IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Old 10th May 2009, 02:47 PM   #1
Cainkane1
Philosopher

Why would bigfoot hide from huamns?

Bears don't, deer don't, other species don't so why should they? Primates such as gorillas and chimpanzees don''t. Ant who has been to Florida on a cruise can see the relatives of monkeys used in tarzan movies actually make it a point to come into contact with humans. There was an escaped Orangatang in Florida that seemed relieved when it was recaptured . Sasquatch would be taken care of actually. Food, veternary care and such. If it is a hominid it might even be able to vote. Kidding. I think that the fact that Omra is never seen and the videos of it are obvious fakes that this is proof of its non existence.
Old 10th May 2009, 02:48 PM   #2
Soapy Sam
Penultimate Amazing

Huamns are SKARIE!
Soapy Sam is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2009, 02:49 PM   #3
realpaladin
Master Poster

Ever tried to find a Royal Bengali Tiger in Sunderban? They are harder to find than Bigfoot (according to all the home-video's that is )
realpaladin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2009, 02:53 PM   #4
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Isn't it supposed to be spelled "Houyhnhnms"?

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2009, 02:54 PM   #5
realpaladin
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
I guess that depends from which side you peel your eggs...
realpaladin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2009, 02:55 PM   #6
Cainkane1
Philosopher

Human sorry.
Old 10th May 2009, 02:55 PM   #7
paximperium
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Soapy Sam View Post
Huamns are SKARIE!
I just saw one...and another.
Old 10th May 2009, 02:56 PM   #8
paximperium
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cainkane1 View Post
Human sorry.
Huamn angry.
Old 10th May 2009, 03:02 PM   #9
Soapy Sam
Penultimate Amazing

Huamn is a homonym of Houyhnhnm.

Sorry Cain- as proud owner of a wifi keyboard that regularly generates styff loke thos, I should be more tolerant, but it has been a quiet night.
Soapy Sam is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2009, 03:44 PM   #10
foxholeatheist
Graduate Poster

Can we please vote on this?

I am so in favor of Bigfoot.
foxholeatheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2009, 03:59 PM   #11
ServiceSoon
Graduate Poster

Bigfoot knows what we would do to him if we caught him...and his lady.
ServiceSoon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2009, 04:04 PM   #12
plumjam
Banned

I can now, reluctantly, reveal that I am Bigfoot. It shouldn't be too hard to work out why I choose to communicate with you humans only via the JREF forum, and the occasional email.
plumjam is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2009, 04:45 PM   #13
Gilmar
Muse

Because Bigfeet know they are tasty. They are related to Ateles saporis:
http://www.theonion.com/content/news...ies_discovered
Gilmar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2009, 04:59 PM   #14
makaya325
Banned

Bears don't, deer don't, other species don't so why should they? Primates such as gorillas and chimpanzees don''t. Ant who has been to Florida on a cruise can see the relatives of monkeys used in tarzan movies actually make it a point to come into contact with humans. There was an escaped Orangatang in Florida that seemed relieved when it was recaptured . Sasquatch would be taken care of actually. Food, veternary care and such. If it is a hominid it might even be able to vote. Kidding. I think that the fact that Omra is never seen and the videos of it are obvious fakes that this is proof of its non existence.
It is kind of obvious Cain. Even the Rarest animals on earth, from Snow Leopards to the Sumatran Rhino, have been tagged and videotaped in incredibly remote areas hard to access. Sasquatch, however, lives in one of the most populated countries in the world, yet is NEVER videotaped, or manages a way to leave no dent on the ecosystem, because he's not real.
makaya325 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2009, 05:02 PM   #15
Nyarlathotep
Philosopher

Because he's delicious and he knows it.
Old 10th May 2009, 09:27 PM   #16
xblade
Critical Thinker

Bigfoot is a brilliant elitist, and is offended and sickened by the unintelligent by comparison human race.
xblade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2009, 11:15 PM   #17
Uncayimmy
Banned

I've posted this before, but it bears repeating.

The reason they remain hidden has to do with the fact that bigfoot beasts lay eggs and carry their young in pouches.

Why don't we see more them? Because they spend so much time squatting on their eggs. So, while they are tall, they spend lots of time squatting (hence the name saSQUATch.

Why are the footprints so unusual? Fallen arches from squatting.

Why are they so big? They have dinosaur DNA. Some posit that dinosaurs were warm blooded. Clearly they laid eggs. We already have marsupials. Bigfoot as an egg-laying giant marsupial is not without precedent.

Why don't we ever catch one? Their very survival depends on hiding extremely well during their long periods of squatting. Fits right in with evolution, or don't you believe in that?

Why don't we ever see a baby bigfoot? Two words: Pouches.

Why the strange way of walking? Again, pouches, sometimes with their young in them.

Why do they look like they are wearing suits? Pouches.

Why do the mournful howls? Wouldn't you if you had to spend so much time squatting on fallen arches?

Why the foul smell? No time for bathing with all the squatting. Reproduction trumps cleanliness every time.

Why no hair samples? They collect fallen hair for warming the eggs and creating soft places in the pouches.

Moccam's Razor, baby!
Uncayimmy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 07:22 AM   #18
Crowlogic
Graduate Poster

Bigfoot avoids humans? Because to him we smell bad, look worse; carry weapons with a propensity to pretty much antagonize every living thing on the planet. Why to most animals have a fear of humans? The animals listed in the beginning of this thread are in the minority. Bigfoot hides/avoids humans because it knows perhaps what happened to the Dodo, Passenger pigeon and American Buffalo. I've been in the woods apparently alone only to hide or make myself unavailable to humans I encountered. This thread is mentally challenged.

Last edited by Crowlogic; 11th May 2009 at 07:25 AM.
Crowlogic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 07:35 AM   #19
quarky
Banned

The animals you've listed do try to avoid humans, unless they are nearly domesticated. The monkeys on the silver river in Fl., escaped from domesticity. (Actually, they were simply left behind) Now they approach humans for food.
Big foot doesn't need people for anything, so it tends to hide harder.
quarky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 07:56 AM   #20
Starthinker
Philosopher

Eric's been gone for a while so I shall channel him.

Being interdimensional beings they are only here for short periods as a vacation from their own dimension. Who wants to be bothered on vacation? Also, with their powers to quantumly locate humans and especially humans with cameras, cell phones with cameras, or sketch artists it's so easy to avoid humans as it doesn't even take an effort, so it's no big deal. Except blond women, they will hide and watch anyone woman with long blond hair but we're not sure why.
Starthinker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 07:57 AM   #21
Denver
Penultimate Amazing

What about the invisible bigfoots? How do you know they avoid humans?
Denver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 10:42 AM   #22
Biscuit
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Crowlogic View Post
Bigfoot avoids humans? Because to him we smell bad, look worse; carry weapons with a propensity to pretty much antagonize every living thing on the planet. Why to most animals have a fear of humans? The animals listed in the beginning of this thread are in the minority. Bigfoot hides/avoids humans because it knows perhaps what happened to the Dodo, Passenger pigeon and American Buffalo. I've been in the woods apparently alone only to hide or make myself unavailable to humans I encountered. This thread is mentally challenged.

Perhaps bigfoot is also familiar with the thousands of other animals that are doing just fine despite their daily interactions with human? Perhaps bigfoot is familiar with operations to bring back the Mexican grey wolf or Jaguars to the american southwest? Perhaps the bigfoot sit around at night and discuss the millions of acres mankind has set aside around the world in order to protect and preserve species of all types? Perhaps there is a power struggle within bigfoot society with some preaching isolationism and other wanting to have their own mankind protected animal preserve in the PNW?

Perhaps bigfoot isn't real? I agree this thread is mentally challenged.
Old 11th May 2009, 11:17 AM   #23
GT/CS
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Crowlogic View Post
Interesting.
Old 12th May 2009, 12:06 AM   #24
Miss_Kitt
Illuminator

Bigfoot hides from humans because he can! Look, if you had the chance to make a bunch of hikers, rednecks, campers, scouts or tripped-out totem-guide searchers seem like fools by walking right next to you and not knowing it, wouldn't you do it? Those "guttural screams" are actually sassquatch laughter!
Miss_Kitt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 10:48 AM   #25
Dr Adequate
Banned

Back in the Stone Age their species challenged ours to a game of hide-and-seek.

If we ever find Bigfoot, it'll be our turn to hide.
Dr Adequate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 12:26 PM   #26
makaya325
Banned

What kind of animal would spend its whole life trying to avoid humans? REAL animals do avoid humans, but spend their time reproducing, eating, playing, and protecting, yet they are still found. Sasquatch displays none of those.
makaya325 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 03:30 PM   #27
JcR
Banned

Originally Posted by Dr Adequate View Post
Back in the Stone Age their species challenged ours to a game of hide-and-seek.

If we ever find Bigfoot, it'll be our turn to hide.
We can hide in our Cities. Bigfoot will never find us
JcR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2009, 08:04 AM   #28
Autolite
Graduate Poster

Bigfoot isn't hiding from humans. He is just keeping a low profile from Revenue Canada...
Old 13th May 2009, 08:12 AM   #29
TraneWreck
Philosopher

http://www.gallaghersmash.com/pictures.shtml
TraneWreck is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2009, 06:14 PM   #30
southernyahoo
Scholar

It can sound that way coming from a horses mouth.

SY.
southernyahoo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2009, 02:41 PM   #31
SlayerofCliffracers
Thinker

Perhaps because Bigfoot doesn't exist?

Or if Bigfoot exists he's more like a supernatural bieng than a natural flesh and blood one.
Old 15th May 2009, 03:08 PM   #32
BPSCG
Penultimate Amazing

Every time anyone is about to get a good video of one, in swoop the UFO aliens with their anal probes and abduction equipment.
BPSCG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2009, 04:13 PM   #33
makaya325
Banned

This type of thread would be another Pinned thread on the BFF
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:36 PM   #34
Cainkane1
Philosopher

Originally Posted by makaya325 View Post
It is kind of obvious Cain. Even the Rarest animals on earth, from Snow Leopards to the Sumatran Rhino, have been tagged and videotaped in incredibly remote areas hard to access. Sasquatch, however, lives in one of the most populated countries in the world, yet is NEVER videotaped, or manages a way to leave no dent on the ecosystem, because he's not real.
I was actually asking this question of people who believe in Bigfoot. I myself do not.
Old 23rd June 2009, 02:46 PM   #35
makaya325
Banned

I was actually asking this question of people who believe in Bigfoot. I myself do not.
I gotcha.
Old 25th June 2009, 09:03 PM   #36
Doc Daneeka
Muse

I saw bigfoot once. It looked exactly like a black bear, but that only shows its craftiness.
Old 25th June 2009, 09:43 PM   #37
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by Soapy Sam View Post
Huamn is a homonym of Houyhnhnm.

Sorry Cain- as proud owner of a wifi keyboard that regularly generates styff loke thos, I should be more tolerant, but it has been a quiet night.
Swift intended it to be pronounced 'whinnim' after the whinnying of a horse.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2009, 12:13 AM   #38
JcR
Banned

Ya sometime ago a couple of guys named Roger and Bob caught one on film
JcR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2009, 12:57 AM   #39
manofthesea
2wu4u

Any Number of Reasons

1) To them, we stink.
2) To them, we're dirty
3) If you prefer (bigfoot) science, we're contaminous.
manofthesea is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2009, 01:04 AM   #40
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

Originally Posted by manofthesea View Post
1) To them, we stink.
2) To them, we're dirty
3) If you prefer (bigfoot) science, we're contaminous.
MOTSarella! You've been so scarce.

Going by reports, Bigfoot doesn't really hide from humans consistently. They keep coming out and screaming at us like dying ladies, chucking things at us, putting the stink on us, talking to us, etc.

BTW, I'll stick with good old regular science. How and why would Bigfoot work out in its head that humans harbour a contagious pathogen and avoid us at all costs accordingly? it's not like we have evidence of Bigfoot keeling over dead from small pox and the like.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal