ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ghosts

Old 1st October 2017, 08:48 PM   #41
Apathia
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Planigale View Post
Dr Who seems to get younger with every regeneration!

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2017, 08:51 PM   #42
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

Originally Posted by mikado View Post
Yeah, what have the romans ever done for us?
The Jews must love me. Just kidding, I know they do.

Last edited by MinnesotaBrant; 1st October 2017 at 08:52 PM.
MinnesotaBrant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 08:58 AM   #43
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by mikado View Post
And..... here the big one... just how cold will it be late February?
England has three general weather-types: wet and warm, wet and windy, and wet and cold.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 11:54 AM   #44
P.J. Denyer
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
England has three general weather-types: wet and warm, wet and windy, and wet and cold.
In England we don't tan. That healthy glow comes from rusting slightly.
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2017, 12:58 PM   #45
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
In England we don't tan. That healthy glow comes from rusting slightly.
Tell me about it! lol.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2017, 05:38 AM   #46
azzthom
Muse

Someone had to post this. I've decided it should be me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XqwQXqUbX8
azzthom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2017, 09:43 AM   #47
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by azzthom View Post
Someone had to post this. I've decided it should be me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XqwQXqUbX8
One-minute non-skippable ad. Why do they think that's a good idea?
Old 7th October 2017, 06:30 AM   #48
TX50
Graduate Poster

About the Roman "ghosts" in York. York has had people living there for about 10,000 years. Why, out of all that time, would the ghosts be from the most "famous" era (and show something as mundane as a bunch of squaddies bimbling along a road)? If I'd imagined a ghost sighting in York (as the workman did) I'd put more imagination into it than that. "I saw a small boy in medieval sort of clothes. He spoke to me saying <this bit of Anglo-saxon I'd learned especially for my story>..." ... "I saw an army of bearded men with spears and smelled smoke. There was blood everywhere...". Good thinking on the "knee deep in the ground" idea but no cigar for imagination.
TX50 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 08:29 PM   #49
dropzone
Graduate Poster

Wife recognized some ghost (face shrouded) standing before the altar. 'That' Doc!" He's not..erm..photogenic.
dropzone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2017, 10:34 PM   #50
dropzone
Graduate Poster

doc's "cat" is gray and sputters its hatred for my MIL since. since her pals
dropzone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2017, 08:21 AM   #51
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

If anything I would expect Viking or Saxon ghosts. They fought over the place quite a bit.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2017, 03:25 PM   #52
welshdean
6 NATIONS 2016
-MORAL VICTORS-

Where's all the 'caveman' ghosts?
Ross: The lesbian and the monkey. Sounds like one of Aesop's fables.
welshdean is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal