IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 4th July 2018, 02:29 AM   #1
Imadeyouthink
Scholar

Question My own take on some conspiracy(Not all of them)

The many things that i find at fault with some conspiracy is the lack of science involved take for example flat earthers they will deny mathematics yet the sheep that is counted is ok. Some lie to gain followers and gain money as the people believe for example Alex Jones has made predictions(Every prediction he made) and tall tales that weren't true( ex:Pizzagate) yet he promotes so much advertisement on his show including him not having one rollex wristwatch but two, and The ability to lie in order to further a cause of their agenda. I know their some people want a thing to cling on to something to believe that they are the ultimate important person in the world, when they are not. The important question you have to ask yourself is are you doing your own science under the scientific method or are you just following along and being the corner hooker and the person feeding you information is the hustler promising your that this is real and buy this product to protect from the uncoming doom?
Imadeyouthink is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2018, 08:14 PM   #2
RolandRat
Graduate Poster

I believe that a large majority of conspiracy theorists don't actually believe the nonsense they are peddling. It is essentially a form of escapism. A role-playing game they indulge in to alleviate the drudgery of normal life.
RolandRat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 02:07 PM   #3
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by RolandRat View Post
I believe that a large majority of conspiracy theorists don't actually believe the nonsense they are peddling. It is essentially a form of escapism. A role-playing game they indulge in to alleviate the drudgery of normal life.
I know many in person. The ones I know really and truly believe it. The human brain is quite flawed although in general good enough to maintain a living.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories