ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags D.I.D. , Dr. Phil , false memory syndrome , Judy Byington , mind control , mpd , multiple personalities , recovered memory therapy , satanic ritual abuse

Old 20th August 2016, 12:37 AM   #2121
videorob
New Blood

Originally Posted by kali1137 View Post
2nd, did Robert ever do the Q&A he was planning? Are there any interesting updates?
Hey Kali, no, never did any Q&A. Life got in the way for a bit, and I just started thinking that the situation was just a lot less, I dunno, relevant than it had been. As things died down I was also reluctant to stir them back up without good reason. If you have any questions though, I'm happy to answer them.
videorob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2016, 04:04 PM   #2122
cosmicaug
Muse

Just seems of possible interest to some folk:
https://medium.com/@pluraldoxa/i-am-mr-robot-defe6ee93edf
Old 25th August 2016, 05:03 AM   #2123
kali1137
Thinker

Rob, thank you for taking the time to answer. When I first started reading the thread, I wasn't so much paying attention to the dates of the postings and I imagine that much of the huff has died down now. I do have a few questions if you don't mind. Is the infamous doctor still in contact with your mother or have you all been able to keep her at bay? I see that the book still resides at amazon, has your mother, or any family for that matter, gotten any proceeds from it's selling?
kali1137 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2016, 08:26 AM   #2124
videorob
New Blood

For those of you who have followed this story over the years, I have some sad news. My mom, Jenny Hill, passed away this week. It was very sudden, and we're all still reeling from it. More than, I can't even tell you.

So many of you have shown support for my mom over the years, and I can't tell you how grateful I am for that.

As most of you know, she never received payment after the book's release, and didn't really have any financial assets when she passed. We're kinda scrambling to pay for funeral expenses, and if you would like to be involved in that, we've set up a GoFundMe that breaks down the costs, and provides the chance to contribute. I'm restricted from posting the link, not enough posts on the forum, but it's on GoFundMe under the name Jenny Hill Funeral Fund.

And please, please don't worry if you're not able to make a contribution. It's there for those who would like to, and have the means, but putting my mom and my family in your thoughts is more than enough for my gratitude.

My mom was an incredible person, and despite all the ridiculousness around the book, I'm glad you all got to know at least a version of her, at least a little bit about her.

I don't really know where any of this goes from here, but thanks again.
videorob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2016, 08:32 AM   #2125
Vortigern99
Philosopher

So sorry to hear of her passing. It's hard to lose any family member, but losing one's mother is a deep, deep cut. Knowing what little bit as I do about you, I feel certain that you and your family can find the strength to love and console one another in this difficult time. My deepest condolences.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2016, 04:35 PM   #2126
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Very sad to hear about this - thoughts with you and yours over this loss.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2016, 06:32 AM   #2127
kali1137
Thinker

I am so sorry to hear of her passing. When I get a chance I will share it on facebook and see if we can't get you some help or at least some extra kinds thoughts for you all.
kali1137 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2016, 11:39 PM   #2128
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
It's a funny old world. I've met some amazing friends due to Jenny Hill's life and this thread.

The link to Jenny Hill's funeral fund:

https://www.gofundme.com/jenny-hill-...-fund-2vcauvn7
Old 27th October 2016, 02:09 PM   #2129
Strawberry
Muse

My deepest sympathies, Rob.
Strawberry is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2016, 03:38 AM   #2130
catsmate
No longer the 1

Bump.
The 'San Antonio Four' have finally been exonerated.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal