ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags astrology , bible predictions , predictions , prophecies

Old 3rd September 2017, 05:39 PM   #1
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Does Irma, North Korea and 23 Sept 2017 fulfill a prophecy?

Conspiracy theorists are claiming 23 Sept 2017 fulfills a prophecy in Revelation 12, because the constellation Virgo has the moon at her feet and the sun near her head, plus 'twelve stars'.

Given that Leo always follows Virgo, I don't think we need to be as concerned as President Donald Trump and Kim Jung-Un in a contretemps about nuclear weapons, and who's got the biggest, or even Storm Irma, now gathering up to 115 mph and a Category 3 storm, which is likely to hit Puerto Rico and even landfall in Florida.

It has 'turned left' and may be heading for New York towards Friday, earliest, or even the Carolinas Tuesday.

So, how should we treat these prophecies and threats?

- Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2017, 05:43 PM   #2
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

How should we treat vague, unfounded prophecy? The way we always do - by ignoring it.
Old 3rd September 2017, 05:45 PM   #3
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Betteridge's Law of Headlines.
Old 3rd September 2017, 05:53 PM   #4
Fast Eddie B
Illuminator

I heard earlier today, in person, that the point where the recent and upcoming eclipse paths cross is right over the largest faultline in the US. That God was getting ready to send a message.

I usually just get quiet when I hear such things, and did this time as well.
Old 3rd September 2017, 06:02 PM   #5
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Be afraid. Be very afraid!

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2017, 06:09 PM   #6
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
I heard earlier today, in person, that the point where the recent and upcoming eclipse paths cross is right over the largest faultline in the US. That God was getting ready to send a message.

I usually just get quiet when I hear such things, and did this time as well.

Oh c'mon... a literally cosmic "X marks the spot"?

What's not to love?

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2017, 06:16 PM   #7
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Ley lines. Did it pass over any ley lines?

Enquiring minds need to know.

Old 3rd September 2017, 06:46 PM   #8
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Ley lines. Did it pass over any ley lines?

Enquiring minds need to know.

Now I have to see if they stopped making The Librarians.

(Don't despise me... it's fun stupid. )

"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2017, 06:59 PM   #9
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

It's like every other prophecy.

Fail.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2017, 07:04 PM   #10
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

I actually opened the thread expecting a Nostradamus quatrain.
I am disappointed.

No, really... that's what I was expecting.

Old 3rd September 2017, 07:38 PM   #11
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Conspiracy theorists are claiming 23 Sept 2017 fulfills a prophecy in Revelation 12, because the constellation Virgo has the moon at her feet and the sun near her head, plus 'twelve stars'.

Given that Leo always follows Virgo, I don't think we need to be as concerned as President Donald Trump and Kim Jung-Un in a contretemps about nuclear weapons, and who's got the biggest, or even Storm Irma, now gathering up to 115 mph and a Category 3 storm, which is likely to hit Puerto Rico and even landfall in Florida.

It has 'turned left' and may be heading for New York towards Friday, earliest, or even the Carolinas Tuesday.

Surely this is a thread for the Conspiracy section?

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2017, 10:55 PM   #12
GT/CS
Illuminator

How can it be a conspiracy????
Old 3rd September 2017, 11:15 PM   #13
Hungry81
Graduate Poster

Give me all your money and earthly possessions. It will absolve you of all your sins. Plus you wont need them anyway.
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2017, 11:41 PM   #14
smartcooky
Philosopher

I'm going to shamelessly steal a line from a user on another forum

"Its a dangerous situation that we've got ourselves into. We've got a megalomaniac fat buffoon with a bad haircut with his finger on the nuclear button. Meanwhile in North Korea they got Kim Jong Un"
- molesworth (Apollohoax.net)
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2017, 11:42 PM   #15
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Be afraid. Be very afraid!
Or you could try being informed, very informed.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2017, 01:43 AM   #16
JJM 777
Illuminator

Does Irma, North Korea and 23 Sept 2017 fulfill a prophecy?
No.

/thread
JJM 777 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2017, 03:14 AM   #17
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Ley lines. Did it pass over any ley lines?.....
A ley line being a line on a map of Britain which passes through 2 historic features. Well, draw a line between any 2 random historic features and extend that line to the coast, and you'll do well to find a line which doesn't run through a third. And that's before we start looking at the projection used in the cartography......
The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place. The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2017, 03:54 AM   #18
Arisia
Muse

Irma is now looking like it's going to run between Cuba and Florida, so most likely no turn to the north/north east for a run up the Atlantic coast.
Arisia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2017, 04:20 AM   #19
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
How can it be a conspiracy????
Because here are a whole plethora of youtube videos being put up to scare the bejasus out of the unwitting.

Who knows who is behind this attack on Western gullibility <fx taps side of nose knowingly>.

Old 4th September 2017, 04:22 AM   #20
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hungry81 View Post
Give me all your money and earthly possessions. It will absolve you of all your sins. Plus you wont need them anyway.
Here you are then.

Locker 364 Köln Station.

Let me know when I am absolved. A certificate to that effect will be great.

Thanks in advance.

Old 4th September 2017, 04:23 AM   #21
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
I'm going to shamelessly steal a line from a user on another forum

"Its a dangerous situation that we've got ourselves into. We've got a megalomaniac fat buffoon with a bad haircut with his finger on the nuclear button. Meanwhile in North Korea they got Kim Jong Un"
- molesworth (Apollohoax.net)
How come they are always 'fat'?

Old 4th September 2017, 04:34 AM   #22
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
A ley line being a line on a map of Britain which passes through 2 historic features. Well, draw a line between any 2 random historic features and extend that line to the coast, and you'll do well to find a line which doesn't run through a third. And that's before we start looking at the projection used in the cartography......
I vaguely recall that's the Graham Hancock/Dan Brown brigade. There's suppposed to be a said line linking the major cathedrals across France and England, all linked to the bloodline of Jesus and Mary <wink wink>.

We have a a major ley line in Camden Town, where five major roads meet.

Camden market attracts 60K visitors a week (so claims the PR guys). <fx twilight zone theme>

Old 4th September 2017, 04:35 AM   #23
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Arisia View Post
Irma is now looking like it's going to run between Cuba and Florida, so most likely no turn to the north/north east for a run up the Atlantic coast.
Shhhh. Why ruin a good public scare?

Old 4th September 2017, 04:44 AM   #24
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
I actually opened the thread expecting a Nostradamus quatrain.
I am disappointed.

No, really... that's what I was expecting.
Nostradamus? You want Nostradamus. OK. Nostradamus, he say:

Quote:
THIRD BIG WAR: WORLD WAR WILL BEGIN Global: Reduction in natural resources because of global warming will result in armed conflicts all around the world. The pope will die in 2017. The #1 energy will be solar power. We will see new kinds of travel: space travel and orbital flight around the globe. World War III may happen, and we would see the representation of the “Anti Christ” as the leader of that war and his coming attacks on the world, finally torn apart by chaos. What do you think, had the french physician a spiritual gift and really predicted future events? READ MORE: http://www.disclose.tv/news/nostrada...or_2017/137136
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

(https://youtu.be/CnFLkJ1l6qU)

Old 4th September 2017, 06:14 AM   #25
Arisia
Muse

If Irma heads into the Gulf of Mexico, it won't just be a public scare, it will be a real danger for Gulf Coast states, a couple of which really don't need another hurricane landfall this year, of course.

Last edited by Arisia; 4th September 2017 at 06:15 AM.
Arisia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2017, 06:17 AM   #26
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

What about the wildfires in California? Don't forget the wildfires in California!
Old 4th September 2017, 06:42 AM   #27
Argumemnon
World Maker

Same as all the other ones.

Argumemnon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2017, 07:53 AM   #28
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
How come they are always 'fat'?
Poor diet and not enough exercise.
Old 4th September 2017, 02:18 PM   #29
Hungry81
Graduate Poster

Here you are then.

Locker 364 Köln Station.

Let me know when I am absolved. A certificate to that effect will be great.

Thanks in advance.
On my recipt of the goods, your chosen diety will cause to materialise a certificate of piety and sainthood in your near vicinity. Of course once the certificate becomes a material posession you must turn it over to me.

I just have to book my trip to Koln Station sometime in the next 60 years.

Last edited by Hungry81; 4th September 2017 at 02:22 PM.
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2017, 02:30 PM   #30
Steve
Master Poster

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
What about the wildfires in California? Don't forget the wildfires in California!
And wildfires in British Columbia. Our wildfires are bigger . Some have been burning since June.
Old 4th September 2017, 03:48 PM   #31
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

I doubt that Hurricane Irma will make landfall in North Korea on Sept. 23, 2017. However, if it did, it might solve some problems.

"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky

"I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!"
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2017, 04:07 PM   #32
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

There are no such things as prophecies
Old 4th September 2017, 04:43 PM   #33
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

You know, some of us live in the path of this storm and it's more than the meaningless game you're making of it. Why don't you go do something that matters? On this topic, you're not value added.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2017, 04:55 PM   #34
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
And wildfires in British Columbia. Our wildfires are bigger . Some have been burning since June.
I'm in British Columbia right now and don't see any flames. Fake News!
Old 4th September 2017, 05:26 PM   #35
Steve
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I'm in British Columbia right now and don't see any flames. Fake News!
Sorry, no. Just because you can see BC does not mean you are in it.

And all our news is fake. Nothing ever happens here so we have to make it up to keep the newscasters employed. You would know that if you were actually here.
Old 4th September 2017, 05:36 PM   #36
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
You know, some of us live in the path of this storm and it's more than the meaningless game you're making of it. Why don't you go do something that matters? On this topic, you're not value added.
It might be a good idea to make plans to go away this weekend, when Irma is due to touch on South Florida.

In the meantime it is the Caribbean Islands of the Leeward Islands, Cuba, Puerto Rico who are more likely to bear the full brunt.

As British Airways and American Airlines have already cancelled flights in those regions, they have little chance of getting away.

For now, it is wise to be prepared, but it is not certain it will effect Florida.

Last edited by Vixen; 4th September 2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 4th September 2017, 05:39 PM   #37
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
There are no such things as prophecies
Correction -- There are no such things as useful prophecies.
Old 5th September 2017, 05:03 PM   #38
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Correction -- There are no such things as useful prophecies.
A weather forecast is a prophecy.

Old 5th September 2017, 05:04 PM   #39
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Knock, knock

Who's there?

Irmageddon

Irmageddon who?

Irmageddon outta here.

I'll get my coat.

Old 5th September 2017, 06:25 PM   #40
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

A weather forecast is a prophecy.
This is incorrect. Weather forecasting is a science. Let's not lump meteorologists in with tarot card readers or cold reading.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal