IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags sex trafficking , veterans

Old 12th June 2018, 02:37 PM   #81
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Well, yeah. What do you think you get when you plant rapeseedWP?
Usually referred to as canola in some places. Also, not a tree.

Three Word Story Wisdom
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 04:19 PM   #82
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Have you Australians bought into that Canadian marketing sham now, too?

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 07:31 PM   #83
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Have you Australians bought into that Canadian marketing sham now, too?
I've known of it as canola for all of my life. It's only recently that I was - at first - somewhat shocked to learn that it was also known as rape.

Three Word Story Wisdom
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2018, 08:12 PM   #84
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

I've known of it as canola for all of my life. It's only recently that I was - at first - somewhat shocked to learn that it was also known as rape.
I believe the Top Gear lads paid for a few tons of the seed when they did a farming equipment themed race/challenge.

Means nothing... just came to mind.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 07:48 AM   #85
carlitos
"más divertido"

Do I really need to put smileys with my bad jokes?

Also, not what they meant by "rape tree."
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 11:54 AM   #86
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Perhaps it would be in the name they give their organization.... "Veterans on Patrol"?
It doesn't mean anything if all they're actually doing is going on LARPy hiking trips.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2018, 04:35 PM   #87
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Do I really need to put smileys with my bad jokes?

Also, not what they meant by "rape tree."
Perhaps I need to put smileys on mine.

I know what they meant by "rape tree".

Three Word Story Wisdom
Old 13th June 2018, 04:58 PM   #88
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
It doesn't mean anything if all they're actually doing is going on LARPy hiking trips.
I think you mis-spelled "Yeah, I looked into them and they're pretty clearly wannabe vigilantes."

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2018, 12:35 PM   #89
Emily's Cat
Rarely prone to hissy-fits

Well, yeah. What do you think you get when you plant rapeseedWP?
You get a rapeweed?
Old 17th June 2018, 01:45 PM   #90
fibbermcgee
Scholar

Some dissension in the ranks? this was posted on Saturday on Facebook.

Stewart Rhodes of Oathkeepers calling out Craig Sawyer's credibility after his reversal on VOP. I believe Mr. Rhodes is a straight shooter who calls them exactly as he sees them.
fibbermcgee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd June 2018, 06:38 AM   #91
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Emily's Cat View Post
Huh, I find myself conflicted. They seem to be nutty as squirrel turds... but at least their hearts are in the right place?
Until you're out hiking with your kids in the desert and don't look right to them and you take two in the chest.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd June 2018, 06:39 AM   #92
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by crescent View Post
They've got Craig Sawyer, who seems to have been a Navy SEAL.
Wow, that's some high quality self loathing right there.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th June 2018, 11:15 AM   #93
Biscuit
Philosopher

I just love when my home town makes the headlines. Last time it was the giffords shooting.

The story with these VOP folks is pretty weird. A few years ago the leader started this group to find homeless veterans and get them help off the streets. He garnered a lot of attention and good will. A local guy even allowed him to set up a base camp on an abandoned lot he owns near downtown. The base camp has allegedly become a small fortified base of wood and used tires.

I guess over the last few years they have gone full tacti-cool military cosplay. Either they found all the homeless veterans or just got bored or inspired by other conspiracy theorists and have turned into an pedophile hunting club. When they found the “sex camp”they called the media first and the police second. Our gutless local reporters just let them have airtime to make these claims without doing any research so it was initially reported as fact.

Once the police came out and said it was just a regular camp these guys went nuts. They went from “back the blue” to the police are in on a coverup that leads all the way to the mayors office! Their evidence? The mayors last name is “Rothschild” so you know he’s “one of them.” Wink wink.

I predict as temperatures stay over 100F they will lose interest in patrolling the desert for their imaginary prey and turn to infighting and eventually splinter. Until then they are calling themselves “sheep dogs” protecting the herds of little babies in operation #backyardbrawl. Behind every bush is an MS13 gang member raping a child and every scrap of cloth they find is evidence they just missed them.
Old 28th June 2018, 01:24 PM   #94
Allen773
Graduate Poster

What's a "Vigilante Veteran?" Doesn't that sorta describe the mentality of Timothy McVeigh?
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories