IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 13th July 2009, 11:03 PM   #1
Robster, FCD
Critical Thinker

Images in rice paddies

Since humans couldn't possibly produce complex images in crops, images viewable only from above. Obviously, aliens are beginning to learn how to communicate with humans, choosing images of conquerors to inform us of their intent.

Actually, I just thought that these were beautiful, and a perfect example of cereal art produced by our fellow humans.

If Allopathy is modern medicine, I would say Homoeopathy is post-modern medicine. -- "Dr." Nancy Malik
Robster, FCD is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2009, 05:56 AM   #2
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Robster, FCD View Post
Since humans couldn't possibly produce complex images in crops, images viewable only from above. Obviously, aliens are beginning to learn how to communicate with humans, choosing images of conquerors to inform us of their intent.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...pictureid=1319
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...pictureid=1318
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...pictureid=1317
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...pictureid=1320

Actually, I just thought that these were beautiful, and a perfect example of cereal art produced by our fellow humans.
And created by planting different coloured rice plants. AND they do it from seedling. Here is a YouTube vid of the paddy fields showing the image emerge as the plants grow.

A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Ignorance is a renewable resource" P.J.O'Rourke
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2009, 08:47 AM   #3
Aepervius
Non credunt, semper verificare

The crop circle nut set aside, let us be hinest here, on their own, those image are incredible ! Thanks for posting it !
Aepervius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2009, 06:50 PM   #4
Agent : Orange
Thinker

That's awesome! I had never heard of this being done before. Thanks for the link to the vid too... very cool!
Old 14th July 2009, 07:20 PM   #5
Robster, FCD
Critical Thinker

I think my favorite, simply because it shows that the artists don't take themselves too seriously is the cartoon bear at the top of the fourth pic.

If Allopathy is modern medicine, I would say Homoeopathy is post-modern medicine. -- "Dr." Nancy Malik
Robster, FCD is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2009, 07:59 PM   #6
TjW
Penultimate Amazing

Well, this was done in the medium of lawnmower on grass, but it has an obvious audience.
TjW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2009, 09:38 AM   #7
Starthinker
Philosopher

I don't know, they're a little grainy...
Starthinker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2009, 11:34 AM   #8
Miss_Kitt
Illuminator

^ ^ ^
| | |
Barump - Tccchhhhk!

sigh

Last edited by Miss_Kitt; 15th July 2009 at 11:35 AM.
Miss_Kitt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2009, 12:34 PM   #9
catbasket
Graduate Poster

I hadn't seen anything like those before, thanks for posting

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
And created by planting different coloured rice plants. AND they do it from seedling. Here is a YouTube vid of the paddy fields showing the image emerge as the plants grow.
... and thanks for that too!
catbasket is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2009, 12:43 PM   #10
Ferguson
Muse

Doraemon!

Good to know ETs can appreciate Japanese children's cartoons.

(Oh and he's a cat not a bear)
Ferguson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2009, 02:42 AM   #11
Starthinker
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Miss_Kitt View Post
^ ^ ^
| | |
Barump - Tccchhhhk!

sigh
And not even a nom! I try so hard.
Starthinker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal