th October 2007, 02:20 PM   #369
Max Photon
Graduate Poster

Max Photon, do you promise to tell the truther, the whole truther, and nothing but...

Well TAM that's a shame.

Other truthers should "submit."

By the way, "truther" is not my first pick, but it is a functional label with wide recognition here, so I am happy to call myself a truther for ID purposes.

So again, you may - heck, I encourage you - to add to my entry:

Truther (with permission)

Max Truther Photon

Last edited by Max Photon; 4th October 2007 at 02:30 PM.
Max Photon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2007, 02:33 PM   #370
Max Photon
Graduate Poster

Our Max, Who Art in Heaven....

Artists have very important 9/11 expertise.

Artists see fields of possibilities, and then show those fields to others.

For those who see possibilities...a little treat:

Can Artists Ever Truly Be Modest?
http://www.incharacter.org/article.php?article=54

9/11-God

Old 4th October 2007, 02:38 PM   #371
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Why do I always hear "purple haze" after one of Max's posts? Maybe it's a flash back.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2007, 08:19 PM   #372
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Why do I always hear "purple haze" after one of Max's posts? Maybe it's a flash back.
hmm, when I think of Avery I flash to a Zappa tune,"I am the slime".

MP just pops "Max headroom".
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2007, 08:36 PM   #373
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm

Just noticed this, and while I don't frequent the conspiracy threads figured I'd answer anyway....

BS degrees in Computer Science and History
Miniors in Math and Physics
MSEE
ACOT, ACSC
Was at "ground zero" (Pentagon) on 11 SEP 01, ~60yards from impact
Old 4th October 2007, 09:27 PM   #374
Narveson
Scholar

Another newbie here. My professional background is in defense security, primarily contractor side (20+ years). I have a background in firearms (generalized) and building trades (again, generalized with focus mostly in carpentry).

Due to restrictions of various NDAs, I do not wish to discuss agencies or companies I have worked with/for in the defense field.
Narveson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2007, 10:39 PM   #375
B3LYP/CEP-31G(d)
Scholar

I am also new here:

B.S. Chemistry (2006) and Mathematics (2006)

I am currently pursuing a PhD in Chemistry, particularly in molecular modeling in inorganic chemistry. I know it is quite a stretch from the large scale modeling of NIST, but with molecular modeling I can calculate the energy released during a thermite reaction.
B3LYP/CEP-31G(d) is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2007, 10:50 PM   #376
Minadin
Master Poster

That's one heck of a username for a chem major.
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2007, 10:52 PM   #377
Max Photon
Graduate Poster

He He He

Originally Posted by B3LYP/CEP-31G(d) View Post
I am also new here:

B.S. Chemistry (2006) and Mathematics (2006)

I am currently pursuing a PhD in Chemistry, particularly in molecular modeling in inorganic chemistry. I know it is quite a stretch from the large scale modeling of NIST, but with molecular modeling I can calculate the energy released during a thermite reaction.

Who can't?

100kg of thermite yields 1/4 the energy of writing a post using the third person singular.
Old 4th October 2007, 10:53 PM   #378
1337m4n
Alphanumeric Anonymous Stick Man

I...uh...passed my AP Physics exam...and, uh...I took one year of high school engineering...

Hey, if that's good enough for the Truthers, why can't it be good enough for us ?
1337m4n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2007, 10:55 PM   #379
1337m4n
Alphanumeric Anonymous Stick Man

But I did take Debate class for all three years of middle school and all four years of high school! And it shows!

Uh...it DOES show, right?

...right?
1337m4n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2007, 10:57 PM   #380
Minadin
Master Poster

Originally Posted by 1337m4n View Post
I...uh...passed my AP Physics exam...and, uh...I took one year of high school engineering...

Hey, if that's good enough for the Truthers, why can't it be good enough for us ?
You might consider switching sides, you're more qualified than the pillars (let alone the drones) of their movement.
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2007, 12:44 AM   #381
B3LYP/CEP-31G(d)
Scholar

Originally Posted by Max Photon View Post
Who can't?
Those without access to molecular modeling software. Since you seem to be implying that anyone can perform such calculations, what computational method and basis set would you recommend for calculating the enthalpy of the reaction?
B3LYP/CEP-31G(d) is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2007, 12:54 AM   #382
ref
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Locknar View Post
Just noticed this, and while I don't frequent the conspiracy threads figured I'd answer anyway....

BS degrees in Computer Science and History
Miniors in Math and Physics
MSEE
ACOT, ACSC
Was at "ground zero" (Pentagon) on 11 SEP 01, ~60yards from impact
Were you in the building when it happened..?

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2007, 06:10 PM   #383
USAFMXOfficer
Scholar

My expertise

BS, Aerospace Engineering
MS, Aeronautical Science - Several classes in Aviation Accident Investigation
Masters of Strategic Studies - Several classes in critical thinking

- 22+ years experience, US Air Force
- Currently Lieutenant Colonel, selected for promotion to full Colonel (should be in March 2008)
- 17 years experience in Aircraft Maintenance. Supervised maintenance on F-15, KC-135, RC-135, and KC-10 aircraft
- 5 years experience in Air Force Supply and Transportation
- 2-time Squadron Commander
- Staff Officer at Air Combat Command Headquarters, Langley AFB VA
- Graduated from US Army War College (yes they send Air Force guys there)
- States/countries visited or stationed in: Illinois, Nebraska, New Jersey, Virginia, Texas, Pennsylvania, Okinawa Japan, Tokyo japan, Singapore, Thailand, China (Hong Kong), South Korea, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Italy, Germany, England

I got interested in debunking 9/11 conspiracies about 2 years ago. Started on the IMDB forums for the World Trade Center Movie (still post there) and Loose Change. My strongest areas of expertise are on the flight profiles of Flights 11, 93, 77 and 175, plus accident investigation techniques. Still reading the NIST, trying to get stronger on that aspect of 9/11. Really impressed with the wealth of information available here at JREF. Lots of reading to do!

As my friend sivazh here likes to say, arguing with a CTist is like trying to teach a ham sandwich how to play chess.
USAFMXOfficer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2007, 06:22 PM   #384
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by USAFMXOfficer View Post
As my friend sivazh here likes to say, arguing with a CTist is like trying to teach a ham sandwich how to play chess.
Hey now!

I'll have you know the average troother can beat a ham sandwich at chess two out of three tries!

Old 12th October 2007, 07:20 PM   #385
Calcas
Graduate Poster

- Currently Lieutenant Colonel, selected for promotion to full Colonel (should be in March 2008)
- 17 years experience in Aircraft Maintenance. Supervised maintenance on F-15, KC-135, RC-135, and KC-10 aircraft
- States/countries visited or stationed in: Illinois, Nebraska, New Jersey, Virginia, Texas, Pennsylvania, Okinawa Japan, Tokyo japan, Singapore, Thailand, China (Hong Kong), South Korea, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Italy, Germany, England

I got interested in debunking 9/11 conspiracies about 2 years ago. Started on the IMDB forums for the World Trade Center Movie (still post there) and Loose Change. My strongest areas of expertise are on the flight profiles of Flights 11, 93, 77 and 175, plus accident investigation techniques. Still reading the NIST, trying to get stronger on that aspect of 9/11. Really impressed with the wealth of information available here at JREF. Lots of reading to do!

Welcome!

That's a hell of a resume my friend.

You can find tons of links to anything related to debunking 9/11 here. An easy way to start is to click on the sig under any post by Gravy. (He has a sticky at the top of this forum.)

But beware, once you start down that road you can find a days worth of reading.

And, thanks for your Service!
Calcas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2007, 10:11 PM   #386
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Wiseass and all around nuisance, but not afraid to get information straight from the source.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2007, 06:24 PM   #387
8den
Graduate Poster

Just to support Calcas, sweet baby Jesus there's a career. Man you've packed in five lifetimes experience into one! Looking forward to your input.
8den is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2007, 12:43 PM   #388
grmcdorman
Graduate Poster

Updated lists on the way!

I'm putting together an updated credential list (using the fancy format). I'm also going to post the military credentials table (originally here) since it seems to be better to have both in one place.

There are a few people in the "non-military" list who have military credentials; I've only added USAFMXOfficer from here to the military list, since she/he posted fairly complete military credentials (and is still serving).

Enjoy.
grmcdorman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2007, 01:01 PM   #389
grmcdorman
Graduate Poster

116 individuals:

60hzxtl
  1. film maker. I make documentary films for a living and have the awards to prove it. I've been employed by Nova, Frontine, National Geographic, Discovery, BBC, ARD, the 3 major US networks.
8den
  1. BA film production/operations
  2. Assistant film editor
A_W_Smith
  1. Construction Contractor - 21 years
Aggle-rithm
  1. AAS, Computer Information Systems
  2. BS, Computer Science.
Alt+F4
  1. BA - Fine Arts
  2. MSc - Education
  3. 8 years in film/television production
  4. 14 years (and counting) as a high school Social Studies teacher, NYC Dept. of Education
  5. Eyewitness to UA175 hitting the south tower.
  6. Brother-in-law (FDNY firefighter) was at ground zero for six months begining on 9/11.
Anti-Sophist
  1. BS Electrical Engineering
  2. BS Computer Engineering
  3. MS Electrical & Computer Engineering (Robotics, Computer Vision, Digital Signal Processing)
  4. Worked for the USAF doing instrumentation and data acquisition.
  5. Work for a startup research company in Pittsburgh doing computer vision.
Apathoid
  1. Avionics technician for a major airline; worked 767 overhaul for 3 years.
  2. FAA Airframe and Powerplant License
  3. FCC General Radiotelephone Operators License w/ Radar Endorsement
  4. A.O.S., Advanced Electronics Technology
  5. 767 Airframe/Systems/Avionics School (767 Autopilot/Autoland qualified)
  6. Military Intelligence Corps;
  7. Electronic Warfare Technician, US Army (Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance)
Architect
  1. Bachelor of Science (Upper Second Division) in Architectural Studies, with elective subjects including structural engineering.
  2. postgraduate Bachelor of Architecture.
  3. passed my RIBA Part III test of professional competence in 1993, following my second year of practical experience, and therefore have been working in the field for a good 15 years now.
  4. on the UK ARB (Architects Registration Board) Register and am a chartered member of the Royal institute of British Architects (RIBA).
  5. Until a couple of months ago, I worked for Ian Simpson Architects on a variety of tall buildings projects, including the Beetham Tower in Manchester, and now work for another leading practice also specialising in tall buildings/commercial work.
  6. From 1993 to 1995 I was a civil servant (gasp horror) working on improving fire resistance, etc. on existing buildings in state care following the Windsor fire.
Arkan Wolfshade
  1. 12 credits shy of BS in Computer science
  2. 10 years working in IT (sysadmin/developer)
Arus808
  1. Web Designer
  2. video Game Programmer/Designer
B3LYP/CEP-31G(d)
  1. B.S. Chemistry (2006) and Mathematics (2006)
  • I am currently pursuing a PhD in Chemistry, particularly in molecular modeling in inorganic chemistry. I know it is quite a stretch from the large scale modeling of NIST, but with molecular modeling I can calculate the energy released during a thermite reaction.
Beachnut
  1. Electrical and Computer Engineer, BSEE
  2. Electrical Engineer, MSEE
  3. Air Force Pilot (UPT T-37, T-38)
  4. Airline Transport Pilot rating type B-707 B-720
  5. KC-135A/Q Pilot/Aircraft Commander/Instructor
  6. USAF retired (28 years)
Belz
  1. Computer Programmer
Blackadder_no
  1. MSc Aerospace Engineering
  2. Bsc - Astrophysics (in progress)
Boloboffin
  1. BA Bible studies
  2. 2 years Graduate training - Christian Theology
Brainache
  1. sound recordist, camera operator, floor manager, vision switcher and director
  2. News Director SBS TV (2000-2004)
Brainster
  1. Spreadsheet Analyst with 28 years exp in comm. Real estate field.
buka001
  1. BSc Civil Engineering - University of Cape Town (2003)
  2. 3.5 years construction experience. Built roads, numerous reinforced concrete structures, sports fields, residential developements etc.
  3. Have some design experience (+-6 months) in stormwater management systems, sewage treatment plant design and optimisation.
  • I am a keen problem solver and enjoy a challenge! I like to, without exception, look at the logical, practicle side of any situation. Once you have that in check, everything else falls into place.
Calcas
  1. ATC for both the FAA (4 years) and the USAF (4 years)
Cheap Shot
  1. ATC at Boston Center x 25 years, including working there on 9/11
  2. Airspace Specialist since 1991
  3. Military Specialist since 1995
  4. Past Aviation Ex. 4 years as a Crew Chief on RF-4s
  • My story:
  • I arrived at the military desk at 8:35 AM that morning and made over 40 phone calls to NEADS
  • Tracked AAL11 from 20 South of ALB until radar lost
  • Though I feel I performed well that day I did make several mistakes
  • One of them was advising NEADS that AAL11 was still in the air
  • Also advising that DAL1989 was a Hijack
  • I helped launch fighters from Otis, Langley, Andrews, Selfridge, Toledo, ???
  • I called NEADS about an aircraft near the White House
  • I worked on the Movie UAL93
Chipmunk Stew
  1. Mechanical Designer
  2. Computer Science Student
Chippy
  1. Bsc - Mechanical Engineering
ConspiRaider
  1. Software Engineer
  2. Screenwriter
Crungy
  1. BS in mechanical engineering. I work in HVAC design for an A/E firm. I've worked with many clients, but my main areas of expertise are in health care and telecommunications, but lately I've been working in oil refineries, water treatment and a big honkin' high rise.
Darth Rotor
  1. BSME (Passed the EIT)
  2. 25 years Navy Pilot (with ATC & ARTCC familiarity)
  3. Just under 2000 hours as flight instructor
  4. Member of FOUR aviation mishap boards (senior member in two)
  5. Qualified in Joint Air Command and Control
  6. Two masters degrees in rather unrelated fields to this matter
  7. Educated in Aircraft design, production line methods,
  • component production and materials, failure analysis/test methods
Dave Rogers
  1. PhD - Physics 20+ years expeience in semiconductors/photonics
Dave_46
  1. Higher National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering.
  2. 19 years in Fire-Resistance Testing.
  3. 15 years working in Building Research Establishment
DavidJames
  1. Senior Project Manager - Comp Services
Disbelief
  1. BS Electronic Engineering
  2. MSc Manufacturing Op.
  3. C-130 Comm/Nav at Pope AFB
  4. 11 years manufacturing Engineering work
Doubt
  1. Combat Engineer
  2. Associates Degree - Electronics
  3. BSET - Engineering Technology
EvilBiker
  1. Higher Diploma in Electronic Engineering
  2. BS (Hons) in Electrical Engineering
  3. Expertise: RF design (mainly for electronic warfare)
firecoins
  1. BA Economics (NYU)
  2. EMT (With Mass Casualty experience)
Firestone
  1. Mathematics and Software studies
fitzgibbon
  1. No flight experience but I've been in television production for 25 years, initially as a cameraman (studio and field) for 8 years (before deciding that I didn't much appreciate shooting in inclement weather) and the time since as a freelance editor. Most of what I've done has been for specialty networks (HGTV, Life, etc.) as well as a couple of documentaries. I've also cut short films, one of which was at Sundance in 2004. I think I can add to the already deep bench-strength here on video analysis. I also have a working understanding of basic metalurgy through a summer spent working for a heat-treating company and, having passed high school physics back in the day, retain enough to know that the twoofers haven't a clue about what they're talking about.
Foolmewunz
  1. Logistics Expert
  2. Witness to 2nd crash into WTCs.
GlennB
  1. BSc(Hons) 2(i) Biological Sciences
  2. PGCE Biology and P.E.
  3. 20 yrs programming, analysis, database design and DBA
Gorgnian
  1. BA Music Education
grmcdorman
  1. BA (honours) in Computer Science
  2. Senior Software Developer, medical imaging firm
  • (also with experience in compiler development, Linux/Unix system administration)
Gumboot
  1. Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts (BPSA) majoring in Film and Television, with specialisations in Production and Cinematography.
H’ethetheth
  1. Aerospace engineering student, working on my MSc thesis.
Hamradioguy
  1. Retired Health Physicist (radiological accident response and assesment)
  2. Post-graduate coursework through the University of Lowell (MA)
  3. "field of speciality" is firefighting: 42 years of firefighting experience, and have served as Chief of two departments and Training Officer for three departments.
Hellaeon
  1. 7 Years in IT (4 programming, 3 as sys admin)
Hokulele
  1. BA Astrophysics (in progress)
  2. 3 years computer programming
  3. Construction Surveyor (7 years) with mapping and project management
Horatius
  1. Masters in Physics
  2. Work in the patent office, so I can track down any devices that might have been used in any CT.
Huntsman
  1. Army Combat Medic (14 years exp.)
  2. Army Systems Administrator (3 years exp., Secret clearance, miltary level 2 system security course)
  3. AAS in Comp. Sys Tech.
  4. BSc IT
  5. Combat Engineer (explosives, heavy equipment)
  6. College courses in Elect. Engineering, Comp Sci, Physics.
Hutch
  1. Military Helicopter Sales
HyJinX
  1. MBA with an emphasis in Marketing and Consumer Behavior.
JamesB
  1. BA in Russian and East European studies
  2. MBA candidate with a concentration in finance
jberryhill
  1. Ph.d. Electrical Engineering - solid state device physics and crystal growth from molten metal solutions (yes, I have created pools of molten metal!)
  2. BS Electrical Engineering, minor physics
  • Hung up the voltmeter for a keyboard when I transitioned to intellectual property law.
jaydeehess
  1. Grad electronics technology
  2. 9 years as an electronics tech for Transport Canada working on Nav aids and Comm systems, and assisting the radar techs.
  3. 17 years in TV broadcasting as a technician
  4. 1 year university physics.
jhunter1163
  1. 15 years in Insurance Industry
JimBenArm
  1. Nuclear Trained Electrician (Navy) - 14years
  2. Instrument Tech.
  3. Communications "A" School Instructor.
JohhnyFive
  1. BS in Police Science (in the US)
  2. Study of terrorist ideology and methodology.
  3. BSc Mathematics (in progress)
  4. Insurance Underwriter
John Blonn
  1. BA (cum laude) in Chemistry
  2. Working on PhD in Science and Technology Studies
Kiwiwriter
  1. Member of the City of Newark's Homeland Security and Emergency Operations Management and Planning Committees.
kookbreaker
  1. BA - Physics (optics)
Kryptos
  1. Law Enforcement
  2. Arabic Studies (language)
lapman
  1. Computer programmer/analyst - 25 years
  2. Private Pilot - 8 years with 3 hours MD-80 simulator time
LashL
  1. Trial lawyer/Civil litigator
leftysergeant
  1. US Air Force 1966-70, AFSC 57150
  2. Fire Protection Specialist
  3. service at Wheelus Air Base, Libya 1966-68, Pope AFB, North Carolina 1968-70.
  4. Courses (college level) in arson investigations and special education.
  5. Teacher - mprovised weapons and foreign weapons
  6. US Army, PMOS 94B30, Food Service Sergeant, SMOS 51M30, Fire Protection Sergeant.
Locknar
  1. BS degrees in Computer Science and History
  2. Miniors in Math and Physics
  3. MSEE
  4. ACOT, ACSC
  • Was at "ground zero" (Pentagon) on 11 SEP 01, ~60yards from impact
Loss Leader
  1. Masters of Public Administration and a lawyer.
Lurker
  1. BS Mechanical Engineering
  2. MS Mechanical Engineering
  3. Study of stress/strain, Finite Element Analysis modeling, viscoelasticity.
maccy
  1. BA in English and Philosophy
  2. 5 Years as a Network Engineer (IT, TCP, etc..)
MaGZ
  1. BS in Political Science (yes S not A). I am a news and political junkie following national and international events since 1968 starting with the assassination of Bobby Kennedy. I am also a White Nationalist and have been following ‘The Movement’ since the early 70's. I came to the claims of 9/11 conspiracy theorists by first examining the 2001 anthrax attacks. I have attempted to read every article written on the anthrax mailings and consider myself an expert on this bio-terror attack.
Max Photon
  1. BA - Geophysics UBerk
  2. MBA - Marketing Wharton
Mercutio
  1. PhD Experimental (Social) Psychology
  2. Coursework in everything from visual perception to historiography to behaviorism.
  3. Areas of expertise include experimental design in social cognition (e.g., how to guard against confirmation bias), visual perception (including visual illusions), eyewitness reliability (and known influences on reliability)...
MG1962
  1. Experience with Building Materials
Mickky
  1. graphic artist/animator in television (major Canadian Network)
MikeW
  1. PhD Software Engineering
  2. Freelance writer
Minadin
  1. Bachelor of Architecture (that's the 5-year degree). I work as an architectural assosciate under a liscensed architect and architectural engineer.
mortimer
  1. BSc Computer Science (Minor in Mathematics)
  2. 12+ years in software development and technical support
Mr. Skinny
  1. Bachelors degree Mechanical Engineering
  2. Former fire protection engineer for an insurance mutual
  3. Licensed Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspector (Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky)
  4. Safety Engineer for a government research laboratory (last 24 years)
Mr.D
  1. BSc - Physics
  2. Msc - Physics
  3. PhD - Physics (in progress)
Myriad
  1. BA Computer Science
  2. Developed one of the first cellular 3-D computer models of fire propagation
  3. Lab technician
  4. Computer game designer / Software developer
Narveson
  1. My professional background is in defense security, primarily contractor side (20+ years). I have a background in firearms (generalized) and building trades (again, generalized with focus mostly in carpentry).
  • Due to restrictions of various NDAs, I do not wish to discuss agencies or companies I have worked with/for in the defense field.
Netwons Bit
  1. Bsc Civil Engineering (with 15 credits Structural at masters level)
  2. Architectural Engineering Work (presently)
Nick Terry
  1. BA (Hons) History - Uni London
  2. PhD History - Uni London
  3. Journalism Editing/publishing - 8 years
  4. Teacher - 4 years
NickUK
  1. BA (hon) Politics
Nim Chimpsky
  1. BS General Engineering, United States Air Force Academy
  2. US Air Force Navigator, C-141 B aircraft (8 years)
  3. Safety officer, accident investigator
  4. Extensive airline "traveler" since leaving AF, more than 300,000 miles flown for the last few years on United Airlines.
njslim
  1. BSc Computer Systems
  2. BA Liberal Arts
  3. 20 years in Fire Service
NYCEMT86
  1. Degree in Fire Science and Protection from the NYS Fire Academy & one from National Fire Academy.
  • (Microcomputer Modules 2, Introduction to Fire Science, Firefighter 1, Firefighter 2, Truck Company,
  • Operations, Basic Incident Command System, FEMA ICS 100,200,700,800, Fire Behavior and Arson Awareness,
  • Principles of Fire Investigation, Including Incendiary Devices, Principles of Building Construction,
  • Both Combustible and Non-Combustible, Introduction to Code Enforcement, Basic Code Enforcement)
  • Was an active firefighter in Upstate New York for 3.5 years.
OldTigerCub
  1. AS Computers and Electronics
  2. BS Computer Information Systems
  3. 25 Years experience as a Customer Engineer for NCR Corp.
  4. Currently do technical and consulting work for a bank security company.
  5. Served 10 years with A.C. Sheriff's Reserve unit as a uniformed deputy.
  6. I was licensed (Class A) as a skydiver many years ago, but don't do that anymore.
  7. Certified Master Scuba Diver (NAUI)
  • My particular interest in stopping hysterical nonsense stems from my having spent a lot of time at Indian Lake, right next to the shanksville area (that's where most of the skydiving took place). There were also a few great golf weekends there. I feel a certain kindred with the people that live there and have some familiarity of the lay of the land as it looks from the air. Obviously my pet peeve is troothers who make outrageous claims about Flight 93, and the disrespect they show for the families of the victims and the recovery and investigative teams that had to face and deal with the crash scene.
  • Other than that, I just enjoy watching kooks getting proved wrong everytime they open their mouths.
orphia nay
  1. 5 years State Government Geospatial Information office;
  2. 5 years (ongoing) State Government Justice Department office;
  3. Bachelor of Arts studies (University of Melbourne; Deakin University).
Oxigen
  1. B. Sc Biochemistry (or as we say in our part of the world - bullsh%$t)
  2. M.Sc ( more shi$)
  3. Ph.D (Piled higher and deeper). Completed by 1990.
  4. Currently beginning 4th yr in B.A. (Hons) in Photography.
Pardalis
  1. Storyboard artist/illustrator
parky76
  1. Bachelors Degree - Geography
  2. Construction Site Inspector
Parsman
  1. 9 O Levels, 4 Highers, 1 CSYS (Scottish High School Equivalent exams)
  2. MA (Hons) in Politics and Modern History (University of Edinburgh 1980-84)
  3. PGCSE Modern Studies and History (Scottish teaching qualification)
Peter Weaver
  1. Btec Civil Engineering (mettalurgy and welding courses included)
Phantomwolf
  1. BSc - Chemistry/Comp Sci.
Pomeroo
  1. TV Talk Show Host
progressquest
  1. Computer Engineer
Pvt1863
  2. MS Nuclear Engineering, specializing in thermal hydraulics (not completely done -- finishing my thesis while working)
  3. Less than 4 months work experience in nuclear reactor thermal hydraulics.
  4. Expertise is in heat transfer. I focused on it during my undergraduate schooling and was a TA for my undergraduate school's heat transfer course. My Master's thesis also focuses on heat transfer.
  5. Well versed in statics, dynamics, and material science. I did undergraduate research in materials, finding the material properties of new alloys.
Rahne Everson
  1. Associate Degree in Science, focus on Astronomy
  2. 2.5 years as library aide
Randy Mott
  1. Lawyer
  • I am a lawyer with 27 years of litigation experience, in civil and criminal matters. Formerly based in Washington DC and NYC.
Reality Believer
  1. BS Industrial Engineering - University of Dayton
  2. 10 years of manufacturing engineering experience at McDonnell Douglas on commercial and military aircraft assembly (MD-80 final assembly. MD-11 nose structure, C-17 center fuselage structure)
Ref
  1. International Banking
Retrograde
  1. BSc - Chemistry
  2. Quality assurance and Programming Experience
Rwguinn
  2. Registered Professional Engineer (by examiation--NSPE national Exam)
  3. 30 years structural analysis
  • Principal interests: Structural Dynamics and loads.
slyjoe
  1. BSc Elect Engineering
  2. 26+ years with NASA/DOD/NSA/NRO in Communications field
Solidslade
  1. Military - Explosives Personel
  2. working on Computer Science Degree
Sparky
  1. 13 years Fire Systems Engineering - NICET IV level.
Stateofgrace
  1. BSc Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
  2. 9 years in UK Royal Navy as an electrical engineer.
  3. 12 years as offshore engineer, working on hydraulic and high voltage systems.
stilicho
  1. CMA (Accountant)
  2. History/Philosophy major
StoneWT
  1. Radio Operator - Marines
sts60
  1. BA (yes, BA) physics (space physics concentration) and anthropology
  2. MS, electrical engineering
  3. MS, systems engineering/engineering management
  4. 15 years space engineering experience, including laboratory vacuum systems operations, flight software/firmware development, payload and satellite/Shuttle integration and test, crew training, mission simulations, satellite operations (payload controller during three STS missions); ground segment integration and test for space-based launch detection warning system, including USAF satellite control network training; ground segment software development, integration, and test, and flight control for commercial high-resolution imaging spacecraft; aerospace nuclear systems engineering.
  • As far as what's actually relevant to 9/11 issues from the above? I have nodding familiarity with materials issues and testing, but I'm not a materials or structures guy by any means. I've had a clearance or two, and experience working with NASA, DOE, and DoD types, and worked for small, medium, and large outfits, so I've got some sense of and training in how various organizations function.
  • Also, 5+ years experience firefighter/EMT-B (volunteer in large combination department), including training in incident command and building construction/collapse considerations; trained to awareness level in confined space/trench rescue, operations level in hazmat, and technician level in rope rescue and vehicle and machinery search and rescue; training in response to terrorism incidents.
T.A.M.
  1. Electronic Engineering Technology (3 year) Diploma
  2. BSc Med Science
  3. MD (Doctorate Medicine)
  4. CFPC (College of Family Physicians of Canada)
TellyKNeasuss
  1. B.A., Magna Cum Laude, Earth Science
  2. M.S., Atmospheric Science
  3. 'B' hiker rating from the Colorado Mountain Club
The Almond
  1. Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, Clemson University
  2. Masters of Science, Reinforced Concrete Design and Construction Materials, Clemson University
The Silver Shadow
  1. Biology major/Cultural Anthropology minor - UoT
TheGrunion
  1. BS Civil Engineering, Bucknell University
  2. Registered Professional Engineer
  3. professional expertise primarily is in the design, construction, operation and maintenance of highways and roadways. I have some site security expertise as well.
  4. working for a consultant engineering firm (and a couple of years as a VDOT employee). I have managed projects for VDOT, DoD, FEMA, etc.
  5. worked at the Pentagon from October 2001 until mid 2005, and was responsible for pretty much all of the exterior construction that took place there from 2002-2004.
Triangleman
  1. Insurance Accountant
tsig
  1. ASEE
  2. ASME
  3. BSET
  4. BSS
  5. Retired Electrician
unsecured Coins
  1. 13 years US Army
  2. Tank Commander
  3. Sniper
VespaGuy
  1. 5+ years experience as a structural designer for engineered building components. I worked primarily with wood trusses (floor and roof), but I also designed steel trusses, sized steel columns and beams, sized and specified engineered lumber products, hangers, nails, screws and just about any other peice of material you can think of in the building industry. I have done full engineering design on structures that range from small houses to multi-level elderly retirement complexes. I worked under a P.E. and all of my calcs were verified and sealed.
Wartac
  1. Explosive Ordinance Disposal - US Army
  2. BSc - Plastics Engineering
ZENSMACK89
  1. I'm a trained commercial artist
  2. Graduated from Kean in NJ (but not for art)
  3. I presently work in the IT field (I received additional training for this also)

Last edited by grmcdorman; 16th October 2007 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Fix LashL's entry. (2) Add jaydeehess.
Old 16th October 2007, 01:03 PM   #390
grmcdorman
Graduate Poster

Summary of JREF poster's military credentials

Changes:
  • 26-Jul-2007 Added Hal Bidlack, Nim Chimpsky, Hunstman, and Hans. Stripped down rank table.
  • 27-Jul-2007 Added ARubberChickenWithAPulley, VanillaCone, Lanzy, MortFurd, Thitical Crinker, and Darth Rotor. Converted pay grade table to two columns. Added advice to submitters.
  • 16-Oct-2007 Added Clutch, Garrette, defaultdotxbe, Digest, and USAFMXOfficer. Now posting in the "What is your 9/11 Expertise?" thread.

Note: The data in this list is not verified, and is soley based on information posted in this thread.
In other words, caveat lector.

Counts in the following table are by pay grade. Not all posters listed are members of the U.S. forces, and some that are have not provided full rank details, so the total of the counts is not equal to the number of posters listed.

This table was originally posted in a different thread; however, I felt it was probably better to post both tables in this thread.

Summary of U.S. Posters, by Pay Grade
Pay gradeCount Pay gradeCount
E-10 W-40
E-20 W-50
E-31 O-11
E-42 O-22
E-52 O-32
E-63 O-43
E-75 O-55
E-80 O-60
E-90 O-70
W-10 O-80
W-20 O-90
W-30 O-100

Note to people submitting credentials: The actual file containing all of the submitted data looks like this:
Code:
J. Random Poster
	Pay Grade: E-0
	Affiliation: United Federation of Planets, Star Fleet
	Service: 2251-2250
	Spent most of service in sick-bay.
Putting your posting in a format similar to this will make pasting it into the list easier. Leave out pay grade if it isn't applicable; put not specified if you want something else left out. (A little program I wrote takes this file and transforms it into a ready-to-post form, sorted by poster ID, including the counts.)

37 people in the list.

Alareth (Mark C. Farrington)
RankOS2
AffiliationU.S., Navy
Service1991-1999
  • Prior to making rate I served on deck as a seaman and was also crosstrained in various rates such as Radioman, Signalman and Quartermaster due to the small size of my first command, USS Recovery ARS 43.
  • As an Operations Specialist I operated various models of radar from the SPS-64 navagational radar up to the SPY-1 Phased Array that is integral to the AEGIS Combat System.
  • My last command was the Pinecastle Electronic Warfare Range in Florida, which was the only location on the east coast of the US where pilots could practice with and drop live ordinance.
apathoid
RankSP4
AffiliationU.S., Army
Service1995-1999.
  • MOS 33R/T cross-trained to 68N.
  • Worked in aviation and/with Military Intelligence Corps.
  • Aircraft worked on: OV-1 Mohawk, RC-12 Huron
  • Systems worked: GRCS, SLAR(Side-Looking Airborne Radar), OV-1 Mohawk Commo and Electronics(Avionics), and Trojan Spirit
  • Served overseas 2 years, both in the ROK [Republic of Korea].
  • Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance
  • Air Force JROTC in high school
  • Civil Air Patrol.
ARubberChickenWithAPulley
RankCaptain (O-3)
Affiliation/U.S., Army, Military Intelligence
Service2003-
  • Parachute School, Battalion S-2, Brigade S-2, Police Intelligence Officer, Plans Officer <=== don't ever do this, it is the most insanely boring (and pointless) job on the planet (plans, that is)
Beachnut
RankLt Col
AffiliationU.S., Air Force
Service1974-2002
  • Tanker Pilot KC-135
Bob Klase
RankChief Warrant Officer 4 (CW4)
AffiliationU.S., Army
Service1971-1995
  • MW4 actually, but not worth explaining, especially if you're not already familiar with warrant officer ranks.
  • Flew UH-1's, OH-6's, OH-58's from 71-84 (OH-6 in Vietnam). UH-60 (Blackhawk) from 84-95 (including the 1st Gulf War).
  • For purposes of credentials I also have a daughter who's starting her 12th year in the army. Currently SFC but just about to finish the army's Physician's Assistant school and should get commissioned as a 1LT next summer after she finishes the 'internship' (not sure that's what they call it).
Calcas
RankSgt (E-4)
ServiceVietnam era
  • 4 Years USAF as an air traffic controller. Vietnam era vet although I served my time stateside.
Cheap Shot
RankSGT (E-4)
Service1976-1980
  • 4 Years one month
  • Crew Chief on RF-4C
  • Shaw AFB, SC
Clutch (Chris Tolmasoff)
RankUT3 (SCW)
AffiliationU.S., Navy
ServiceNot specified (currently serving)
  • Currently assigned to NMCB 4 out of Port Hueneme, CA.
  • Also currently in Iraq building stuffs
Darth Rotor
RankCommander (CDR)
AffiliationU.S., Navy
Service1980-2005
  • Flew:
    • In training:
    • T-28B, TH-57, UH-1E, TH-1L (Hueys)
    • Fleet:
    • Sh-2F, SH-60B, UH-60L
    • Flight Instructor in:
    • T-34C, SH-60B
  • JPME/Jointed
  • Worked with Army a lot, with Marines even more, and the USAF more than I cared to. All said and done, good bunch, brothers in arms.
  • NATO job
  • Acquisition Job
  • Too many effing Staff Jobs.
  • Floated about and flew from:
    • CV's (Midway, Saratoga, Independence)
    • DD's (Spru Cans)
    • CG's (Aegis Class, and one Josephus Daniels Class)
    • FF's (Knox Class)
    • FFG's (Perry Class)
  • Landed on USS Missouri, BB-63. Teak decks. Sweet!
  • Campaigns and crap I was involved with:
    • Lebanon
    • Lybia
    • Ops in PI I can't talk about
    • OEF
    • OIF
    • Sharp Guard
    • Joint Endeavour/IFOR/SFOR
  • Best Liberty Port Ever: Tie between Istanbul and Hong Kong (Never got to Australia)
  • Least Favorite Port: Chinhae, South Korea (Never hit Djibouti, yay me)
  • Neatest lunch ever: With the Officers Mess of the Second Regiment of the French Foreign Legion, in an old castle, Calvi, Corsica. They had just come back from some ops in Chad.
  • I must say, it was a hell of a good run and I miss the bonds you take for granted until you leave. Still in touch with a lot of the bros. I lost more friends to aircraft accidents than to combat.
defaultdotxbe (Default D. Xbe)
RankCivilian
ServiceJune-ish, 2003
  • USAF Recruiting Station.
  • Congenital heart murmurs mean flying planes isnt exactly the best career choice.
Digest
RankSniper (?)
AffiliationIsrael (Sayeret Egoz IDF)
Service4 years
  • Served- 4years Sayeret Egoz IDF- Sniper - class in commparison to american military would be Sgt.
Doubt
RankSpec-4 (E-4) Combat Engineer; 2nd Lieutenant (O-1E) Infantry.
AffiliationU.S., Army
ServiceDecember, 1981 to December, 1985; August, 1988 to March, 1992
  • Trained at Ft. Leonard Wood. Dec-81 to March-82.
  • Stationed at Ft. Ord in A Co., 13th Engineer Battalion, 7th Infantry Division. March-82 to November-83.
  • Spent a lot of time building obstacles, mostly out of concertina and barbed wire. Occasionally did demolitions. Spent a month in Korea as part of Team Spirit '83.
  • Stationed in Bamburg, Germany. 82nd Engineer Battalion, 7th Engineer Brigade. Dec-83 to Oct-85 (Home on terminal leave after that.)
  • Trained to build many different types of obstacles and bridges. Lots more demolitions training. Our battalion was to support the 2nd ACR as the covering force for 7th corps. Most of the corps would have been behind us if WWIII had happened.
  • Round 2 (Aug-88 to March-92)
  • Michigan Army National Guard.
  • 1/225 Infantry Battalion.
  • Joined the guard and ROTC the same month. commissioned in '90 and watched most of the 100 hour ground campaign from the Gulf War from the armory with everybody else since we did not get activated. First assigned to run an Anti-armor platoon even though that is really a good job for an experienced 1st Lt. Spent my last year running a rifle platoon which is what I should have been doing in the first place. Resigned when the unit was re-organized into an ordnance battalion.
Garrette
RankLieutenant Colonel
AffiliationUnited States Army and Army Reserves
ServiceActive Duty 1984 – 1993; Reserves 1993 – Present
  • US Military Academy (West Point) 1984 (H-1 and H-2 for fellow alums who may be interested. Happy 2 has the honor of having the only mascot ever banned from Michie Stadium)
  • Branch (Specialty): Military Intelligence 1984 – 2001; PSYOP 2001 – 2003; Civil Affairs 2003 - Present
  • Positions:
    • V Corps, Airborne Reconnaissance Program Officer/HUMINT Officer
    • Battalion S-1/Adjutant (Personnel Officer)
    • Battalion Motor Officer/Platoon Leader
    • Battalion S-2 (Intelligence Officer)
    • Company Commander
    • Chief, Training Devices Acquisition Office, US Army Intelligence School, Devens
    • Brigade S-3 (Operations Officer)
    • Brigade S-2
    • Analyst, Far East
    • Battalion XO (Executive Officer)
    • National Education Officer
    • Public Safety Officer
  • Locations served (some only for short times, and not including official and unofficial jaunts to other sites like MoD, UK)
    • Korea
    • Frankfurt, Germany
    • Fort Huachuca, Arizona (twice)
    • Denver, Colorado
    • Makalapa, Honolulu, Hawaii
    • Fort Devens, Massachusetts
    • Fort Chaffee, Arkansas
    • Fort Thomas, Kentucky
    • Cincinnati, Ohio
    • Columbus, Ohio
    • Fort Polk, Louisiana (twice)
    • Riverdale, Maryland
    • Iraq (primarily Baghdad with travel over most of the country)
Hal Bidlack
RankLieutenant Colonel (O-5)
Service1981-2006
  • 25 years+ of active duty, USAF 1981-2006
  • ICBM launch officer/instructor/commander
  • Pol/Mil officer
  • inst/asst prof/assoc prof USAFA
  • military advisor, US Dept of State
  • Dep Dir, USAF Institute for National Security Studies
  • TDYs of note: Pentagon (START policy) NSC White House (twice)
  • a few other things here and there
Hans
RankMajor
AffiliationU.S., Army
Service1979-1999
  • Field Artillery with specialities in logistics, nukes and fire support. Airborne, CGSC
  • 13A
  • Forward observer Germany
  • Battalion S-2
  • Battalion S-4
  • Battalion Fire Support Officer Kansas and NTC
  • Brigade Fire Support Officer
  • Battery Commander
  • Reserve advisor West Point, New York
  • Reserve Training Officer
  • Mobilization Officer during Second Gulf War
  • Various other IRR jobs
Hornit
RankLt. Commander (O-4)
AffiliationU.S., Navy
Service1980-1989
  • Naval Aviator
  • Instructor Pilot in T-2C Buckeye, NAS Kingsville TX.
  • Fleet Experience:
  • Squadron: VA/VFA-82
  • A-7E Corsair II, F/A-18C Hornet, NAS Cecil Field FL.
  • Deployments Aboard USS Nimitz and USS America.
  • 253 Carrier Arrestments (traps)
  • Attended Naval Safety School and Fighter Weapons school.
  • Numerous other schools while active duty.
  • Nuclear delivery pilot (personell reliability program: PRP)
  • Naval Reserve doing the same thing until 1995.
Hunstman (Brister, Thaddeus B.)
RankSGT
AffiliationU.S., Army
Service1991-
  • Arkansas National Guard 1991-1994, MOS 91B-Medical Specialist
  • U.S. Army 1994-1997, MOS 91B-Medical Specialist
  • 2 years in Hanau, Germany with 5/7 ADA BN, with 6 months in Saudi Arabia the first half of 2005.
  • 1 year in Ft. Stewart, GA with the 10th CBT EN BN
  • U.S. Army Reserve 1998-2001 MOS 91B-Medical Specialist
  • 489th CBT EN BN
  • Qualified with a Secondary MOS as a 12B-Combat Engineer during this time.
  • In charge of medical seciton/Battalion Aid Station for the battalion.
  • US. Army Reserve 2002-2004 MOS 91B Medical Specialist
  • Assigned to the 90th RRC BN
  • Cross-levelled to the 489th CBT EN BN February of 2003 for deployment to Iraq.
  • Served in Iraq with Tiger Troop, 3rd Calvary; 130th Combat Engineer BN; and 82nd Airborne Div.
  • U.S. Army Reserve 2004-Present MOS 25B Computer Operator/Analyst
  • New MOS awarded based on civillian skills and education; Secondary MOS 68W (formerly 91W, formerly 91B) Health Care Specialist, tertiary MOS 21B (formerly 12B) Combat Engineer.
JimBenArm (James B. Armstrong)
RankEMC(SS)
AffiliationU.S., Navy
Service1973-1987
  • Was trained in Nuclear Power.
  • Served on the USS Pollack (SSN-603) from 75-78.
  • USS Guardfish (SSN-612) from 78-80.
  • Was an instructor at IC class A School from 1980-1983.
  • Decommisioning crew of the USS George Washington (SSBN-598) from 1983-1985.
  • USS Pogy (SSN-647) 1985, then assigned to USS McKee (AS-41).
  • Original rate was IC, in fact I made Chief as an IC.
  • Stupid Navy decided it didn't need IC's as Nukes anymore, and forced us all to convert to EM.
Lanzy
RankSergeant First Class (SFC)
AffiliationU.S., Army
ServiceNot specified
  • SFC Army BN commo Platoon Sgt.
  • Served: DIA, Pentagon
  • Pershing Missles, Ft. Sill
  • JOPS Duty expert, Yongsan, Korea
  • DCA User Center Leader
leftsergeant
RankStaff Sergeant (E-6)
AffiliationU.S., Air Force and Army
Service1966-1970 (USAF), 1977-1988 (Army)
  • USAF, 1966-70, AFSC 57150, Fire Protection Specialist. Recieved college level training in arson investigations. (Mostly for brownie points, but I figured it might come in handy. It did, occassionally.)
  • Stationed at Wheelus Air Base Libya, September 66-April 68. Pope AFB, N.C. April 68-March 70. (Not all-inclusive, but don't ask.)
  • US Army 1977-88, PMOS 94B30, Food Service Sergeant, SMOS 51M30, Fire Protection Sergeant. Stationed at Ft. Campbell, KY, 32nd ADCOM Germany, Madigan Army Medical Center, WA (serious bicycle accident put me out of action for a bit.) Camp Hovey, Korea: Ft Lewis, WA. Medically retired in 1988 as Staff Sergeant (E-6)
  • Currently work part-time in troop training at Ft Lewis.
  • Trained on every weapon I got a chance to handle, plus some explosives. Never know when you might have to grab whatever is available, theirs or yours. My unit at Ft Lewis was part of the High-Tech Test Bed program. I got to ride in the first Humvee on the post. Some of the stuff we tested I never saw again, and hope that was the end of them.
Mince
RankHM (E-4)
AffiliationU.S., Navy
Service1990-1996, 1998-2003
  • 11 years Navy.
  • 4 years as AT (Aviation Electronics Technician), 7 years as HM (0000 corpsman and 8482 Pharmacy Technician).
  • San Diego Naval Medical Center Naval Medical Clinic, Submarine Base, Groton, CT Naval Air Station, Oak Harbor, WA NSHS Portsmouth (det.), Portsmouth, VA--Pharmacy School Naval Air Station, Pensacola, FL--Aviation Electronics School NHCS Great Lakes, Great Lakes, IL--Corps School NCRD Great Lakes, Great Lakes, IL--Basic Training
  • They booted me for high-year tenure*.
  • *High-year tenure is when you get discharged from military service because you have not attained a certain rank by a certain time period. In my case it was that I did not attain E-5 by 10 years. I actually did attain E-5, but I got out of the Navy as an AT and came back as an HM. When I did that, they brought me back as an E-4 and not E-5. I only had two chances to make rank and, obviously, didn't do it. It's still an honorable discharge and they gave me $25,000 for breaking my contract. Not only that, but I am from Illinois and the state is paying 100% of my tuition; plus I am getting GI Bill. Pretty sweet.
MortFurd
RankSergeant (E-5)
Service1987-1991
Newtons Bit
RankCadet Staff Sergeant
AffiliationU.S., MCJROTC (high school)
Servicenot specified
  • Uhh, MCJROTC in high school. I achieved the rank of cadet staff sergeant! The only lasting change imprinted on me from that expierence is that I can no longer stand having long hair. And I call all men with hair longer than 3 inches hippys.
Nim Chimpsky
RankMajor
Serviceactive duty May 1987-Feb 1996; Reserves Feb 1996-Jun 2000
  • 1987 Grad, USAFA
  • C-141B Navigator
  • Lead airplane, panama invasion
  • Desert Shield, Desert Storm
  • 5 years Special Ops
  • Safety Officer
Normal Dude
RankSGT / E-5
AffiliationU.S., Army
ServiceNot specified
  • MOS 11C2P (Mortar Infantryman)
  • Units: 2/9 Infantry (Mech) in South Korea, 505th Parachute Infantry Regiment (82nd Airborne) in Fort Bragg, and 173rd Airborne in Italy.
  • Combat tours to both Afghanistan and Iraq.
  • Biggest pucker-factor moment was doing a danger close (150m) fire support mission at night, and I was an E-4 and the primary computer for FDC. Yikes!
Obviousman
RankOfficer
AffiliationAustralia, Royal Navy
Service1985-1995, 2001-
  • I'm still serving military, and in Oz we can't say too much (I even had to take my details down from schoolfriends.com.au).
  • But I'm an Officer in the Royal Australian Navy, a reservist on Continuous Full Time Service (CFTS). That's being back in service exactly like the regulars, except I'm on a fixed term contract. I did my first stint from 1985 to 1995, transferred to the Reserves, then went off to fly as a Mission Co-ordinator with Coastwatch (we're civvies who get contracted to fly the Coastwatch missions for the Customs Service, not Customs Officers). Went back to the Navy in 2001 and have been there ever since.
  • Trained as a Seaman officer (ship driver), Air Traffic Controller, Observer (aircraft navigator). Various sea and shore postings. Currently working as a staff officer in our aviation HQ operational standards section.
Pope130
RankMSGT
Service1973-1997
  • Started as a Flight Simulator Technician. Trained on T-33, T-37, T-38, F-4C and F-4E sims at Chanute. Went to Castle AFB on B-52E, F, G and H models. Kunsan Korea on the F-4D. Wright Patterson AFB Flight Dynamics Lab on instrument and display systems prototyping. Back to Castle on the B-52G/H hybrid trainers, and the KC-135A. While there became associated with the AF Museum program, working on fifty-some aircraft types. Nellis AFB on the F-16 till they went contract support. Then to PMEL, general electronics support, small arms instructor and desert survival.
  • Cross trained to C-130 Flight Engineer. Pope AFB, went to Desert Shield/Desert Storm/Desert Calm, Kurdish relief in Northern Iraq, the Former Yugoslavia, Horn of Africa, Haiti, Central America, 50th Anniversary D-Day Drop and a batch of other places. 87 countries total. I can highly recommend this travel plan. You not only get to see all the places you want to see, you also see the places you don't want to see. To all of you born in first world countries, consider yourselves very lucky.
Ranb
RankMM1 (E-6), machinist mate first class
AffiliationU.S., Navy
Service1983-2003 (Nuke 3356/3366)
  • USS Tautog SSN 639 84-87 Westpac, so much fun in PI I got married.
  • ELT School
  • USS Jacksonville SSN 699 87-89 Shock Trials (explode bombs next to hull) LELT
  • PH IMF Hawaii R-5 89-92 RCM/RCSS
  • USS Wm H Bates SSN 680 WestPac 92-95 EWS/LELT
  • USS Cavalla SSN 684 WestPac 95-97 LELT
  • LMDU 16 months of hell on a busted leg / 7 surgeries, got a divorce.
  • Bangor IMF CIF 99-01
  • RCT LIMDU Bangor IMF 01-03, then 4 months of slack time as NEC 0000 then Permanent Disabled List (retired)
Reheat
RankLt Col
Service1967-1988
  • Experience - Trainers and Fighter Bombers
Sabrina
Rank1LT
AffiliationU.S., Army
Service2001-
  • I started out as a launcher platoon leader for an Air Defense Artillery brigade and moved on to being the battalion S2 (intelligence officer, for those who don't speak military) after a year, as I was the seniormost officer in my battalion branch detailed from Military Intelligence at the time and my battalion commander absolutely RULED at letting officers try positions they desperately wanted to try. I also spent time as the Special Projects Officer and the Brigade Public Affairs Officer before leaving active duty. Oh, and while I was on active duty, I went to Bahrain where I sustained the injury that allows me to claim the title disabled veteran. It wasn't in combat; I was just lifting stuff that was too heavy for me and badly misaligned my spine, but I now suffer degenerative disc disease as a result.
  • Currently I'm in the reserves, serving as my unit's Tactical Intelligence Officer. In my civilian job I work for a consulting firm on a contract for TSA's Office of Intelligence, and I'm having a blast at it.
stateofgrace
RankPetty Officer, Weapons Electrical Mechanic
AffiliationU.K., Royal Navy
Service1977-1986
  • Weapons Engineer, Submariner, P and O boats.
  • Served onboard HMSM Porpoise, Ocelot, Oracle and Oberon.
  • I used to know , but due to age and the fog of time, a great deal about submarine weapons systems which were the duel pressure firing system. Weapons I worked on on include Mark 8 anti ship torpedos, Mark 24 anti submarine torpedos and was involved in stingray trials.
  • Received two good conduct medals and left with the rank of Petty Officer, Weapons Electrical Mechanic.
  • That's about it , oh I went down to the Falklands.
Thitical Crinker
RankElectronics Technician (ET2)
AffiliationU.S., Navy
Service1982-1988
  • 1982: Boot camp
  • '82-'84: Various electronics schools in San Diego and Great Lakes
  • '84-'86: Naval Air Station Fallon, Nevada
  • '86-'88: Guam
  • Six years in the Navy and NEVER stepped foot on a boat.
Unsecured Coins (Jaye Powers)
RankSGT
AffiliationU.S., Army
Service1994-
  • Started out in the Reserves as a supply puke. Since the great state of florida lost part of my transcripts from NC I had to redo my senior year, thus when I graduated in 1996 I was the only AIT trained soldier to graduate that night. Woo hoo.
  • After 9 months in the Balkans I went AD in 1998, hooking up as a 19K, Armor Crewmember. I still hold the record for most ridiculously impossible AGTS kill when I popped a BRDM-2 from over 4,600 meters away.
  • Average Table 8 score - 942
  • Trained in every weapon I can get my hands on. Qualified sniper.
  • Currently (surprise!!) a recruiter in North Carolina
USAFMXOfficer
RankLieutenant Colonel
AffiliationUS, Air Force
Service22+ years, through present
  • BS, Aerospace Engineering
  • MS, Aeronautical Science - Several classes in Aviation Accident Investigation
  • Masters of Strategic Studies - Several classes in critical thinking
  • 22+ years experience, US Air Force
  • Currently Lieutenant Colonel, selected for promotion to full Colonel (should be in March 2008)
  • 17 years experience in Aircraft Maintenance. Supervised maintenance on F-15, KC-135, RC-135, and KC-10 aircraft
  • 5 years experience in Air Force Supply and Transportation
  • 2-time Squadron Commander
  • Staff Officer at Air Combat Command Headquarters, Langley AFB VA
  • Graduated from US Army War College (yes they send Air Force guys there)
  • States/countries visited or stationed in: Illinois, Nebraska, New Jersey, Virginia, Texas, Pennsylvania, Okinawa Japan, Tokyo japan, Singapore, Thailand, China (Hong Kong), South Korea, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Italy, Germany, England
  • I got interested in debunking 9/11 conspiracies about 2 years ago. Started on the IMDB forums for the World Trade Center Movie (still post there) and Loose Change. My strongest areas of expertise are on the flight profiles of Flights 11, 93, 77 and 175, plus accident investigation techniques. Still reading the NIST, trying to get stronger on that aspect of 9/11. Really impressed with the wealth of information available here at JREF. Lots of reading to do!
VanillaCone
RankSpecialist (SP4)
AffiliationU.S., Army
Service1991-1995
  • 98G Arabic linguist/analyst
  • Top Secret security clearance
  • Tour: National Security Agency, Fort Meade, MD
Vincent Vega
RankCaptain
AffiliationU.S., Army National Guard
ServiceNot specified, currently serving
  • Parachute school
  • Armor School (Tank Platoon leader)
  • Artillery battery commander (SP 155mm)
  • Currently an operations officer (Full Time) for the fires battalion (105mm towed) of an Infantry Brigade Combat Team.
Z
RankAl - Spc (in current terms, SP4)
AffiliationU.S., Army Field Artillery, 13P
Service1990-2001
  • in active duty and the Nat'l Guard. Best MLRS FDC computer operator of my time. I once ran our battery fire control out of the back of a Hummer with nothing but a map board, flashlight, and two radios for four days in Korea as an E-3, and had the best fire rate in the battalion. Duty stations were Ft. Sill, Ft. Bragg, and Camp Essayons, Korea, but also spent some time at 29 Palms, Ft. Benning, White Sands, and a host of other locations. Also did a tour of Robin Sage - that rocked. Field-tested the FDDM and the AFATDS during the end of my tour. But I never got a chance to go to promotion board - because Sgts don't operate the fire direction systems once they're Sgts. I don't mind though - they paid me $14 grand when I left.
  • Also, only person in my battalion certified on EVERY piece of communications and computer hardware and software (which hurt them badly when I left); qualified on personal and crew weapons as well as the Automatic Grenade Launcher. What a weapon! And somehow served all those years and never once drove a stick-shift...
Old 16th October 2007, 01:05 PM   #391
grmcdorman
Graduate Poster

That's it; enjoy. If there are errors or omissions, let me know (likewise, if someone wants to be moved between the two lists).

I note there are a few duplications between the two lists - at least Beachnut, and possibly others. I haven't bothered to track them down yet, especially since the two lists don't contain the same information.
Old 16th October 2007, 01:44 PM   #392
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Excellent job. Thanks a bunch for putting it together like this.

TAM
Old 16th October 2007, 01:51 PM   #393
Architect
Chief Punkah Wallah

FWIW, and I appreciate that the more cynical will assume I've made this up, but I'm part of the team that have just designed this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5019Gravity_pic3.jpg (68.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 5019Gravity_pic2.jpg (60.7 KB, 3 views)

James Keir Hardie (1856 - 1915): Politician, Founder of Scottish Labour Party
Architect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2007, 02:15 PM   #394
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

the one on the right...is that a remake of the leaning tower of Pisa??

J/K

TAM
Old 16th October 2007, 02:29 PM   #395
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by grmcdorman View Post
That's it; enjoy. If there are errors or omissions, let me know (likewise, if someone wants to be moved between the two lists).

I note there are a few duplications between the two lists - at least Beachnut, and possibly others. I haven't bothered to track them down yet, especially since the two lists don't contain the same information.
missed me

post 296
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2007, 02:37 PM   #396
grmcdorman
Graduate Poster

Sorry about that; fixed it. Must have been because it's right after the last previous list.
Old 16th October 2007, 03:00 PM   #397
Bell
Penultimate Amazing

Does 'derailer of threads' constitute to something?
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2007, 03:13 PM   #398
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

<snip>
I got interested in debunking 9/11 conspiracies about 2 years ago. Started on the IMDB forums for the World Trade Center Movie (still post there) and Loose Change.
<snip>
Ah, you lived through the LCFers spammer the Flight 93 forums and such, bringing them down completely at one point.
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2007, 03:29 PM   #399
Architect
Chief Punkah Wallah

the one on the right...is that a remake of the leaning tower of Pisa??

J/K

TAM

I'm not convinced about those balconies, mind. Thus the two alternatives.

James Keir Hardie (1856 - 1915): Politician, Founder of Scottish Labour Party
Architect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2007, 05:05 PM   #400
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by Architect View Post
FWIW, and I appreciate that the more cynical will assume I've made this up, but I'm part of the team that have just designed this:
Wow, that one on the right...it's amazing what they're doing with Lego these days!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories