IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags assassinations , Kennedy conspiracies , RFK assassination , Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Old 23rd June 2018, 08:07 AM   #321
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by manifesto View Post
But that is not the issue here. The issue is why you are promoting a ”scientific paper” that contradict its main finding stated in its headline.

Changing the subject doesn’t answer my question, does it?
Where is the evidence to support your claim?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd June 2018, 08:13 AM   #322
Hans
Philosopher

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...7#post12317577

Manifesto said: I’m really doing my very best keeping up with your requests. Nice and easy.

'Nice and easy' seems to means, 'not in THIS decade'

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=4860

Originally Posted by Hans View Post

This is day twenty one of no evidence from manifesto
Manifesto is now up to hundreds of claims with no evidence provided.

We can now add to that another howler

Quote:

I’m really doing my very best keeping up with your requests. Nice and easy.

Quote:

Yes, I’m doing my best to keep up with all of you and all of your crap barrage of “requests” for evidence. Promise.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=5237

Quote:

This post will be reposted until the questions are answered to H's satisfaction.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd June 2018, 09:02 AM   #323
Wolrab
Illuminator

I watched the first few minutes of the video. Sirhan ^2 is "hypnotized" and a suggestion is planted for him to start climbing at some future point. Amazingly he remembers involuntarily acts on that suggestion on cue! Wow, I'm convinced.

Funny how people will do whatever it takes to get what they want.
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd June 2018, 09:23 AM   #324
manifesto
Banned

Should we follow your method then? That is: Don't cite, whine, demand your personal opinion is fact and lie about providing evidence in the future?
Ok, here are the LAPD’s list of the five witnesses closest to RFK during the shooting. No one was asked by same LAPD how close Sirhan was to RFK when firing his pistol, but they testified to this elsewhere:
- Assistant maître d’ Karl Uecker: “The gun was one and a half to two feet away. There is no way the shots described in the autopsy could have come from Sirhan’s gun. . . . Sirhan never got close enough for a point blank shot. Never!” (to Congressman Allard Lowenstein)

- Unruh aide Frank Burns: “No, never closer than a foot and a half to two feet.” (to Dan Rather)

- Waiter Martin Patrusky: ”I would estimate the closest the muzzle of Sirhan’s gun got to Kennedy was approximately three feet.” (to Vincent Bugliosi)

- Busboy Juan Romero: “[a pistol] approximately one yard from the senator’s head.” (to the F.B.I.)

- Kitchen porter Jesus Perez: Never asked by anyone.

Shane O’Sullivan, Who Killed Bobby? (2008)
These are the LAPD’s five best positioned witnesses and no one corroborates the theory that Sirhan fired the shots that hit RFK. All shots fired from behind with a steep upwards trajectory and the fatal headshot fired one inch from the entrance wound, according to the powder marks identified at the autopsy.

There is more.

Last edited by manifesto; 23rd June 2018 at 09:25 AM.
manifesto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd June 2018, 09:33 AM   #325
manifesto
Banned

Originally Posted by Wolrab View Post
I watched the first few minutes of the video. Sirhan ^2 is "hypnotized" and a suggestion is planted for him to start climbing at some future point. Amazingly he remembers involuntarily acts on that suggestion on cue! Wow, I'm convinced.

Funny how people will do whatever it takes to get what they want.
That’s the way to do it when misrepresenting a presentation from one of the world leading experts on hypnosis, memory and coersive persuasion doing years of pro bono research into the Sirhan case.

Wolrab knows better.
manifesto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd June 2018, 09:43 AM   #326
Hans
Philosopher

discarded no support link.
Try again
Old 23rd June 2018, 09:44 AM   #327
Hans
Philosopher

Wolrab knows better.
...wow for once you got something right
Old 23rd June 2018, 10:20 AM   #328
Wolrab
Illuminator

Has anyone in the history of the universe ever been found not guilty because they were hypnotized and thus not responsible for the crime they were charged with?
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd June 2018, 10:30 AM   #329
Hans
Philosopher

Has anyone in the history of the universe ever been found not guilty because they were hypnotized and thus not responsible for the crime they were charged with?
A short and incomplete google search found no such actions

Perhaps someone better acquainted with the subject can comment in greater depth.
Old 23rd June 2018, 11:03 AM   #330
Wolrab
Illuminator

I did a short check too and ended up with an attempted computer hijack. Damned Russians!
Old 23rd June 2018, 11:06 AM   #331
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

No, LSD is the most famous agent used. There was a number of agents and combinations of agents illegally experimented with on knowing and not knowing victims.

Btw, has anyone been tried and convicted in court for all these transgressions?

Anyone?
Did any single other possible agent used have the proven ability to make someone a precisely controlled assassin?
Old 23rd June 2018, 02:27 PM   #332
bknight
Master Poster

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...7#post12317577

Manifesto said: I’m really doing my very best keeping up with your requests. Nice and easy.

'Nice and easy' seems to means, 'not in THIS decade'

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=4860

This is day twenty one of no evidence from manifesto
Manifesto is now up to hundreds of claims with no evidence provided.

We can now add to that another howler

Quote:

I’m really doing my very best keeping up with your requests. Nice and easy.

Quote:

Yes, I’m doing my best to keep up with all of you and all of your crap barrage of “requests” for evidence. Promise.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=5237

Quote:

This post will be reposted until the questions are answered to H's satisfaction.
Wrong thread or are you trying for a double?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd June 2018, 03:30 PM   #333
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

If RFK was shot from behind and ALL witnesses in the pantry says Sirhan was firing his pistol from in front not closer than three feet, it had to be someone else who shot RFK = a second shooter.
If RFK was shot from behind and ALL witnesses in the pantry says Sirhan was firing his pistol from in front not closer than three feet, it had to be someone else who shot RFK = a second shooter.
Sorry, I'm not seeing how this shows there MUST have been a second shooter.

Nobody knows for sure the order in which the bullets were fired. What if RFK had his head turned. What if the jacket shot, which entered and exited through the right shoulder of his jacket without striking him, was the first shot fired. What if he turned away after that shot and Sirhan was no longer directly in front. RFK would not have simply stood still, facing Sirhan, while Sirhan loosed off eight shots at him.

Sirhan himself has no memory of the shooting.
Really, then how was he able to say in this interview with David Frost, what his reasons were for killing RFK?.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

For a man who "has no memory of the shooting", he is sure able to give up a lot of details about whgat he was thinking at the time and in the time leading up to the shooting, as well as stating clearly that he was not part of any conspiracy to kill RFK.

Now, explain why you are promoting a ”scientific study” that has its own main conclusion contradicted within its own report.
You have no met your burden. So far, all I have seen from you is supposition, bare assertion and unbridled speculation. How about evidence, such as

Eye-witnesses who saw a second shooter

Bullet from a gun other than the eight shot .22 caliber Iver-Johnson Cadet used by Sirhan.

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd June 2018, 11:20 PM   #334
manifesto
Banned

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Did any single other possible agent used have the proven ability to make someone a precisely controlled assassin?
Define ”precisely controlled”.
Old 23rd June 2018, 11:22 PM   #335
manifesto
Banned

...wow for once you got something right
Well, thank you
Old 24th June 2018, 12:15 AM   #336
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

No, I'm not biting. If you can't even understand the meaning of "should", there is no chance we would reach consensus in this.

smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th June 2018, 12:19 AM   #337
manifesto
Banned

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
No, I'm not biting. If you can't even understand the meaning of "should", there is no chance we would reach consensus in this.
Well, suit yourself.
Old 24th June 2018, 09:45 AM   #338
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Able to obtain a weapon, get to a planned place in the right situation, and deliver precision deadly force, then confess to the action afterwards.
Old 24th June 2018, 10:24 AM   #339
Wolrab
Illuminator

Able to obtain a weapon, get to a planned place in the right situation, and deliver precision deadly force, then confess to the action afterwards.
That describes my every acid trip to a tee. In addition, because of my extensive hypnosis conditioning, I could also cluck like a chicken while flapping my wings. I am the ultimate assassin.
Old 24th June 2018, 01:05 PM   #340
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

That describes my every acid trip to a tee. In addition, because of my extensive hypnosis conditioning, I could also cluck like a chicken while flapping my wings. I am the ultimate assassin.

Old 25th June 2018, 01:50 AM   #341
manifesto
Banned

- Sirhan bought the pistol from some dude.

- Sirhans controllers makes sure he attends the RFK election gathering at Ambassador that evening.

- They administer drugs/alcohol to him.

- He gets approached by the girl in the polka-dot dress and he follows her around looking for coffe (and sex?).

- The two of them gets directed to the pantry shortly before RFK is guided through it by the security guard.

- The polka-dot girl pinches him hard in the shoulder and turn him around facing the approaching RFK.

- Sirhan goes in to ”range mode” and start shooting on an imagined range target in front of him.

- The real assassin fires the shots that killed RFK while all the focus is on Sirhan.

- Sirhan gets wrestled down on a steam table by four big guys and shows enormeus strength and a peaceful expression on his face.

- The polka-dot girl leaves the pantry and (and presumably also the real assassin) the Ambassador with a latino looking guy and are observered by three witnesses independently, shouting triumphantly that: ”We killed the senator, we killed Kennedy!”

That is, the operation is far from planned in detail in a sense that all bits and pieces had to fall perfectly in place for it to succeed. It was more ad hoc:

1. Get the programmed patsy in place in the vicinity of RFK’s public appearance.

2. Get his controllers and the real assassin in place.

3. Manipulate the RFK entourage to take the route through the pantry.

4. Guide Sirhan to same pantry just before the end of RFK’s speech.

5. Activate Sirhans ”range mode” and thereby the distraction and cover for the real assassin to step in.

This is not a watertight plan with 100% certain success. They tried it and it worked. I’m sure they had other options if not successful this time. Maybe involving Sirhan, maybe something else.

Who knows.
Old 25th June 2018, 01:59 AM   #342
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
And which of those three options are you claiming for your utterly unevidenced claim that the MSM has never reported the RFK conspiracy theories before?

I do find this claim rather rich coming from you. How many pages in the JFK thread did you devote to arguing about the exact meaning of the word "should"?

Just because you haven't read it doesn't mean it wasn't there.

"My" driplets (actually Wikipedia's list) demonstrate this point exactly. The whole point is that they are from a very long period of time, something you claimed was the opposite (that this phenomenon was a recent one).

I also note the shift of goalposts at the end. Your first claim was that the various theories had not been picked up on by the MSM. Now you appear to be trying to change this to "balanced" reporting.
On this point, as you are now making claims about the balance of these articles, just to clarify: by 'balance', I trust you mean 'fairly reporting both sides of the story', rather than 'breathless and uncritical acceptance of CT hogwash'. Assuming you mean the former, as it is your claim that the MSM is biased against, shall we say, alternative, theories, it seems only reasonable that you have actually read these articles and come to some conclusions on this.
Care to share them, just to prove that this isn't just prejudiced assumption? Bear in mind that no outlet in an independent press is under any obligation to report made-up paranoia as fact. A balanced article can still come out in favour of the common narrative.

Strong words. On what are you basing these slurs? Please quote my dishonest posts, and/or those in which I oppose truth and justice, or retract and apologise.
Bump for manifesto. I'm not letting this go, dude. Back it up or retract.

Bring Back the Yak! P.J. Denyer
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th June 2018, 02:09 AM   #343
manifesto
Banned

This would have been really funny if it was not for the complete disregard for truth and justice it conveys.
- Both the Pentagon and the CIA had ongoing multi million dollar mind control programs involving hundreds of institutions and thousands of participants and with the explicit aim to learn how to program unwitting assassins and patsies to assassins. Including assassination of domestic officials.

- Sirhan was/is considered extremely easy to hypnotize by all the psychiatrists who met him in person and/or looked in to his case.

- Sirhan consistently says in more than 50 years that he has no memory of the shooting in spite of him doing so, prevents him since 1985 from being released on parole.
But I guess all this and much more are funny too, Wolrab?

As I said, keep exposing yourselfs for who your really are. We are observing, watching, learning and waiting.
Old 25th June 2018, 02:30 AM   #344
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

- Sirhans controllers makes sure he attends the RFK election gathering at Ambassador that evening.

- They administer drugs/alcohol to him.

- He gets approached by the girl in the polka-dot dress and he follows her around looking for coffe (and sex?).

- The two of them gets directed to the pantry shortly before RFK is guided through it by the security guard.

- The polka-dot girl pinches him hard in the shoulder and turn him around facing the approaching RFK.

- Sirhan goes in to ”range mode” and start shooting on an imagined range target in front of him.

- The real assassin fires the shots that killed RFK while all the focus is on Sirhan.

- Sirhan gets wrestled down on a steam table by four big guys and shows enormeus strength and a peaceful expression on his face.

- The polka-dot girl leaves the pantry and (and presumably also the real assassin) the Ambassador with a latino looking guy and are observered by three witnesses independently, shouting triumphantly that: ”We killed the senator, we killed Kennedy!”
A cluster-**** of bare assertion for which you will no doubt claim you have supporting evidence, but which we'll never get to see.

Last edited by smartcooky; 25th June 2018 at 02:32 AM.
Old 25th June 2018, 03:40 AM   #345
Wolrab
Illuminator

This would have been really funny if it was not for the complete disregard for truth and justice it conveys.
- Both the Pentagon and the CIA had ongoing multi million dollar mind control programs involving hundreds of institutions and thousands of participants and with the explicit aim to learn how to program unwitting assassins and patsies to assassins. Including assassination of domestic officials.

- Sirhan was/is considered extremely easy to hypnotize by all the psychiatrists who met him in person and/or looked in to his case.

- Sirhan consistently says in more than 50 years that he has no memory of the shooting in spite of him doing so, prevents him since 1985 from being released on parole.
But I guess all this and much more are funny too, Wolrab?

As I said, keep exposing yourselfs for who your really are. We are observing, watching, learning and waiting.
Surely this nefarious plan has been used countless times since then as it worked like a charm?

-Those programs were discontinued. Governments spend lots of money and resources on things that don't work, see the War on Drugs and Poverty.

-Nobody has ever been hypnotized into assassination.

- Sirhan^2 will say whatever is needed to get attention.

Who is this "we" you speak of? Yes, the things you post are funny and deserve nothing but ridicule.
Old 25th June 2018, 04:35 AM   #346
manifesto
Banned

A cluster-**** of bare assertion for which you will no doubt claim you have supporting evidence, but which we'll never get to see.
Since I did not state this as facts, but purely as a hypothetical scenario, I’ll put that on the straw man shelf among all rest of them.

Point is, it doesn’t take that much of precision to set up a more or less coerced mind controlled patsy in the way Sirhan was.

The difficult part is, as usual, how to get away with it. This takes P O W E R.

Who had the power to get away with it?

Well, that is the recurring million dollar question, isn’t it.

Lumumba
Hammarskjöld
JFK
MLKJr.
RFK
Che Guevara
Gen. Sneyder
Allende
Aldo Moro
Lennon
Palme
Etc ...

Who has this power?
Old 25th June 2018, 05:07 AM   #347
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Since I did not state this as facts, but purely as a hypothetical scenario, I’ll put that on the straw man shelf among all rest of them.
I'll bet it won't be long before you start trying to sell this BS as a claim... (perhaps around the time of your next fringe reset?)

We'll be watching for it!

Point is, it doesn’t take that much of precision to set up a more or less coerced mind controlled patsy in the way Sirhan was.

Lumumba
Hammarskjöld
JFK
MLKJr.
RFK
Che Guevara
Gen. Sneyder
Allende
Aldo Moro
Lennon
Palme
Etc ...
And you are claiming all those people were assassinated by "Manchurian Candidates"?

Old 25th June 2018, 07:30 AM   #348
manifesto
Banned

I'll bet it won't be long before you start trying to sell this BS as a claim... (perhaps around the time of your next fringe reset?)

We'll be watching for it!
No, it is better if you are watching what I’m actually saying.

Quote:
And you are claiming all those people were assassinated by "Manchurian Candidates"?
No, I’m asking who has this power to get away with it all these years.

The guy who owns the Lone Nutter machine.

Do you know?
Old 25th June 2018, 08:24 AM   #349
Hans
Philosopher

..deleted...
No evidence so dismissed as delusional speculation
Old 25th June 2018, 08:27 AM   #350
Hans
Philosopher

No, I’m asking who has this power to get away with it all these years.

The guy who owns the Lone Nutter machine.

Do you know?
Why would we know where or what your delusions are based on since you provide nothing to support them

In the Church of the constipated and confused multiple shooters do you guys ever look at the chapter in the holy book called 'reality'?
Old 25th June 2018, 08:35 AM   #351
Hans
Philosopher

Lumumba
Hammarskjöld
JFK
MLKJr.
RFK
Che Guevara
Gen. Sneyder
Allende
Aldo Moro
Lennon
Palme
Etc ...

Who has this power?

Chuckle so lets see you BELIEVE the evil CIA shot ALL these people?

Okay you do know the CIA didn't form until after WWII so who shot all the people before and during WWI? Lots of people got shot poisoned or blown up prior to the CIA even existing.....

Secondly why did those people all stop shooting people so that the CIA could do it?

Just wondering?

lol
Old 25th June 2018, 10:30 AM   #352
carlitos
"más divertido"

Much like the silent explosives used one and only time on 9/11/2001, the CIA mind control assassin program was used only this one time, to kill RFK.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th June 2018, 10:50 AM   #353
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Much like the silent explosives used one and only time on 9/11/2001, the CIA mind control assassin program was used only this one time, to kill RFK.
Yeah I hear they lost the manual.....
Old 25th June 2018, 11:52 AM   #354
Axxman300
Philosopher

Putting a gun into the hands of a man who was clearly mentally unbalanced was a huge risk. That's why your scenario doesn't work.

You don't hire an assassin for this kind of job, you recruit one. You find some extremist, get worked up, and put him into place where he can drop your target...because it's his target. If he is captured he doesn't know your name or anything about you. There's nothing to cover-up because you are nowhere near the scene of the crime. There is nothing to cover-up because your assassin was a willing participant; no second gunman needed.

If you're going to blame the CIA for stuff you need to at least demonstrate that you have basic understanding of how they would have actually done stuff.

Quote:
Lumumba
Hammarskjöld
JFK
MLKJr.
RFK
Che Guevara
Gen. Sneyder
Allende
Aldo Moro
Lennon
Palme
Etc ...

Who has this power?
In the case of JFK, MLK, RFK, and Lennon that would be the NRA.

In the case of Che Guevara, I had coffee with a guy who was on that team who hunted his criminal butt down. The only tragedy there was they didn't give him a proper hanging, but CIA takes that as a huge win, and rightfully so.

Aldo Moro was killed by the Red Brigade, so take it up with them.
Old 25th June 2018, 01:00 PM   #355
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Chuckle so lets see you BELIEVE the evil CIA shot ALL these people?

Okay you do know the CIA didn't form until after WWII so who shot all the people before and during WWI? Lots of people got shot poisoned or blown up prior to the CIA even existing.....

Secondly why did those people all stop shooting people so that the CIA could do it?

Just wondering?

lol

Actually, I thought Dag Hammarskjöld was killed in a plane crash

Old 25th June 2018, 01:09 PM   #356
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, I watch what you are saying alright. Its entertaining, real comedy gold to see what the incoherent delusional ramblings of a conspiracy theorist looks like.

I'm asking who has this power to get away with it all these years.

Do you know?
The Stasi? The GRU? The MSS?

How about Helen Tasker's boyfriend, Simon?

Old 25th June 2018, 01:25 PM   #357
bknight
Master Poster

Oh, I watch what you are saying alright. Its entertaining, real comedy gold to see what the incoherent delusional ramblings of a conspiracy theorist looks like.

The Stasi? The GRU? The MSS?

How about Helen Tasker's boyfriend, Simon?
That might go over his head.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th June 2018, 03:42 PM   #358
No Other
Muse

-Nobody has ever been hypnotized into assassination.
If you use the term "assassination" as the killing of a prominent figure for political or religious reasons; you are spot-on. However, a person was hypnotized, killed an individual, and the Hypnotist was convicted of murder. This was a case in Kansas back in the late 1800's. I do not know all the details but it established case law...
No Other is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th June 2018, 04:30 PM   #359
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by No Other View Post
If you use the term "assassination" as the killing of a prominent figure for political or religious reasons; you are spot-on. However, a person was hypnotized, killed an individual, and the Hypnotist was convicted of murder. This was a case in Kansas back in the late 1800's. I do not know all the details but it established case law...
Surely you would be able to do a little rewarch and put named to this Kansas incident, as ou seem to know about it.
Old 25th June 2018, 05:12 PM   #360
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Surely you would be able to do a little rewarch and put named to this Kansas incident, as ou seem to know about it.
https://listverse.com/2015/10/16/10-...s-of-hypnosis/

Quote:
In 1894, wealthy farmer Anderson Gray, who lived near Sumner County, Kansas, was embroiled in a lawsuit. One of the witnesses in the case was his neighbour Thomas Patton. Wanting to permanently silence Patton, Gray went to the living quarters of his farmhand Thomas McDonald on May 5. Gray told McDonald that Patton was spreading rumors about McDonald’s wife, which provoked an argument between McDonald and Patton.

After the argument, McDonald returned home. Gray visited McDonald again and apparently hypnotized him, warning that McDonald had to kill Patton or Patton would kill him first. McDonald tried to protest, but Gray’s hypnotic influence was too strong.*1

Gray was also able to hypnotize McDonald into having perfect aim with a rifle when he had been a terrible shot before hypnosis. *2Gray then told McDonald where Patton would be riding in the woods. In a Gray-induced trance, McDonald waited until Patton rode by and then shot him in the heart.

Both Gray and McDonald were arrested. Gray was tried first, found guilty, and sentenced to hang. McDonald, who fully admitted to pulling the trigger, was found not guilty because he was under Gray’s trance.
For mine, this has all the hallmarks of a BS story. I have highlighted the really dubious bits..

*1: No way can a person be an unwilling participant in hyponosis.

*2: It is not possible to hypnotise a person to have a skill they did not have previously. If it were possible, every weekend bogey golf hacker could be hypnotised into being a Major winner, every weekend gun enthusiast could be hypnotised into being an Olympic sharpshooter.

Last edited by smartcooky; 25th June 2018 at 05:21 PM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories