ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , bigfoot sightings , NAWAC

Old 1st July 2017, 02:25 PM   #81
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
And then there's the suspense-building moments just before an ad-break, making it seem like if you stay tuned, you'll be treated to some amazing footage or encounter, only for the ads to end and for you to realize that literally nothing happens whatsoever.

What's worse is that this type of format is being used on so many other shows these days. The Discovery channels are unbearable these days. I saw a new one the other night, Man vs Monster, with a guy I've never heard of and can find no information on, who wears an explorer's outfit and roams around the jungles of the world looking for things that don't exist.

I don't even know how these ideas are brought up in meetings and how/why they get over.

Guys, I've got it! How about a show where we go looking for Bigfoot and giant bats and living dinosaurs?

Aren't there already a bunch of shows like that out there?

Well yeah, but none with an English guy. We'll get an English guy to do it.

Well that's pretty different. Let's do it!
Is it that Mungo guy?

Tom McGuane
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2017, 02:52 PM   #82
Spektator
Dog Who Laughs

Wasn't there an English-accented animated gorilla in that "Sing" movie? He'd be perfect.
Spektator is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2017, 09:36 AM   #83
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Rob Lowe shows a clip of his nighttime Would Ape encounter on the Jimmy Fallon Tonight Show. It's just another cable TV scam and the audience knows it.

https://youtu.be/l_MiYUhw9P0

Last edited by William Parcher; 28th July 2017 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Corrected name of show
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2017, 10:28 AM   #84
Drewbot
Philosopher

Holy cheekbones that's a handsome dude.

He even knows it's a joke, he can't help but laugh when Jimmy says "Wood Ape"
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2017, 10:32 AM   #85
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

"It's all real."

Tom McGuane
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2017, 10:34 AM   #86
Pterodactyl
Muse

Yeah looks exactly like any random "night investigation" scene from Finding Bigfoot.

No monkey.
Pterodactyl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2017, 05:36 PM   #87
GT/CS
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Holy cheekbones that's a handsome dude.

He even knows it's a joke, he can't help but laugh when Jimmy says "Wood Ape"
Tank Evans: What's up with the hair? You could fit a whole fish in there.
Old 29th July 2017, 06:42 PM   #88
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch on BFF
The Kiamichi mountains of SE Oklahoma probably has the highest sasquatch population density of anywhere in North America. The area was particularly hot right after they first appeared there in 1997.
Right there they are thick on the landscape. Hot with their presence. If you lay down one might walk on you.

A guy has a homestead there and in the 1990s they came and tromped right up in there, getting all up into this and that and whatnot. The guy shot 'em up and it was all hairy going back and forth. The Bigfoots brought a siege and it became known as the Siege on Honobia.

They exist. That's for damn sure.

Last edited by William Parcher; 29th July 2017 at 06:43 PM.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2017, 08:18 PM   #89
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Right there they are thick on the landscape. Hot with their presence. If you lay down one might walk on you.

A guy has a homestead there and in the 1990s they came and tromped right up in there, getting all up into this and that and whatnot. The guy shot 'em up and it was all hairy going back and forth. The Bigfoots brought a siege and it became known as the Siege on Honobia.

It's only a matter of time before Discovery Channel announces Sasquatch Week, or perhaps Footie Fortnight.

This is hardly farfetched in the light of bigfoot in the forest preserves of urban, suburban and exurban Chicago, or the notion of footie tossing licorice sweets at car-camping explorers in the third-growth wilderness of Minnesota.

You can bet that any garage sale in the nape of the neighborhood of Honobia, OK has plenty of bigfoot statuary, ashtrays, and toilet paper holders. Footie his own-damn-seff, well, there ain't none to be seen.

Tom McGuane
Old 30th July 2017, 08:39 AM   #90
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

From same post from OS on bff
Quote:
Tim and his brother Michael managed to get photos and videos there that are at least as good as the PGF, but they don't believe it would do much better than the PGF, though they're considering laying everything out one day for people to finally see.
Yep, bigfoot evidence so compelling that it hasn't seen the light of day in 17 years because . . . reasons.

You can always tell a good bigfoot bull **** story by the amount of evidence that hasn't been released to the public because . . . reasons.

Tom McGuane
Old 2nd August 2017, 06:19 AM   #91
Drewbot
Philosopher

Yes, and there was a documentary out about 10 years ago, where these Oklahomans were out in the field with a female reporter, and all of a sudden they pull out there guns and start shooting up on the hillside. In the dark. With no target. Shooting at noises.

Anyone remember the name of that show?

Anyone know if the NAWAC has anyone affiliated with that show?

That same level of trigger discipline is clear in the NAWAC operations, so I thought maybe it was the same people.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2017, 06:37 AM   #92
Drewbot
Philosopher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcZkdfdi_lU

Found it.

"Fear breeds fear" one of them says
Old 2nd August 2017, 07:15 AM   #93
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcZkdfdi_lU

Found it.

"Fear breeds fear" one of them says
Had to stop watching when I ran into the Top Gear-America ad. Truly frightening.

ETA:
Quote:
Much of the area (Kiamachis) is untouched wilderness . . .
No it isn't.

ETA II: At what point in the video do the bigfoot nuts imbeciles enthusiasts start sound shooting?

Tom McGuane

Last edited by Resume; 2nd August 2017 at 07:44 AM.
Old 2nd August 2017, 08:13 AM   #94
Drewbot
Philosopher

Quote:
Much of the area (Kiamachis) is untouched wilderness . . .
This seems to be at the center of all Oklahoma Bigfooter's talking points memo.

They even had their own FWS employee out there saying that it was protected forest, but it's been 2 &3 times cut down.

Quote:
According to the southern forest resource assessment, in 1630 Oklahoma had 13.3 million acres of forests with 133 tree species. By the 1930s less than 200,000 acres of virgin forest in eastern Oklahoma remained. The U.S. Forest Service estimates we now have 7.665 million acres of forest-58 % of the original acreage. Forest surveys have shown increases in the forest during the past 20 years due to better management and reforestation.

Elbert Little, Jr., who studied several forest sites in southeast Oklahoma over a 60 year period described the burned out and cutover woods he first witnessed in 1929 as "almost worthless for any purpose." It would be some time, he said, before it was of any value."
http://www.forestry.ok.gov/lost-forest

Last edited by Drewbot; 2nd August 2017 at 08:15 AM.
Old 2nd August 2017, 08:25 AM   #95
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Yes, and there was a documentary out about 10 years ago, where these Oklahomans were out in the field with a female reporter, and all of a sudden they pull out there guns and start shooting up on the hillside. In the dark. With no target. Shooting at noises.

Anyone remember the name of that show?

Anyone know if the NAWAC has anyone affiliated with that show?

That same level of trigger discipline is clear in the NAWAC operations, so I thought maybe it was the same people.
Dunno the show, but that's what's called a "sound shot"...hear something moving so you shoot to see what it is.

Not uncommon in the rural south, and the reason I never went into the woods during deer season.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2017, 08:25 AM   #96
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

This seems to be at the center of all Oklahoma Bigfooter's talking points memo.

They even had their own FWS employee out there saying that it was protected forest, but it's been 2 &3 times cut down.

http://www.forestry.ok.gov/lost-forest
I believe I've pointed this out to NAWAC apologists in the past. They don't seen to get it.

Tom McGuane
Old 2nd August 2017, 12:08 PM   #97
The Shrike
Illuminator

It is protected forest in the Kiamichis because there is a great deal of it under management from the US Forest Service. It is the western extent of the Ouachita National Forest. Other big public landholdings in that area include wildlife management areas operated by the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation and, specifically, the Little River National Wildlife Refuge managed by the US Fish and Wildlife Service. Regardless of the management authority, these are forests that have grown up over the last 60–80 years. Today, the entire region supports vibrant opportunities for non-consumptive outdoor recreation, hunting, logging, etc. MUCH of the original hardwood/shortleaf pine forest has been converted to loblolly pine plantation.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2017, 12:20 PM   #98
Drewbot
Philosopher

The Oklahoma portion was protected AFTER it got decimated. Then you also had 1. people illegally cutting and 2. leases to people to legally cut timber

Quote:
On April 29, 1926, Pres. Calvin Coolidge officially designated the entire expanse the Ouachita National Forest. Additional Oklahoma lands were obtained in 1930, extending the forest in Le Flore County. In the 1930s the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) held sixteen camps in the forest, three in Oklahoma that established roads and game sanctuaries. World War II halted many of the forest production projects, but the 1960s brought tourism to the area. The Talimena Scenic Byway (completed in 1969 and dedicated in 1970), connecting Talihena, Oklahoma, to Mena, Arkansas, was built for its view.
http://www.okhistory.org/publication...hp?entry=OU002

Last edited by Drewbot; 2nd August 2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 2nd August 2017, 12:38 PM   #99
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

I think we'd agree though that it is not an "untouched wilderness," but a carefully managed wild place full of recreational users.

****, I've been to "designated wilderness areas" for which you needed a reservation to camp.

Tom McGuane
Old 4th August 2017, 07:20 AM   #100
The Shrike
Illuminator

There is one decent wilderness area in the Ouachitas, the ODWC's McCurtain County Wilderness.

This tract does have some virgin timber and requires special permits for access. It is, however, heavily managed via hardwood thinning and prescribed fire. The goal is to re-establish a shortleaf pine/bluestem savanna to support a breeding colony of the endangered Red-cockaded Woodpecker.

How wildernessy? Well, the adjacent reservoir is the premiere mountain getaway for families and motorcycle clubs in the area. It's crawling with people. East of the reservoir and into the heart of the wilderness area the "roads" are barely passable and, as mentioned, you need specific permits for access. That said, it's managed to be open pine/bluestem savanna. It's prairie with trees, i.e., not squatchy.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2017, 08:51 AM   #101
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
There is one decent wilderness area in the Ouachitas, the ODWC's McCurtain County Wilderness.

This tract does have some virgin timber and requires special permits for access. It is, however, heavily managed via hardwood thinning and prescribed fire. The goal is to re-establish a shortleaf pine/bluestem savanna to support a breeding colony of the endangered Red-cockaded Woodpecker.

How wildernessy? Well, the adjacent reservoir is the premiere mountain getaway for families and motorcycle clubs in the area. It's crawling with people. East of the reservoir and into the heart of the wilderness area the "roads" are barely passable and, as mentioned, you need specific permits for access. That said, it's managed to be open pine/bluestem savanna. It's prairie with trees, i.e., not squatchy.
Many folks have an ignorant/romantic viewpoint of wild places in North America; bigfooters are a major subset.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

How can you log off 95% of old growth forest without running into/making dead any number of footies? How can you wipe out every single brown bear in California (as one example) without knocking off some bigfeet along the way?

They is illusive (as I've seen a footer term it) is not a logical argument. Though it kinda fits.

Tom McGuane
Old 5th August 2017, 01:59 PM   #102
jerrywayne
Muse

The latest from Ms. Ketchum:

"To those who want real interaction with BF, not the phony. I know because he took me the first time I saw them. It's the real deal. Here's a description below.

The Kiamichi Mountains Adventures is offering once in a lifetime experience for those interested in learning about Sasquatch, you will learn the ins and outs of what it takes to study what some people rarely get to see. The fee is $450.00 per person, we do group rates upon request. The fee covers 2.5 days and 2 nights with meals provided on Saturday (lunch and dinner). Contact honobiaoklachito@gmail.com for more information."
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2017, 07:47 AM   #103
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Makes the SRA's $40 per year memberships --complete with the option of not attending their not finding bigfoot expeditions-- seem like a bargain.

Tom McGuane

Last edited by Resume; 6th August 2017 at 07:49 AM.
Old 6th August 2017, 07:47 AM   #104
The Shrike
Illuminator

seems legit
Old 7th August 2017, 05:52 AM   #105
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post
The Kiamichi Mountains Adventures is offering once in a lifetime experience for those interested in learning about Sasquatch, you will learn the ins and outs of what it takes to study what some people rarely get to see. The fee is $450.00 per person, we do group rates upon request. The fee covers 2.5 days and 2 nights with meals provided on Saturday (lunch and dinner). Contact honobiaoklachito@gmail.com for more information."
Woods and Wildmen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AJG_NuJM4U
Old 7th August 2017, 08:02 AM   #106
Drewbot
Philosopher

I think I figured out why the Wood Apes are such horrible throwers...

Old 19th September 2017, 06:29 AM   #107
Drewbot
Philosopher

After reading the NAWAC-Treatise on Wood Apes PDF, I often sat awake at night, trying to figure out why a giant, bipedal ominivore would burn so many calories trying to extract a meager amount of calories (19/nut) and a trifling amount of protein (.38g/nut).

Why would they have a central NUT CRACKING station? Even IF they could break the nut easily, it typically shatters into pieces, requiring more attention to get the meat out.

Then it dawned on me...

Old 21st September 2017, 06:33 PM   #108
jerrywayne
Muse

Brian Brown's account of the Rob Lowe adventure:

http://woodape.org/index.php/news/news/48-news/255
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2017, 07:02 PM   #109
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

This guy Brown, it's like he's on some other planet. He thinks Bigfoot lives here. No, it doesn't. Is he planning to continue this doofus comedy for the rest of his life?
Old 21st September 2017, 07:21 PM   #110
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

Bipto Brian Brown?

Lyin' Brian? Founded something once? Same guy?

He's a fraud imo

In other BF news http://bigfootforums.com/topic/56594...ort-revisited/

Melba's now the one to follow. Again.
Squatchy McSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2017, 07:33 PM   #111
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

These NAWAC people really need to think in long term. They will all pass away without any Would Ape confirmation. They need to set things up so the next generation of researchers can station themselves at Area Rabbit Hole. Those people will all grow old and die without any confirmation. They too need to set up the next generation for the same thing.

Brown needs to consider that it may take centuries or even thousands of years before any confirmation there in the Whatcheeto Mountains.
Old 21st September 2017, 07:36 PM   #112
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

What is that place called again...the Whatcheetahs?
Old 21st September 2017, 08:15 PM   #113
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

What is that place called again...the Whatcheetahs?
Weecheatinyuhs.

Tom McGuane
Old 22nd September 2017, 04:42 AM   #114
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post
Brian Brown's account of the Rob Lowe adventure:

http://woodape.org/index.php/news/news/48-news/255
That's hilarious!

Them passing a nut-crushing station is right there in his narrative!!!!
Old 22nd September 2017, 07:47 AM   #115
dmaker
Graduate Poster

I watched this episode last night. It's quite pathetic. Exactly like any episode of Finding Bigfoot. Lots of hooting and hollering and banging sticks on trees. They assure us that these things (wood apes) are as real as the rising sun.

The level of excitement over the nut crushing station was cringe inducing as was the one persons' confession of his third visual that very evening (what luck!). It sure seemed to me like he was convincing himself. It did not seem genuine whatsoever.

Their night time tomfoolery was interrupted by a group of Jeeps driving through the area. It was kind of fun to watch these buffoons chase the lights around before we discover the Jeeps. Of course these people driving the Jeeps are declared horribly lost to be driving at night way out in Area X. I mean no one would ever go that far into the wilderness, right? Head smacking nonsense, all of it.

These people are clueless clowns.

Last edited by dmaker; 22nd September 2017 at 07:50 AM.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2017, 07:54 AM   #116
Drewbot
Philosopher

So wait, the inaccessible location was accessed by some amateurs in Jeeps?

How did they get over the giant log blocking the trail?

Did they search the jeeps for ape costumes or giant sling shots?
Old 22nd September 2017, 09:11 AM   #117
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

It's kind of funny. The only "nut-crushing station" I'm familiar with was a nickname for one of the less...ah...male friendly obstacles on the course in basic training .
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2017, 09:13 AM   #118
dmaker
Graduate Poster

There were no nut pieces to be found, but the audience was assured that it must have been wood apes. How else could one rock end up on top of another?
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2017, 12:15 PM   #119
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
I watched this episode last night. It's quite pathetic. Exactly like any episode of Finding Bigfoot. Lots of hooting and hollering and banging sticks on trees. They assure us that these things (wood apes) are as real as the rising sun.

The level of excitement over the nut crushing station was cringe inducing as was the one persons' confession of his third visual that very evening (what luck!). It sure seemed to me like he was convincing himself. It did not seem genuine whatsoever.

Their night time tomfoolery was interrupted by a group of Jeeps driving through the area. It was kind of fun to watch these buffoons chase the lights around before we discover the Jeeps. Of course these people driving the Jeeps are declared horribly lost to be driving at night way out in Area X. I mean no one would ever go that far into the wilderness, right? Head smacking nonsense, all of it.

These people are clueless clowns.
They liked it over at bff:http://bigfootforums.com/topic/56270...igfoot/?page=5
Quote:
The episode helps give an idea of the area’s terrain. One of main takeaways was that when you’re there, they constantly watch you while trying very hard to stay out of your line of sight. Investigators tend to be at an incredible disadvantage that they aren't really aware of . . .
Yeah, sure.

Tom McGuane
Old 22nd September 2017, 12:33 PM   #120
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
They liked it over at bff:http://bigfootforums.com/topic/56270...igfoot/?page=5

Yeah, sure.
Sure seems like role playing...

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal