IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 11th August 2018, 09:09 AM   #1
rlopez2
Critical Thinker

what is a police state? . . .

RE: Rlopez2, what is it you would like to do that you can't because the police state is keeping you from it? Having traveled extensively in Africa, to include being in Uganda for their last presidential election, I know from police states. What is it about the US that makes you think it's a police state?
RE: And - did you even read your own links?
RE: Perhaps you could start with evidence. Much of what you provide as evidence ends with a question mark or you give links that don't say what you claim.

Also, from now on all my posts all my comments as "conspiracy theories" since this is what is in the store for me it seems

What makes you think I didn't/haven't? I was even using wikipedia which is owned and managed. I could also add a few of my own, but let me ask you a question since you seem to be trying to educate me: What then defines for you guys what a police state is?

To me the most important factors are:

* the degree of control the police have over "we the people": to the point of successfully selling people (who are not mentally ill) the illusion that they are "reading, hijacking their minds" (you have no idea about my constant argument with them trying to make them go away from such ideas tormenting them to the point of committing suicide (I have talked about it in detail inmy previous posts)). Even Filipino state man Rodrigo Duterte was saying that "God was telling him to stop bad mouthing USG":

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/29/w...rse-words.html

we, TIs, knew what went on there

* the fact that it is the police running society, governments are just fronts: most members of the US senate and congress admitted to not even knowing what "N-S-A" stood for. Do you remember that cosmically idiotic prime minister from New Zealand I think it was making fun of people saying the New Zealand was a 5-eye country, part of the NSA? I have no reasons per se to like Trump, but I still see the good in him when it comes to such issues. AFAIK, he has been the only US President to have the balls to fire those ********

* the perp (snitches and perpetrators to general population) ratio, which is higher in the U.S. than it ever was in Nazi and East Germany (I have talked about in my previous posts)

* that they control the media, "responsibly" and effectively doctor the information reaching the people's minds: I have worked in buildings hosting primary schools and I notice everywhere (as I notice also in NYC) large posters basically telling primary schoolers about becoming homo-, bi, sexual about "having the strength", "being proud" about, "liberating themselves" by being LBWTHX, (whatever the acronym is). I really don't care about people's sexuality, but:
1) since when it is the job of the government to be telling people about their sexuality?
2) why is it they are telling primary school children about it?
3) since when people's sexuality is a political matter?
I have my own theory as to why that happens, but I will stop myself now.

* excessive "bread and circuses" you notice in society to keep people stupid, easily controllable, "entertained"

* how they abuse their own people: USG keeps, has been keeping for way too long, one of the historically largest incarceration rates among "civilized" nations, way higher than even open police states such as Cuba

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rceration_rate

* how they imperially abuse other people to the benefit of their own oligarchs and to a certain extent their own people: in their latest "good for business" wars USG has 8x the genocidal ratio of Nazi Germany during WWII and that is not only a figure when Nazis were doing their "freedom loving", "exceptionalism" and all that great stuff, they used their "wordlsonlysuperpowerness" to go against people that could and did defend themselves on an equal basis and after the Red Army rendered their huge military apparatus ineffective and bent them into defensive tactics, they actually sieged upon the chance of actually testing their delusions about "God being with them", effectively opting for their Götterdämmerung. Why is it so hard for USG to find Russia and/or China on a map? Lots of oil, strategic minerals, and all kinds of **** there, including consumers. I have asked that question here a number of times and apparently no one has an answer for it.

Now, would you share what are the aspects you consider important while defining a police state?

Edited by Loss Leader:  Edited for Rule 10. Do not try to avoid the autocensor.

Last edited by Loss Leader; 11th August 2018 at 08:28 PM.
rlopez2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2018, 09:14 AM   #2
fagin
Philosopher

Word salad.
Old 17th August 2018, 01:26 PM   #3
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

I recognise the words. The grammar? Wow..........that's a work of art.
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2018, 02:01 PM   #4
p0lka
Illuminator

rlopez2 there's a quote button in the lower right of anyone's comments, if u press that then you don't have to do the RE: thing and type it out, you just press Quote and it appears in your reply.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2018, 08:46 AM   #5
Doubt
Philosopher

A police state is one run by pretentious pop stars that are from the UK but have a sound borrowed from reggae.
Old 19th August 2018, 11:53 AM   #6
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

A police state is a state where Chief Wiggum would become the Governor. Everyone know that.

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2018, 12:06 PM   #7
fagin
Philosopher

rlopez2 appears to have disappeared.

That's what happens when you mention the ****** *****.
Old 19th August 2018, 04:06 PM   #8
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by p0lka View Post
rlopez2 there's a quote button in the lower right of anyone's comments, if u press that then you don't have to do the RE: thing and type it out, you just press Quote and it appears in your reply.
He has javascript disabled and he claims to be posting from within a Faraday cage. Also, the special thinkers almost always have the special formatting.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2018, 05:00 PM   #9
Allen773
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Doubt View Post
A police state is one run by pretentious pop stars that are from the UK but have a sound borrowed from reggae.
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2018, 06:52 AM   #10
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by rlopez2 View Post
* the perp (snitches and perpetrators to general population) ratio, which is higher in the U.S. than it ever was in Nazi and East Germany (I have talked about in my previous posts)
What is the current ratio? And what was the ratio in Nazi Germany? Is there a graph showing the history of the US ratio?

Quote:
* that they control the media, "responsibly" and effectively doctor the information reaching the people's minds: I have worked in buildings hosting primary schools and I notice everywhere (as I notice also in NYC) large posters basically telling primary schoolers about becoming homo-, bi, sexual about "having the strength", "being proud" about, "liberating themselves" by being LBWTHX, (whatever the acronym is). I really don't care about people's sexuality, but:
1) since when it is the job of the government to be telling people about their sexuality?
2) why is it they are telling primary school children about it?
3) since when people's sexuality is a political matter?
I have my own theory as to why that happens, but I will stop myself now.
I am amazed to learn of such a thing. Can you provide some sort of references that show these posters placed in primary schools?

Also, there really is no reason to keep your theory to yourself. Why do you believe that the government is telling primary school children about become homosexual?
Old 9th September 2018, 08:54 AM   #11
rlopez2
Critical Thinker

RE: What is the current ratio?

Based on my own experience the perp ratio in the U.S. (snitches and perps to general population) is, at the very least, three times higher than the well-documented 2% in East Germany. I was born and raised in Cuba in a family of high profile political dissidents and went to school in East Germany where the stasi gave me plenty of **** even though I was just a Scheißausländer kid extremely busy with my school work and as part of a very demanding research group (TU Dresden and Rossendorf Nuclear Research Center).

It is not just about that figure, but how the snitching and perpetrating is being done. You would think that since they have so much real time information about every individual in society through engineering technologies, that they would not need actual people to contribute to persecution. In the U.S. they have been using apps to network and coordinate perps' actions real time. They keep a journal of your whereabouts and what you have been doing and saying to expose it to all perps. Great Lord, thank you for listening to my prayers! I am so glad that they are minding what I say! My ego is rewarded in such healthy and nice ways!

You are at the cashier lane in a store and a perp pulls a cell phone and starts saying exactly word by word (including prosody) what you or the other party said during a supposedly private phone conversation. Also gringos are obsessed with sex, but not in the way most people would think of it. Sex in the U.S. is used instead for actually enjoying it as people did up to the glorious 80s when people still had that thing they used to call music, but for "sexual harassment" law suits and accusations (they even run a public head count of men being ... (what is the verb they use?)), for silly "don't say don't tell" political matters, to find out that "you are woman trapped in the body of a man", to institute "gender studies" in those so-called "Humanities" in academia as a full subject matter of study such as medicine and Mathematics, ... and they use sexual matters as a way to supposedly shame you. They share naked pictures of you among all perps (for whatever sick reason most TIs are women), so, when you are at some place some perp starts talking on his phone about "that tattoo 'you' have on a certain part of your body", about "how you like it", about how your spouse is cheating on you because you are not good at satisfying him/her the way they want (with explicit explanations and relating how the actual encounter went) ...
~
RE: And what was the ratio in Nazi Germany?

I don't remember the exact figure right now, but I know that it is well-known figure as well (1.6?). I you want to learn more about such matters Anthropologist Ilko-Sascha Kowalczuk is your friend:

// __ Stasi konkret: Überwachung und Repression in der DDR, by Ilko-Sascha Kowalczuk

https://www.amazon.de/Stasi-konkret/dp/3406638384/
~
RE: Is there a graph showing the history of the US ratio?

Well, obviously you know very little about the U.S. Among many other aspects of how the U.S. functions, they made "interpretations of laws" illegal a long time ago. Now, to anyone with some healthy neurons supporting their sanity, such things would be like physical scientists and engineers saying that you can't talk about gravity. How on earth could "interpretations of laws" be illegal?!? Laws by their very nature are supposed to be socially known, this is the whole point of instituting laws, right? Such things which many other people would take as signs of collective madness are "normal" in the U.S.
~
RE: I am amazed to learn of such a thing. Can you provide some sort of references that show these posters placed in primary schools?

I am the one who is amazed to learn about your amazement. It is a very public matter. It is all over the Internet even on the official sites of NYC's DoE

https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-l...gender-support

https://growingupnyc.cityofnewyork.u.../topics/lgbtq/

If you search google image and endure the tsunami of false positive hits you will get, you will find the kinds of posters I am talking about. The particular one I was seeing in primary schools in NYC were like this one:

http://operationrespect.org/2017/06/13/lgbtq/
~
RE: Also, there really is no reason to keep your theory to yourself. Why do you believe that the government is telling primary school children about become homosexual?

First they are not telling primary school children about becoming homosexual, but, coming it from gringos, their indoctrination since such an irrational early age is about "being 'free', having the 'courage' to choose ..." framed in sophisticated pictures of what seem to be homo-, bisexual youth. I haven’t yet seen a picture of an homosexual child which would be very weird, but the large posters with very specific and clear information. This is how gringos talk, apparently how they see reality for themselves.

OK, I would admit, as some people may see it, I am biased against politicians, but I definitely think it must be the government behind it, because:

a) schools in the U.S. are very restricted environments, physically and ideologically. As a teacher myself I need not only state but also DoE clearance and a yearly medical check to be able to walk into a school off the street.

b) how all that "sexual propaganda" is being used to indoctrinate children and youth using the very venues used by the state to, say, rate schools and let parents know about their rights when it comes to the education of their children.

c) who is instituting and funding such policies

d) I have myself experienced how children are being abused in schools a la 1984. Children are being told within the school premise (in the case a middle school) by the school authorities to harass Mr. Lopez ... that, generally speaking, should be -very- illegal for more than one good reason and I am not saying it primarily because I was the target of that kind of silly bs.

Now, you may be still wondering about "why?" and this may sound to you as anywhere from an educated guess to a wild "Alex Jones" kind of opinion:

e) I think USG is doing that because they would rather brainwash children into believing that freedom is about sex than having them organize against the NRA and turn U.S. politics upside down as the latest trends have been in the U.S. During the Vietnam era they disseminated psychedelic drugs such as LSD among the youth in order to keep them "quite" and "occupied" while at the same time they would be psychologically/neurobiologically trashing themselves; or as hippies themselves in those times would say: "to keep them 'aware'". It has been well documented that it was actually part of MK-Ultra psy-ops to avail the civil rights and anti war movements of drugs.

But what truly amazes me is that parents haven't protested that kind of indoctrination (oh, wait! isn't "indoctrination" what Vladimir Putin does?). I remember schools were selling "shelf space" to business (Math problem): Jimmy wants to buy a new pair of tennis shoes with his own allowances ... (right next to the story line there was a picture-perfect pair of tennis shoes which placement businesses would bid for). Schools defended the practice saying that they were cash strapped and that that "helped the students understand the problem better" (of course, politicians, not teachers, would talk like that), but parents didn't have it. They raised hell and even passed laws about it and I think schools stopped doing that at least when it comes to minors.

If I were a parent I would question the government about that kind of sexual indoctrination or "education", as they call it from such an early age. I would not even let my child get anywhere a cell phone and such things. Minor children are supposed to be practicing sports to the point of sweating, endurance and socially playing instead of wasting their lives playing stupidly illusive computer games and being lazy, so that "capitalism", big farma, politicians, ... benefit from that kind of early "bread and circus" bs in the future.
rlopez2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2018, 09:40 AM   #12
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Too much garbled information to know what is being argued and why.

Too bad, as I think the basic question is probably worth thinking about.

Long long ago, far too long ago to remember any attribution, I recall one observation that a police state (or perhaps it was fascism) might be defined by the role of the police. In a normal or democratic state the role of the police is to protect the people. In a police state the role of the police is to protect the government from the people.

A pedant is a man who studies a vacuum through instruments that allow him to draw cross-sections of the details (John Ciardi)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2018, 10:14 AM   #13
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

RE: What is the current ratio?

Based on my own experience

Snipped

Read as: Meaningless number pulled from the fundamental.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2018, 10:15 AM   #14
fagin
Philosopher

The quote button is your friend.
Old 9th September 2018, 11:02 AM   #15
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Police/Citizen ratio isn't what makes a police state.
The key factor is excessive surveillance (physical and internet) and a Judiciary subservient to the Executive.
Old 9th September 2018, 12:12 PM   #16
rlopez2
Critical Thinker

RE: I have myself experienced how children are being abused in schools á la 1984 ...

The children, Orwell writes in 1984: "were systematically turned against their parents and taught to spy on them and report their deviations. The family has become in effect an extension of the Thought Police. It was a device by means of which everyone could be surrounded night and day by informers who knew him intimately"

Right from the FBI's operation manual

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31/...in-informants/

* With permission from supervisors, FBI agents may recruit minors as informants. They may also, with permission from the U.S. Department of Justice, recruit clergy, lawyers, and journalists.
~
What they are not saying to you is that even children (I can confirm as little as middle schoolers) are being used as perps in schools. To follow around and gaslight teachers.

Personally, I find that more abusive to kids than stupid, but they seem to have the need to start training them from an early age. I wonder what "permission" from which "supervisors" would make any of it "legal".
Old 9th September 2018, 12:27 PM   #17
fagin
Philosopher

You are now Re ing quotes that aren't even quotes?
Old 9th September 2018, 09:01 PM   #18
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

A police state is a state with police in it. So...everywhere! Just about.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2018, 10:39 PM   #19
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

I'm gonna need evidence that children are gaslighting people at the behest of the FBI.

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2018, 01:41 AM   #20
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
RE: I have myself experienced how children are being abused in schools á la 1984 ...
As mentioned by fagin, you appear to be making up quotes to respond to. Who are you quoting here?

The children, Orwell writes in 1984: "were systematically turned against their parents and taught to spy on them and report their deviations. The family has become in effect an extension of the Thought Police. It was a device by means of which everyone could be surrounded night and day by informers who knew him intimately"
1984 was a work of fiction. You knew that, right? Quoting it in support of your perceived conspiracy/oppression thing is not going to help.

Right from the FBI's operation manual

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31/...in-informants/

* With permission from supervisors, FBI agents may recruit minors as informants. They may also, with permission from the U.S. Department of Justice, recruit clergy, lawyers, and journalists.
This part is true.

~
What they are not saying to you is that even children (I can confirm as little as middle schoolers) are being used as perps in schools. To follow around and gaslight teachers.
This part you just made up.

Personally, I find that more abusive to kids than stupid, but they seem to have the need to start training them from an early age. I wonder what "permission" from which "supervisors" would make any of it "legal".
More meandering nonsense based on fiction.

Stop torturing yourself. You are inventing things to be scared of and angry about. Step out from under these self-induced shadows and enjoy the world as it actually is. Your life will be so much better.

Bring Back the Yak! P.J. Denyer
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2018, 04:17 AM   #21
rlopez2
Critical Thinker

RE: I'm gonna need evidence that children are gaslighting people at the behest of the FBI.

and someone else was asking me for "a graph showing the history of the US perp ratio" ...

As I said, there is no way on earth that I, or anyone could show such a graph in the U.S. This is why I have always loved Deutsche Sachlichkeit. You would get such figures and "graphs" in Germany not in the U.S. After the Snowden revelations, the very members of the U.S. senate and congress admitted that they didn't even know what the acronym N-S-A stood for. Even Dianne Feinstein herself, which very job was overseeing the NSA, said that Snowden had made all of this up (to her credit later she changed her mind and the CIA/FBI was messing with her, letting her know who the bosses were)

As I have said before I finally understood the Hegelian concept of history by noticing that the U.S. has no history but propaganda and brainwashing. Hegel understood history in a way that, for example, the British, gringos and Spaniards have none or very little of it in a dysfunctional way. All they can claim about their own "history" is how they have abused other people, that is why they have to invent bsing philosophies such as the Monroe doctrine, the "'white' man burden", reducing happiness, morality to having stuff, ... in order to make sense of themselves.
~
RE: What they are not saying to you is that even children (I can confirm as little as middle schoolers) are being used as perps in schools. To follow around and gaslight teachers.

You have made fun of my English/language usage, but at least the smart rear ends you believe you are, you should notice that I would never mix judgments/falsifiable statements with my own or other people's opinions. This right now is an opinion based on my own experiences:

I used to work as an adult ed teacher at:

Ridgewood Bushwick Senior Citizen Council and Youth Center (rbscc.org)
1474 Gates Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11237

and I didn't care about being cloaked by their own "school security" people (not because you are a criminal or anything, police in the U.S. pays those kinds of idiots cash and bonuses to harass certain people they target), but what I found as definitely more than half way off was using two middle schoolers for that kind of bs.

They were asking those two kids to stand at the entrance of the school in kind of a guarding pose when I came in and went out of the school, to show up at random places were I was (schools have monitoring cameras everywhere, AFAIK except in bathrooms), when I suddenly went to the bathroom they would either come in or stand outside. They would come into my classroom and start acting as if they were looking for something or stand on the door from the outside (in a way my students couldn't see them) and stare at me ... Based on how often and when that kind of bs happened, I am sure those two kids must have had to step out of their classroom (missing their learning) in order to gaslight a teacher, but even if they were no missing classes, I think it is abusive that the government is using kids for such bs, even if they do that to train them for the future. Those two kids were the same two holding U.S. flags during a school ceremony and they run the top of them against the stage upper wiring.

I am not sure if it is the FBI and in NYC they have a local FBI, but definitely the government must be behind all that nonsense.
~
RE: This part you just made up.

So, now you are quick to assume that I am making **** up, but would quietly admit without questioning such practices on a moral ground. So, it is OK for USG to abuse children by using them as perps and snitches? Amazing!

People living just blocks away from concentration camps in Nazi Germany did not know that that was going on in these camps, nor could they believe it when they saw it with their own eyes:

// __ German civilians visit the Buchenwald concentration camp in Weimar, Germany. HD Stock Footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMLXpNtPsp8
~
I went to school in East Germany in the 80s and being the kind of ****** I am I did visit many museums and talk with lots of people (it was still part of their living memories in those times and, contrary to what happens in the U.S., German people do talk about their own ***** in quite uninhibited ways) from ehemalige "Hitler Mädchen" and ex-Nazi officers who then had become Philosophy professors to even Jewish-German people who chose to remain in Germany instead of going to live in Israel. First, what the media wants for you to believe doesn't exactly represent reality in those times. Nazi Germany was not a totally crazy, scary and gruesome place. It was more like what happens in the U.S. nowadays: some sort of schizophrenic moral detachment and conscious disengagement. Part of it was Nazis were throwing a nation wide party and they were enjoying it and they were honest about it themselves (that last part you don't see in the U.S.).

You could find many U.S. academia professors rightfully exercising criticism about the "horrors of the holocaust" ..., but if you were to ask them why is it that they don't criticize USG and the British government for spearheading wars which have greatly surpassed the genocidal ration of Nazi Germany including all people exterminated in concentration camps they would go intellectually and morally mute. They would just say to you "you are making this up" even though they should know better.

Last edited by rlopez2; 10th September 2018 at 04:46 AM.
Old 10th September 2018, 04:41 AM   #22
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Doubt View Post
They conduct a lot of sting operations.

ETA: and of course, in a police state, every move you make, every vow you break, every smile you fake, every claim you stake, they'll be watching you...

Last edited by Porpoise of Life; 10th September 2018 at 05:31 AM.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2018, 05:27 AM   #23
fagin
Philosopher

They were asking those two kids to stand at the entrance of the school in kind of a guarding pose when I came in and went out of the school, to show up at random places were I was (schools have monitoring cameras everywhere, AFAIK except in bathrooms), when I suddenly went to the bathroom they would either come in or stand outside. They would come into my classroom and start acting as if they were looking for something or stand on the door from the outside (in a way my students couldn't see them) and stare at me ... Based on how often and when that kind of bs happened, I am sure those two kids must have had to step out of their classroom (missing their learning) in order to gaslight a teacher, but even if they were no missing classes, I think it is abusive that the government is using kids for such bs, even if they do that to train them for the future. Those two kids were the same two holding U.S. flags during a school ceremony and they run the top of them against the stage upper wiring.

I am not sure if it is the FBI and in NYC they have a local FBI, but definitely the government must be behind all that nonsense.
~
RE: This part you just made up.

Hahahahahaha

You're doing it again.
Old 10th September 2018, 06:10 AM   #24
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by p0lka View Post
I read this post from you, P0lka, and I think "if this were 1998, this would be justified." But since we' in 2018 instead, the OP has no excuse.

Anyway, there's no point in reading the OP's posts. If he won't put some effort in formatting them better, I won't put any effort in reading them.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2018, 06:12 AM   #25
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

A police state is any society where the police don't have enough power to do what you want and enough power to do what you don't want them to do, updated in real time.
Old 10th September 2018, 06:43 AM   #26
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

One more time, for the deaf among us...

USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2018, 06:49 AM   #27
fagin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post

USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!!
Just in case you missed it.
Old 10th September 2018, 07:19 AM   #28
tinribmancer

Originally Posted by fagin View Post

Just in case you missed it.
Put it in rainbow colors, in case he misses it again.

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2018, 07:27 AM   #29
carlitos
"más divertido"

Hey rlopez2!

Since you can't use the quote button, please do this. Thank you in advance for your help in moving this discussion forward.
To show a quote like this:

Originally Posted by username
thing quoted from that user
Just type this:

[quote=username]thing quoted from that user[/quote]

No javascript required, just typing ascii characters on your keyboard. Easy peasy.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2018, 07:34 AM   #30
fagin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post
Put it in rainbow colors, in case he misses it again.
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post

USE
THE QUOTE BUTTON!!
As you wish. I doubt it will make any difference.
Old 10th September 2018, 08:45 AM   #31
tinribmancer

Talking

Laughing my ass off with that post.

Old 10th September 2018, 11:21 AM   #32
Whip
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by username
Hey rlopez2!

Since you can't use the quote button, please do this. Thank you in advance for your help in moving this discussion forward.
To show a quote like this:

Just type this:

No javascript required, just typing ascii characters on your keyboard. Easy peasy.

well, that doesn't work either
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2018, 11:41 AM   #33
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

How can someone expect to be taken seriously when they are unable to use simple forum posting tools?

BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2018, 12:29 PM   #34
carlitos
"más divertido"

He has javascript disabled. It's really that simple, I believe.
Old 10th September 2018, 12:39 PM   #35
tinribmancer

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
He has javascript disabled. It's really that simple, I believe.
Maybe rlopez2 believes that there is a conspiracy with Java aswell?

Old 10th September 2018, 12:43 PM   #36
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post
Maybe rlopez2 believes that there is a conspiracy with Java aswell?
He claims to be posting from a Faraday cage, so he has a particular view of online security. Amusingly enough, his blog gave me a warning about its use of tracking cookies.
Old 10th September 2018, 12:49 PM   #37
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
He claims to be posting from a Faraday cage, so he has a particular peculiar view of online security. Amusingly enough, his blog gave me a warning about its use of tracking cookies.
FIFY

Old 10th September 2018, 07:00 PM   #38
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

If javascript is disabled how does he post at all?

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2018, 07:58 PM   #39
rlopez2
Critical Thinker

RE: at the very least, three times higher than the well-documented 2% in East Germany
RE: Read as: Meaningless number pulled from the fundamental.

actually the most important part of my statement even if coming out of my fundamental is: <b>at the very least</b> ... that is ... 6%+
~
RE: ETA: and of course, in a police state, every move you make, every vow you break, every smile you fake, every claim you stake, they'll be watching you...

which brought me to the loveliest arrangement I have heard so far of NSA's anthem. How would tell that the Cuban embargo would do any good?

// __ Every Breath You Take - Amazing Talent! | www.RelaxingBlues.Com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-YT6bkyFV8
~
for those of us not old enough to know what happened there, this is Sting's original with "The Police" (no pun intended that was the name of one of Sting's first groups)

// __ ThePoliceVEVO: The Police - Every Breath You Take

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs
~
specially those voice blends by vocal sampling are definitely better that what they tried with synthesizers

and yes those guys are just singing

// __ Hotel California Acapella Mix Beatbox With Lyrics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgxBwHSigww
~
RE: Maybe rlopez2 believes that there is a conspiracy with Java aswell?

actually javascript is being used as one of the vectors most useful to hack people's computers
~
RE: If javascript is disabled how does he post at all?

That you could easily try. Why do you have to ask such questions?
~
Old 10th September 2018, 08:54 PM   #40
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

RE: at the very least, three times higher than the well-documented 2% in East Germany
RE: Read as: Meaningless number pulled from the fundamental.

actually the most important part of my statement even if coming out of my fundamental is: <b>at the very least</b> ... that is ... 6%+
~
RE: ETA: and of course, in a police state, every move you make, every vow you break, every smile you fake, every claim you stake, they'll be watching you...

which brought me to the loveliest arrangement I have heard so far of NSA's anthem. How would tell that the Cuban embargo would do any good?

// __ Every Breath You Take - Amazing Talent! | www.RelaxingBlues.Com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-YT6bkyFV8
~
for those of us not old enough to know what happened there, this is Sting's original with "The Police" (no pun intended that was the name of one of Sting's first groups)

// __ ThePoliceVEVO: The Police - Every Breath You Take

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs
~
specially those voice blends by vocal sampling are definitely better that what they tried with synthesizers

and yes those guys are just singing

// __ Hotel California Acapella Mix Beatbox With Lyrics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgxBwHSigww
~
RE: Maybe rlopez2 believes that there is a conspiracy with Java aswell?

actually javascript is being used as one of the vectors most useful to hack people's computers
~
RE: If javascript is disabled how does he post at all?

That you could easily try. Why do you have to ask such questions?
~
I just installed a javascript disabler in Firefox. It is disabled as I post here. Let's see if I can post, and if the quote button works, shall we?

e.t.a. Well whaddya know? It seems to work without javascript enabled. So we are back to "learn to use the quote button." See if you can provide evidence that you are a competent and caring individual who is not lost in a private world where things work differently for you.

A pedant is a man who studies a vacuum through instruments that allow him to draw cross-sections of the details (John Ciardi)

Last edited by bruto; 10th September 2018 at 08:58 PM.
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories