ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , Bob Gimlin , Patterson-Gimlin film , Roger Patterson

Reply
Old 31st December 2015, 08:07 AM   #321
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing
 
jaydeehess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 40 miles north of the border
Posts: 20,808
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
You'll likely see it in the news if it happens.
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
The worst thing that someone can do if they come across the dead body of a Sasquatch is contact the authorities. Only an individual or a group like the NAWAC, which has its own protocol can avoid a potential cover-up.
,,,, and what , exactly, would NAWAC do with it that would then make sure it was covered on CBC, Global, or CTV news (given that you and I are Canadian)?
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 08:26 AM   #322
Cervelo
Graduate Poster
 
Cervelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,365
Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Yes. I would very much like to know how a natural (according to OS) species, hybrid or not, evolved in less than 15,000 years. Holy punctuated equilibrium Batman!
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 12:07 PM   #323
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 17,711
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
There's also no way to know if they were around for the last 15,000 years. My own research suggests that the Sasquatch phenomenon is more of a recent occurrence.
The Indians didn't see Bigfoot?
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 12:22 PM   #324
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,783
They evidently did as far back as 500-1000 years ago.
OntarioSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 12:25 PM   #325
rockinkt
Graduate Poster
 
rockinkt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,123
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
They evidently did as far back as 500-1000 years ago.
Please provide evidence for this claim. Be specific.
__________________
"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." Steve Earle

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 12:31 PM   #326
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,783
The oldest evidence that I know of is the "hairy man" pictographs found in central California

http://www.isu.edu/rhi/pdf/Mayak%20D...tographs-1.pdf


Last edited by OntarioSquatch; 31st December 2015 at 12:33 PM.
OntarioSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 12:37 PM   #327
Cervelo
Graduate Poster
 
Cervelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,365
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
The oldest evidence that I know of is the "hairy man" pictographs found in central California

http://www.isu.edu/rhi/pdf/Mayak%20D...tographs-1.pdf

http://i.imgur.com/kZcMSgP.jpg
Opps...you get one these again!
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 12:49 PM   #328
rockinkt
Graduate Poster
 
rockinkt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,123
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
The oldest evidence that I know of is the "hairy man" pictographs found in central California

http://www.isu.edu/rhi/pdf/Mayak%20D...tographs-1.pdf

http://i.imgur.com/kZcMSgP.jpg
Nope. The research and resulting claims made by Ms. Strain are not accepted by any legitimate journal nor are they accepted by her peers.
Therefore, the paintings referred to are not evidence of Bigfoot being a part of North American Native culture.

Try again.
__________________
"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." Steve Earle

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 01:02 PM   #329
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 17,711
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
The oldest evidence that I know of is the "hairy man" pictographs found in central California.
Why are the eyeballs down at the neck? Is this like Patty having her boobs down at her tummy?

Are you old enough to remember Erik Beckjord? He had ways of explaining things like neck eyes and abdomen boobs. Bigfoot is a shapeshifter.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 01:09 PM   #330
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,783
Originally Posted by rockinkt View Post
Nope. The research and resulting claims made by Ms. Strain are not accepted by any legitimate journal nor are they accepted by her peers.
Therefore, the paintings referred to are not evidence of Bigfoot being a part of North American Native culture.

Try again.
If the Idaho State University's journal is a fake, then I would like to see evidence of it.

Also, even the most popular journals are known to make mistakes sometimes and retract their work. Publishing something in a journal isn't some sort of authentication of anything. All it does is make sure you followed proper methodology.

Last edited by OntarioSquatch; 31st December 2015 at 01:10 PM.
OntarioSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 01:11 PM   #331
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 17,711
Originally Posted by rockinkt View Post
Nope. The research and resulting claims made by Ms. Strain are not accepted by any legitimate journal nor are they accepted by her peers.
Therefore, the paintings referred to are not evidence of Bigfoot being a part of North American Native culture.

Try again.
The Native Americans were different than we are. They didn't make up mythical creatures. They were honest and hard working hunter gatherers who lived hand-to-mouth and had no time for fantasy. Anybody who made up a story about seeing a hairy wildman was immediately ostracized for not pulling their own weight in the struggle for survival. Only genuine observations were allowed to exist.

A pictograph of a fantasy would have been erased and we would not find it in a cave or on some rock face. In order to understand Indians you have to understand that they had no imagination. They only had real animals around them and enduring pigments to mark their world.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 01:13 PM   #332
John Nowak
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,806
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
Publishing something in a journal isn't some sort of authentication of anything. All it does is make sure you followed proper methodology.
Yeah. What does methodology have to do with being right? So much easier to make up random nonsense.
__________________
>Reason being is that you guys appear to have absolutely no field experience in listening for invisible people in the forest. I do.

-historian
John Nowak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 01:15 PM   #333
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 17,711
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
If the Idaho State University's journal is a fake, then I would like to see evidence of it.

Also, even the most popular journals are known to make mistakes sometimes and retract their work. Publishing something in a journal isn't some sort of authentication of anything. All it does is make sure you followed proper methodology.
I'm seeing Relict Hominoid Inquiry at your link.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 01:18 PM   #334
Cervelo
Graduate Poster
 
Cervelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,365
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
If the Idaho State University's journal is a fake, then I would like to see evidence of it.

Also, even the most popular journals are known to make mistakes sometimes and retract their work. Publishing something in a journal isn't some sort of authentication of anything. All it does is make sure you followed proper methodology.
Once again your practice and trade are showing....

Who said anything about it being fake?
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 01:21 PM   #335
The Shrike
Illuminator
 
The Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,465
So what is this "Idaho State University Journal"?
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 01:23 PM   #336
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,783
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Why are the eyeballs down at the neck? Is this like Patty having her boobs down at her tummy?

Are you old enough to remember Erik Beckjord? He had ways of explaining things like neck eyes and abdomen boobs. Bigfoot is a shapeshifter.
The Native American's never drew for accuracy. Their pictographs were more like symbols that are meant to represent something

OntarioSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 01:25 PM   #337
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,783
Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
So what is this "Idaho State University Journal"?
Here's the link http://www.isu.edu/rhi/
OntarioSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 01:39 PM   #338
Resume
Troublesome Passenger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 15,542
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
I'm seeing Relict Hominoid Inquiry at your link.
X2
__________________
A sentimental materialization of the kind of quasi‐rural bonhomie that seemed a millimeter from actual goose‐stepping and brown‐shirt uproars of bumpkin fascism.

Tom McGuane
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 01:42 PM   #339
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 17,711
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
The Native American's never drew for accuracy. Their pictographs were more like symbols that are meant to represent something.
So how do you know one of their imaginary beings from one of their real beings?
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 01:46 PM   #340
Cervelo
Graduate Poster
 
Cervelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,365
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 01:49 PM   #341
Cervelo
Graduate Poster
 
Cervelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,365
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
Here's the link http://www.isu.edu/rhi/
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 01:50 PM   #342
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,783
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
So how do you know one of their imaginary beings from one of their real beings?
The real ones can be seen by people in real life.
OntarioSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 01:50 PM   #343
Resume
Troublesome Passenger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 15,542
Which of these do you believe OS?
http://www.native-languages.org/monsters.htm

Note footie is on the list.
__________________
A sentimental materialization of the kind of quasi‐rural bonhomie that seemed a millimeter from actual goose‐stepping and brown‐shirt uproars of bumpkin fascism.

Tom McGuane
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 01:52 PM   #344
Resume
Troublesome Passenger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 15,542
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
The real ones can be seen by people in real life.
Like menehune? Mermaids? Werewolves? Elvis?

All of these and many more have been reported.
__________________
A sentimental materialization of the kind of quasi‐rural bonhomie that seemed a millimeter from actual goose‐stepping and brown‐shirt uproars of bumpkin fascism.

Tom McGuane
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 01:53 PM   #345
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 17,711
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
The real ones can be seen by people in real life.
Claim to see them but no body can be produced.

Myth.

Problem Number One with Bigfooters is that they don't understand what a myth is. Or, maybe they do...
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 01:59 PM   #346
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,783
Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Like menehune? Mermaids? Werewolves? Elvis?

All of these and many more have been reported.
If one were to combine every non-Sasquatch report out there and compare it to the number of Sasquatch reports, the number won't be remotely close. This should be obvious to everyone here by now.
OntarioSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 02:05 PM   #347
Cervelo
Graduate Poster
 
Cervelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,365
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
If one were to combine every non-Sasquatch report out there and compare it to the number of Sasquatch reports, the number won't be remotely close. This should be obvious to everyone here by now.
Oh it's obvious...

Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 02:06 PM   #348
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,451
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
If one were to combine every non-Sasquatch report out there and compare it to the number of Sasquatch reports, the number won't be remotely close. This should be obvious to everyone here by now.
You have no evidence. OK.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 02:06 PM   #349
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 17,711
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
If one were to combine every non-Sasquatch report out there and compare it to the number of Sasquatch reports, the number won't be remotely close. This should be obvious to everyone here by now.
Those are simply not popular myths. This should be obvious to everyone here by now.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 02:07 PM   #350
Resume
Troublesome Passenger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 15,542
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
If one were to combine every non-Sasquatch report out there and compare it to the number of Sasquatch reports, the number won't even be remotely close. That should be obvious to everyone here by now.
I think you're wrong, especially since there is no way of knowing how many footie reports are actually reports at all. It could be that most of them are fabricated by the "reporting" groups. Which is why they suck as evidence.

At any rate, I'm sure that back in the day (and perhaps even today) **** loads of folks reported seeing werewolves in Eastern Europe. Elvis is probably "reported" daily as well. Additionally, many traditional Hawaiians have stories about Pele and Menehune.

Every culture has campfire stories; what is obvious is you haven't looked into these myths whatsoever.
__________________
A sentimental materialization of the kind of quasi‐rural bonhomie that seemed a millimeter from actual goose‐stepping and brown‐shirt uproars of bumpkin fascism.

Tom McGuane
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 02:07 PM   #351
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 17,711
Look at us in the PGF thread. We aren't discussing the PGF.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 02:08 PM   #352
Resume
Troublesome Passenger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 15,542
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Look at us in the PGF thread. We aren't discussing the PGF.
It's off the rails.
__________________
A sentimental materialization of the kind of quasi‐rural bonhomie that seemed a millimeter from actual goose‐stepping and brown‐shirt uproars of bumpkin fascism.

Tom McGuane
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 02:23 PM   #353
RayG
Master Poster
 
RayG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Somewhere in Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,660
Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
OS, please describe your "research".
Yes, please do.

What year did you become interested in bigfoot?

RayG
__________________
Tell ya what. I'll hold my tongue as long as you stick to facts.
--------------------
Scrutatio Et Quaestio
RayG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 02:26 PM   #354
RayG
Master Poster
 
RayG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Somewhere in Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,660
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
It's possible that there were dead bodies recovered during that time, but we don't have any skeletons to confirm it. There's also no way to know if they were around for the last 15,000 years. My own research suggests that the Sasquatch phenomenon is more of a recent occurrence.

I don't know if Canada is in on it. I've heard of investigated UFO sightings being classified as secret here, but that's about it as far as cover-ups go.
Your own research seems to rely on possibilities, assumptions, assertions, and anecdotes.

Do you have something a bit more concrete?

RayG
__________________
Tell ya what. I'll hold my tongue as long as you stick to facts.
--------------------
Scrutatio Et Quaestio
RayG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 02:39 PM   #355
RayG
Master Poster
 
RayG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Somewhere in Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,660
Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
How about crying man with long finger nails pic
One of many interpretations.

Walrus with a moustache, a giant otter, a bear with a sinus infection, a sasquatch with two monocles, a hairy ghost with the bleeding eyes? It seems quite open to speculation and interpretation, and has not conclusively been shown to be a representation of a bigfoot.

OS, you and Kathy Moskowitz Strain may conclude that the Hairy Man Pictograph = Bigfoot, where is the evidence that the majority of archaeologists have also reached that conclusion?


RayG
__________________
Tell ya what. I'll hold my tongue as long as you stick to facts.
--------------------
Scrutatio Et Quaestio
RayG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 02:39 PM   #356
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,783
Originally Posted by RayG View Post
Your own research seems to rely on possibilities, assumptions, assertions, and anecdotes.

Do you have something a bit more concrete?

RayG
Other than the PGF, the most concrete thing I can think of is the geographical and seasonal patterns that can be seen across reports. They rule out misidentification as being a significant source for reports and they suggest that Sasquatch are biologically real entities.
OntarioSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 02:41 PM   #357
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 17,711
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
The real ones can be seen by people in real life.
But nobody sees anything that looks like that pictograph. Patty doesn't look like that.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 02:42 PM   #358
RayG
Master Poster
 
RayG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Somewhere in Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,660
What geographical/seasonal patterns? Do you believe they migrate? If so, where are the migration routes? Where is the hair, scat, and other physical evidence that should be evident?

RayG
__________________
Tell ya what. I'll hold my tongue as long as you stick to facts.
--------------------
Scrutatio Et Quaestio
RayG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 02:44 PM   #359
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 17,711
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
Other than the PGF, the most concrete thing I can think of is the geographical and seasonal patterns that can be seen across reports. They rule out misidentification as being a significant source for reports and they suggest that Sasquatch are biologically real entities.
Bigfoot is seen everywhere and at all times in all seasons. Here and there and at daytime and nighttime. Folks, we have a pattern. Put it in your pipe and smoke it!
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2015, 02:55 PM   #360
rockinkt
Graduate Poster
 
rockinkt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,123
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
The Native Americans were different than we are. They didn't make up mythical creatures. They were honest and hard working hunter gatherers who lived hand-to-mouth and had no time for fantasy. Anybody who made up a story about seeing a hairy wildman was immediately ostracized for not pulling their own weight in the struggle for survival. Only genuine observations were allowed to exist.

A pictograph of a fantasy would have been erased and we would not find it in a cave or on some rock face. In order to understand Indians you have to understand that they had no imagination. They only had real animals around them and enduring pigments to mark their world.
Edited...I thought this was an actual OS quote and took it seriously.

Good one Parcher!
__________________
"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." Steve Earle

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt

Last edited by rockinkt; 31st December 2015 at 02:57 PM.
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:30 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.