ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags end of world predictions , General Skepticism humor

Old 22nd September 2017, 09:31 PM   #1
Beady
Philosopher

TEOTWAWKI

Today is the 23rd. Isn't the world supposed to end today? How are Asia and Europe doing?

This signature is intended to irritate people.
Old 22nd September 2017, 09:39 PM   #2
Jodie
Philosopher

I thought this was going to be about something exotic and eatable.
"When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone. I have become comfortably numb. " Pink Floyd
Jodie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2017, 10:45 PM   #3
P.J. Denyer
Master Poster

I had to be up at stupid o clock this morning to drive halfway across the country before nine. The world better not bloody end now, I could have slept in.
P.J. Denyer is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2017, 11:04 PM   #4
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

It ain't over yet!
Old 23rd September 2017, 11:54 PM   #5
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Existing thread http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=323116
rjh01 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2017, 11:01 AM   #6
TX50
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
I thought this was going to be about something exotic and eatable.
Something Polynesian presumably.
TX50 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2017, 01:53 PM   #7
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TX50 View Post
Something Polynesian presumably.
Isufficient consecutive vowels. Only Polynesians would name something A'a.
Old 30th September 2017, 05:01 PM   #8
dropzone
Master Poster

And Czechs "Smrcz." Pretend there are vowels.
dropzone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2017, 08:09 AM   #9
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Beady View Post
Today is the 23rd. Isn't the world supposed to end today? How are Asia and Europe doing?

This signature is intended to irritate people.
DAMMIT, i thought this was a thread about a new Bigfoot from Polynesia.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2017, 04:52 PM   #10
autumn1971
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
DAMMIT, i thought this was a thread about a new Bigfoot from Polynesia.
That was just a hairy guy standing in a catamaran.
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard
autumn1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal