IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Mark Basile

Old 15th August 2018, 06:43 PM   #881
Redwood
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Heh, I vaguely remember Professor Jones sending some of his supposedly incendiary red and grey chips to somebody else to independently test, and the guy reported back that he found them inactive, and speculated that something had happened to them in transit.

ETA: Found it. A Frédéric Henry-Couannier tested the chips and could not get them to ignite. He speculated that either they had already been ignited or that his sample had been "deactivated to prevent my independent corroboration of a crucial proof."
Pathetic Appeal to Magic duly noted! Ferric oxide is about as stable as a compound can get and metallic aluminum is de facto stable. There is simply no way thermite can be "deactivated" by aging. But we all knew that.
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2018, 04:00 PM   #882
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
Pathetic Appeal to Magic duly noted! Ferric oxide is about as stable as a compound can get and metallic aluminum is de facto stable. There is simply no way thermite can be "deactivated" by aging. But we all knew that.
But this is super special highly secrete nano-therm*te, who knows what technology exists to be able to activate/deactivate it
http://www.youtube.com/user/cjnewson88
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2018, 11:00 PM   #883
Venom
Philosopher

Originally Posted by cjnewson88 View Post
But this is super special highly secrete nano-therm*te, who knows what technology exists to be able to activate/deactivate it
Who's to say it couldn't be some secret modified therm*te??

I heard from this one paper the military was interested in researching this kind of thing.

Thermite confirmed. Checkmate.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2018, 05:48 AM   #884
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Who's to say it couldn't be some secret modified therm*te??

I heard from this one paper the military was interested in researching this kind of thing.

Thermite confirmed. Checkmate.
It's true. They managed to combine the technology of thermite with that of the clapper.

Clap flame on! Clap flame off! The clapper!

Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2018, 06:07 AM   #885
heymatto70
Thinker

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
It's true. They managed to combine the technology of thermite with that of the clapper.

Clap flame on! Clap flame off! The clapper!

I don't think the Human Torch would like that technology too much
heymatto70 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2018, 10:06 AM   #886
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Has anyone actually confirmed Basile actually planed to do this outside of the website produced by Rich Shaddock (ANETA.org)?

We all know that the A.N.E.T.A is an organisation of one. They claim to have raised $6000 to fund this study but, no news has been released about any progress.

I think there never was any plan to do a study. "Truthers" won't care as long as the idea that there will be a study remains. This "study" will never take place and it was never going to.
Just a reminder about how predictable CT's are - the above posted here in 2014.
Old 25th August 2018, 04:49 AM   #887
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Just a reminder about how predictable CT's are - the above posted here in 2014.
Not sure if DGM's question from four years ago has ever been answered, but yes, Mark Basile confirmed in Juli 2013 that he was doing this project and collecting $5000 initially, $10,000 ideally, on the 9/11 Truth Teleconference, where he was a featured guest on Juli 31, 2013:
Audio-recording (Mark is on from 1:25 min to 29:33 min)
Minutes

I recognize Mark's voice and speaking style from a couple of videos, and from talking to him personally on the phone in something like early 2012 (I remember talking to him about the problem of destructive tests like DSC, and him suggesting that chips be split in half, with one half being kept for non-destructive tests and future reference, and the other half being used in destructive test. I am pretty sure we talked about a future study Basile was thinking of doing, but I am not sure that there was at the time a specific fundraising going on).
Old 29th August 2018, 12:25 PM   #888
Criteria
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
"I recognize Mark's voice and speaking style from a couple of videos, and from talking to him personally on the phone in something like early 2012 (I remember talking to him about the problem of destructive tests like DSC, and him suggesting that chips be split in half, with one half being kept for non-destructive tests and future reference, and the other half being used in destructive test..."
It is a pity that Dr. Millette refused to take that approach with his flawed red chip study.
Criteria is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2018, 01:53 PM   #889
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Criteria View Post
It is a pity that Dr. Millette refused to take that approach with his flawed red chip study.
Flawed? Please explain.

Do you think Mark will actually admit his failure?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2018, 02:47 PM   #890
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Short reminder for Criteria - hee has yet to respond to this old failure of his:

Originally Posted by Criteria
It appears that no one here understands the subject of Raman Spectroscopy well enough to support an opinion about its value to Mark Basile’s research.
I had addressed this at length in post #837.

The short version: You had created a Strawman - a fallacy, as you know.

You need to address that post. Until then, I am laughing at you.
Old 30th August 2018, 08:09 AM   #891
Criteria
Critical Thinker

Short reminder for Criteria - hee has yet to respond to this old failure of his:
Browse Advances in Applied Spectroscopy - Concepts and Techniques c2017 by Nova Science Publishers, Inc.

From my research, it appears that chemist Mark Basile has decided to follow an identification methodology employed by scientists currently trying to identify the chemical formula of the amazingly durable ancient Roman concrete.

Last edited by Criteria; 30th August 2018 at 08:28 AM.
Criteria is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2018, 10:17 AM   #892
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Browse Advances in Applied Spectroscopy - Concepts and Techniques c2017 by Nova Science Publishers, Inc.

From my research, it appears that chemist Mark Basile has decided to follow an identification methodology employed by scientists currently trying to identify the chemical formula of the amazingly durable ancient Roman concrete.
Drink Beer, spend money, is the methodology he employed. It take years to perfect.

Mark Basile, no clue what happened on 9/11. No steel damaged by thermite on 9/11, makes the study a delusional quest by paranoid conspiracy theorists.
Old 30th August 2018, 12:28 PM   #893
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

And? How does any of this address anything in post #837 - which called out a crashing failure of yours? (Your post #834 failed in ignoring that the "science" of Jones, Harrit, Basile has been addressed by us many many years ago in full, and in erecting a strawman, claiming FALSELY that I "feel Mark Basile’s choice of Raman Spectroscopy has no legitimacy").

You still need to address your FAIL.
Old 30th August 2018, 06:08 PM   #894
pgimeno
Illuminator

Millette didn't refuse to do it. He wasn't hired to perform destructive tests, he was hired to tell whether the chips were thermite, and he did exactly that, by competent methods.

When someone asks you to do something, you can choose not to do it. That's refusing. That's, for example, what you're doing by not addressing the posts that Oystein has asked you to address: you're refusing to address them. Basile is also refusing to perform the analysis that he received donations to perform. Millette, however, did not refuse to do any destructive tests, because no one asked him to do them.

Last edited by pgimeno; 30th August 2018 at 06:10 PM.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2018, 12:28 AM   #895
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

Another month gone and nothing to show for the thousands of dollars donated by gullible truthers. How sad.
Old 2nd September 2018, 11:09 AM   #896
benthamitemetric
Muse

Originally Posted by ProBonoShill View Post
Another month gone and nothing to show for the thousands of dollars donated by gullible truthers. How sad.
Ziggi and Mark Basile have now been unable to fulfill their original promise (or be honest about the results of lab testing that was actually done) for 54 months.

54 MONTHS!

LOL at these fraudsters and those who would defend them. Additionally, it is now the end of the summer and so Ziggi has broken the new promise he made just this spring re providing a "major" update and results from a raman spectroscopy study of Mark Basile's sample. As the years pass by, Ziggi continues to break just as many promises as he makes and is too embarrassed to even pretend to defend himself and the fraud he and Mark Basile perpetrated re the original broken promise any longer.

Last edited by benthamitemetric; 2nd September 2018 at 11:10 AM.
benthamitemetric is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2018, 03:36 AM   #897
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Flawed? Please explain.
In the 9/11 truther dictionary, "flawed study" is defined as "a study that didn't yield the results I wanted."

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2018, 04:20 PM   #898
benthamitemetric
Muse

Another month has passed.

It has now been 55 months since Mark Basile had the funds he needed to fulfill his original promise of sending his sample to a lab for independent analysis.

Ziggi is in hiding after blowing his promises for "major updates" this spring and summer. Basile himself hasn't been heard form directly in ages. Not even a single truther can muster any support for either of these fraudsters any more.

Ziggi, if you don't want to be called a liar, then you should try not lying so much. Ziggi Zugam is a liar and an embarrassment to truthers, if that's even possible.
benthamitemetric is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2018, 12:29 AM   #899
benthamitemetric
Muse

56 MONTHS

Old 1st November 2018, 07:04 AM   #900
pgimeno
Illuminator

Originally Posted by MileHighMadness View Post
My best guess...

The tests were done, and the results were negative.

The money is all gone.

Mark Basile is just hoping the whole thing goes away...

I'll add.........Ziggi lies to keep his self imposed importance to the "project" alive.
As time passes, the above sounds more and more likely.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2018, 03:12 PM   #901
JSanderO
Illuminator

I know nothing about this... but my guess that nothing will ever come of it.
Old 5th November 2018, 11:40 AM   #902
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by benthamitemetric View Post
Ziggi is in hiding after blowing his promises for "major updates" this spring and summer. Basile himself hasn't been heard form directly in ages. Not even a single truther can muster any support for either of these fraudsters any more.
Also, it appears that he has deleted his Youtube account.
grandmastershek is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2018, 01:51 PM   #903
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by grandmastershek View Post
Wow, that's Truther suicide!
Old 6th November 2018, 12:02 PM   #904
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by grandmastershek View Post
What was on it?
Old 6th November 2018, 12:03 PM   #905
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Wow, that's Truther suicide!
Could be murder (i.e. YT dunnit)
Old 1st December 2018, 06:57 AM   #906
benthamitemetric
Muse

Old 3rd January 2019, 08:40 AM   #907
benthamitemetric
Muse

58. Closing in on 5 years now that Mark Basile and "Ziggy Zugam" have had the funds to fulfill their promise to have the WTC dust independently tested. Instead of fulfilling their promise, they have simply filled those five years with lies and excuses.
Old 12th January 2019, 08:52 AM   #908
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I patiently crawled back on JM Talboo's increasingly hysterical blog "Debunking the Debunkers", to look for news on the Basile study, and found a November 14, 2008 gem, posted by "Zugam", who is not ashamed to post this ********:
Originally Posted by Zugam
Mark Basile Update - Study on hold for personal reasons
Posted by Zugam

Chemical engineer Mark Basile has been dealing with some personal issues that have prevented him from completing his red/gray chip study. He is taking a break from his research until he has them resolved - Another update will be posted when that happens. I do not have permission to reveal any details.
This of course implies that, at some point not too long before Nov 14, Basile has been doing research - which must be called out as an obvious, total, obnoxious, bizarre lie.

All that Mark Basile needs to do at this time is to put a dust sample in an envelop, write a few notes as to what he wants done with it, enclose a check for $5000, and wait 2 weeks.

It is unclear why these huxters pretend they can get away with their shameful lies after all these years of doing precisely NOTHING

@Ziggi: Any comment?
Old 12th January 2019, 09:28 AM   #909
pgimeno
Illuminator

I patiently crawled back on JM Talboo's increasingly hysterical blog "Debunking the Debunkers", to look for news on the Basile study, and found a November 14, 2008 2018 gem, posted by "Zugam", who is not ashamed to post this ********:
FTFY. Well, you don't know if he's ashamed. His recent silence makes me think he could be.

Edit:
This of course implies that, at some point not too long before Nov 14, Basile has been doing research - which must be called out as an obvious, total, obnoxious, bizarre lie.
Not to mention breaking the premise under which the money was collected in the first place: to give the samples to an independent lab, to avoid confirmation biasWP.

Edit 2:
But the funds have been spent
And very well spent
(Up and down, by Vengaboys)

Last edited by pgimeno; 12th January 2019 at 09:45 AM.
Old 13th January 2019, 04:15 AM   #910
Georgio
Muse

Even for complete idiots like me it's obvious now that this is nothing but a scam at this point.
Old 13th January 2019, 05:52 AM   #911
JSanderO
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Georgio View Post
Even for complete idiots like me it's obvious now that this is nothing but a scam at this point.
Does anyone think that perhaps Basile believed the rubbish about nano thermite and was going to prove it and discovered early on it was BS after he had taken money and rather that tell the truth... and refund the money, he just kept silent? Did he have any obligation to perform or prove etc. or return the money if he couldn't or didn't?
Old 13th January 2019, 07:22 AM   #912
Georgio
Muse

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
Does anyone think that perhaps Basile believed the rubbish about nano thermite and was going to prove it and discovered early on it was BS after he had taken money and rather that tell the truth... and refund the money, he just kept silent? Did he have any obligation to perform or prove etc. or return the money if he couldn't or didn't?
That makes sense to me. It's not much of a scam if that's what they started with; most likely (IMO) is that they started out in good faith but were so emotionally invested in getting a positive result that when they didn't their only option was to keep making excuses.
Old 13th January 2019, 10:23 AM   #913
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
Yes.

According to his August 2014 "update", the last one that documented any actual progress and that he wrote himself, he was ten about to wrap up selecting suitable red-gray chips - implying he had red-gray chips then. The idea was to send them to an independent lab and see what they say the chips are, and report truthfully the results.

The only excuse he could have had to not send samples to one or more labs and thus spend the money was if he didn't have any samples, i.e. if there were no red-gray chips in his dust to be found. But since he obviously had found chips already four and a half years ago, that excuse is not available. He may have destroyed or lost all chips in the meantime, sure, but that would not be an excuse, it would aggravate the wrong-doing. It would raise the question: When and how did he destroy the evidence? And of course he'd be liable for $5000's worth of laboratory work.

@Ziggi: Why are you covering up for the crime, the scam, the fraud, the destruction of evidence, the lies?

Last edited by Oystein; 13th January 2019 at 10:26 AM.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2019, 11:48 AM   #914
pgimeno
Illuminator

Well, as years keep passing by, the samples keep deteriorating...

This should have been done 4+ years ago.
Old 13th January 2019, 03:43 PM   #915
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by pgimeno View Post
Well, as years keep passing by, the samples keep deteriorating...

This should have been done 4+ years ago.
The overlords that control time are "in on it"...............inside jobby job.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2019, 04:12 PM   #916
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

(Sorry, benthamitemetric, for usurping your role )
Old 1st February 2019, 04:54 PM   #917
benthamitemetric
Muse

(Sorry, benthamitemetric, for usurping your role )
Haha, damn. I slack off for a few hours and you steal my thunder. (Blame it on the government shutdown--my shill check was late!) If only Mark Basile and "Ziggi Zuggam" were as proactive as you, the sample would have been submitted 59 months ago like it should have been.

Ziggi--one month away from it being 5 YEARS since Mark stated he had the money in hand to do the testing. Will you ever feel ashamed for playing a part in this fraud and continually lying about progress for so long? No one, not even any truther, believes you and is willing to defend you any longer.

Last edited by benthamitemetric; 1st February 2019 at 04:55 PM.
Old 5th February 2019, 08:48 AM   #918
benthamitemetric
Muse

Correction to the above--Ziggi's username is actually Ziggi Zugam, not "Ziggi Zuggam". It's been so long since Ziggi posted new lies in defense of his old lies and fraud that I forgot how to spell his name. Ooooops.

Ziggi Zugam--are you going to emerge from hiding to celebrate the big, five-year anniversary of the start of your lies and fraud? Aren't we overdue for you again lying that you have been in touch with Mark and claiming that progress is just a few more months away? Are you ever going to return the money to the donors? It's understandable why you don't want to stick your head out again, but it's not like merely staying silent fixes your previous fraud and lies; it actually just perpetuates them and makes you look worse.

Last edited by benthamitemetric; 5th February 2019 at 08:51 AM.
Old 8th February 2019, 10:13 AM   #919
Georgio
Muse

Originally Posted by benthamitemetric View Post
It's understandable why you don't want to stick your head out again, but it's not like merely staying silent fixes your previous fraud and lies; it actually just perpetuates them and makes you look worse.
Well done for sticking with this monthly reminder, benthamitemetric. I don't believe it was a fraud to start with, but it quite clearly is now (most likely IMO is that they did the tests and got the 'wrong' results) and now all involved just want it to go away by staying silent. I really can't see any other possible explanation at this point. And to paraphrase Godfrey Jones in The Simpsons, their silence only incriminates them further.

Maybe this should be a pinned thread in this section?
Old 12th February 2019, 01:10 PM   #920
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by rogers619 View Post
According to ANETA.org...............
5 years later, that site still looks fresh and new. I almost expect to see a "Netscape Now!" button or a dancing baby animation.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories