ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , bigfoot sightings , NAWAC

Old 22nd September 2017, 03:37 PM   #121
jerrywayne
Muse

Good lord, Oklahoma is becoming the number one place for Bigfoot myth mongering:

http://www.tahlequahdailypress.com/c...cf8f993b2.html
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2017, 05:40 PM   #122
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post
Good lord, Oklahoma is becoming the number one place for Bigfoot myth mongering:

http://www.tahlequahdailypress.com/c...cf8f993b2.html
Quote:
Noted author and TV personality Lyle Blackburn . . .
Noted by whom, exactly?

Quote:
Robert Swain, author of the "Laughsquatch" cartoon series . . .
The symposium intellectual.

Tom McGuane
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2017, 06:34 PM   #123
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

Nut cracking station.

You guy's are too much

Squatchy McSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2017, 04:15 AM   #124
Agatha
Winking at the Moon

Mod Warning The internal machinations of another forum are not on topic in this forum.

Please also remember that you must not post the real-life information of any member, even inactive ones, unless it is publicly available and relevant to the thread. See rule 8.
Posted By:Agatha

Vodka kills salmonella and all other enemies of freedom for sure - Nationalcosmopolitan
Agatha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2017, 10:59 AM   #125
Jodie
Philosopher

Dang Agatha, it was the most interesting news in this thread in awhile and it was absolutely related to Wood Apes.
"When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone. I have become comfortably numb. " Pink Floyd
Jodie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2017, 11:07 AM   #126
Jodie
Philosopher

Anyone interested in Justin Beiber's inverted nipples and how that's a common characteristic of wood apes? I don't think he's a member here.
"When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone. I have become comfortably numb. " Pink Floyd

Last edited by Jodie; 5th October 2017 at 11:08 AM.
Jodie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2017, 11:09 AM   #127
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Dang Agatha, it was the most interesting news in this thread in awhile and it was absolutely related to Wood Apes.
Dang Agatha, it was the most interesting news baldest-ass assertion in this thread in awhile and it was absolutely related to Wood Apes.

FI, etc.

Tom McGuane
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2017, 05:59 PM   #128
Jodie
Philosopher

Oh well, I leave it up to y'all to figure out who I was talking about.

Last edited by Jodie; 5th October 2017 at 06:01 PM.
Old 8th October 2017, 08:19 AM   #129
Pterodactyl
Muse

I don't see how you can sit there and say that the Mountain Monster Yahoo attack was an "obviously fake encounter."

In the link below, they fend off an attack by the Ohio Grassman. Clearly this is a skilled group of investigators who know their way around the woods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=118-FfG6ZAs
Pterodactyl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2017, 10:54 AM   #130
Jodie
Philosopher

That is the most asinine show, have you watched it recently?
Old 8th October 2017, 11:06 AM   #131
Pterodactyl
Muse

I haven't... has it gotten worse?
Awesome.
Pterodactyl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2017, 12:17 PM   #132
The Shrike
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
Awesome.
Wiki: "More recently the recurring Rogue Team has spied on and sabotaged the AIMS team and their investigations."
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2017, 04:55 PM   #133
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

I don't see how you can sit there and say that the Mountain Monster Yahoo attack was an "obviously fake encounter."

In the link below, they fend off an attack by the Ohio Grassman. Clearly this is a skilled group of investigators who know their way around the woods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=118-FfG6ZAs
"Clearly." Actually the version I watched was punishing, probably a bootleg from Russia. Some doofus had meticulously edited out any visual of the Grassman® himself. The show just became spooked fat guys in the woods at night. On a whim I looked up "entertainment" in the dictionary and cripes almighty there they are, number 13 on the I-Guess-It's-Entertainment list, though they are listed under their prison gang name, Chester's Molesters. Who knew?!
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2017, 06:03 PM   #134
Jodie
Philosopher

Awesome.
Beyond bad.
Old 10th October 2017, 08:52 PM   #135
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

It's so bad, that you have to treat it as a bigfoot comedy/parody show, and then it's good.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2017, 03:48 AM   #136
Pterodactyl
Muse

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
It's so bad, that you have to treat it as a bigfoot comedy/parody show, and then it's good.
That's my take. It's a Finding Bigfoot spoof, basically.
Old 11th October 2017, 04:58 AM   #137
Drewbot
Philosopher

The area X stuff was very much like a spoof show.

I am thinking of pitching a sitcom pilot based loosely on the antics of Area X people, Northern Lights and The Guy at BFF who thinks Bigfoot lives in a park in Chicago, I mean seriously, think of the dialogue.

Just the tree break incident would be one 1/2 hour episode.

Then you have your Bigfoot was pretending to be a Log episode

Of course you would have to do an episode on the Echo Incident.

and the Feet tangled in a chair, popping off a few rounds at a rustiling shadow, while falling incident.

The Good N Plenty incident of course

The episode where the lead actor has a pretend flip out about people walking on public property near his area.

The discovery of the nut-cracking station
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2017, 09:44 AM   #138
Jodie
Philosopher

It would be just as good as Mountain Monsters. We missed the boat on commercialization of bigfoot.
Old 11th October 2017, 03:58 PM   #139
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
The area X stuff was very much like a spoof show.

I am thinking of pitching a sitcom pilot based loosely on the antics of Area X people, Northern Lights and The Guy at BFF who thinks Bigfoot lives in a park in Chicago, I mean seriously, think of the dialogue.

Then you have your Bigfoot was pretending to be a Log episode

Of course you would have to do an episode on the Echo Incident.

and the Feet tangled in a chair, popping off a few rounds at a rustiling shadow, while falling incident.

The Good N Plenty incident of course

The episode where the lead actor has a pretend flip out about people walking on public property near his area.

The discovery of the nut-cracking station
Needs more Sasfooty.

Tom McGuane
Old 11th October 2017, 05:29 PM   #140
barehl
Master Poster

I've only watched it a couple of times. On one of the episodes they "almost" captured a fire elemental. That really cracked me up. The hilarious part is that any time they supposedly get near anything interesting the cameras show their faces in closeup instead of whatever they are supposed to be looking at. As I recall, that same pattern was used on ghost hunters and finding bigfoot.
barehl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2017, 05:35 PM   #141
barehl
Master Poster

That's my take. It's a Finding Bigfoot spoof, basically.
So you're saying that the difference is that the "Bigfoot researchers" on Finding Bigfoot don't realize they are chasing nothing and look ridiculous whereas these people have always known.
barehl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2017, 06:29 PM   #142
Jodie
Philosopher

Lately there is some weird bigfoot group that claimed to have a bigfoot body, or something to that affect, and they are leaving clues in the woods for them to follow, kind of like bigfoot MYST.
Old 11th October 2017, 06:30 PM   #143
Pterodactyl
Muse

Originally Posted by barehl View Post
So you're saying that the difference is that the "Bigfoot researchers" on Finding Bigfoot don't realize they are chasing nothing and look ridiculous whereas these people have always known.
I'm saying one is a parody of the other.
I think the producers of Mountain Monsters said something like, "This finding bigfoot crap is ridiculous. Let's turn that up to 11."
And it's pretty funny. Not that I actually watch full episodes of the show, but the youtube clips crack me up. Can't help it.
Old 11th October 2017, 07:02 PM   #144
Jodie
Philosopher

Well it's like a train wreck you can't look away from to me. In one episode the young morbidly obese one was kidnapped and zapped by a bigfoot and left in a catatonic state in an abandoned house. That was pretty funny.
Old 11th October 2017, 10:11 PM   #145
barehl
Master Poster

I think the producers of Mountain Monsters said something like, "This finding bigfoot crap is ridiculous. Let's turn that up to 11."
Or maybe they said, "Duck Dynasty is ridiculous and so is Finding Bigfoot. Wow, what if we combined the two?"
Old 12th October 2017, 12:03 AM   #146
Jodie
Philosopher

They did an excellent job.
Old 13th October 2017, 06:24 PM   #147
The Shrike
Illuminator

So many . . .

Zagnut

coyote pets

screaming at frozen lake to break up the ice with it sonic powers
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2017, 06:48 PM   #148
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

"No one in this world...has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people." HLM

And in this case they've actually made a small fortune by doing exactly that. IMO all these ZR (zero resolution) shows appeal to a certain type who "doesn't wanna think" after 5:00 PM (if they have thoughts at all). So let's watch a bunch of oddly hatted or bearded freaks run around the countryside screaming and yelling at phantoms because abject laziness?! Me thinks they're not "watching" near as much as they're waiting for death with their TV tuned to that channel.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2017, 12:16 PM   #149
Poison Oak
Critical Thinker

Just stumbled across this thread and haven't read Part 1 yet. I'm not a bigfooter but sometimes a thread title catches my interest and I'll peep it out.

I've watched a couple of the shows mentioned in here out of curiosity but I've never heard about the Rob Lowe show y'all are talking about. I don't have much interest in watching people yelling in the woods at night anyways. It's like watching someone fish in a dry pond and expecting to see them catch a big bass.

IMHO the capture of an actual Bigfoot would be known throughout the world looong before any movie or TV show was released, but I'd watch every second of something like that just to see everything that led up to the capture.
Poison Oak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2017, 06:45 AM   #150
Jodie
Philosopher

That's what these shows count on, ignorance and man's interest in finding a potential missing evolutionary link.
Old 16th October 2017, 09:28 AM   #151
Drewbot
Philosopher

That's what these shows count on, ignorance and man's interest in finding a potential missing evolutionary link.
FTFY
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2017, 09:57 AM   #152
Pterodactyl
Muse

FTFY

Probably not worth arguing over, but if you look at the comments below the Youtube links to these clips/shows, it is apparent that the vast majority of the viewership is more interested in mocking the entire premise than buying in to the nonsense.
Old 16th October 2017, 11:55 AM   #153
Drewbot
Philosopher

Probably not worth arguing over, but if you look at the comments below the Youtube links to these clips/shows, it is apparent that the vast majority of the viewership is more interested in mocking the entire premise than buying in to the nonsense.
Yes, I should have added, "They also count on people liking to make fun of Bigfooters and their fool's errand."
Old 18th October 2017, 12:54 PM   #154
mgidm86
Illuminator

Yes, I should have added, "They also count on people liking to make fun of Bigfooters and their fool's errand."

I can't sit through shows like that. Conspiracy theories seem to be gaining momentum recently and I do not want to give them any more ratings. But mainly, I just can't tolerate watching it or listening to people talk about it. I'm over it. It is far from entertaining to me.
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2017, 07:20 AM   #155
Drewbot
Philosopher

No way is Bigfoot going to touch Rob Lowe. Not in Oklahoma, anyway.

Quote:
The locals probably got you all worked up about the "wood ape" because it's kind of cool to say their version of a ghost story got Rob Lowe scared.

Storytelling is something Oklahomans do pretty well. Bigfoot. Spook Light. Hex House.

I'm not sure what happened on that night in the mountains, but it wasn't Sasquatch.

With as many hunters around those parts, one would have already been nabbed and mounted by now.

I think the author agrees, Rob Lowe's hair is too nice for even Bigfoot to muss up.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/ginn...101b7a10e.html
Old 15th November 2017, 12:09 PM   #156
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

I wonder if Woody-the-Bigfoot really and truly knew the cosmic value of having Rob Lowe (the famous Hollywood actor, not the former porn star, wait nevermind) out lookin' for him. He could have cleared the entire matter up in seconds with Rob, but nope not dumb Woody. Now it's all just hints and allegations of hints and allegations and blurry 8x10 glossy photos of dreams that coulda been.
Old 15th November 2017, 10:56 PM   #157
WGBH
Graduate Poster

Hi Harry, Hope all is well with you sir.
Old 16th November 2017, 07:49 AM   #158
Drewbot
Philosopher

WGBH how is it going?

Still on the Bigfoot hunt?
Old 16th November 2017, 09:41 AM   #159
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

WGBH how is it going?

Still on the Bigfoot hunt?
If he is, he should head to Chicago.

Tom McGuane
Old 16th November 2017, 10:21 AM   #160
Drewbot
Philosopher

This song is waiting for an Iron Maiden style guitar riff, and Bruce Dickinson vocals.

Quote:
Giant rocks they crash like thunder
Their numbers I can't count
Never hitting solar panels
barley near the panel's mount
Unloading guns at fleeting shadows
You dare-NOT release the hounds

In the Valley, of the Wood Apes
Just run for coooovver...
Don't cry for heeeeeelp

Giant trees collapsed by muscle
Ant's jaws did not do this.
That log lied prone a moment past
It was there when I did piss.
The after-action live-report
showed our bullets must have missed

Just run for coooovver...
Don't cry for heeeeeelp

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal