IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Old 6th February 2009, 06:01 PM   #121
Blackdog
Critical Thinker

You might be thinking of Morgoth or Wolftrax, it wasn't Volsquatch.

I'm not sure how many folks (even among the hard core BF believers) think this video has any validity at all.

Of course Noll holds on to it tightly but he's already in way too deep to back off.

Then there's Sweaty....Hmmm maybe Joyce was there too.
Blackdog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2009, 08:00 PM   #122
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

I'll have to correct that when I have time to check.. Morgoth sounds right...
Sorry for not checking..

Last edited by Skeptical Greg; 6th February 2009 at 08:01 PM.
Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2009, 08:09 PM   #123
SweatyYeti
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post

Just take it to the MDF thread - and don't forget to include the audio, which clearly shows no one at the time, seriously thought they were looking at a Bigfoot.

Except for one of the kids, who said....."I'm freaked."

Actually.....in the real world (as opposed to Greg's make-believe world)......Owen and Lori Pate also thought it was a real, live Bigfoot.

In addition to the fact that Owen plainly stated he saw a Bigfoot.......the reason why I know (beyond a shadow of a doubt) that the Pates at least thought they were seeing a Bigfoot (and were not involved in a hoax), is because, since the sighting/videotaping...Lori's father, Larry, has become very interested in Bigfoot...even joining a Bigfoot discussion board.
In addition to that...in response to an email of mine...he sent me a lengthy, and informative email about the event.

I'll post some of it here, later.

It's safe to say that Lori wasn't hoaxing her own father, in telling him what they saw.

In light of that, Owen's, Lori's and Tom's testimonies carry much more weight, concerning the honesty of their statements. While it's possible they were hoaxed....it's a certain thing that they weren't doing any hoaxing that day.

Quote:
Not a word from Owen Pate about a Bigfoot...

Sorry, Greg....but Owen's testimony about what he saw, up close, is right at the start of the LMS documentary.

Sometimes.....the truth sucks.

Quote:
Start a new thread Sweaty, and we can show Volsquatch's excellent enhancements done with the best state-of-the-art software, instead of your blowups of the LMS crap ..

I'll be starting a thread on the Mid-America Board, to discuss any potential explanations for what the video shows.....to see if they can account for ALL of the details which surround the video.......including the eyewitness testimonies, the lifted object, the subject, and, in the aftermath of the event...Larry's strong interest in Bigfoot.

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."

Last edited by SweatyYeti; 6th February 2009 at 08:13 PM.
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2009, 08:33 PM   #124
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

I'll have to correct that when I have time to check.. Morgoth sounds right...
Sorry for not checking..
It's Morgoth. I love the MDF and FF. These are where Sweaty shines. You have one crap video from an admitted hoaxer and another crap video taken in front of over a hundred campers of a small figure that could easily be a hoax. In both cases Sweaty's envisioning baby lifting and drawing gobbledy-gook all over the place.

Good ol' Sweaty.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2009, 08:39 PM   #125
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by SweatyYeti View Post
Except for one of the kids, who said....."I'm freaked."
Kids tend to know the differences between beasts, fakes, and visual mistakes. This is why Hollywood horror films generally do not scare them.
Old 6th February 2009, 08:43 PM   #126
kitakaze

That kid's "I'm freaked" came out feeling more like "I'm stoked." He sounded like he was in the same goofy mood everyone else was in.

kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2009, 09:06 PM   #127
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

I wanna say that my favorite genuine Boss of the Woods footage (besides the PGF) is the Bigfoot Granny Carrying Some Sod on her Back aka "Ohio Grassman" aka "Bigfoot Sod Granny". 24,000+ views can't be wrong. A BFF member weighs in and it reminds me of the MDF...

Originally Posted by vilnoori on BFF
I can sort of see a baby sitting on the shoulder turn a head, but then I have a great imagination! And I do have a bad case of wishful thinking...
It has everything you could want including an oval alien artifact.
Old 7th February 2009, 08:46 AM   #128
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Quote:
Sorry, Greg....but Owen's testimony about what he saw, up close, is right at the start of the LMS documentary.
Yeah, riiiiight..
Six years later, after lots of coaching from Noll..

Owen cannot be heard saying anything about a Bigfoot when the video is being shot...
Old 7th February 2009, 08:52 AM   #129
kitakaze

Idiots! WTF is the matter with these people? Mini-BF will every now and again transport baby BF's in front of over a hundred people and we can't get a type specimen?
Edited by LibraryLady:  Edited for civility
C'mon!

Mod WarningLet's keep the tone civil, please.
Responding to this modbox in thread will be off topic Posted By:LibraryLady

Last edited by LibraryLady; 7th February 2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 7th February 2009, 09:27 AM   #130
SweatyYeti
Master Poster

Owen cannot be heard saying anything about a Bigfoot when the video is being shot...

So what?

I find it interesting that you failed to provide any explanation to account for any of the things I mentioned in my earlier post.

Perhaps you have none ..

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2009, 11:02 AM   #131
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

None of the things you mentioned require any explanation..

What requires explanation, is a 7 foot ( ... sometimes 5' 6" , as in the MDF ) 500 lb. hairy biped, that numbers in the hundreds or maybe thousands, and yet leaves no verifiable evidence of it's existence.
Old 7th February 2009, 12:24 PM   #132
SweatyYeti
Master Poster

Do you know, with 100% certainty, what the subject of the MD Video is?

Old 7th February 2009, 01:23 PM   #133
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

No. But non-human North American primate is so far down the list it doesn't even register..

Martian civilizations are more likely..

Your Point ?
Old 7th February 2009, 02:05 PM   #134
SweatyYeti
Master Poster

No.

Thank you, Greg.

The fact of the matter is....nobody knows for sure (except possibly Owen Pate, since he had a close-up view of it) whether the MD Video subject is a Bigfoot, or a guy-in-a-suit........neither you, nor I, nor a whole lot of other people.

Consequently.....your statement...

Quote:
Diogenes wrote:

....is pointless, and meaningless.

I'll continue to analyse the video, on the Mid-America Board. Hopefully without your worthless input.

Old 7th February 2009, 02:41 PM   #135
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster

I'll continue to analyse the video, on the Mid-America Board. Hopefully without your worthless input.
I'm sure that will result in a ground breaking scientific discovery.

When you get done with that, I know where theres a big elk lay for you analyze.
LONGTABBER PE is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2009, 03:20 PM   #136
SweatyYeti
Master Poster

Originally Posted by LONGTABBER PE View Post
I'm sure that will result in a ground breaking scientific discovery.

When you get done with that, I know where theres a big elk lay for you analyze.

There are people who have a serious interest in the video.....and any honest analysis that can be done with it. "Me" is one of them.

Analysis doesn't need to result in 'proof'....simply determining what is 'most likely' can suffice.

Have a great weekend, Longtabber!

Old 7th February 2009, 03:22 PM   #137
Blackdog
Critical Thinker

Sweaty you're unbelievable, according to Lori Pate's father (you remember him, the guy you just used a few posts up as a reliable source?) the BF Owen Pate claimed he saw was not the subject in the video.

Here is what I posted earlier in this very thread.
I doubt you'll go back and read it but whatdaheck.

If anyone is interested in a good laugh, try and follow some of the circular logic posted by Noll and Melissa on that BFF thread. All sorts of good stuff about second hand stories being unreliable from a guy relating second hand stories.
Blackdog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2009, 07:10 PM   #138
GT/CS
Illuminator

I think I can see something that looks like a bullet impact!!!!
Old 7th February 2009, 10:22 PM   #139
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

On the baby or the mom?

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2009, 12:59 AM   #140
xblade
Critical Thinker

Do you know, with 100% certainty, what the subject of the MD Video is?
I know with 99.99% certainty what it wasn't. In bigfoot world, the other 00.01% is solid evidence for bigfoot.

Sad.....
xblade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2009, 04:31 AM   #141
I Am He
Critical Thinker

Sweaty, you said you were going to continue to analyze the video? You have the original, I presume? Oh, since I last asked about your expertise in this field, you said that you had none. Have you since taken a course? If not, prey tell how are you going to analyze it?

I Am He
Old 8th February 2009, 07:05 AM   #142
SweatyYeti
Master Poster

Originally Posted by I Am He View Post
Sweaty, you said you were going to continue to analyze the video? You have the original, I presume? Oh, since I last asked about your expertise in this field, you said that you had none. Have you since taken a course? If not, prey tell how are you going to analyze it?

I Am He

Well....there is a significant difference in size, or mass, between an infant primate and a mask......is there not?

The lifted object in the video, to me, appears to be too massive to be a simple mask, or a hood.
One way to tell which object....infant or mask....more closely resembles the lifted object....is to try making a videotape, from the same distance as Lori was from the subject, using the same type of camcorder (Larry told me the make and model number of the camcorder)....of a person dressed in a black suit against a green background (an open hillside, preferably), lifting-up a mask...and then, another video of the subject lifting-up something comparable to an infant, like a stuffed animal, and putting it onto it's shoulders.

One of those will much more closely resemble what the MD Video shows.

BTW...I do have a full unedited version of the video, with soundtrack.

Lori continued running the camcorder, for a minute or so, roughly...searching the wooded area for the subject after it disappeared from view.

Old 8th February 2009, 10:02 AM   #143
Crowlogic
Graduate Poster

I'm not exactly in the corner that the MDF is a real Sasquatch. However if its a hoax done by person/persons to fool unsuspectiong onlookers below its fails in one crucial detail. Why, why,why,why,why would a hoaxer begin to remove a costume while still within eye/camera shot of the people towards which the hoax is aimed?

If its not hoax and just a person running across a hillside then the person could have stopped in the middle of the run, dropped thier draws and mooned the crowd and it matters not at all. But that's not the case its an odd peice of video for certain. ANd remember this kids nobody has come forward to claim they were the hoax or that they were the object filmed in the MDF. So in that respect it has a leg up on the PGF, and we all know the PGF is real.
Crowlogic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2009, 10:52 AM   #144
kitakaze

Originally Posted by Crowlogic View Post
Why, why,why,why,why would a hoaxer begin to remove a costume while still within eye/camera shot of the people towards which the hoax is aimed?
Simple. They didn't they were still in view.

That's just a hoax scenario, though.

Old 8th February 2009, 12:33 PM   #145
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Quote:

So do I .

Quote:
Lori continued running the camcorder, for a minute or so, roughly...searching the wooded area for the subject after it disappeared from view.
...and never says anything about a Bigfoot ..
Old 8th February 2009, 12:47 PM   #146
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
I don't pretend to any special expertise in video analysis; in fact, I don't have any at all. That said, to my layman's eyes, it's pretty obviously a guy running, wearing a loose-fitting jacket.

Next video.
Old 8th February 2009, 01:05 PM   #147
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

It looks like there is a loose jacket thing going on - maybe even coming off. For a moment, you can see the bottoms of the baggy pants.

Old 8th February 2009, 01:38 PM   #148
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster

Any tracks or trail?

Let me guess

I went to a picnic and all I got was this lousy hoaxed BF video.
LONGTABBER PE is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2009, 01:48 PM   #149
Crowlogic
Graduate Poster

Any tracks or trail?

Let me guess

LT it beats the heck out of all I got was tic bites!
Crowlogic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2009, 01:52 PM   #150
Crowlogic
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
It looks like there is a loose jacket thing going on - maybe even coming off. For a moment, you can see the bottoms of the baggy pants.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/images/mdf_moving.gif

William I want you to know that by claiming to be able to see anything at all beyond a dark biped you have fortited any right to calim that details can't be seen in the PGF because of poor resolution.
Old 8th February 2009, 01:56 PM   #151
kitakaze

Any tracks or trail?

Let me guess

This one is great and it has tracks. Four-toed tracks.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Old 8th February 2009, 02:23 PM   #152
SweatyYeti
Master Poster

I'm not exactly in the corner that the MDF is a real Sasquatch. However if its a hoax done by person/persons to fool unsuspectiong onlookers below its fails in one crucial detail. Why, whywhy, why, why would a hoaxer begin to remove a costume while still within eye/camera shot of the people towards which the hoax is aimed?

Good question, Crow....it makes no sense for the subject to do that, if he was running across the hillside as an attempt to hoax the people down below.

The 'line of sight' runs both ways....when the subject re-appeared, so did the lake and the campers down below, from his perspective.

This is just one of the many details surrounding the event that I'll list, in the Mid-America thread, to be discussed/analysed from a standpoint of logic.

Quote:
But that's not the case its an odd peice of video for certain.

There are a few odd things in the video, and that's what sets it apart from other low-resolution "Bigfoot" videos.

Old 8th February 2009, 02:37 PM   #153
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Quote:
Good question, Crow....it makes no sense for the subject to do that, if he was running across the hillside as an attempt to hoax the people down below.

Who ever claimed it was a hoax ? ( or attempted hoax .. )

Just another question you have never answered.
Old 8th February 2009, 02:46 PM   #154
kitakaze

This is just one of the many details surrounding the event that I'll list, in the Mid-America thread, to be discussed/analysed from a standpoint of logic.
Typical Sweaty logic. The most simple logic evades you. If it was a hoax it is very easy to explain that the costume wearer simply didn't know they were still visible when the reappeared from they behind the hill for a brief moment.

Last edited by kitakaze; 8th February 2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 8th February 2009, 03:08 PM   #155
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Here is a link to the audio..

http://www.bigfootforums.com/media/M...tage_Audio.mp3

One female voice is heard to say:

" ...that's a guy with a big pack on his back too .. "

Why should we dismiss her eyewitness testimony ?

Another oddity:

Toward the end, shortly after Tom Lines supposedly saw ' long flowing hair ' through some binoculars, we hear a male voice say:

" I got the binoculars Tom .. "

Tom also says he got pictures. Tom didn't mention having a camera or taking pictures, in his testimony for LMS ..

What if Tom did take pictures, and they ruled out a Bigfoot ? That would be a very good reason why we have never seen them ..

Rick Noll ignored my questions about pictures, over at BFF ..

Last edited by Skeptical Greg; 8th February 2009 at 04:24 PM.
Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2009, 03:23 PM   #156
RayG
Master Poster

Rick Noll ignored my questions about pictures, over at BFF ..
You're lucky he didn't take his toys and go home. Oh wait...

RayG
RayG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2009, 03:51 PM   #157
xblade
Critical Thinker

William I want you to know that by claiming to be able to see anything at all beyond a dark biped you have fortited any right to calim that details can't be seen in the PGF because of poor resolution.
Nonsense. Just because details in one video can't be made out doesn't mean every other bigfoot video must also have the same lack of detail....even though most do. In other words, just because only a few disturbed individuals can see rippling muscles on Patty doesn't mean what appears to be a jacket can't be seen on the MDF footage. It's not like he said he could see the zipper on the jacket.

Whatever one "believes" is in the MDF, it sure as heck doesn't look like a bigfoot. Anyone who sees bigfoot there likely sees bigfoot in their cereal.
xblade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2009, 04:01 PM   #158
mikeyx
Banned

Well....there is a significant difference in size, or mass, between an infant primate and a mask......is there not?

The lifted object in the video, to me, appears to be too massive to be a simple mask, or a hood.
One way to tell which object....infant or mask....more closely resembles the lifted object....is to try making a videotape, from the same distance as Lori was from the subject, using the same type of camcorder (Larry told me the make and model number of the camcorder)....of a person dressed in a black suit against a green background (an open hillside, preferably), lifting-up a mask...and then, another video of the subject lifting-up something comparable to an infant, like a stuffed animal, and putting it onto it's shoulders.

One of those will much more closely resemble what the MD Video shows.

I'm astounded you still milk this subject.
mikeyx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2009, 04:14 PM   #159
GT/CS
Illuminator

HJFC, just use some common sense, Sweaty! There is no way a 300#+ biped would be able to run like that. That is a young male human, and a fairly agile one, but one who is out of shape because he starts sucking gas at the end.
Old 8th February 2009, 05:40 PM   #160
kitakaze

Oh man! That's fantastic. I am thinking of Doug Hajicek and the editors for LMS. In the beginning of LMS they show a quick cut of the MDF with Lori Pate saying "You don't see him right there?" Right before that on the Audio track you hear "Looks like a white boy to me," then "That's a guy with a big pack on his back too." I guess Doug decided that didn't quite capture the mood he was going for.

I enjoying thinking of Sweaty listening to that.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal