ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , Bob Gimlin , Patterson-Gimlin film , Roger Patterson

Old 31st December 2015, 02:56 PM   #361
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
Other than the PGF, the most concrete thing I can think of is the geographical and seasonal patterns that can be seen across reports. They rule out misidentification as being a significant source for reports and they suggest that Sasquatch are biologically real entities.
Reports equal....

Which leads your bias brain to do this...again

Please bring something new to the conversation, maybe spend more time "researching" on BFF they might get you up to speed.
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 03:07 PM   #362
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by rockinkt View Post
Edited...I thought this was an actual OS quote and took it seriously.

Good one Parcher!
ROFL! I saw your post before you edited it. I couldn't reply because... I couldn't think of any civil response other than a laugh.

Anyway, we need to all team up and swing this thread back to the PGF topic.
Old 31st December 2015, 03:09 PM   #363
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by RayG View Post
What geographical/seasonal patterns? Do you believe they migrate? If so, where are the migration routes? Where is the hair, scat, and other physical evidence that should be evident?

RayG
I can answer these, but it won't convince you the slightest. The only thing that will convince anyone here is proof that's accepted by mainstream or perhaps a sighting of their own.
OntarioSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 03:13 PM   #364
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

I can answer these, but it won't convince you the slightest. The only thing that will convince anyone here is proof that's accepted by mainstream or perhaps a sighting of their own.
Your response doesn't include a reference to the PGF and so it is off topic.

Patty: Filmed in broad daylight on an October day in northern California.

Patty in relation to geographic and seasonal patterns for the Bigfoot species.

OntarioSquatch says....
Old 31st December 2015, 03:15 PM   #365
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Nope a consensus doesn't make a myth reality and eyewitness reports mean nothing without...wait for it.....you know what's coming...
A BODY or a big chunk...keep dreaming the the dream OS!

Ok to get back on track....

PGF
Dude making movie about Bigfoot
What you see is a another dude in a suit
Prove me wrong... You can't!
Game, Set, Match.....really nothing else to discuss

Other than a sub-culture of PGF'ers that spend an exorbitant amount of time doing this....

Bigfoot proponent's the dung beetles of the scientific world!

Last edited by Cervelo; 31st December 2015 at 04:08 PM.
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 03:56 PM   #366
The Shrike
Illuminator

Here's the link http://www.isu.edu/rhi/
Indeed. That's Meldrum's Relict Hominoid Inquiry. Meldrum and his buddies made up their own journal in which to disseminate their ill-founded ideas. The so-called journal is not in any meaningful way peer-refereed, nor is it indexed via Web of Science.

To suggest that Kathy Strain's "hairy man" interpretation of the referenced pictographs is legitimized by its appearance in this virtual rag of a journal demonstrates a profound misunderstanding of scientific publication.

OOH - oh okay. The PGF was a hoax perpetuated by Roger Patterson to 1) make him some dough and 2) advance the belief in bigfoot among the simple-minded.

Last edited by The Shrike; 31st December 2015 at 03:58 PM. Reason: gotta get back on track!
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 04:03 PM   #367
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Other than the PGF, the most concrete thing I can think of is the geographical and seasonal patterns that can be seen across reports. They rule out misidentification as being a significant source for reports and they suggest that Sasquatch are biologically real entities.
I'm sorry? Crap you made up out of whole cloth should be regarded as evidence? Really?
Old 31st December 2015, 04:15 PM   #368
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
OOH - oh okay. The PGF was a hoax perpetuated by Roger Patterson to 1) make him some dough and 2) advance the belief in bigfoot among the simple-minded.
If I could have a beer with him, the first question wouldn't be where's the suit, but did you expect to fool this many people for this long?

Then comes where's the ****in suit already?

Tom McGuane
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 04:21 PM   #369
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
If I could have a beer with him, the first question wouldn't be where's the suit, but did you expect to fool this many people for this long?
Patterson: Exactly how many did I fool? That many? Are you counting the pretenders too?
Old 31st December 2015, 04:23 PM   #370
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Patterson: Exactly how many did I fool? That many? Are you counting the pretenders too?
Yes, as they won't say they're pretending, and unlike DWA or WSA, I don't have a built-in lie detector (susser) up my anus.

Tom McGuane
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 04:26 PM   #371
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Resume View Post

Then comes where's the ****in suit already?
From what I can tell, I'll bet it would be a blast to have heard him tell the story.
Old 31st December 2015, 04:47 PM   #372
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
From what I can tell, I'll bet it would be a blast to have heard him tell the story.
Especially if Gimlin was within earshot.

P: We were there for a week.
G: No we weren't.
P: We tracked her for 3.5 miles after we filmed her.
G: No we didn't.
P: You used your Indian skills to follow her path and you had the long Indian hair.
G: No and no. Roger, please stop lying.
Cervelo: Gimlin, you shut up and let Roger tell the story. This is serious business.
Old 31st December 2015, 09:44 PM   #373
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

The real ones can be seen by people in real life.
Yet so far only very few claim to have done so, and no specimen exists in any zoo or collection.
Right?
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 10:31 PM   #374
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by Maurice Ledifficile View Post
Love that one. Looks like a tree hugger taking the relationship to the next level. Watch out for that chipmunk.
George, George
George of the Jungle,
Strong as he can be.
(Ahhhhhhhh)
Watch out for that tree.

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthem...glelyrics.html
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2016, 09:38 AM   #375
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

The only thing that will convince anyone here is proof that's accepted by mainstream or perhaps a sighting of their own.
You've never seen a Bigfoot, OS. You're not even out looking for one, oddly. You'd rather spend your time on a sceptical forum trying to get people to feel sorry for your plight, which ironically, is being a believer who's never had an encounter, complaining to sceptics about how they won't take you seriously.

Go figure.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2016, 04:48 PM   #376
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Oh boy.....

Old 1st January 2016, 05:42 PM   #377
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
Wow, he wants to shave the monkey. WTF?
Old 1st January 2016, 05:49 PM   #378
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Different strokes for different folks
Old 1st January 2016, 05:55 PM   #379
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Without hair, that would be one of the strangest looking human females ever. Physically she is unlike a human female.
Old 1st January 2016, 06:01 PM   #380
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Maybe OS thinks these folks are real?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106598/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coneheads
Explains much.

Tom McGuane

Last edited by Resume; 1st January 2016 at 06:02 PM.
Old 1st January 2016, 06:42 PM   #381
Tomtomkent
Philosopher

I too believe that under the hair is a human.

I just think there was costumers foam and a zipper between them.

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2016, 06:52 PM   #382
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch
almost identical to a regular human being
A regular gal.

Old 1st January 2016, 07:01 PM   #383
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Another artist shows us the regular human lady.

Old 1st January 2016, 07:23 PM   #384
eerok
Quixoticist

Hubba hubba.
Old 1st January 2016, 07:26 PM   #385
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Beneath the hair is a regular woman.

Old 1st January 2016, 07:36 PM   #386
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Female Bigfoot filmed by Roger Patterson at Bluff Creek California 1967.

Old 1st January 2016, 07:39 PM   #387
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

It would be easy to think that the costume was originally intended to be a male and then the breasts were added as an afterthought. If you removed the breasts you'd instantly have a male. There is nothing "female" about the face or physique.
Old 1st January 2016, 08:24 PM   #388
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster

Women with short hair can look very masculine http://s.huffpost.com/contributors/l...n/headshot.jpg

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
You're posting drawings of her that makes her look far more masculine. Red flag.

Last edited by OntarioSquatch; 1st January 2016 at 08:34 PM.
OntarioSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2016, 08:43 PM   #389
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Are you denying that Patty looks like that? Is anxiety fueling your denial?

They kill deer and pigs with their bare hands, don't they?
Old 1st January 2016, 08:50 PM   #390
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster

She looks like that, but not that toned. There's also no reason to believe that female Sasquatch will on average look exactly as feminine as regular human females.
Old 1st January 2016, 08:53 PM   #391
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Why couldn't the alien genetic modifiers create a male Bigfoot with female-looking breasts? Would you deny that they could or would do that?
Old 1st January 2016, 08:56 PM   #392
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster

It's totally possible, but what kind of advantage would it serve to make a male with female breasts?
Old 1st January 2016, 09:02 PM   #393
captain koolaid
Muse

It's totally possible, but what kind of advantage would it serve to make a male with female breasts?

A very freaky advantage. Bigfoot is into that stuff. It makes sense, OS. Think about it.
"Bigfoot does not leave hair samples for us unless he is in our dimension to begin with, obviously. Once the hair is separated from the electrical field associated with the Bigfoot's free quanta energy loops, the hair becomes independant and remains in it's most stable dimension, which presumably is our dimension."(Historian)
captain koolaid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2016, 09:06 PM   #394
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Women with short hair can look very masculine http://s.huffpost.com/contributors/l...n/headshot.jpg

You're posting drawings of her that makes her look far more masculine. Red flag.
It doesn't matter since a drawing could show it with bright purple fur and prehensile tail and still be as accurate in portraying a fictitious beast.
Might as well show drawings of Orcs.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2016, 09:08 PM   #395
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Wouldn't you want some to keep you company on those long, cold, bigfootless nights?

Tom McGuane
Old 1st January 2016, 09:09 PM   #396
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

You said that the aliens are performing experiments.
Old 1st January 2016, 09:12 PM   #397
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

I've read Sci-Fi in which the male is the care giver for offspring.
Old 1st January 2016, 09:16 PM   #398
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

The aliens can make lactating males who can nurse offspring. We might be better off just calling it "Pat".
Old 1st January 2016, 10:20 PM   #399
Drs_Res
NWO Acorn Hoarder

It's Pat!

But seriously, Figboot is a hermaphrodite. It screws itself and becomes pregnant. The pocket penis stays tucked away until needed. That's why you don't need a breeding population, all you need is a couple here and there.

Old 2nd January 2016, 05:39 AM   #400
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

She looks like that, but not that toned. There's also no reason to believe that female Sasquatch will on average look exactly as feminine as regular human females.
You seem to be contradicting yourself....you really have no shame do you?

Oh and just in case someone hasn't been following this bull **** show, OS posted these two statements within 24hrs of each other. It would appear he's jerking the BFF around as well?

Last edited by Cervelo; 2nd January 2016 at 06:18 AM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal