IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 13th February 2013, 08:45 PM   #361
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
And if I did somehow manage to provide all this information you'd simply say it was all faked and any witnesses were liars (or worse), and what's more you know you would dismiss it out of hand, so why even bother asking for it? You think after all your "years of hard work and obsessive research" into this staggeringly stupid "theory" of yours that a box full of documents sent to you from a stranger on the internet is going lead to some life-changing epiphany on your part? Not bloody likely.

Why are you even here? You average writing over 63 posts a day and are (presumably) reading countless more posts from others at all hours of the day and night. Why is this a good use of your time? You clearly made your mind up about 9/11 years ago and certainly aren't here to accept criticism. Furthermore you have shown nothing but disdain and absolute contempt for anyone with actual expertise on the subject at hand. For God's sake, you have a Crash Investigator here and all you can seem to do is insult him, question his credentials and accuse him of being some brainwashed government stooge.

To quote Joseph Welch, have you no sense of decency sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?
Mock outrage will get you nowhere, but it will allow you to avoid critical thinking. I have learned quite a bit about the WTC and the tenants over the years, you might say I'm an expert. You aren't.

We have a crash investigator who has done nothing but insult me, so what? He hasn't lifted a finger to try to state his case beyond stomping around shouting"I'm a crash inspector!". I can understand his being upset, what with a non-credentialed, charming fellow like me showing him up, but I can't help it if he doen't know how to explain why the authorities and the Truth movement would insist the fires were so hot.

sI have a good explantion for it - they lied, which begs the question, what wiped out the buildings if it wasn't fires "so intense the concrete melted"?

Last edited by yankee451; 13th February 2013 at 08:55 PM.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2013, 08:45 PM   #362
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
I have called but only reached a recording. After this much time it would be tricky to get any answers without a visit anyway. It's on my list of tourist attractions in NYC though. Some day.

At least we know where the "hot fires" story came from.
Well, the item in question is on display. At least it's showing in the slide show on their website: http://www.nycpm.org/exhibitions/911/index.html

I can't read the sign though. Website also says they are currently closed because of Sandy. I'm really curious to know what they'd have to say about it.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2013, 08:52 PM   #363
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
Well, the item in question is on display. At least it's showing in the slide show on their website: http://www.nycpm.org/exhibitions/911/index.html

I can't read the sign though. Website also says they are currently closed because of Sandy. I'm really curious to know what they'd have to say about it.
It's still up?

Dang - I honestly thought it was closed.

Here is the link to the closeup images of the exhibit from the archives - the way it once was. If they haven't changed the exhibit, if they're still claiming the fires were hot enough to melt concrete, well that'll definitely be worth a phone call.

http://archive.org/details/NewYorkPo...mWtcGunsMelted
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2013, 09:48 PM   #364
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Am I a part of the conspiracy?
Apparently I am.

I just checked Dun & Bradstreet, my company's HQ doesn't exist - 100,000+ employees - and high profile tenants of other buildings, which I knew were there yesterday, seem to have no D&B profile either. AT&T, Verizon, Bechtel... all planted.
TJM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2013, 11:43 PM   #365
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
Apparently I am.

I just checked Dun & Bradstreet, my company's HQ doesn't exist - 100,000+ employees - and high profile tenants of other buildings, which I knew were there yesterday, seem to have no D&B profile either. AT&T, Verizon, Bechtel... all planted.
Eeek.
Old 14th February 2013, 05:32 AM   #366
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Mock outrage will get you nowhere, but it will allow you to avoid critical thinking. I have learned quite a bit about the WTC and the tenants over the years, you might say I'm an expert. You aren't.

We have a crash investigator who has done nothing but insult me, so what? He hasn't lifted a finger to try to state his case beyond stomping around shouting"I'm a crash inspector!". I can understand his being upset, what with a non-credentialed, charming fellow like me showing him up, but I can't help it if he doen't know how to explain why the authorities and the Truth movement would insist the fires were so hot.
Actualy, you have two crash and fire investigators checking your work and dismissing your "evidence" as examples of your gross ignoranceof the subject matter.

Quote:
I have a good explantion for it - they lied, which begs the question, what wiped out the buildings if it wasn't fires "so intense the concrete melted"?
Or they just had one of their own people analysizing the stuff and didn't bother to check with anyone from FDNY or the city engineering department to see if they were reading the evidence wrong.
Old 14th February 2013, 05:45 AM   #367
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

You don't know me, where are you coming up with this.

Aren't you the awesome architect who couldn't tell the difference between aluminum cladding and a steel column?

Aren't you the physics phenom who didn't know the wing would be struck with an equal and opposite reaction?
Don't you realize that this is bull ****** If the wing has more energy than a column or the ground can resist, it will just lose a little speed, perhaps shatter, but will keep right on going.

It's what makes swords, axes and bullets work.
Old 14th February 2013, 05:54 AM   #368
tsig
a carbon based life-form

If the fires in the sky were a thousand feet up, the molten concrete was a thousand feet down.

So, are you here to try to explain how the concrete melted, turned to lava and then back to concrete, aggregate and all without melting the guns? Lemme guess, you're going to wave-off the MUSEUM EXHIBIT that indoctrinated school children as a simple mistake. The kind of mistake academics make.

Why would the police lie like that?

Why would firefighters claim the steel ran like lava from a volcano?

Why would their stories match with the truth movment, when there never were such hot fires?

Are you going to tell me the USGS maps are accurate? What caused the ground to be 1000 kelvin many days after 9/11?

No, you're not here to discuss any of that.
Why not, according to your theory everybody is lying.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 05:59 AM   #369
tsig
a carbon based life-form

It's still up?

Dang - I honestly thought it was closed.

Here is the link to the closeup images of the exhibit from the archives - the way it once was. If they haven't changed the exhibit, if they're still claiming the fires were hot enough to melt concrete, well that'll definitely be worth a phone call.

http://archive.org/details/NewYorkPo...mWtcGunsMelted
So one flaky exhibit in a police museum breaks the case wide open.The truth movement is amazing, where else can you get so much out with so little facts in?
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 06:10 AM   #370
Animal
Master Poster

Originally Posted by leftysergeant View Post
Don't you realize that this is bull ****** If the wing has more energy than a column or the ground can resist, it will just lose a little speed, perhaps shatter, but will keep right on going.

That was my point....that the force applied by the wing was greater than the column could react to, thus the column failed and the mass of the wing continued onward.

But the poo flinger likes to take things out of context and quote mine as if that somehow provides evidence of his fantasy.
Animal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 06:13 AM   #371
Animal
Master Poster

Actualy, you have two crash and fire investigators checking your work and dismissing your "evidence" as examples of your gross ignoranceof the subject matter.

Or they just had one of their own people analysizing the stuff and didn't bother to check with anyone from FDNY or the city engineering department to see if they were reading the evidence wrong.

The bigger problem is you, me and just about everyone else out there is tired of responding to the same tired old fantasies by troofers. Then you get a Google U. graduate that takes the short cut answers and tries to spin into some sort of proof that their woo is true.
Animal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 08:41 AM   #372
yankee451
Master Poster

Please demonstrate how aluminum sheeting is like a sword, or a bullet. How does this keep intact long enough to transfer it's energy THROUGH, thicker, denser, more massive material?

Tap, tap, tap...

This thing on?
Old 14th February 2013, 10:51 AM   #373
Ape of Good Hope
Graduate Poster

Please demonstrate how aluminum sheeting is like a sword, or a bullet.

Repitition-ion-ion-ion

Tap, tap, tap...

This thing on?

Helloo-oo-oo-oo

Steve, putting your imaginary missiles to one side for a minute, what kind of explosives do you think the towers were rigged with?
Ape of Good Hope is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 11:24 AM   #374
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Please demonstrate how aluminum sheeting is like a sword, or a bullet. How does this keep intact long enough to transfer it's energy THROUGH, thicker, denser, more massive material?

http://yankee451.com/wp-content/uplo...ollow-wing.jpg

Tap, tap, tap...

This thing on?
The same principle as this:

It's called impulse.
GlennB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 12:00 PM   #375
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

I'd still like to know if I'm part of the conspiracy or even if I exist at all, since my company isn't part of a database. Maybe I can go home early?
TJM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 12:09 PM   #376
threadworm
Graduate Poster

Tap, tap, tap...

This thing on?
And the aluminium sheeting is wrapped around...?

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 12:51 PM   #377
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
I'd still like to know if I'm part of the conspiracy or even if I exist at all, since my company isn't part of a database. Maybe I can go home early?
Don't you get your monthly check from the NWO?
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 01:09 PM   #378
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
Don't you get your monthly check from the NWO?
The NWO doesn't seem to have a Dun & Bradstreet listing either. I thought I was being paid through their Mexican cartel slush fund. Not so sure now.
Old 14th February 2013, 01:34 PM   #379
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

sI have a good explantion for it - they lied, which begs the question, what wiped out the buildings if it wasn't fires "so intense the concrete melted"?

You have demonstrated in virtually every one the 855 (and counting) posts you've made since joining here last month that your claims of expertise are not only false but delusional. You are in the throes of a baseless obsession and are therefore incapable of rational debate.
Old 14th February 2013, 01:41 PM   #380
switchpoint
Thinker

Quote:
Please demonstrate how aluminum sheeting is like a sword, or a bullet.
In the words of the late Mayor of New York City, Ed Koch "I can explain it to you, but I can't comprehend it for you".
switchpoint is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 03:06 PM   #381
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

By having lots of energy.
Old 14th February 2013, 03:16 PM   #382
Courier
Banned

Please demonstrate how aluminum sheeting is like a sword, or a bullet. How does this keep intact long enough to transfer it's energy THROUGH, thicker, denser, more massive material?....
Please explain how a soft lead bullet can go through much harder and stronger steel.
Courier is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 03:21 PM   #383
TheRedWorm
I AM the Red Worm!

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post

That's the funny thing, according to yank's unique interpretation of physics, bullets won't work because lead is so soft compared to much of what bullets go through.

Just as an example of the forces involved in bullets, I was once shooting at a sheet steel sled with my various guns. When I shot it with my 12 gauge (00 buck) I noticed nine holes and a large dent that wasn't there previously. On the ground in front of the sled was the plastic thingie in shotgun shells. So this lightweight, not too aerodynamic (they slow significantly out of the muzzle) chunk of plastic was able to put a significant dent in steel because of its velocity.

As usual, he doesn't understand the relevant sciences, can't Google for the right thing, and appears to rely on the notion that a word salad liberally sprinkled with Google Croutons will make his argument seem coherent. -JayUtah
TheRedWorm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 03:46 PM   #384
Courier
Banned

I propose that Truthers take Chemistry, Physics, and Strength of Materials 101, before they engage in any discussions regarding 9-11. Otherwise they just end up looking like silly fools.
Courier is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 04:01 PM   #385
Redwood
Graduate Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood
Steve, there really is a Union Bank of California. Trust me. I live here in Sunny Southern California. Their offices are real, not holograms. There are plenty of others who can vouch for the reality of AT&T, Verizon, Fuji Bank, Oppenheimer Funds, and the others on the list.

The Trade Center buildings weren't empty. The tenants were real. Maybe besides hiring an engineer to run FEA programs for you, you could hire a private investigator to show that the tenants are real companies.
Real companies don't necessarily mean their offices staffed with real people. That was the point of the article, which you know too much to be bothered to have read. Can't fill a cup that's already full, eh?
Steve, I did read it. I practically had to arrange a sling to keep my jaw from dropping to the floor, but I did understand it better than you. Your soulmate "Steve WarRan" (are you sure it isn't you?) alleged they did not have a Dun & Bradstreet listing, ergo they aren't real. If they are real, a Dun & Bradstreet listing is irrelevant.

So all these firms are part of the Vast Conspiracy? Tell us what you think are their motivations. What would it take to get all these people to risk imprisonment, vilification, and execution to take part? Usually, it's money, power, sex, ego, or payback. Rarely, it's ideology. What do you think it is for Oppenheimer? How about Union Bank of California or AT&T?

If you are not the "Steve WarRan" of the article, you can take comfort in that you have found a soulmate. You both should seek out professional help ASAP.

You appear to be the victim of obsession. If it's chemical/neurological in origin, it's treatable.

Last edited by Redwood; 14th February 2013 at 04:03 PM.
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 04:20 PM   #386
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
Steve, I did read it. I practically had to arrange a sling to keep my jaw from dropping to the floor, but I did understand it better than you. Your soulmate "Steve WarRan" (are you sure it isn't you?) alleged they did not have a Dun & Bradstreet listing, ergo they aren't real. If they are real, a Dun & Bradstreet listing is irrelevant.

So all these firms are part of the Vast Conspiracy? Tell us what you think are their motivations. What would it take to get all these people to risk imprisonment, vilification, and execution to take part? Usually, it's money, power, sex, ego, or payback. Rarely, it's ideology. What do you think it is for Oppenheimer? How about Union Bank of California or AT&T?

If you are not the "Steve WarRan" of the article, you can take comfort in that you have found a soulmate. You both should seek out professional help ASAP.

You appear to be the victim of obsession. If it's chemical/neurological in origin, it's treatable.
You guys really don't understand this stuff do you? All the squirming, all the condescention, it's all compensation isn't it? Wow.
Old 14th February 2013, 04:23 PM   #387
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Courier View Post
Please explain how a soft lead bullet can go through much harder and stronger steel.
For the same reasons the jet can't.

Can you tell me why?
Old 14th February 2013, 04:25 PM   #388
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post

The pat answer from someone who has no idea what he's talking about.
Old 14th February 2013, 04:26 PM   #389
yankee451
Master Poster

You have demonstrated in virtually every one the 855 (and counting) posts you've made since joining here last month that your claims of expertise are not only false but delusional. You are in the throes of a baseless obsession and are therefore incapable of rational debate.
Uh huh. I haven't counted your posts.
Old 14th February 2013, 04:36 PM   #390
TheRedWorm
I AM the Red Worm!

Can you tell me why?

How are we supposed to explain YOUR befuddlement?

As usual, he doesn't understand the relevant sciences, can't Google for the right thing, and appears to rely on the notion that a word salad liberally sprinkled with Google Croutons will make his argument seem coherent. -JayUtah
TheRedWorm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 04:38 PM   #391
Courier
Banned

Can you tell me why?
The waves of Hurricane Sandy were able to break pieces of concrete and split pieces of of wood.

How can water, break concrete and wood?

Must be a conspiracy.
Old 14th February 2013, 04:39 PM   #392
Courier
Banned

Can you tell me why?
Hurricane-force winds can tare apart trees and houses.

How can mere oxygen, break apart wood?

Must be a conspiracy.

Last edited by Courier; 14th February 2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 14th February 2013, 04:50 PM   #393
ehcks
Illuminator

Can you tell me why?
So... your argument is "A projectile can only damage a material stronger than it is if it's not a plane"?
Old 14th February 2013, 05:25 PM   #394
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Courier View Post
Hurricane-force winds can tare apart trees and houses.

How can mere oxygen, break apart wood?

Must be a conspiracy.
This is priceless.

Now a jet is comparable to a hurricane.

Old 14th February 2013, 05:28 PM   #395
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by ehcks View Post
So... your argument is "A projectile can only damage a material stronger than it is if it's not a plane"?
My argument is to follow the evidence, and is pretty consistent. Yours appears to be...no wait, what is your argument?
Old 14th February 2013, 05:31 PM   #396
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
The same principle as this:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...psbb5e5925.jpg

It's called impulse.
Wonder why he doesn't spread his arms out and smack it like a snow-angel. That would be your jet analogy.
Old 14th February 2013, 05:42 PM   #397
TheRedWorm
I AM the Red Worm!

My argument is to follow the evidence, and is pretty consistent. Yours appears to be...no wait, what is your argument?

Once you declare that the physical evidence is faked, you aren't actually following the evidence.

Someone quote that, if you don't mind.

Old 14th February 2013, 05:49 PM   #398
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

You guys really don't understand this stuff do you? All the squirming, all the condescention, it's all compensation isn't it? Wow.

If you insist harping on our condescension, you might want to learn how to spell it. That red line that appears under the word every time you type it? That is a little something called spellcheck and while it isn't always right, it is usually worth paying attention to. It isn't trying to make you look foolish by correcting you, in fact it is trying to prevent you from looking foolish, in the same way that I am trying to prevent you from looking foolish.

Clearly we are both failing you miserably in that regard.

Uh huh. I haven't counted your posts.

At the risk of appearing condescending, let me help you out:

You have posted 860 posts since joining here on January 31st, 2013, averaging 62.12 posts per day.

I have posted 4,167 posts since joining here on August 10th, 2008, averaging 2.53 posts per day.
Old 14th February 2013, 05:59 PM   #399
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by switchpoint View Post
In the words of the late Mayor of New York City, Ed Koch "I can explain it to you, but I can't comprehend it for you".
Don't worry about me, this is a test to see whether any single one of you knows what you're talking about.
Old 14th February 2013, 06:00 PM   #400
yankee451
Master Poster

If you insist harping on our condescension, you might want to learn how to spell it. That red line that appears under the word every time you type it? That is a little something called spellcheck and while it isn't always right, it is usually worth paying attention to. It isn't trying to make you look foolish by correcting you, in fact it is trying to prevent you from looking foolish, in the same way that I am trying to prevent you from looking foolish.

Clearly we are both failing you miserably in that regard.

At the risk of appearing condescending, let me help you out:

You have posted 860 posts since joining here on January 31st, 2013, averaging 62.12 posts per day.

I have posted 4,167 posts since joining here on August 10th, 2008, averaging 2.53 posts per day.
If I used spellcheck on every post it would slow me down and then what would you talk about?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories