ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , mental illness issues , psychiatry incidents , psychiatry issues , Trump controversies

Old 22nd October 2017, 03:10 PM   #2921
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
That may have been true initially. But the original is in a museum and Trump has been told that over and over. He just blocks it out and for a decade has continued to tell people he has the original.
If only I had an accredited psychiatrist to tell me this, I might take it seriously.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2017, 06:08 PM   #2922
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

New campaign to impeach Trump "Paid for by Tom Steyer"

Megadonor Tom Steyer launches TV ad campaign for Trump impeachment
Quote:
Political mega-donor Tom Steyer is funding an eight-figure TV ad campaign to “demand that elected officials take a stand” on impeaching President Trump.

“A Republican Congress once impeached a president for far less, and today people in Congress and his own administration know that this president is a clear and present danger,” Steyer says in the ad, which directs viewers to a new NeedToImpeach website.

The TV spot will be supplemented by a seven-figure social media buy.
The ad calls Trump a "clear and present danger".

I signed the petition. All they wanted was my email address and zip code so far.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2017, 07:03 PM   #2923
carlitos
"más divertido"

I don’t see any claims about mental illness at the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2017, 07:31 PM   #2924
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Nothing wrong with a fundraiser wanting your email address and zip code.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2017, 07:43 PM   #2925
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
I don’t see any claims about mental illness at the website.
No, in the ad he focused on the clear and present danger part of the issue.

I think by now if people don't recognize this man's obsession with himself is pathologic, they are in denial.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2017, 08:01 PM   #2926
Noztradamus
Illuminator

New campaign to impeach Trump "Paid for by Tom Steyer"

Megadonor Tom Steyer launches TV ad campaign for Trump impeachment

The ad calls Trump a "clear and present danger".

I signed the petition. All they wanted was my email address and zip code so far.
Sorry. the proper time for the super rich to buy elections is during the election
Old 25th October 2017, 08:57 PM   #2927
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

"Clear and present danger." Like he's in a Tom Clancy novel.
Old 25th October 2017, 08:58 PM   #2928
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I'll believe his self regard is pathological when someone documents the clinical method that supports the diagnosis.
Old 25th October 2017, 10:19 PM   #2929
xjx388
Philosopher

The "concerned professionals" worried about Trump's "dangerous mental condition" haven't been very effective in gathering serious impeachment steam? No problem, just bring out the big guns: "concerned (and rich activist) citizens" investing throwing away $10 million to place ads about the "clear and present danger" of Trump.

This was never anything BUT a political attack -something mental health professionals should never have gotten involved in. Before you argue that Tom Steyer's ads aren't related to the OP . . . then why the heck was it posted in this thread?

I thought it was sad when the right devolved into all those Obama attacks. This is absolutely no different.
Old 25th October 2017, 10:20 PM   #2930
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Noztradamus View Post
Sorry. the proper time for the super rich to buy elections is during the election
Old 26th October 2017, 10:26 AM   #2931
carlitos
"más divertido"

No, in the ad he focused on the clear and present danger part of the issue.
Is clear and present danger a high crime or a misdemeanor?

No I think by now if people don't recognize this man's obsession with himself is pathologic, they are in denial.
That’s your opinion, yes. We read you loud and clear.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2017, 10:28 AM   #2932
Giz
Philosopher

I think by now if people don't recognize this man's obsession with himself is pathologic, they are in denial.
I agree that some people, good people, have a pathological obsession with him.
Giz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics