IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags c-span , jerome corsi

Old 13th May 2018, 08:04 PM   #1
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Jerome Corsi - Should CSPAN be giving this nut-job a platform?

OK, it's CSPAN Book TV and he's written multiple books, but why is it necessary to give this guy a platform? He's as nutty as CTers come. And this is a bad time in this country to let these kinds of dangerous Deep State CTs get national air time.

Wiki - Jerome Corsi

After Words with Jerome Corsi Journalist Jerome Corsi argued that there is an effort to thwart the presidency of Donald J. Trump. He is interviewed by investigative journalist Sharyl Attkisson.

One of his claims in the five minutes I listened to this nut was Mueller and Comey worked together with Bill Clinton on Frank Rich's pardon.

My apologies for the caps:
Quote:
Unidentified Speaker [Attkisson]
YOU HAVE EXAMPLES OF COMEY AND MUELLER WORKING TOGETHER ON SEVERAL PROJECTS. ONE IS THE MARC RICH PARDON CONVICTED OF TAX-WRITING TRADING WITH IRAN DURING THE EMBASSY HOSTAGE CRISIS. ...

... Unidentified Speaker [Corsi]
THAT'S WHERE IT STARTED. THE PARTNERSHIP. THERE'S A COUPLE I THINK ARE SIGNIFICANT AND I'M WRITING ABOUT THEM TODAY. ONE IS THE ROLE THAT MUELLER PLAYED WHEN HE WAS HEAD OF THE FBI WITH MAKING SURE THE URANIUM ONE BRIBERY SCANDAL HAS BEEN REVEALED BY CAMPBELL WHO IS A CLIENT MARRIED TO JOE WHO IS WORKING WITH THIS PRESIDENT. THE POINT IS, MUELLER PLAYED A COVER UP ROLE BECAUSE HAD THAT BEEN KNOWN BY THE COMMITTEE ON THE INVESTMENT OF THE UNITED STATES, THE PROVISION OF RUSSIA'S STATE-OWNED ENERGY COMPANY WHICH WAS SHIPPED OUT OF THE UNITED STATES CONTRARY TO THE LIES TOLD AT THE TIME, THAT WOULD'VE NEVER BEEN GRANTED. BILL CLINTON WOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN 5000-DOLLAR FEE FOR ONE SPEECH. THE CLINTON FOUNDATION WOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN $145 MILLION AND CONTRIBUTION ET CETERA.
It's an hour of Alex Jones related nut jobbery. Or you can skim the transcript.

He claims his book is doing well.

We're doomed.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2018, 03:56 PM   #2
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

C Span often gives time to crackpots...and they seem to be pretty fair about choosing their crackpots from both ends of the political spectrum.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2018, 05:07 PM   #3
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

So do you think it grows the CTer base, or, is not giving them a platform worse for growing that base?
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2018, 12:09 AM   #4
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

I'm kind of surprised to hear he's still around, not surprised he's gone full-on crank. He was involved in all that crazy stuff around 2007, where people claimed that George W. Bush was trying to unite Mexico, Canada and the United States. There was going to be a single currency (called the Amero) and god knows what else. I actually debated him on a radio program one time about that nonsense, and it was not a pleasant experience.

I was very pleased when he published a book about Obama in 2008 that debuted at the #1 spot on the NY Times Best-Seller List. As it happened, Corsi had come out a few months earlier as a 9-11 Truther (on Alex Jones' radio show, no less). A liberal JREF forum member put together a YouTube video highlighting Corsi's 9-11 crackpottery, which went viral--somewhat surprisingly on conservative blogs even more than liberal ones (although it was given widest distribution by the New York Times). Corsi's book sank without a trace. I wonder if someone else from around here might have given him the audio?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

That said, it's C-Span. They have aired plenty of whack jobs before and will continue to do so.

Last edited by Brainster; 15th May 2018 at 12:19 AM.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2018, 11:00 AM   #5
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Fact is When congress is not in session, C Span had to scramble to find stuff to air with little to spend.
SOme of it is very good...they do some great discussion on history..but some of it is crap...like when they have on the likes of Corsi and broadcast a Nation of Islam rally..

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2018, 12:13 PM   #6
carlitos
"más divertido"

While Frank Rich is indeed awful, I don't believe that he required a pardon from President Clinton.

Marc Rich, on the other hand, was a tax fraud and racketeer.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2018, 12:16 PM   #7
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Fact is When congress is not in session, C Span had to scramble to find stuff to air with little to spend.
SOme of it is very good...they do some great discussion on history..but some of it is crap...like when they have on the likes of Corsi and broadcast a Nation of Islam rally..
It doesn't have anything to do with filling time slots unless you think C-SPAN Book TV every weekend on one of their 3 channels is filler.

I watch a lot on weekends because I love Book TV.

They do cover alt-right and Progressive authors. But this crap was total nonsense.
Old 15th May 2018, 12:18 PM   #8
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
While Frank Rich is indeed awful, I don't believe that he required a pardon from President Clinton.

Marc Rich, on the other hand, was a tax fraud and racketeer.
My bad, a brain lapse. You can see in the transcript he refers to Marc Rich.

I think it's because there's been a Frank Rich in the news recently.

Frank Rich: Trump, like Roy Cohn, “nurtured” by NY establishment

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 15th May 2018 at 12:21 PM.
Old 28th June 2018, 01:25 PM   #9
Allen773
Graduate Poster

Who even watches C-SPAN?
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2018, 03:20 AM   #10
Imadeyouthink
Scholar

I do in small amounts just not the history bits on yt Allen773. Some i deem worthy,but their are others who are wasting their time or who don't know they are talking about.
Imadeyouthink is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories