ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Old 9th November 2017, 10:08 AM   #881
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Now they're talking about Bachelor's Grove, a ghosthuntin' hotspot now reimagined for footie.
https://www.prairieghosts.com/bachgrov.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachel...Grove_Cemetery

Yep, a secluded footie sanctuary surrounded by 12 million people, and pestered by morons of all types.

Tom McGuane
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2017, 10:11 AM   #882
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

duplicate

Tom McGuane
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2017, 04:15 PM   #883
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
...a secluded footie sanctuary surrounded by 12 million people, and pestered by morons of all types.
Where do you expect these kids to play if not at the old creepy cemetery? The freeway? I'm so sick and tired of you "get off my lawn" types always wanting the neighborhood kids to play...wait what?

But seriously, Bigfoot is in all of us. Well not in in, just "in". So he's here, he's there, he's everywhere (you aren't). He's Bigfoot and we're Bigfoot. He's even a part of the goodwill you have toward your fellow man. And now he's also in Chicago so we might as well get used to it. There's no ignoring this one. The main consequence being when a breaking story pops up on the Alibaba/BFRO/NAWAC Amalgamated Industries Bigfoot website pinpointing an encounter in say west Schaumburg or Joliet, we'll have to reluctantly admit we already know that one is Bigfoot fer sure.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2017, 04:38 PM   #884
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Hog Butcher for the World, Tool maker, Stacker of Wheat, Player with Railroads and the Nation's Freight Handler; Stormy, husky, brawling, City of the Big Shoulders: They tell me you are wicked and I believe them, for I have seen your footie foo-foo luring farm boys with their tiny stick structures . . .

Tom McGuane
Old 12th November 2017, 03:42 PM   #885
captain koolaid
Muse

Is Urban Bigfoot more sophisticated than Forest Bigfoot? Why exactly, are they moving to the big smoke? The culture? The night life? Theatre? Pizza? Chucking rocks at footers and eating berries must get pretty boring after a while. What does Big City Bigfoot think of Hillbilly Bigfoot? These are important questions that aren't being asked.
"Bigfoot does not leave hair samples for us unless he is in our dimension to begin with, obviously. Once the hair is separated from the electrical field associated with the Bigfoot's free quanta energy loops, the hair becomes independant and remains in it's most stable dimension, which presumably is our dimension."(Historian)
captain koolaid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2017, 05:52 AM   #886
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by captain koolaid View Post
Is Urban Bigfoot more sophisticated than Forest Bigfoot? Why exactly, are they moving to the big smoke? The culture? The night life? Theatre? Pizza? Chucking rocks at footers and eating berries must get pretty boring after a while. What does Big City Bigfoot think of Hillbilly Bigfoot? These are important questions that aren't being asked.
Union work?
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2017, 03:35 PM   #887
Nakani
Muse

I bet urban Bigfoot is leaving stick structures for their backwoods cousins, so they can find their address when they come and visit.
Nakani is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2017, 04:31 PM   #888
Pterodactyl
Muse

I wish BF would’ve stepped in and played defensive tackle for the Bears while in town. The goddam Packers gashed us for 150 on the ground.
Pterodactyl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2017, 05:59 PM   #889
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Bigfoot can't cut the package open but he always appreciates that Mom sends him the nice hickory nuts from down south which do not grow in his parts.

Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch on BFF
It’s possible to genetically engineer people to not possess the fine motor/muscle control necessary for tool creation, while at the same time allowing them to keep the cognitive ability required to form complex plans for survival in a variety of environments.
Old 14th November 2017, 02:26 AM   #890
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
I think there's a TV show in that.

Fresh Prints of Bel Air?
Old 14th November 2017, 02:42 PM   #891
Drewbot
Philosopher

The Chicago Bigfoots gotta be killin themselves with the way the Bears have been playing.

Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 08:01 AM   #892
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Like the Predator, who easily adapted to jungle and city life, Bigfoot can adapt to any situation necessary. Also, much like the Predator, if it bleeds, you can kill it. The problem, though, is that once you see it, you'll be so stunned at how human-like it is, you won't dare pull the trigger. Its 7-10 feet of hairy, hulking fury, sloping forehead and Inspector Gadget-like arms will reflect the common man so much that you'll fear a criminal charge for any shot fired.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 11:55 AM   #893
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
Like the Predator, who easily adapted to jungle and city life, Bigfoot can adapt to any situation necessary. Also, much like the Predator, if it bleeds, you can kill it. The problem, though, is that once you see it, you'll be so stunned at how human-like it is, you won't dare pull the trigger. Its 7-10 feet of hairy, hulking fury, sloping forehead and Inspector Gadget-like arms will reflect the common man so much that you'll fear a criminal charge for any shot fired.
To address your main point, I'm not a movie fanboy sort in the least nor do I give a flying **** about any of the Star Trek™, Star Wars®, DC™, Marvel™, LOTR or Harry Potter® pablum, but I am truly hopeful the yet-to-come Predator™ re-boot will be as awesome as the first one.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 03:58 PM   #894
captain koolaid
Muse

He's in town with a few days to kill.
"Bigfoot does not leave hair samples for us unless he is in our dimension to begin with, obviously. Once the hair is separated from the electrical field associated with the Bigfoot's free quanta energy loops, the hair becomes independant and remains in it's most stable dimension, which presumably is our dimension."(Historian)
captain koolaid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 06:48 PM   #895
dmaker
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by HarryHenderson View Post
To address your main point, I'm not a movie fanboy sort in the least nor do I give a flying **** about any of the Star Trek™, Star Wars®, DC™, Marvel™, LOTR or Harry Potter® pablum, but I am truly hopeful the yet-to-come Predator™ re-boot will be as awesome as the first one.
Hey! LOTR was good stuff.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 07:21 PM   #896
Pterodactyl
Muse

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
The Chicago Bigfoots gotta be killin themselves with the way the Bears have been playing.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640...924/YNSqb6.jpg
I just realized that the GSH on the Bears jerseys doesn't have anything to do with Halas. Instead, Chicago: Gablemp's Summer Home.
Pterodactyl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 01:41 PM   #897
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

I can definitely agree re: Harry Potter and Star Trek, although I do enjoy Marvel, but I admit to being a bit Marvelled out! I also liked LOTR but couldn't be arsed with the Hobbit films, I'll get round to them one day!

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Predator looks set to be a bit disappointing by the sounds of it. They're going for a more comedic version, by all accounts, which for me sounds abysmal.

Something I found out recently, the original version of #2 was supposed to be set during World War 2! Now that'd be a good Predator movie.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2017, 01:43 PM   #898
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

He's in town with a few days to kill.
There's something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man...

Old 16th November 2017, 08:25 PM   #899
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

I can definitely agree re: Harry Potter and Star Trek, although I do enjoy Marvel, but I admit to being a bit Marvelled out! I also liked LOTR but couldn't be arsed with the Hobbit films, I'll get round to them one day!

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Predator looks set to be a bit disappointing by the sounds of it. They're going for a more comedic version, by all accounts, which for me sounds abysmal.

Something I found out recently, the original version of #2 was supposed to be set during World War 2! Now that'd be a good Predator movie.
Comedic? Damn. They're gonna **** it up. The portrayal of utter seriousness in hunting the near-phantom was a very important element of the first movie. The constantly mounting tension as the bodies of the pesky human badasses pile up and with no end in sight to the brutality of a more powerful cosmic badass who wants to kill you simply for the honor of killing. And you're right, set in WW2 would have been a helluva concept.
Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM   #900
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Comedic? Damn. They're gonna **** it up. The portrayal of utter seriousness in hunting the near-phantom was a very important element of the first movie. The constantly mounting tension as the bodies of the pesky human badasses pile up and with no end in sight to the brutality of a more powerful cosmic badass who wants to kill you simply for the honor of killing. And you're right, set in WW2 would have been a helluva concept.
I know, lol. I loved the first one, the cast was just perfect for me, and the dialogue.

The second film I always watch as though I'm reading a comic or a graphic novel, if that makes sense, I think it works better in that way.

Here's an article about a test screening for the new movie:

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/a...st-screenings/

Last edited by Gilbert Syndrome; Yesterday at 10:20 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:21 AM   #901
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Comrades, brothers and sisters, I give you Erich Hunter:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07754L8VC...d47e321de5d8b7
Quote:
Kryptopithecus gimlinpattersoni, A New Species of Bipedal Primate (Primates: Hominidae) From Humboldt County, California USA . . . In this study, the animal represented by the Bigfoot is given the binomial name Kryptopithecus gimlinpattersoni sp. nov. and it is described on the basis of photographic evidence. The validity of the newly recognized biotaxon is discussed and it is concluded that it is not a hypothetical concept.
Dr. Hunter's bio:
Quote:
Dedicated to spiritual and esoteric healing modalities, Dr. Hunter has developed a unique healing synthesis that transforms body, mind, and spirit.

After working for over a decade as a Ph.D researcher, and award winning educator in field of the Biological Sciences, he fully awakened to his spiritual path and made a major life transition to follow his calling as a healer. While on his honeymoon in Bali, he was initiated into the healing arts by a highly respected Balinese healer that recognized his healing gifts.

Upon his return to California, his life became a quest for studying, practicing, and now teaching the most effective and unusual healing methods dating back to the 1400’s. Bringing the noble spirit of scientific inquiry to his intuitive wizardry, Dr. Hunter merges the best of both worlds with a grounded and compassionate approach.

Originally from New York, he now resides with his wife in Ojai, California. He enjoys taking walks in nature, bicycle riding, studying alternative science, esoteric healing methods, and spiritual ceremony.
Helping keep the nuttery in bigfootery, he is.

Tom McGuane
Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM   #902
The Shrike
Illuminator

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that this guy might be a disreputable source for anything.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM   #903
captain koolaid
Muse

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Comrades, brothers and sisters, I give you Erich Hunter:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07754L8VC...d47e321de5d8b7

Dr. Hunter's bio:

Helping keep the nuttery in bigfootery, he is.

"Kryptopithecus gimlinpattersoni". This is not surprising, but, I still find it odd. Why shove Gimlin's name in there like he was a co-discoverer? He was there, but he didn't have that much to do with it (the supposed filming of a real Bigfoot, not the hoax. Gimlin was all up in that business). It was Patterson's project, Patterson's film and Patterson did the shooting (apparently). Gimlin was just Patterson's monkey boy... and part time wig wearer. It was Patterson's thing. It's probably been addressed here before, but when did Patterson's flick become the PGF, rather than "the Patterson footage"? My memory may be failing me, but, I don't recall Gimlin having such status back in the old days of post Bluff Creek footery. It was all Patterson's "discovery" and Gimlin might get a mention, every now and then, for being there with him.

Last edited by captain koolaid; Yesterday at 03:22 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM   #904
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
The shape of his head unsettles me. Also, his sweater unsettles me. And his hairstyle...What's he doing with those crystals? I'm officially perturbed by this little sod.

Old Yesterday, 10:22 PM   #905
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

"Kryptopithecus gimlinpattersoni". This is not surprising, but, I still find it odd. Why shove Gimlin's name in there like he was a co-discoverer? He was there, but he didn't have that much to do with it (the supposed filming of a real Bigfoot, not the hoax. Gimlin was all up in that business). It was Patterson's project, Patterson's film and Patterson did the shooting (apparently). Gimlin was just Patterson's monkey boy... and part time wig wearer. It was Patterson's thing. It's probably been addressed here before, but when did Patterson's flick become the PGF, rather than "the Patterson footage"? My memory may be failing me, but, I don't recall Gimlin having such status back in the old days of post Bluff Creek footery. It was all Patterson's "discovery" and Gimlin might get a mention, every now and then, for being there with him.
I don't know when it officially became the PGF exactly, but I think it may have had something to do with ole Gimmy-cheeks taking them to court over it. I forget so much about this stuff each year, because I keep learning new words, like bumfuzzle, never heard that before.

Old Today, 01:11 AM   #906
captain koolaid
Muse

I don't know when it officially became the PGF exactly, but I think it may have had something to do with ole Gimmy-cheeks taking them to court over it. I forget so much about this stuff each year, because I keep learning new words, like bumfuzzle, never heard that before.

It's like naming a new species of dinosaur, decades after it's discovery and adding the name of some doofus who drove the paleontologist to the site and lugged some casts around.

Last edited by captain koolaid; Today at 01:30 AM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal