IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags assassinations , JFK assassination , John F. Kennedy , Kennedy conspiracies

Closed Thread
Old 9th June 2018, 01:09 PM   #1
HSienzant
Philosopher

JFK Conspiracy Theories VII: Late November back in '63...

Mod Info This is a continuation from part VI. As is usual the split point is arbitrary and participants are free to refer to posts in the previous iterations of the thread.
Posted By:Agatha

Originally Posted by manifesto View Post
No, I’m claiming that nowhere in the thread is Larsen conflating ’should’ with ’shall’.

On the contrary, he repeatedly says that the regulations is just that, regulations, and if someone can show that this regulation was arbitrarily followed, the argument for a forgery based on the absence of bank stamps disappears.

I agree.

1. Yes, the regulations states that certain bank stamps should be present on PMO’s 1963, absent on the Hidell PMO.

2. What does it say about the authenticity of said Hidel PMO.

Well, it depends on how common it was that this regulation was followed.
It also depends on what the meaning of 'should' is.

In a legal sense, 'should' doesn't mean mandatory. It means 'optional but recommended'.

http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/a...abandon_shall/

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...d.php?t=575768
"Edit: "should" means a person is "encouraged" to do something while "must" and "shall" mean they are required to do it."
http://reqexperts.com/blog/2012/10/u...l-will-should/
Shall – Requirement: Shall is used to indicate a requirement that is contractually binding...
Should – Goals, non-mandatory provisions. Should is used to indicate a goal...
Keep pretending you don't understand or never saw the point being made.

Hank

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by Agatha; 9th June 2018 at 01:42 PM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th June 2018, 01:11 PM   #2
HSienzant
Philosopher

No, I’m claiming that nowhere in the thread is Larsen conflating ’should’ with ’shall’.
On the contrary, you and he are pretending 'should' means 'required' or 'must' but it doesn't.

It means 'recommended but optional'.

Hank

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th June 2018, 01:18 PM   #3
HSienzant
Philosopher

How do you know it was ”paid”?
William Waldman testified Klein's made a deposit of $13,827.98 on March 13th, 1963, of which one of the items was a deposit of 21.45. The money order from "A. Hidell" (Oswald's known alias) in the amount of #21.45 passed through their system on that day, March 13th, and would have been deposited to the bank on that day (the idea in business is to book sales as quickly as possible and pay vendors as late as possible).

== QUOTE ==
Mr. BELIN. You have just now stamped Waldman Deposition Exhibit No. 9 with your endorsement stamp?
Mr. WALDMAN. Correct.
Mr. BELIN. Do you have any way of knowing when exactly this money order was deposited by your company?
Mr. WALDMAN. I cannot specifically say when this money order was deposited by our company; however, as previously stated, a money order for $21.45 passed through our cash register on March 13, 1963.
Mr. BELIN. You're reading from Waldman---
Mr. WALDMAN. From a Mr. A. Hidell of Post Office Box No. 2915, from Dallas, Tex.
Mr. BELIN. And you are now reading from Waldman Deposition Exhibit No. 7?
Mr. WALDMAN. As indicated on Waldman Deposition Exhibit No. 7. Now, we cannot specifically say when this money order was deposited, but on our deposit of March 13, 1963, we show an item of $21.45, as indicated on the Xerox copy of our deposit slip marked, or identified by--as Waldman Deposition Exhibit No. 10.
Mr. BELIN. And I have just marked as a document what you are reading from, which appears to be a deposit with the First National Bank of Chicago by your company; is that correct?
Mr. WALDMAN. That's correct.
Mr. BELIN. And on that deposit, one of the items is $21.45, out of a total deposit that day of $13,827.98; is that correct?
== UNQUOTE ==

Hank

- Manifesto
Old 9th June 2018, 01:19 PM   #4
bknight
Master Poster

How do you know it was ”paid”?
Because LHO got the merchandise, very simple if you think about it instead of jousting with windmills
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th June 2018, 01:26 PM   #5
manifesto
Banned

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Because LHO got the merchandise,
Well, how do you know that?
manifesto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th June 2018, 01:27 PM   #6
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post
William Waldman testified Klein's made a deposit of $13,827.98 on March 13th, 1963, of which one of the items was a deposit of 21.45. The money order from "A. Hidell" (Oswald's known alias) in the amount of #21.45 passed through their system on that day, March 13th, and would have been deposited to the bank on that day (the idea in business is to book sales as quickly as possible and pay vendors as late as possible).

== QUOTE ==
Mr. BELIN. You have just now stamped Waldman Deposition Exhibit No. 9 with your endorsement stamp?
Mr. WALDMAN. Correct.
Mr. BELIN. Do you have any way of knowing when exactly this money order was deposited by your company?
Mr. WALDMAN. I cannot specifically say when this money order was deposited by our company; however, as previously stated, a money order for $21.45 passed through our cash register on March 13, 1963.
Mr. BELIN. You're reading from Waldman---
Mr. WALDMAN. From a Mr. A. Hidell of Post Office Box No. 2915, from Dallas, Tex.
Mr. BELIN. And you are now reading from Waldman Deposition Exhibit No. 7?
Mr. WALDMAN. As indicated on Waldman Deposition Exhibit No. 7. Now, we cannot specifically say when this money order was deposited, but on our deposit of March 13, 1963, we show an item of $21.45, as indicated on the Xerox copy of our deposit slip marked, or identified by--as Waldman Deposition Exhibit No. 10.
Mr. BELIN. And I have just marked as a document what you are reading from, which appears to be a deposit with the First National Bank of Chicago by your company; is that correct?
Mr. BELIN. And on that deposit, one of the items is $21.45, out of a total deposit that day of $13,827.98; is that correct?
== UNQUOTE ==

Hank
Any other questions from he who has read "everything" there is concerning the assassination, that is on the CT side, not the reality side?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th June 2018, 01:28 PM   #7
manifesto
Banned

It also depends on what the meaning of 'should' is.

In a legal sense, 'should' doesn't mean mandatory. It means 'optional but recommended'.

"Edit: "should" means a person is "encouraged" to do something while "must" and "shall" mean they are required to do it."
Shall – Requirement: Shall is used to indicate a requirement that is contractually binding...
Keep pretending you don't understand or never saw the point being made.

Hank
But you do agree that the federal regulations states that PMO’s ’should’ be stamped with bank endorsements on both sides in a prominent way?

Yes or no.
manifesto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th June 2018, 01:40 PM   #8
bknight
Master Poster

That is very simple also, A. Hidell's hand writing on the MO was positively as LHO.

How many more posts/bandwidth are you going to continue this fruitless search for someone to answer your pointless questions.
The money order was paid, LHO got the weapon used in the assassination, to the exclusion of every other weapon in existence.
Old 9th June 2018, 01:49 PM   #9
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Are you claiming someone else owned Oswald's rifle?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th June 2018, 01:50 PM   #10
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

But you do agree that the federal regulations states that PMO’s ’should’ be stamped with bank endorsements on both sides in a prominent way?

Yes or no.
Do you agree that it was paid?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th June 2018, 02:02 PM   #11
manifesto
Banned

Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
Do you agree that it was paid?
No, certainly not.
Old 9th June 2018, 02:03 PM   #12
manifesto
Banned

Are you claiming someone else owned Oswald's rifle?
No, I claim that Oswald did not own the rifle.
Old 9th June 2018, 02:05 PM   #13
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

No, certainly not.
You will need to provide evidence for your claim.
Old 9th June 2018, 02:07 PM   #14
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

You will need to provide evidence for your claim. Start with: who do CTs claim owned the rifle? We'll need to see the bill of sale and a properly endorsed money order.
Old 9th June 2018, 02:11 PM   #15
manifesto
Banned

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
That is very simple also, A. Hidell's hand writing on the MO was positively as LHO.
Photographs and Xerox copies of documents can’t be conclusively identified by analysing alleged handwriting.

Therefore the original is needed. Was it available to the hand writing experts consulted?

Quote:
How many more posts/bandwidth are you going to continue this fruitless search for someone to answer your pointless questions.
The money order was paid,
Well, that is the issue presently under consideration. Do you have any new evidence you would like to provide or are you just waiting time and space, aserting religionsly contrived dogma?

Quote:
LHO got the weapon
How do you know?

Quote:
used in the assassination, to the exclusion of every other weapon in existence.
I’ll take it you know this by actually studying the alleged evidence?
Old 9th June 2018, 02:12 PM   #16
manifesto
Banned

You will need to provide evidence for your claim. Start with: who do CTs claim owned the rifle? We'll need to see the bill of sale and a properly endorsed money order.
Fortunatly, this is not how it works. It’s the positive claim, that he purchased and owned the rifle that needs supporting evidence.

Have any?
Old 9th June 2018, 02:13 PM   #17
HSienzant
Philosopher

Yes or no.
Asked and answered. By my count at least four times now.

Yes, but it depends on what the meaning of 'should' is. In a legal sense, 'should' doesn't mean mandatory. It means 'optional but recommended'.

Hank

- Manifesto
Old 9th June 2018, 02:14 PM   #18
manifesto
Banned

On the contrary, you and he are pretending 'should' means 'required' or 'must' but it doesn't.

It means 'recommended but optional'.

Hank
Where do Larsen ”pretend” this?

Show us.
Old 9th June 2018, 02:14 PM   #19
HSienzant
Philosopher

Photographs and Xerox copies of documents can’t be conclusively identified by analysing alleged handwriting.

Therefore the original is needed. Was it available to the hand writing experts consulted?
Yes.

Hank

- Manifesto
Old 9th June 2018, 02:15 PM   #20
HSienzant
Philosopher

Show us.
Larsen in that thread you or MicahJava linked to a few pages back.
You in this thread.

Do you agree with the below? If not, why not:

Hank

- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 9th June 2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old 9th June 2018, 02:16 PM   #21
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

What does all of the evidence in the Warren Commission Report say about it?

Quote:
Well, that is the issue presently under consideration. Do you have any new evidence you would like to provide or are you just waiting time and space, aserting religionsly contrived dogma?
You claim it wasn't paid. Should be easy for you to show where the bank refused to honor it.

Quote:
How do you know?
What does the consilience of evidence in the Warren Commission Report say about it?

Quote:
Are you claiming something about the evidence? You will need to provide evidence.
Old 9th June 2018, 02:18 PM   #22
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Fortunatly, this is not how it works. It’s the positive claim, that he purchased and owned the rifle that needs supporting evidence.
Yes, you claimed he didn't own his rifle so now you have to provide evidence of that. Are you retracting your claim?
Old 9th June 2018, 02:20 PM   #23
manifesto
Banned

Yes
Good. Settled.

Next question is, what does this mean considering the authenticity of the Hidell PMO.

You are claiming that, since that word ”should” isn’t mandatory in a legal/judiciary sense, the absence of the regulated bank stamps on the Hidell PMO is NOT evidence of a forgery, correct?
Old 9th June 2018, 02:20 PM   #24
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

It’s the positive claim...that needs supporting evidence.
I claim that Oswald did not own the rifle.
You need to get busy providing that evidence.
Old 9th June 2018, 02:21 PM   #25
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Yes or no.
Yes, I agree that it "should" (that is what the regulations state) but it doesn't have to be. The Oswald/Hidell PMO was simply among the many that wasn't. In any case, there is plenty of other evidence that proves beyond any doubt whatsoever that the Oswald/Hidell money order was banked and cleared...

1. Stamped with Klein's endorsement stamp.
2. Banked by Klein's on March 13.
3. Processed through the First National Bank bank of Chicago's batch processing system.
4. Sent to the Federal Reserve who stamped it with their file locator number
5. Found by the FBI after a lengthy search

What else is it going to take for you to accept that this was not forged, it was a genuine postal money order.

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th June 2018, 02:22 PM   #26
manifesto
Banned

Larsen in that thread you or MicahJava linked to a few pages back.
You in this thread.

Hank
Lol. Cite the parts where he ”pretends” that the regulation is proof of a forgery.

After this, do the same with my writing in this thread.
Old 9th June 2018, 02:24 PM   #27
manifesto
Banned

Yes.

Hank
Was it? Could you show the evidence of this?
Old 9th June 2018, 02:25 PM   #28
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Lol. Cite the parts where he ”pretends” that the regulation is proof of a forgery.
You are going to get such a spanking for transporting those goalposts across state lines.
Old 9th June 2018, 02:26 PM   #29
HSienzant
Philosopher

Good. Settled.

Next question is, what does this mean considering the authenticity of the Hidell PMO.

You are claiming that, since that word ”should” isn’t mandatory in a legal/judiciary sense, the absence of the regulated bank stamps on the Hidell PMO is NOT evidence of a forgery, correct?

Of course the absence of the optional bank stamps doesn't indicate a forgery. I'm claiming that you've presented no evidence to date that there is anything wrong with the money order whatsoever, despite your arguments going back at least ten pages on this forum.

Hank

- Manifesto
Old 9th June 2018, 02:27 PM   #30
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Don't forget you need to provide evidence for your two most recent claims.
Old 9th June 2018, 02:28 PM   #31
HSienzant
Philosopher

On the contrary, you and he are pretending 'should' means 'required' or 'must' but it doesn't. It means 'recommended but optional'.
Show us.
Larsen in that thread you or MicahJava linked to a few pages back. You in this thread.

After this, do the same with my writing in this thread.
Straw man argument. You're changing the claim I made.

Hank

- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 9th June 2018 at 02:30 PM.
Old 9th June 2018, 02:30 PM   #32
bknight
Master Poster

How do you know?

Hank answered the first question.
As to the second, I rely on evidence not the bare assertions you throw out on a daily basis.
As to the third, of course not that evidence is stored away, but the ballistics evidence is available, all you have to do is search for it, so don't ask me to do your research by providing a citation. I sure if you searched any one these threads, you could find it/them.
Old 9th June 2018, 02:54 PM   #33
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

? What? Was he simply renting it? That claim gets you nowhere and still puts the rifle in LHO's hands. On top, you have precisely **** all evidence for such a claim.

You seem to be entirely innocent of how you self represent on the internet. Sure, AAH may exist on this particular site, but the also exists sites like the web archive, a site which I am a paid member of. Why would I pay to be a member of such a site? Easy. Folks like your try to pretend that they did not post what they posted. They simply do not get off the conspiratorial hook so easily. As they should not.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th June 2018, 03:25 PM   #34
manifesto
Banned

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
? What? Was he simply renting it? That claim gets you nowhere and still puts the rifle in LHO's hands. On top, you have precisely **** all evidence for such a claim.
He neither rented, borrowed or owned it. He did not shoot at JFK or Tippit and he was not part in a conspiracy to do that.

He was innocent.

Quote:
You seem to be entirely innocent of how you self represent on the internet. Sure, AAH may exist on this particular site, but the also exists sites like the web archive, a site which I am a paid member of. Why would I pay to be a member of such a site? Easy. Folks like your try to pretend that they did not post what they posted. They simply do not get off the conspiratorial hook so easily. As they should not.
What? Is this some kind of threat?
Old 9th June 2018, 03:33 PM   #35
HSienzant
Philosopher

Yes I could.

Hank

- Manifesto
Old 9th June 2018, 03:39 PM   #36
manifesto
Banned

Of course the absence of the optional bank stamps doesn't indicate a forgery. I'm claiming that you've presented no evidence to date that there is anything wrong with the money order whatsoever, despite your arguments going back at least ten pages on this forum.

Hank
I have been trying to establish that the federal regulations in 1963 stated that there should be bank endorsement stamps on PMO’s, stamps absent on the Hidell PMO.

This has taken a very long time, but is at last settled and agreed upon.

Next step is, as I said, to see what this means regarding the authenticity of said Hidell PMO and I haven’t even started to argue this in any way.

I guess that your earlier conflation of these two separate issues and your present preempting of arguments you believe I will present is somewhat signs of anguish?

What is it that scare you with this Hidell PMO, Hank? Are we threading on dangerous ground threatening to collapse your decades long carefully constructed cognitive castle protecting you from Reality coming crushing in on all sides destroying your little kingdom of Faith?

Why ’should’ bank endorsement stamps be present on both sides of the PMO? Why this ”suggestion/advise/recommendation” in the federal regulations?

Do you know?
Old 9th June 2018, 03:41 PM   #37
manifesto
Banned

Yes I could.

Hank
Well, where is it?
Old 9th June 2018, 03:43 PM   #38
HSienzant
Philosopher

Well, where is it?
Where is what? Your evidence for the 100 claims you made?

I have no clue.

Hank

- Manifesto
Old 9th June 2018, 03:45 PM   #39
HSienzant
Philosopher

I have been trying to establish that the federal regulations in 1963 stated that there should be bank endorsement stamps on PMO’s, stamps absent on the Hidell PMO. This has taken a very long time, but is at last settled and agreed upon.
You agree then that bank stamps are optional and their absence doesn't mean anything?

Or are you pretending still they must be present?

Hank

- Manifesto
Old 9th June 2018, 03:46 PM   #40
manifesto
Banned

Straw man argument. You're changing the claim I made.

Hank
Where do Larsen pretend that, ”'should' means 'required' or 'must'”? Cite the relevant text.

After this, show where I pretends the same.
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories