ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags General Skepticism humor , logical fallacies , pedophilia conspiracies

Reply
Old 2nd October 2017, 01:45 AM   #321
Henri McPhee
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,820
I simply can't believe it.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 01:46 AM   #322
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 1,781
From the BBC today:
The police spent £1.3 million on an enquiry that produced no convictions, and was based, says an insider, on "the allegations of a handful of fantasists."
This, Henri McPhee, is what happens when people like you are taken seriously. Note also that there was an investigation, not a cover-up, and that it was widely reported.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41461053
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 01:49 AM   #323
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 1,781
Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Just because you are question mark challenged doesn't mean it's not a question...
It's an indirect question, so still a question.

Where was the "fun" part of this thread? I seem to have missed it.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 02:10 AM   #324
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,575
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
I simply can't believe it.
Is this a first?
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 03:37 AM   #325
Jhau
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 54
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
There was a paedophile scandal a few years ago involving Lord Robertson, a Scot with a senior position in Nato at the time. That was a position of influence and he resigned:
Do you have any reference for that claim, apart from Rense?

A quick skim through the internet shows that Lord Robertson announced in January 2003 that he would be stepping down as NATO Secretary-General in December 2003. If there was a scandal, it certainly didn't cause him to resign in a hurry!
Jhau is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 08:39 AM   #326
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 1,781
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
More baseless witch-hunting. If they were paedophiles, they would be paedophiles. No _ _ _ _, Sherlock. Do you have any evidence, or are you just mud-slinging?


No, there wasn't, and no, he didn't.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/23/wo...bertson&st=nyt
Originally Posted by Jhau View Post
Do you have any reference for that claim, apart from Rense?

A quick skim through the internet shows that Lord Robertson announced in January 2003 that he would be stepping down as NATO Secretary-General in December 2003. If there was a scandal, it certainly didn't cause him to resign in a hurry!
As I said upthread, there was no scandal. In fact, they asked him to stay for one more year.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 09:04 AM   #327
Henri McPhee
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,820
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
From the BBC today:
The police spent £1.3 million on an enquiry that produced no convictions, and was based, says an insider, on "the allegations of a handful of fantasists."
This, Henri McPhee, is what happens when people like you are taken seriously. Note also that there was an investigation, not a cover-up, and that it was widely reported.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41461053
This matter is difficult to detect if Heath's former colleagues all categorically deny it and the victims are regarded by the police as fruitloops. The Mail on Sunday and the Chief Constable of Wiltshire are a bit more sceptical:

http://www.barthsnotes.com/2017/10/0...se-allegations

Quote:
Posted on October 1, 2017 by Richard Bartholomew
Also: Questions about briefing given to Andrew Bridgen MP

Less than a week before Wiltshire Police finally publish its summary report into allegations of child sex abuse against former Prime Minister Edward Heath, the*Mail on Sunday has now given an overview of what the report will say:
42 claims of child sex abuse[,] including] at least one rape of an underage boy. Most alleged victims were boys aged 11 to 15;

Some were rent boys or from ‘low-life’ backgrounds. Others were boys he encountered elsewhere. Nine of the 42 claims were already on police files, in some cases for decades, but had been dismissed;

Allegations date from the mid- 1950s when he was Chief Whip to the 1990s when he was in his 70s;

Places where alleged crimes occurred are generally referred to as ‘public places’. At least one is said to have happened in a hotel.**Two allegations were made by ‘senior professionals’.

…The inquiry was told by a retired Wiltshire policeman that plans to prosecute an individual in the 1990s were dropped when the person threatened to claim in court that they had procured rent boys for Sir Edward.

Last week (as I discussed here), the same paper said that “sources” had confirmed that Heath would have been interviewed under caution on seven of the counts; this was treated as a particularly sensational detail, although in terms of evidence it means very little in itself.

Last edited by Henri McPhee; 2nd October 2017 at 09:11 AM.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 10:14 AM   #328
Pacal
Muse
 
Pacal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 848
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Why get all ad hominem?

The images and quotes she presents tell their own story. What's that term for not looking at data ? I dont know, maybe its something like shooting the messenger.

(not saying you did not look, btw)

eta
Why get all ad hominem when images and quotes tell their own story?
Judith Reisman is a certified nut job. Who believes a great deal of nonsense and lies habitually.

For example regarding Gays. Reisman believes that Homosexuals systematically recruit people into their evil "lifestyle". And Reisman believes that the Nazi Movement was a creation of the German homosexual movement who were also to a large extent responsible for the Holocaust. The fact the German Gays were victimized by the Nazis she regards has a myth. And Ms. Reisman believes that the modern American homosexual movement is much like the Nazis movement and like them is planning mass atrocities. Her nonsense isn't confined to demonizing Gay people it extends to other areas.

There is absolutely no reason to take anything produced by this nut bar seriously
Pacal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 10:26 AM   #329
Bubba
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,348
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
From the BBC today:
The police spent £1.3 million on an enquiry that produced no convictions, and was based, says an insider, on "the allegations of a handful of fantasists."
This, Henri McPhee, is what happens when people like you are taken seriously. Note also that there was an investigation, not a cover-up, and that it was widely reported.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41461053
I hesitate to believe as I am reminded that sometimes investigations can actually be cover-ups. Naturally we sometimes may not know whether or not we are looking at a high level cover up. Trust in media is another issue. Sometimes accusations are false too.

The world wide cover-up by the black robe pedophiles in power being an example. Although that problem was recently exposed and prosecuted somewhat, it could still be happening somewhere. It was members of the clergy rather than members of the judiciary in robes. As far as I know we have not yet heard of this problem in the judiciary.

Then there is the ubiquitous impediment of denial among certain types, other citizens, parents, and peers & colleagues of the pedos. I'd guess police are the least susceptible to this denial. They work the streets. Then there is the information system's record of reliability, and connections to power to consider. Government has placed agents in gatekeeper positions in media for other reasons, a glimpse of the range of possibilities in one arena of corrupted power, and the black arts of deception.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 10:37 AM   #330
Bubba
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,348
Originally Posted by Pacal View Post
Judith Reisman is a certified nut job. Who believes a great deal of nonsense and lies habitually.

For example regarding Gays. Reisman believes that Homosexuals systematically recruit people into their evil "lifestyle". And Reisman believes that the Nazi Movement was a creation of the German homosexual movement who were also to a large extent responsible for the Holocaust. The fact the German Gays were victimized by the Nazis she regards has a myth. And Ms. Reisman believes that the modern American homosexual movement is much like the Nazis movement and like them is planning mass atrocities. Her nonsense isn't confined to demonizing Gay people it extends to other areas.

There is absolutely no reason to take anything produced by this nut bar seriously


I saw a piece recently about the folly of blindness to real data based on that type attitude.


I doubt you would always look away from any and all actual data unearthed by nutbars going about their business.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 10:40 AM   #331
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,451
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
This matter is difficult to detect if Heath's former colleagues all categorically deny it and the victims are regarded by the police as fruitloops. The Mail on Sunday and the Chief Constable of Wiltshire are a bit more sceptical:

http://www.barthsnotes.com/2017/10/0...se-allegations
Wow. the Daily Fail cited as a source. Get over it.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 10:42 AM   #332
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,451
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
I saw a piece recently about the folly of blindness to real data based on that type attitude.


I doubt you would always look away from any and all actual data unearthed by nutbars going about their business.
And the diamond tipped drill of fact. How does that figure into your reality?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 11:01 AM   #333
Bubba
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,348
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
And the diamond tipped drill of fact. How does that figure into your reality?

Fact used to be better than it is now. Before things like operation mockingbird produced phony facts. Afterward, I was in fact disappointed to find some facts were in fact fake facts. In fact I'd like to have a reliable deception detector device installed please. Got any extra?

Last edited by Bubba; 2nd October 2017 at 11:02 AM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 12:50 PM   #334
phiwum
Philosopher
 
phiwum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,468
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Wow. That woman needs help.
Eh, she makes a point. There's a weird juxtaposition of little girl photos with nudies, don't you think?

Mind, such a point does nothing at all to establish the conspiracy of pedos that is at issue here.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 01:28 PM   #335
Pacal
Muse
 
Pacal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 848
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
I saw a piece recently about the folly of blindness to real data based on that type attitude.


I doubt you would always look away from any and all actual data unearthed by nutbars going about their business.
You are assuming that Ms. Reisman produces or produced in this case "real data". My point was that she habitually lies, fabricates and distorts to support her koo-koo agenda and therefore is extremely unlikely to produce any "real data". But then that is not the purpose of her "research". The purpose of her research is to support her nut bar beliefs.

Her beliefs about Gay people "recruiting" and founding the Nazis movement etc., are supported by her fabricated "research" and that "research" is nonsensical and a pack of lies / distortions. Given Ms. Reisman's track record of falsification etc., why should she be taken seriously about anything?

And yes I would at the very least seriously question the value of research done by all nut bars, especially in a case like this where the nut bar in question already has a history of distortion, fabrication and lying. Ms. Reisman has a Socio-political agenda and is dedicated to advancing that agenda by any and all means. This "research" paper on Playboy is obviously in further service of that agenda.

Oh I did read the paper. It is hilarious. It's fantasies and assumptions are laughable. Ms. Reisman has issues.
Pacal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 02:18 PM   #336
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,451
Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Eh, she makes a point. There's a weird juxtaposition of little girl photos with nudies, don't you think?
Nope, she simply makes utter crap up. If you fold it in quarters and turn it left 45 degrees, then yes, it does look like a flock of geese. There is a huge difference between pareidolia and willful invention.

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Mind, such a point does nothing at all to establish the conspiracy of pedos that is at issue here.
Correct. Pedos exist in all walks of life. Is there some over-arching pedo-ring of power? Sure. And Sauron is real. Really, it is the very same as the satanic panic of years ago, or McCarthy's reds under the bed crap.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 03:22 PM   #337
ddt
Mafia Penguin
 
ddt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 17,426
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Operation Conifer, Operation Yewtree... no wonder the English police doesn't find these pedo rings, they can't see the forest for the trees. Wake up sheeple, connect the trees dots!
__________________
Founder of the group "The Truth about Anjezë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu aka Mother Teresa"

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 03:28 PM   #338
ddt
Mafia Penguin
 
ddt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 17,426
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Correct. Pedos exist in all walks of life. Is there some over-arching pedo-ring of power? Sure. And Sauron is real. Really, it is the very same as the satanic panic of years ago, or McCarthy's reds under the bed crap.
I'm really surprised that Valerie Sinason hasn't turned up in this thread yet. She knows so many details about these satanic child abuse rings, up to the colours of the robes of their high priests. And I disagree with "years ago", as most of these SRA inventing therapists, Sinason is still pushing it.
__________________
Founder of the group "The Truth about Anjezë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu aka Mother Teresa"

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 03:58 PM   #339
Bubba
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,348
Quote:
Quote:
by abaddon View Post
Wow. That woman needs help.
Quote:
Eh, she makes a point. There's a weird juxtaposition of little girl photos with nudies, don't you think?
"a point"....yes.

To me the juxtaposition of little girl photos with nudies is a data point. As in a piece of raw data. A fact. No matter who notices it and writes about it.

Quote:
Pacal said:
You are assuming that Ms. Reisman produces or produced in this case "real data". My point was that she habitually lies, fabricates and distorts to support her koo-koo agenda and therefore is extremely unlikely to produce any "real data".
The juxtaposition of little girl photos with nudies is a data point. If the playmate's kiddie pics fold out across the nude centerfold pic frequented by the 'readers', and if Hefner said nothing is by accident in his magazine....its not a coincidence 'readers' can view both simultaneously, as she wrote.

Facts are facts even if monkeys point us to notice the juxtaposition of the pics.

Last edited by Bubba; 2nd October 2017 at 03:59 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 04:29 PM   #340
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,451
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
"a point"....yes.

To me the juxtaposition of little girl photos with nudies is a data point. As in a piece of raw data. A fact. No matter who notices it and writes about it.



The juxtaposition of little girl photos with nudies is a data point. If the playmate's kiddie pics fold out across the nude centerfold pic frequented by the 'readers', and if Hefner said nothing is by accident in his magazine....its not a coincidence 'readers' can view both simultaneously, as she wrote.

Facts are facts even if monkeys point us to notice the juxtaposition of the pics.
Sorry, it is a bit of a stretch to imagine that origami is a pre-requisite for paedophilia. That is just messed up.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 04:57 PM   #341
Pacal
Muse
 
Pacal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 848
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
"a point"....yes.

To me the juxtaposition of little girl photos with nudies is a data point. As in a piece of raw data. A fact. No matter who notices it and writes about it.
The juxtaposition of little girl photos and nude photos does not prove in the slightest a pedo purpose. Ms. Reisman is simply engaged in looking for a pattern which of course she will find because it fits her agenda. The idea that this is designed to habituate people to pedo practices is utter bull and something Ms. Reisman pulled from her backside.

Please present the evidence that pedophiles use Playboy for erotic purposes in any numbers.

Quote:
The juxtaposition of little girl photos with nudies is a data point. If the playmate's kiddie pics fold out across the nude centerfold pic frequented by the 'readers', and if Hefner said nothing is by accident in his magazine....its not a coincidence 'readers' can view both simultaneously, as she wrote.

Facts are facts even if monkeys point us to notice the juxtaposition of the pics.
Yes facts are facts. And the following are also "data points". Ms. Reisman is liar, distorter and true believer out on a crusade against "evil". She deliberately and coolly lies to advance her agenda has illustrated by her lies about Gay people. She is to use a descriptor a fanatic who does not hesitate to use foul means to destroy her enemies.

Her "research" about Playboy's alleged, fantasized pedo agenda is par for the course for a established liar and falsifier. Ms. Reisman's fantasies regarding the reasons for the juxtaposition is of course just that deranged fantasies.

Please present the "evidence" that pedophiles routinely masturbate to such juxtapositions. Also present the evidence that Playboy was deliberately playing for the pedo market.

All we have is the fantasies of a well established liar and fabricator who fantasizes that the juxtaposition of such photos is done to advance some sort of pedo agenda for which she presents zero evidence.

Ms. Reisman noted a juxtaposition and ignores the obvious reasons why such photos were used and then fantasizes a pedo agenda. And this fits perfectly her agenda which she advances through lying, distortions and fabrications.

The fact is it is virtually impossible to take such a manipulative, lying nut bar seriously about anything. How is that for a data point.
Pacal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 04:58 PM   #342
Bubba
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,348
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Sorry, it is a bit of a stretch to imagine that origami is a pre-requisite for paedophilia. That is just messed up.

Since no one said that specifically...it appears as revision per agenda...ie isnt that one of the ways that strawmen find their way into this world?

Its no stretch that playmate kiddie pics unfolding to allow viewing with the adult monthly centerfold focal points could promote fantasy/thoughts involving kids.

If people not born as pedos could thereby become a threat to kids, it matters.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 05:31 PM   #343
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,451
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Since no one said that specifically...it appears as revision per agenda...ie isnt that one of the ways that strawmen find their way into this world?
No. Your wild claim, your burden of proof.

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Its no stretch that playmate kiddie pics unfolding to allow viewing with the adult monthly centerfold focal points could promote fantasy/thoughts involving kids.
Except that it is. Your inventive origami is more indicative of your state of mind.

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
If people not born as pedos could thereby become a threat to kids, it matters.
And that just paints you as a pedo. Sad.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 05:54 PM   #344
Bubba
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,348
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
No. Your wild claim, your burden of proof.

Except that it is. Your inventive origami is more indicative of your state of mind.

And that just paints you as a pedo. Sad.
Bravo

You're a real hoot
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 06:39 PM   #345
Bubba
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,348
Originally Posted by Pacal View Post
The juxtaposition of little girl photos and nude photos does not prove in the slightest a pedo purpose. Ms. Reisman is simply engaged in looking for a pattern which of course she will find because it fits her agenda. The idea that this is designed to habituate people to pedo practices is utter bull and something Ms. Reisman pulled from her backside.

Please present the evidence that pedophiles use Playboy for erotic purposes in any numbers.

Yes facts are facts. And the following are also "data points". Ms. Reisman is liar, distorter and true believer out on a crusade against "evil". She deliberately and coolly lies to advance her agenda has illustrated by her lies about Gay people. She is to use a descriptor a fanatic who does not hesitate to use foul means to destroy her enemies.

Her "research" about Playboy's alleged, fantasized pedo agenda is par for the course for a established liar and falsifier. Ms. Reisman's fantasies regarding the reasons for the juxtaposition is of course just that deranged fantasies.

Please present the "evidence" that pedophiles routinely masturbate to such juxtapositions. ...

...Also present the evidence that Playboy was deliberately playing for the pedo market.

The paper is primarily about sexualization of kids by playboy. Boys and girls.
I would not claim either of your two were (hilited items) I did not see them asserted by anyone. Hence, they remind me of strawmen.


Below is the only appearance, once, of the p-word:

...the new four-fold design creates neuronal pathways that must link innocent children with strong Playboy orgasm-based stimuli. Inevitably this stimuli effects how children inside and outside the home are perceived and treated by pedophiles and/or Playboy users.


I posted the paper because it seemed relevant. It seemed to imply that the juxtaposed kid pics could promote pedo like thinking in non pedos. If I am wrong about that, so be it. The sexualization of kids in general is relevant IMO. I think the paper correctly portrays how playboy sexualized kids, and then quit when someone turned a light on it.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 06:52 PM   #346
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 17,638
Pedophiles in power in Europe and hollywood

Playboy makes their centerfold 1/3 bigger.

A sane person thinks “bigger photo of naked centerfold”

A nut bar thinks it’s to allow would-be pedophiles to view the younger photos from a different page folded up against the centerfold’s stomach or whatever.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 07:14 PM   #347
Pacal
Muse
 
Pacal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 848
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacal View Post

The juxtaposition of little girl photos and nude photos does not prove in the slightest a pedo purpose. Ms. Reisman is simply engaged in looking for a pattern which of course she will find because it fits her agenda. The idea that this is designed to habituate people to pedo practices is utter bull and something Ms. Reisman pulled from her backside.

Please present the evidence that pedophiles use Playboy for erotic purposes in any numbers.

Yes facts are facts. And the following are also "data points". Ms. Reisman is a liar, distorter and true believer out on a crusade against "evil". She deliberately and coolly lies to advance her agenda has illustrated by her lies about Gay people. She is to use a descriptor a fanatic who does not hesitate to use foul means to destroy her enemies.

Her "research" about Playboy's alleged, fantasized pedo agenda is par for the course for a established liar and falsifier. Ms. Reisman's fantasies regarding the reasons for the juxtaposition is of course just that deranged fantasies.

Please present the "evidence" that pedophiles routinely masturbate to such juxtapositions. ...

...Also present the evidence that Playboy was deliberately playing for the pedo market.
The paper is primarily about sexualization of kids by playboy. Boys and girls.
I would not claim either of your two were (hilited items) I did not see them asserted by anyone. Hence, they remind me of strawmen.
Nope the paper was primarily about fanatic / liar who distorted and falsified to advance an agenda. I have read other pieces of crap by this liar and the insinuations in the paper you refer too are rather clear and they more than just subtly hint that Playboy was playing to the pedo market. Of course if there was no actual plan to corrupt Americas morals by planting pedo propaganda, deliberately in Playboy, then of course Ms. Reisman's grand narrative of a vast conspiracy to corrupt America's morals and turn us over to the Gay Mafia planning another Holocaust. If it just sexualization of children done without such an intent then Ms. Reisman's grand narrative falls apart.

Quote:
Below is the only appearance, once, of the p-word:

...the new four-fold design creates neuronal pathways that must link innocent children with strong Playboy orgasm-based stimuli. Inevitably this stimuli effects how children inside and outside the home are perceived and treated by pedophiles and/or Playboy users.
God what a collection of addled bull*! I note that it seems to exactly say that pedophiles and others will masturbate to this stimuli. Of course Ms. Reisman presents zero evidence for her neuronal pathways etc., bull.

Quote:
I posted the paper because it seemed relevant. It seemed to imply that the juxtaposed kid pics could promote pedo like thinking in non pedos. If I am wrong about that, so be it. The sexualization of kids in general is relevant IMO. I think the paper correctly portrays how playboy sexualized kids, and then quit when someone turned a light on it.
You do realize that the sexualization of children in our society is sadly very common. Just look at infant Beauty Pageants, and other crap. Or are Beauty Pageants for kids part of the conspiracy? But you see Ms. Reisman had and has little interest in that. She is a believer in a massive conspiracy to corrupt American morals and lead us down the garden path to a depraved future of totalitarian horror. Thus her writings and "research" are all tailored to prove this point in her battle to impose her vision of proper morality. Thus she demonizes Gay people, focuses on Playboy Magazine and ignores such things as the Purity Balls etc., which don't fit her agenda.

Ms. Reisman is a liar and a certified conspiracy spouting loon. All of which is easily documented. Nothing she says or writes can be taken seriously until proven otherwise.
Pacal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 08:37 PM   #348
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 21,467
Now I'm ready to entertain the notion, advocated by many, that the Playboy portrayal of femininity is not the best, and that women can be and no doubt are exploited in all sorts of ways, and that the Playboy bunny and centerfold and what not represent something far less than the best in society. But if, as a start, we accept that the nude centerfold pinup sort of image is not itself wrong, then let's get real. Those women did not spring fully formed from the head of Zeus or something. They are people who were little girls before they were women, and if one is trying, however feebly, to characterize them as whole people, then one of the rather obvious things to do is to tell their life story as people, and guess what? That story begins with them as little girls. Maybe, just maybe, the craziness is not in the way the story is told, but in the way it is read by misguided mushheads who can't themselves look at a little girl without immersing her in their own fantasy of lewdness.
__________________
Sir, I have found you an argument; but I am not obliged to find you an understanding. (Samuel Johnson)

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2017, 06:30 AM   #349
Marcus
Master Poster
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,668
Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Now I'm ready to entertain the notion, advocated by many, that the Playboy portrayal of femininity is not the best, and that women can be and no doubt are exploited in all sorts of ways, and that the Playboy bunny and centerfold and what not represent something far less than the best in society. But if, as a start, we accept that the nude centerfold pinup sort of image is not itself wrong, then let's get real. Those women did not spring fully formed from the head of Zeus or something. They are people who were little girls before they were women, and if one is trying, however feebly, to characterize them as whole people, then one of the rather obvious things to do is to tell their life story as people, and guess what? That story begins with them as little girls. Maybe, just maybe, the craziness is not in the way the story is told, but in the way it is read by misguided mushheads who can't themselves look at a little girl without immersing her in their own fantasy of lewdness.
One would think this would be obvious to everyone other than dingbats like the author of that piece but evidently not.
Marcus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2017, 07:12 AM   #350
Dabop
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Oz
Posts: 389
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Henri, you appear to be eagerly quoting every baseless, ******** witchhunt claim you can find. Is it actually your plan to cry wolf so many times that everyone ceases to believe child molesters even exist?
This point has been made many times about several "satanic pedophile ring" hoax promoters in the UK, one of whom actually hosted a convicted pedophile in her own home, then delayed reporting his disappearance when he fled to escape justice
Others regularly promote extreme views and associate them with the known hoaxes concerning satanic child abuse/murders etc (ie that they happen when no evidence exists that they did happen, some have been investigated and found to be false)

So yes there is considerable speculation that at least some of these people are doing it deliberately in order to promote the idea that anyone who reports child abuse is a nutcase, something that real abusers and pedo's would find very helpful

This in no way validates the 'pedophiles rule hollywood/parliament' narrative the hoaxers often promote, but does make one wonder about their real motives when they continue to associate with known child abusers/molesters IRL....
__________________
It's a kind of a strawman thing in that it's exactly a strawman thing. Loss Leader
Dabop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2017, 07:26 AM   #351
Dabop
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Oz
Posts: 389
And seriously...
rense.com???
trash is an insult to real garbage!
(real garbage was at one tme useful, rense.com has never had that distinction)

If rense said the sun rose in the east, I'd be waking up tomorrow and looking west to watch it rise there
because its MUCH more likely the earths rotation stopped and started again going backwards than 'the truth' as appears on rense.com being anything like the truth...
__________________
It's a kind of a strawman thing in that it's exactly a strawman thing. Loss Leader
Dabop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2017, 09:20 AM   #352
Axxman300
Graduate Poster
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 1,995
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
The paper is primarily about sexualization of kids by playboy. Boys and girls.
I would not claim either of your two were (hilited items) I did not see them asserted by anyone. Hence, they remind me of strawmen.
You don't give a crap about pedophilia, you are only here to troll. Don't lecture us about straw-men when you're the basket weaver here.


Quote:
Below is the only appearance, once, of the p-word:

...the new four-fold design creates neuronal pathways that must link innocent children with strong Playboy orgasm-based stimuli. Inevitably this stimuli effects how children inside and outside the home are perceived and treated by pedophiles and/or Playboy users.
And it's a lie. A LIE.

This is the kind of BS you get when a layman tries to make a scientific statement with out having the background, nor doing the research, and making a claim based on uniformed observations.


Quote:
I posted the paper because it seemed relevant. It seemed to imply that the juxtaposed kid pics could promote pedo like thinking in non pedos. If I am wrong about that, so be it. The sexualization of kids in general is relevant IMO. I think the paper correctly portrays how playboy sexualized kids, and then quit when someone turned a light on it.
You can't promote pedophilia. There is no advertising that can take a normal adult and make them comfortable buggering little kids. Playboy included the photos of their centerfold's family photos as part of their "Girl Next Door" narrative (usually showing how they grew out of their awkward phase).

The real causes of pedophilia are many, some are subtle, and a few are tragic. Many predators have suffered brain injuries (concussions) as children, which led to abnormal learned behaviors in puberty which they never grow out of as adults. Example: Playing doctor. Many of us did that as kids. The pedophile did it too, but due to brain injury he never grows out of that first encounter with another naked human, and that age is frozen in their mind. Normal people mature in their desires and expectations while the pedophile never does.

Playboy magazine has nothing to do with this.

The major change in the pedophilia word is the internet. They can now find each other and share their sick pornography with ease, and thanks to the dark web, undetected.

None of the material they share is Playboy.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2017, 09:44 AM   #353
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 1,781
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
This matter is difficult to detect if Heath's former colleagues all categorically deny it and the victims are regarded by the police as fruitloops. The Mail on Sunday and the Chief Constable of Wiltshire are a bit more sceptical:

http://www.barthsnotes.com/2017/10/0...se-allegations
Well, for a start, these are unevidenced claims about a report yet to be released, from unknown sources, from a paper notorious for inaccurate and untruthful reporting.
Secondly, the report is a police investigation into the allegations. It should come as no surprise to anyone that this report would mention the allegations. What the article does not say, of course, is whether the allegations were true: it says only that the police would have questioned Heath if he had still been alive.

The Mail is trying very hard to make something out of nothing, methinks.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2017, 09:58 AM   #354
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 1,781
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
I hesitate to believe as I am reminded that sometimes investigations can actually be cover-ups. Naturally we sometimes may not know whether or not we are looking at a high level cover up. Trust in media is another issue. Sometimes accusations are false too.
I refer you back to my comment about baseless witchhunting.
Someone is accused of paedophilia. They deny it. "Aha!" scream the witchhunters, "He must be guilty! We don't believe you! Send in the police!"
The police investigate. No evidence is found. "Aha!", cry the witchhunters, "It's a cover-up! The government is protecting their own!"
This is exactly how the witch-hunts of old were conducted. Once accused, there was simply no way to prove your innocence. Most of us look back at this time with a sense of horror and pity, that so many were subjected to mock trials, in a travesty of justice based on hysteria and spite. You, however, appear to be wishing for its return. Do you really want to live in a world in which justice is conductd on a basis of inescapable accusations, rather than evidence?
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
The world wide cover-up by the black robe pedophiles in power being an example. Although that problem was recently exposed and prosecuted somewhat, it could still be happening somewhere. It was members of the clergy rather than members of the judiciary in robes. As far as I know we have not yet heard of this problem in the judiciary.
And yet it was uncovered, very publicly so. If powerful clergy could not protect themselves from investigation, why do you contend that politicians could?
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Then there is the ubiquitous impediment of denial among certain types, other citizens, parents, and peers & colleagues of the pedos. I'd guess police are the least susceptible to this denial. They work the streets. Then there is the information system's record of reliability, and connections to power to consider. Government has placed agents in gatekeeper positions in media for other reasons, a glimpse of the range of possibilities in one arena of corrupted power, and the black arts of deception.
No-one wants to believe their friends/ colleagues/ loved ones could be child abusers. That is entirely natural. It has no bearing on the progress of police investigations. Every mother everywhere has said that about her criminal son or daughter, yet trials and punishments are carried out regardless.

Evidence, please, for this allegation of government-placed "gatekeepers" in the media whose job it is to protect child abusers from publicity. Or indeed, for any other purpose.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2017, 11:31 AM   #355
Bubba
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,348
Quote:
cosmic yak said

Evidence, please, for this allegation of government-placed "gatekeepers" in the media whose job it is to protect child abusers from publicity. Or indeed, for any other purpose.

Surely you have heard of Operation Mockingbird. We were told it was discontinued after it got outed. We were not told whether or not it was re-named and continues to this day.

Quote:
government-placed "gatekeepers" in the media whose job it is to protect child abusers from publicity
I doubt there is any evidence of "gatekeepers" in the media whose job it is to protect child abusers from publicity, like media not reporting JFK's extramarital exploits back then.

I am not btw saying there actually are gatekeepers in the media whose job it is to protect child abusers from publicity.

Of course your straw government-placed media pedo protectors never existed. Never will. Thats how good straw is made. Of course there were volunteer pedo protecting gatekeepers back in the day. Could still be.

Off topic musing:

I wonder if there is data on what % of strawmen are created unintentionally vs intentionally. I have been in face to face conversations where I was sure some were made unintentionally, which is interesting. Intentionally placed strawmen are easy to understand and not so interesting. The spontaneous unconscious creation of unintentional strawmen is more interesting, IMO.

Last edited by Bubba; 3rd October 2017 at 11:37 AM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2017, 11:55 AM   #356
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,086
Yeah... none of that is the evidence that was being asked for.
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2017, 02:27 PM   #357
Bubba
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,348
Originally Posted by Tomtomkent View Post
Yeah... none of that is the evidence that was being asked for.


Wow. Of course, demand evidence for a made up strawman.

Cute.

It was like this, my bold:

Evidence, please, for this (non-existent) allegation of (non-existent) government-placed "gatekeepers" in the media whose job it is to protect child abusers from publicity. Or indeed, for any other purpose.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2017, 02:38 PM   #358
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle
 
tinribmancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,403
Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
Seriously, does Google not work where you live?
From the last report that we have over here, it would seem that the Bubbalonian empire has never heard of the name "Google" to begin with.

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Shouldn't this be in humour?

Not because it's funny, but where else could silly stuff go.
Maybe a new subforum should be made?
__________________
"Bravery Is Not A Function Of Firepower."

JC Denton

tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2017, 03:11 PM   #359
Bubba
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,348
The Strawman. Intentional or unintentional

Sometimes when strawman shows up I wonder whether it was was placed intentionally vs unintentionally.

I wonder is the writer serious, or are they intentionally throwing off the discussion, (the latter being the definition of the term of course).

How can one know?
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2017, 03:41 PM   #360
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,309
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Wow. Of course, demand evidence for a made up strawman.

Cute.

It was like this, my bold:

Evidence, please, for this (non-existent) allegation of (non-existent) government-placed "gatekeepers" in the media whose job it is to protect child abusers from publicity. Or indeed, for any other purpose.
The subject of this thread is full of something but I don't think it's straw.
__________________
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Col. Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:31 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.